Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,438 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari (20556 Views)

Father: How Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives / Why Solomon Emmanuel Akuma Was Arrested By Security Operatives / Police Detain Solomon Emmanuel Akuma For Criticising Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Advocate500: 3:40pm On Nov 22, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

So much for your righteousness indeed.
It's not funny. I honestly don't know your state of mind when typing the multiple Hahas. It's not funny at all except you are a narcissist.

It's heart breaking to read that such a trained hand is wasting away after so much of the tax payers money was used in training him. If you glory in violence you are obviously not then a Christian. Not even Christ will encourage violence that you find amusing let alone permit the use of filthy vile words. I am disappointed in your attempt to laugh over what is the pain of his parents now.
this your useles comment is very annoying, have control my anger while dropping this ,how many time have you criticise northern muslim politicians who have continued to call for the killing of Christian? The likes of patami are government after supporting the killing of Christian by ISIS.you think you have sense?
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by EagleSquare1(m): 3:44pm On Nov 22, 2021
Well said.
A word is enough for the wise.

FreeStuffsNG:
Reckless boy! He will still face the Disciplinary committee of the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) for misconduct.

There are many like him still naively thinking that the social media and Nairaland gives them any annonymity whereas it is not so. It seems when they get on the social media their brains and upbringing go straight to the dogs and they use their own hands to ruin all the hardwork their teachers had done on them.

I am very very disappointed in him. He just put himself in a damaged position for life at age 29. From the look of things, his criminal case may be started all over again de novo despite already spending 11 months in prison.

He would wish Twitter has been suspended earlier in Nigeria since it was his recklessness on Twitter that ruined his young promising life. I hope others will learn from him. Threatening the life or calling for the violent death of anyone online or offline is a criminal offence. Stop doing it. Government now monitors everything because of the grave security problems online recklessness has caused the nation.

Even if you don't love yourself, remember your parents. Especially your mother who is the weaker vessel and may likely die of heartbreak on hearing that you are going straight from classroom to jail like this reckless and unwise youth.

Many have typed to curse the land so much to the point that the land will never bless them , no matter how long they try. All these recklessness are completely avoidable. Just don't live dual personality lives. Your true character is revealed at what you do when you think no one is watching you.

If you are decent and respectful offline, be that same decent and respectful person online too. That is not too much to do If you have a sound value system and you're from a good home.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by descartes400: 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2021
Ladycewhy:
Things people are being hounded and intimidated for in this administration people got away with it in the previous administration ,and that's a fact . So yes I still say it again, he probably would have gotten away with it.

Let's not try to pretend as if you and I don't know that buhari is a dictator and an opresssor.

Style of leadership are different..some are strict and are disciplinarian..and therefore will not take shit..while others, you can throw a bucket of shit on them and would not respond.

If you make a veil threat..to KILL a sitting president whether a DICTATOR, OPPRESSOR(emphasis yours) or one with democratic tendencies... THE STATE SECURITY APPARATUS WILL RESPOND ACCORDINGLY! Know this and know peace.

1 Like

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by FreeStuffsNG: 3:49pm On Nov 22, 2021
Advocate500:
this your useles comment is very annoying, have control my anger while dropping this ,how many time have you criticise northern muslim politicians who have continued to call for the killing of Christian? The likes of patami are government after supporting the killing of Christian by ISIS.you think you have sense?
Cc Seun Mynd44 Lalasticlala.

Note that I am not in your class of people who use one bad brush of few bad eggs in a group of people to to paint the whole group. If I want to criticise IPOB terrorists, I face them and never tag all the Igbo race with terrorism. If I want to criticise Boko Haram terrorists, I do so without dragging Islam faithfuls into it like I did calling out the one laughing over violent misinterpretation of the events in the bible.

