Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,254 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? (61481 Views)

Used Camry 2007 Vs Used Corolla 2004 Vs Landed EOD 2005 Vslanded Big Daddy 2004 / Toyota Camry 2008 Vs Honda Accord 2008 - Which Is Better And Why? / Peugeot 406 (2004) Vs Toyota Corolla 2008 (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by kaymart: 5:56pm On Nov 22, 2021
AKWATGOLD1:

Kaymart,
I can talk of Camry 2001 V6 engine that i drove for same journey October 17th, 2021 from Ondo Town to Portharcourt. I wanted to inquired its fuel consumption at Sapele road in Benin Edo State when I top-up the fuel back with 17ltrs to fill-up on Camry 2001 V6 engine.
In total, how many litres did the journey take?
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by mediclife1987(m): 5:58pm On Nov 22, 2021
Kaycee54321:
Una go soon make this Civic make e cost...

Cos na so Toyota come cost to the point of being so over-priced because of how Nigerians prefer to collectively flock to any brand with "public endorsement."

Civic no fit ever cost reach Toyota.

Toyota no just cost for nothing. It's years of them perfecting their engineering to the point they took over from Mercedes Benz in the tokunbo market, by retaining their value for several years.

People must have given it a 5* for a reason...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by mediclife1987(m): 5:58pm On Nov 22, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Fuel economy...Honda is it
Interior dashboard light design...Honda is it
Ruggedity....Honda is it
AC....Honda is it

Did I hear you say Ruggedity? If I stone you strong shit...

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by ameristu: 5:59pm On Nov 22, 2021
Harrynight:

That being said, even you would go for Corolla

Yes, i pick corolla because corolla takes the beating the uber/bolt trade brings.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by mediclife1987(m): 6:04pm On Nov 22, 2021
omoalaafin:
My first car is a Toyota Corolla 2004. The car is rugged. Very rugged. Got it in 2012 with 60,000 miles. Still using it today with about 250,000 miles. Though I have another Toyota Corolla 2011 and a Lexus GX 460, I am unable to part with my first love. That car will enter anywhere. Of all my cars, it has the best fuel consumption. Full tank will take you to and from Owo in Ondo State and you will still have fuel to drive around Lagos for one or two days.

But no matter what, don't park it in an unsecured place. My own has been targeted few times. My side mirrors were stolen before in broad day light when I went to barb and I parked few metres away from the barber shop. On another occasion, another set of men tried to steal the car in front of General Hospital in Ogba. This incidents happened in broad day light.

I can't say much about Honda Civic though.

How were you able to abort the theft at the General Hospital Ogba?

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by skywalker240(m): 6:04pm On Nov 22, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
1.4m? You are probably referring to second hand nigerian used
Yes Sir.
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 22, 2021
Op if you know what is good for you base on security o, go for honda, on Saturday a neighbor was nearly killed because of Toyota muscle, they want to collect his car when he's about to park in the compound.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Eriokanmi: 6:09pm On Nov 22, 2021
mediclife1987:

Did I hear you say Ruggedity? If I stone you strong shit...
Throw whatever you want at me, it can't change anything about my experience. My first car was Honda City, I've driven end of discussion, discussion continues, even pilot which I bought from US and am still driving it. I had driven Toyota corolla which was bought from metropolitan autos, by Mobil at oba akran, tear rubber and i drove it for years too. I also drove a toyota Avensis, though tokunbo but it doesn't matter. Based on my personal experience, Honda is better.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by ak22(m): 6:12pm On Nov 22, 2021
LiberatedGirl:

Go for the Toyota , iv seen too many Honda have problems with broken front wheel Axel's on the streets of Lagos. They say that is Honda signature , a broken axel

Not Honda Civic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Slickleo: 6:12pm On Nov 22, 2021
mediclife1987:

Civic no fit ever cost reach Toyota.

Toyota no just cost for nothing. It's years of them perfecting their engineering to the point they took over from Mercedes Benz in the tokunbo market, by retaining their value for several years.

People must have given it a 5* for a reason...

