Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,381 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey (42786 Views)

Umahi Dumps 2nd Niger Bridge Onitsha Bypass Design, Saves Nigeria N300b / First Niger Bridge, Onitsha On Fire / Anambra & Delta Police Commissioners Storm Head Bridge Onitsha- Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by goaldynboy: 11:24am On Nov 23, 2021
timesup234:
Clowns and brainwashed dunce. New Jersey is the dirtiest and stinky place on earth. Oh my devil when i lived in New Jersey I almost died wondering if there can be a dead place like this in so called developed country. In short only termites should live in New Jersey

See this awkward headslammer that have never crossed his shanty in ogbomosho all the days of his life talking about New Jersey!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by Litmus: 11:28am On Nov 23, 2021
We need a return to the old Nigeria spirit, which was aim to Be Better Than and not As Good As!

Bricks and mortar isn't Nuclear fission, quantum computing, traveling to the moon or building atom smashers underground. It doesn't require great intelligence commissioning the construction of streets, buildings, parks and bridges of higher standard than anything currently in Dubai, Hong Kong, or elsewhere. The expertise required is out there waiting.....
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by goaldynboy: 11:38am On Nov 23, 2021
Fatah1212:
Buhari [s]stop wasting energy and resources to those ungrateful demons.
[/s]

Buhari is not the one building the bridge neither is he the one that initiated and awarded the contract!!

The American government repatriated Abacha loot and insisted the money must be used on the project as well as other specified projects!!

Get educated!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by warlordd(m): 12:16pm On Nov 23, 2021
kettykings:
It seems people go to Onitsha do business and relax in Asaba.

Is Onitsha helping Asaba to grow or is Asaba helping Onitsha to develop ( this doesn't seem so) Asaba is the civil service capital of an oil rich state . Business, shops and markets will be getting supplies from Onitsha

Onitsha doesn't seem to have a night life while Asaba night life is coming up.

Onitsha is helping Asaba to grow and develop.
Onitsha is a mad city...bustling, rowdy, chaotic and dangerous with zero nightlife. Some people especially workers who cannot cope with the frenzy of activities and violence in Onitsha prefer to live in Asaba which is more peaceful while they work or earn their livelihood in Onitsha.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by anthonyuncle(m): 12:28pm On Nov 23, 2021
TimeTraveller:

If to say una hero, GEJ build am, we for no dey talk about am.

so PMB is your hero
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by anthonyuncle(m): 12:31pm On Nov 23, 2021
efighter:

I thought your lord and savior Goatluck Jonaddaft already commissioned and opened the bridge for use.

how many has your cow favoring president commissioned
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by kettykings: 12:41pm On Nov 23, 2021
warlordd:

Onitsha is a mad city...bustling, rowdy, chaotic and dangerous with zero nightlife. Some people especially workers who cannot cope with the frenzy of activities and violence in Onitsha prefer to live in Asaba which is more peaceful while they work or earn their livelihood in Onitsha.

I thought about this but i also factored into consideration that Asaba is the capital of an oil and gas rich state with very good human capital. I also factored in the control of the media and bank industry by delta indigenes ;Zenith, UBA , Guardian, Vanguard, thisday are all Owned by deltans
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by Sirlins(m): 1:09pm On Nov 23, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Just like they have stolen all the nuts in the old bridge.. undecided
dey don't know
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2021
EH LET IT WORK WELL FOR ASABA AND ONITSHA AMEN.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by Bamzyriches451: 1:23pm On Nov 23, 2021
Make them Sha finish am make we see
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by Nedu05: 1:24pm On Nov 23, 2021
Asaba is chaotic rowdy and littered with bad roads and filthy. On the other hand Onitsha is a mega with lots of opportunities. People that go to Asaba to build is because of cheap land, because land in Onitsha expecially highbrow areas are expensive compare to Asaba. Onitsha has different hoods, some areas in Onitsha like 3-3, GRA PHASE 1,2,3, etc can compete with Ikoyi. Below are some places in Onitsha that you can mistake for Lekki. Asaba is a village compare to Onitsha. Onitsha is helping Asaba to come up.

warlordd:

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by SlimShaddy530(f): 1:29pm On Nov 23, 2021
This is good,nice development
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by neighbourhud: 2:01pm On Nov 23, 2021
kettykings:
It seems people go to Onitsha do business and relax in Asaba.