1 Like

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by J3susFr3ak: 3:51pm On Nov 22, 2021
Lagosianswag:
Thank God for his Life. grin

They don't forgive/forget over there. undecided

You are talking as if that is some type of special virtue where everyone else should just drop to their knees or cower in fear! All I know is pride comes before a fall...a haughty spirit before destruction! Prior to 1999, Abacha was just hounding and kidnapping people everywhere until his cup was full. There is a terrible end-game for any Evil in power...no matter how toxic.

With the lessons from the short history of democracy from 1999--it is now explicitly clear: Christian leaders can respect or tolerate harsh criticism--even overt threats under the broad cover of freedom of speech---while Muslim leaders are ever instinctively inclined to dictatorial rule even under the slim disguise of "democratic rule". Islam is antithetical to any freedom of expression....it's plain as day.

The Christian and Islamic cultures can NEVER co-exist smoothly and peacefully in any so-called "democracy". Look at Lebanon. Or what Erdogan's Turkey is up to lately. Force fusing them into any type of experimental pseudo-democracy without the core fundamentals will end very badly.
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Patrioticman007(m): 3:53pm On Nov 22, 2021
BigSarah:
sad He has suffered enough..

He thought he was on Nairaland that promotes hate and sycophancy whilst protecting one's identity..

Go and yarn crap no more

I'm not BMC ooo, Tufiakwa Olounmaje ..
But be honest, his post was too bad and he made the post with his personal account.

Many people channel bad energy against themselves, imagine wishing your fellow human being death, when your are not related to Angel of Death, why the rush ?, when you know definitely ure going to die someday. 11 months in jail because u can't control your mouth.

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by maiquel: 3:55pm On Nov 22, 2021
I understand how callous we can sometimes be on the Internet, but that is why this case should be an example. Be mindful of what you say, especially when you have a government (the executive in this regard) that is swift to punish the weak and defenceless for any altercation or confrontation.

Also understand that this present case is not over, it was struck out, hence it can be refiled.
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by FarahAideed: 3:56pm On Nov 22, 2021
JosephXavier:
So court cannot prosecute this Akuma for a post he made on twitter threatening the life of the president

Why then does people think that court can jail Nnamdi Kanu for posts he made on twitter and the programs he aired on Radio Biafra while in UK?

I am neutral on kanu's case but this issue gat me thinking logically

Interesting outlook
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by naturefellow(m): 3:56pm On Nov 22, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:
Reckless boy! He will still face the Disciplinary committee of the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) for misconduct.

There are many like him still naively thinking that the social media and Nairaland gives them any annonymity whereas it is not so. It seems when they get on the social media their brains and upbringing go straight to the dogs and they use their own hands to ruin all the hardwork their teachers had done on them.

I am very very disappointed in him. He just put himself in a damaged position for life at age 29. From the look of things, his criminal case may be started all over again de novo despite already spending 11 months in prison.

He would wish Twitter has been suspended earlier in Nigeria since it was his recklessness on Twitter that ruined his young promising life. I hope others will learn from him. Threatening the life or calling for the violent death of anyone online or offline is a criminal offence. Stop doing it. Government now monitors everything because of the grave security problems online recklessness has caused the nation.

Even if you don't love yourself, remember your parents. Especially your mother who is the weaker vessel and may likely die of heartbreak on hearing that you are going straight from classroom to jail like this reckless and unwise youth.

Many have typed to curse the land so much to the point that the land will never bless them , no matter how long they try. All these recklessness are completely avoidable. Just don't live dual personality lives. Your true character is revealed at what you do when you think no one is watching you.

If you are decent and respectful offline, be that same decent and respectful person online too. That is not too much to do If you have a sound value system and you're from a good home.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.
all this essay simply because 'pro-Buhari/APC?
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Wartroop01: 4:00pm On Nov 22, 2021
♻️♻️ULTRA BETTING ARENA ♻️♻️.
https:///ultrabettingarena

Join this guy group. We boom 87 ODDS YESTERDAY. And he do always announce a giveaway. He's legit and his games a free
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by maiquel: 4:02pm On Nov 22, 2021
Zico5:
Thank God for nairaland. Half of us here would have been arrested and jailed. I wonder if we are still in colonial era or military regime. No freedom of speech and someone there called this man a man of integrity. I wonder if these people can take half of injustice they meted out to GEJ. I know posterity will judge them all.