The only reason to have more value than other brands is our mechanic that is all.
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by skywalker240(m): 6:16pm On Nov 22, 2021
indadi:

Sha OP just dey find wahala for 650 motor grin grin

But wait o OP how can you be comparing 650 with ov 1m sef angry
grin

The both are same year and almost same specs and both meets Uber standard s
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Qoko: 6:16pm On Nov 22, 2021
Two of that Civic was given to one of my family friends in 2004 from BOI, the car is mad in fuel economy, dem say Honda dey pull shaft, we drove this car for more than one year around Ijegun, Na only Little fuel we dey buy and you need to know the status of roads in Ijegun are very bad. Both cars are very very rugged and cool to drive, the most regretted car every made by Honda and Toyota.

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by otabuko(m): 6:19pm On Nov 22, 2021
Your corolla fit loss anytime. Honda security no be here oh!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by VULCAN(m): 6:20pm On Nov 22, 2021
The only thing worse than when a person has no solution to your problem is when they give you very stupid advice and make it sound like it's coming from Mt. Olympus.

Someone wants to know which of two cars will be better for Bolt and instead of keeping quiet to wait to hear what those who have used both will say...someone says he should buy one and watch how things go.

It's difficult to explain how useless this answer is to the OP. I won't bother

I blame Buhari for these type of solutions, he has reduced our collective IQ through his sheer emptyness

ameristu:
I would say try out any of the cars first to get your first hand opinion.

Buy the car of your choice, use it for uber/bolt then you can know if the car you picked is good or not.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by providencia(m): 6:23pm On Nov 22, 2021
hammedroyabat:
Would advice you go for Corolla

Parts availability
Highly sellable...
Easy handling
Low maintenance cost
Fuel economical
Rugged
A car built for Uber in Nigeria cool

The maintenance cost of corrolla is not low. Its more expensive than camry in terms of maintenance

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by kmaster007: 6:25pm On Nov 22, 2021
You better go for Toyota

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by generalwo(m): 6:36pm On Nov 22, 2021
When God bless me with money to buy car, I will comment on posts like this.... Until then, good luck with any of them you go for because just like Dominic said in fast and furious, it's the driver of a car that matters not the car itself.... So I think it depends on how good u are as a person and how u treat your vehicle...... Some people will come and say corolla is better... Others will say Honda is better.... The final decision ultimately rests with the end user of the vehicle

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by tayoccu(m): 6:38pm On Nov 22, 2021
skywalker240:
Good Morning great gurus,

Please am currently trying to get a car as am planning to start Bolt or Uber as a side hustle, by the special grace of God, but that's not why i created this thread.

I just want to know which is reliable, durable, that can withstand pressure (on the engine) in short better overall between the two cars, personally I have read alot of reviews here from you guys on the both ride, and I am considering getting the Civic, but my friends keep telling me Corolla is the best worldwide grin but then I reply them that the Honda is cheaper and even more beautiful, but they're not trusting the cheap price, some even mock me jokingly that na who no get money de tok say beer no sweet (what is it with the average Nigerian and Toyota sef undecided )

Truth be told, am a bit suspecting and having reservation's for the price of the Honda Civic

Frankly to be honest, am a novice when it comes to auto's

I just want a wider view on both and possibly the advantages one have over the other

Note the Honda is a manual transmission while the Corolla is auto

So I bring my case to the legends over here, what's your take?

Cost o parts replacement

Fuel economy

How rugged they are

How easy for mechanic to work on

Resale value
Thanks

Bro look for same civic with auto transmission, and drive in peace, cos the rate corollas are being stolen/vandalized...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by dicksonadams(m): 6:43pm On Nov 22, 2021
ameristu:

Yes, i pick corolla because corolla takes the beating the uber/bolt trade brings.
I see a gazzuzz in you in the future
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by phadul: 6:49pm On Nov 22, 2021
honda is the best car for you sir the toyota is too expensive to buy and the parts are expensive with no added value than the honda

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by miketayo(m): 6:59pm On Nov 22, 2021
Branduche:
The user is the real Evilspirit here.