Is Onitsha helping Asaba to grow or is Asaba helping Onitsha to develop ( this doesn't seem so) Asaba is the civil service capital of an oil rich state . Business, shops and markets will be getting supplies from Onitsha

Onitsha doesn't seem to have a night life while Asaba night life is coming up.

I do that anytime I travel home. I stay in Asaba, go home (Awkuzu, Anambra State) for my assignment and go back to Asaba to sleep.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by dominique(f): 2:18pm On Nov 23, 2021
timesup234:
Clowns and brainwashed dunce. New Jersey is the dirtiest and stinky place on earth. Oh my devil when i lived in New Jersey I almost died wondering if there can be a dead place like this in so called developed country. In short only termites should live in New Jersey

Op is taking about distance between the two cities not their characteristics.

2 Likes

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by Burruchaga71(m): 3:28pm On Nov 23, 2021
Is Asaba truly the capital of Delta State?
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by fabregas04(m): 4:46pm On Nov 23, 2021
oyatz:

You people like peddling unfounded propaganda and coming online to project it as the gospel truth.

Stella Oduah wielded enormous power as the minister of Aviation under GEJ. Both could have removed any political policy that prevent the development of International Airports in the S/East.

Rotimi Amaechi has been the Minister of Transportation since 2015. The Onne port in his home State of Rivers State is functioning and even received the largest ship to berth in Nigeria.
So your repeated lies that the government of one State somewhere is the reason why your States aren't developed is just parts of the figments of your imagination in your usual display of victim mentality.
u get time to dey reply those mentally brainwashed ppl sha. just imagine d nonsense.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by fabregas04(m): 4:49pm On Nov 23, 2021
goaldynboy:
[/s]

Buhari is not the one building the bridge neither is he the one that initiated and awarded the contract!!

The American government repatriated Abacha loot and insisted the money must be used on the project as well as other specified projects!!

Get educated!!
o shey minister of education.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by Unibenfucker(m): 5:05pm On Nov 23, 2021
Nedu05:
Asaba is chaotic rowdy and littered with bad roads and filthy. On the other hand Onitsha is a mega with lots of opportunities. People that go to Asaba to build is because of cheap land, because land in Onitsha expecially highbrow areas are expensive compare to Asaba. Onitsha has different hoods, some areas in Onitsha like 3-3, GRA PHASE 1,2,3, etc can compete with Ikoyi. Below are some places in Onitsha that you can mistake for Lekki. Asaba is a village compare to Onitsha. Onitsha is helping Asaba to come up.

Try dey talk with facts . Who told you lands are cheap in Asaba
Don't say what you don't know that lands are cheap in Asaba
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by Nedu05: 5:13pm On Nov 23, 2021
Land is very cheap in Asaba compare to Onitsha, PH, Warri, etc

Unibenfucker:

Try dey talk with facts . Who told you lands are cheap in Asaba
Don't say what you don't know that lands are cheap in Asaba
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by Unibenfucker(m): 5:26pm On Nov 23, 2021
[quote author=Nedu05 post=107894436]Land is very cheap in Asaba compare to Onitsha, PH, Warri, etc

[/quote

Okay when I dey search for land for ASABA I go dey see land 100*100 dem go dey call #150million , #200 million ,50 million 100 million. So you call these cheap. I don't want to argue with you. Majority of lands 90% of lands in Asaba are already sold out. Infact boys would be selling a particular land five times. Let me tell you where you can can land cheap is ibuzor, isele asabga and okpanam. I don't classify these places as Asaba. Go to okpanam road ASABA land most lands there are from #40million. You are calling warri A friend recently bought a plot of land in warri back of shop rite #22million I was shocked. I told him if to say na back of Asaba shop rite that same land would go for Double like #40million.
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 23, 2021
Sirlins:
Hehehe I laugh in Swahili ....wait till onitsha boys steal all the knots that's when we will if it's looking like newyork own or Taraba own ��

Old Niger bridge has been existing for years they didn't steal the knots. It is actually the Almajiri boys that actually do that
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by Nedu05: 5:51pm On Nov 23, 2021
[quote author=Unibenfucker post=107894813][/quote]

It doesn't matter what you see there, the fact is that land is cheap in Asaba, compared to all those cities I mentioned
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by Unibenfucker(m): 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2021
Nedu05:

It doesn't matter what you see there, the fact is that land is cheap in Asaba, compared to all those cities I mentioned

Those places you mentioned when one can easily get lands below a price tag of #10million. 90 percent of lands in Asaba hover around within a range of 20million-100million. If you want to compare cost of land you can talk of Abuja and lagos. I'm done with the argument . Have a nice day��

Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by Nedu05: 6:20pm On Nov 23, 2021
I know about property market in Asaba. Asaba has cheap lands compared to Onitsha, PH, Warri, etc, this is a fact

Unibenfucker:

Those places you mentioned when one can easily get lands below a price tag of #10million. 90 percent of lands in Asaba hover around within a range of 20million-100million. If you want to compare cost of land you can talk of Abuja and lagos. I'm done with the argument . Have a nice day��
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by aribisala0(m): 6:21pm On Nov 23, 2021
RoyalBoutique:
Ok, for people with poor comprehension, what the OP said is that after the 2nd Niger bridge is completed, the activities in Onitsha and Asaba will merge the same way the activities in New York and New Jersey merged.

The popular George Washington bridge connects new York and New Jersey.
How did Activities "MERGE" What does "merge" mean exactly
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by MrMacinterchi1: 6:31pm On Nov 23, 2021
timesup234:
oh your devil? wonderment
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by RoyalBoutique(m): 6:35pm On Nov 23, 2021
aribisala0:
How did Activities "MERGE" What does "merge" mean exactly

Use a dictionary
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by aribisala0(m): 6:37pm On Nov 23, 2021
RoyalBoutique:

Use a dictionary
The word was used inappropriately

What we would like is for our purposes here let us agree a basic meaning and then relate this to New York an New Jersey and then

Onitsha Asaba

What "merging" is going to happen that did not happen with the existing bridge
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by Dhury: 6:41pm On Nov 23, 2021
Freebills12:
[color=#006600][/color]

Is 2nd Niger Bridge a sole achievement of Buhari's regime or an inherited... from GEJ
he would have been a better president to you if he abandoned the gej project right?
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by RoyalBoutique(m): 6:47pm On Nov 23, 2021
aribisala0:
The word was used inappropriately

What we would like is for our purposes here let us agree a basic meaning and then relate this to New York an New Jersey and then

Onitsha Asaba

What "merging" is going to happen that did not happen with the existing bridge

Like I said before, the current bridge runs through the expressway, the new bridge runs inside town.

By merging, I mean that Onitsha and asaba will be like one backyard.

Connected activities.

Do you want me to explain backyard?

Or do you want me to explain connected activities?
Re: Second Niger Bridge: Onitsha And Asaba To Become Like New York And New Jersey by aribisala0(m): 6:49pm On Nov 23, 2021
RoyalBoutique:

Like I said before, the current bridge runs through the expressway, the new bridge runs inside town.

By merging, I mean that Onitsha and asaba will be like one backyard.

Connected activities.

Do you want me to explain backyard?

Or do you want me to explain connected activities?
Everything you say makes plenty sense......................

In the four corners of your head

So New Jersey and New York are similar in what ways

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olukayode Ariwoola Born In 1958, Started School In 1959? / EFCC Confirms Chukkol As Acting Chairman / Governance: The 3 Most Unlucky States In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.