This is not the way to use your freedom, this is a careless talk... though I do not support the gimmick the police pulled out... tells you the type of government we have and why you should thread carefully
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by einsteine(m): 4:10pm On Nov 22, 2021
JosephXavier:
So court cannot prosecute this Akuma for a post he made on twitter threatening the life of the president

Why then does people think that court can jail Nnamdi Kanu for posts he made on twitter and the programs he aired on Radio Biafra while in UK?

The court can punish him
The DPP deliberately didn't file a charge so that the first 11 months is basically wasted. Now a charge would be filed and the case will be starting afresh. It's basically a way to punish him

5 Likes

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Kraytur: 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2021
Gumi threatens citizens and even presidency but nothing happens

Who do us this kind thing
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by IfnobeGod20: 4:11pm On Nov 22, 2021
Zico5:
Thank God for nairaland. Half of us here would have been arrested and jailed. I wonder if we are still in colonial era or military regime. No freedom of speech and someone there called this man a man of integrity. I wonder if these people can take half of injustice they meted out to GEJ. I know posterity will judge them all.
Mr. Man, you're yarning nonsense. Freedom of speech does not give anyone latitude to malign or instigate violence. There are limits to freedom of speech. By speech we libel, by speech we malign, by speech we cause bodily injury, in these there are penalties. If you don't like someone, please use legitimate means to vent your anger, never take help of illegality because where your freedom ends another person's own begins.
Always put in mind, that there is no section of the constitution that empowers anyone to libel, malign or throw foul words at others.
Be warned!
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Ladycewhy(f): 4:17pm On Nov 22, 2021
descartes400:

Style of leadership are different..some are strict and are disciplinarian..and therefore will not take shit..while others, you can throw a bucket of shit on them and would not respond.

If you make a veil threat..to KILL a sitting president whether a DICTATOR, OPPRESSOR(emphasis yours) or one with democratic tendencies... THE STATE SECURITY APPARATUS WILL RESPOND ACCORDINGLY! Know this and know peace.

Disciplinarian in the context of buhari is an abuse of word. A failed president with bandits who he was supposed to use for bath blood if he had lost the election now running amok trying to force his hand for settlement is far from being a disciplinarian but a terrorist enabler.

But let's not digress too much, like I said earlier ,it was a careless tweet.

However,it still doesn't change the fact that buhari is massive failure and a jihad sympathizer.

As for the DSS ,even the blind knows they are now used as attack dogs ,so let's not act like they are on some CIA level undecided.
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Nobody: 4:20pm On Nov 22, 2021
You threatened a nation's president with "snipper" under your real profile & details? Na mumu you be bro. Better to keep yourself anonymous. If you're not on Nairaland for business, abeg no use your real email address or phone number. DSS can easily locate any of the admins and the rest is history.

Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by IzEmmyGraphz(m): 4:24pm On Nov 22, 2021
FullBlastLight:

Go & sit down, attention seeker!

U already know there is no way ur post & moniker can receive attention if u don't quote a popular & distinguished Nairalander!

He wasn't laughing at d guy in question, he was laughing at his funny description of how Paul got converted!

Receive understanding!!!
As in eh, I just didn't know how to reply him cuz he seems to be so accurate with what he was typing. Which parent is he even talking about.? Paul's parent? Was Paul arrested? God help us
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by 6ixT8: 4:31pm On Nov 22, 2021
should i say this guy is ultra nationalist or just viled and stupid?
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by JosephXavier: 4:35pm On Nov 22, 2021
einsteine:

The court can punish him
The DPP deliberately didn't file a charge so that the first 11 months is basically wasted. Now a charge would be filed and the case will be starting afresh. It's basically a way to punish him

Why charge someone to just punish in NY going trial knowing you can't convict the person

Is that not incompetence?
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Nomorelove: 4:40pm On Nov 22, 2021
JosephXavier:

Anyone can bear the name Buhari. He did not specifically state that it was president Buhari.
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by jrusky(m): 4:44pm On Nov 22, 2021
Hope in the next 24 hours the judge house will not be invaded by dem dem?