Let me burst your head, Prado legs pulled off this morning in Lagos

It's easier for an SUV to pull of than a sedan.. 4runner pulls off too
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by kolaaderin: 7:00pm On Nov 22, 2021
skywalker240:

Thanks for this Sir

The Civic goes for 650k the Corolla is 1.4m

What do you think about the great difference between the prices? Is there something sinister about it?
then this answers it. Buy two of the civic, give one to a trusted friend in need to also make a living. You can never go wrong on that price, that is quick return of investment.
Base on the following parameters, I will rate each cars on scale of 1 - 10.

Cost of buying
Corolla - 3/10
Civic. - 9/10

Maintenance cost
Corolla - 7/10
Civic - 9/10

Ruggedness.
Corolla - 8/10
Civic. - 6/10

Fuel economy
Corolla - 8/10
Civic - 9/10

Engine reliability
Corolla - 7/10
Civic. - 9/10

Resale value after use
Corolla - 9/10
Civic. - 3/10.

Total score - corolla - 40/60
Civic. - 45/60

The Civic wins.

Forget the resale value after use, you have nothing to lose, the buying price is taking care of that, so from a business point of it, save your money and invest in a friend or another business with the balance.
If you really want to kill this race, get the 08/09 Honda City. It's more rugged in grand clearance and beats corolla in the above parameter scale hands down.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by miketayo(m): 7:04pm On Nov 22, 2021
Presegs:

The car owner should be very poor with maintenance or bought a front-wrecked but packaged tokunbo car.

Also, are you 100% sure that it is 2012 because one could be deceived using mere body shape to judge?

it was btw 2010 to 2013 coupe
. the car was very clean too. I don't knw the owner one on one tho.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by LillyandDaisy: 7:08pm On Nov 22, 2021
RotimiBliss:

grin buying two at the price of one Toyota....
You get it!

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by wizi4tyn: 7:09pm On Nov 22, 2021
Integrafamoo:

You are wrong. I bought 2004 big daddy and I don't regret ever buying. It has now appreciated by 450k.
i
It didn’t appreciate, your country’s currency is loosing value by the day!!

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Bimpe29: 7:14pm On Nov 22, 2021
Toyota Corolla is better by far.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by ArticleBeast: 7:20pm On Nov 22, 2021
adanny01:

Fuel pump in Honda? 7yrs with mine, never changed the pump.
Wic of the honda? I am talking from 2000-2005.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by Presegs(m): 7:25pm On Nov 22, 2021
miketayo:

it was btw 2010 to 2013 coupe
. the car was very clean too. I don't knw the owner one on one tho.

Okay
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by FiverrTutor(m): 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2021
skywalker240:

Thanks for this Sir

The Civic goes for 650k the Corolla is 1.4m

What do you think about the great difference between the prices? Is there something sinister about it?

Please I'm interested in buying the civic... How do I contact you?
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by adanny01(m): 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2021
ArticleBeast:

Wic of the honda? I am talking from 2000-2005.

Accord 2003
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by ameristu: 8:05pm On Nov 22, 2021
VULCAN:
The only thing worse worse than when a person has no solution to your problem is when they give you very stupid advice and make it sound like it's coming from Mt. Olympus.
Someone wants to know which of two cars will be better for Bolt and instead of keeping quiet to wait to hear what those who have used both will say...someone says he should buy one and watch how things go.
It's difficult to explain how useless this answer is to the OP. I won't bother
I blame Buhari for these type of solutions, he has reduced our collective IQ through his sheer emptyness

You obviously lack wisdom and understanding on matters, so is your reason for this write up.

How did those that compared the cars know the difference, did they find out the difference from asking.

Lack of wisdom is your primary problem so no need to answer you.
Re: Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? by duality(m): 8:11pm On Nov 22, 2021
Muzikluva:

Bro, Honda Civic over Toyota Corolla any day anytime! Nigerians think Corolla is the only economical car. Go for a 2006-2009 Honda Civic, they come with automatic gear and even more beautiful than the ones you are considering. By the way, it seems you want to go for a Nigerian used car? Be very careful with the one you buy. Ensure to go inspect it with a TRUSTED mechanic.

Honda is too low for our bad roads

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Allen Samuel From Ondo Constructs Car (Photos, Video) / HAHAHA And LOL Number Plates: Nigerian Cars Laughing At Poverty / Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.