Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? (24885 Views)

FBI Tracked Woodberry Via Iphone, Whatsapp, Bitcoin Transactions / Prostitute Arrested After Being Tracked Down With Stolen Phone In Owerri. Photo / Spray Painter Tracked Down In Osun State After Fleeing With Customer's Car.Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by yusluvad(m): 8:08pm On Nov 23, 2021
Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:09pm On Nov 23, 2021
All this sim and NIN registration are just a waste of time

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by caprini1: 8:11pm On Nov 23, 2021
finalboss:

You can't track anyone using their phone number it's unreliable just like using IP address
They can...but the issue is after the men in black gets the crook,its another story,you go spend taya.
Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by obinna58(m): 8:11pm On Nov 23, 2021
Money is the issue

They can only track someone with money
Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by wpadmin: 8:12pm On Nov 23, 2021
Following
Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by GeneralPula: 8:12pm On Nov 23, 2021
The numbers that they do use isn’t their real number..

It’s a purchased number... There are websites that sells phone number..

You can buy any mobile number of any country on earth, and you’ll even be able to use them to register WhatsApp

The world has gone digital - una dey think say nah Joke?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by Flier: 8:13pm On Nov 23, 2021
Instead of the poster to say “through their BVN number”
I sent money to a wrong account,the toothless bank cant even track the person let alone getting the money back for me
People are still using their bank account to scam and nothing is happening to them
Nigeria is just a scam,all the registrations and ID cards are useless
Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by NnamdiN: 8:13pm On Nov 23, 2021
Newboss:
Because it's not their phone number. A scammer using his phone number to run show is as dumb as the one using his IP address
whether or not the number belongs to the scammer shouldn't matter. Provided it's on and able to receive calls, it should be easy to track (according to oyibo people)
Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by pocohantas(f): 8:13pm On Nov 23, 2021
Scammers can be tracked.
As long as you have a phone and get on the internet, you can be tracked.

When you defraud someone who has the time and resources to track you, you will know the world is a small place.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by Emmerlee(m): 8:15pm On Nov 23, 2021
Please do not give your card digits, c.v.v code and expiry date to anyone. There are places they can shop with your card and it won't ask for pin. You might just be unlucky next time.

3 Likes

Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by Clinghton: 8:15pm On Nov 23, 2021
Maybe the network producer's would lose their customer.
Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by blowjohn(m): 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2021
finalboss:

You can't track anyone using their phone number it's unreliable just like using IP address

Bro u can.
Our police can.
Na money be the koko.
If the person likes he should off the phone. They will track him.
They tracked a gal that stole my friend's money in Abuja to akure.
But the case died there
Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by Adewale1603(m): 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2021
you never jam confirm hacker, by providing the last 6 digits of your atm card and some other details, your account can still be hack without your pin code

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by sanny1(m): 8:17pm On Nov 23, 2021
See the face of this scammer too he scammed me with 5k and run his phone number is 07036566725 his name okegbenle seun Emmanuel be way with him don't do any transaction with him

2 Shares

Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by nextstep(m): 8:18pm On Nov 23, 2021
Because SIM registration is just a cruise. grin
Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by Sonicroyel: 8:19pm On Nov 23, 2021
cliqtips:
The cards are not always a valid one.

Pls do u know the format cos one did this to me and said he was ts to pray 4 me that I should get water ?
Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by OKOATA(m): 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2021
angry
Conversation I heard with some of them earlier. mumu people.

Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by Patrick4891(m): 8:24pm On Nov 23, 2021
ipobarethieves:
sad Patami deceive us with his Useless NIN . Very Useless
Clueless pamtami.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by SonofGod231: 8:25pm On Nov 23, 2021
If you are bright enough you would know not to GIVE YOUR BANK INFO OUT ONLINE even Buhari knows this that's why he's unbothered. Your Bank would never call you unless they personally paid money into your account mistakenly and If you are unsure of any thing concerning your bank account visit your bank in person,that's common sense,illiteracy and laziness is a disease.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by Stonerobaba(m): 8:26pm On Nov 23, 2021
femi4:

The idiot above called yesterday wanting to confirm my dob. Useless people. I ve flagged his number as scammer on Truecaller

Na one Shomolu boy. Crude method grin
Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by CUMIN: 8:27pm On Nov 23, 2021
This was sent to me probably you will help me spam the scammers

Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by ThinkSmarter: 8:27pm On Nov 23, 2021
othermen:
On Zenith Bank official page on social media (Facebook especially) you have loads of fraudsters using the name of the bank. A naive or distraught customer making a complaint is sometimes not responded to by the bank, but then a fraudster with the name of the bank contacts you or responds. I don’t know why the bank allows this on their official page.

If you check the screenshot, the name of the official page of the bank is very similar to the one responding to the customers complaint and the naive or distraught customer in the heat of resolving the issue, is taken advantage of. The second screenshot shows the misleading fake blue tick on such fraudulent account. I hope the banks follow up on such activities on their page and remove such fraudulent pages.
I don't think this a genuine Zenith bank official facebook page.
Because I used to chat with UBA, Access and MTN on their Official facebook pages.
Their official facebook page has a Blue ☑
Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:28pm On Nov 23, 2021
We're in a dead country,

Don't be surprised, OP.
Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by cliqtips: 8:29pm On Nov 23, 2021
Sonicroyel:

Pls do u know the format cos one did this to me and said he was ts to pray 4 me that I should get water ?

grin yes, exactly what they do. The same guy and in some cases his friend would be sounding like an old man telling you that *thank you my son* grin and praying for you.
Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by olawaley12(m): 8:33pm On Nov 23, 2021
Na. Its left to the network provider to give it out to you
Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by Dblaiz(f): 8:34pm On Nov 23, 2021
Guys, some bank staffs also run kolabo with these fraudsters.

Just last week, my younger bro opened a UBA account. Yes, UBA. I mentioned the bank name because I'm highly disappointed.

Back to my story... After he registered account, got his Mastercard ATM. Barely 24 hours afterwards, he started receiving 419 calls.
He hasn't even used the card online.

The fraudsters know his name, full name, date of birth. Virtually every information about him.

They went like, am I speaking with (name with held) , I'm so so so from UBA, and I would like to ask some information to help us serve you better. Can you confirm that your date of birth is (...).

The shocking part was that they knew the card details already. They only needed the 4 digit ATM pin.

How else will they have all those information if there are no insiders selling out info to fraudsters. Guys just beware. Eye dey red and boys are not smiling. Criminals are everywhere

7 Likes

Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by Shakathezulu1: 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2021
cliqtips:
What exactly is the purpose of doing SIM registration?
If it can't be used to track Scammers.

I had two experiences with these scammers this week.

One called me telling me an old man was trying to send recharge to his son but mistakenly sent the recharge cards to my phone that the cards worth 3000 Naira.

"Lmao" in brodashaggi's voice.

This stupid boy is the same person that would act the old man for me on the call but I wasn't caught up for his act anyways.

As at the time he called, he hadn't received any text message (of the card) from the number but I was sure that he was going to send it after the code. Of course, I have had similar experiences before. ( na their format be that grin )

To cut the story short, I told him on that call to get a job instead of trying to scam people ( I did that because I wasn't in the mood to stay long on the call).

Na 1 Yoruba guy dey act as the old man bah.
Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by MisterGrace: 8:41pm On Nov 23, 2021
You took a silly risk by availing her/him your card details.

As cyber security expert, in many cases, those correct digits were enough.

You must learn to be smart.

4 Likes

Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by cliqtips: 8:41pm On Nov 23, 2021
Shakathezulu1:

Yes na grin grin
Re: Why Can't Scammers Be Tracked Down By Their Phone Numbers ? by cliqtips: 8:41pm On Nov 23, 2021
Shakathezulu1:

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Housewife Stabs Woman For Dating Her Husband / One-Chance Robber Arrested In Lagos With Phones And Cash (Photos) / Baby Found Dead Inside Plastic Bag In Lagos (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.