I'm waiting to read *Judge so and so house was invaded and the operation lasted 7minutes, her gate broken down , her main door entrance broken down and the invaders were able to find $50million under her pillow and the invader were able to count $50million, the broken gate, the broken door all within 7minutes.........

It's only in Nigeria some security agent are superhuman that an count $1billion with bare hand in 7minute.
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by kkonyeji(m): 4:47pm On Nov 22, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

U wrote so well.
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by MICHEALADEX(m): 5:10pm On Nov 22, 2021
Baawaa:

11 months just like that,money also has gone. We have to becareful of what we say on the internet

Thank you ooo... people should know that freedom of speech is not absolute.

You have freedom of speech yes ! but it's not guaranteed after speech.
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by MICHEALADEX(m): 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2021
Baawaa:

11 months just like that,money also has gone. We have to becareful of what we say on the internet

Thank you ooo... people should know that freedom of speech is not absolute.

You have freedom of speech yes ! but it's not guaranteed after speech....
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 22, 2021
BigSarah:
sad He has suffered enough..

He thought he was on Nairaland that promotes hate and sycophancy whilst protecting one's identity..

Go and yarn crap no more

I'm not BMC ooo, Tufiakwa Olounmaje ..
But be honest, his post was too bad and he made the post with his personal account.
And buhari that said if he loose election in 2011 he will kill everyone in nigeria never got arrested
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by lesbiconverter: 5:23pm On Nov 22, 2021
Only a southern judge is reasonable enough to dismiss a frivolous and trivial tweet. The defendant should be compensated and the complainant should pay a fine for wasting time of the court
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 22, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

So much for your righteousness indeed.
It's not funny. I honestly don't know your state of mind when typing the multiple Hahas. It's not funny at all except you are a narcissist.

It's heart breaking to read that such a trained hand is wasting away after so much of the tax payers money was used in training him. If you glory in violence you are obviously not then a Christian. Not even Christ will encourage violence that you find amusing let alone permit the use of filthy vile words. I am disappointed in your attempt to laugh over what is the pain of his parents now.
Buhari is violence personified except u were not in Nigeria in 2011 when he said if he loose election everybody will die. He lost and hundreds of nigrrias died
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by monex(m): 5:32pm On Nov 22, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

interestingly govt only realised this when they stopped being the opposition. El Rufai's tweets between 2010 to 2015 will explain this better
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 22, 2021
Me wey dey insult bashir Ahmad and bubu for Facebook die but no be with my main account grin
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by adamsmith914: 5:56pm On Nov 22, 2021
JosephXavier:

One question is Kanu associated with Biafra Radio? Does he have a license from the Federal Government to broadcast in Nigeria? He has entered FG trap, that is already a felony, 11 months with FCID because of ordinary tweet that the police choose not to prosecute, just to teach the Mumu a serious lesson, that you are not invisible on the internet.
Re: Solomon Akuma: Court strikes out suit over Twitter rant against Buhari by adamsmith914: 5:58pm On Nov 22, 2021
ANDREW91:

Buhari is violence personified except u were not in Nigeria in 2011 when he said if he loose election everybody will die. He lost and hundreds of nigrrias died
For telling pdp that if they keep rigging the elections sooner than later that the people will rise up & revolt, is that the everybody will die you are talking about? Where you in form 2 in 2011?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Can't Hand Over Pdp To The Apc: PDP Nass Members Threaten To Dump Party / Muslim-muslim Ticket: APC Keeps Mum Over Saraki’s Claims / APC Hired Sheriff To Destroy PDP – Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.