Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,076 members, 7,825,399 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls (42826 Views)

7.5% VAT On Phone CALLS, SMS - FIRS Incharge - Pantami / Free US Phone Number For Whatsapp, Calls And Text Messages / Why You Should Use Only The Left Ear To Answer Phone Calls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Arizonaz: 8:40am On Nov 24, 2021
Exjoker:
[b]Most people do switchoff their data service because it drain battery and also the data itself. [/b]You see why regular calls will still persist for a long time You will have to wait for someone to come online before calling them. Now, imagine if it is an urgent call...

But yes, WhatsApp calls are way cheaper than regular phone calls....

The only reasons why I put my phone on focus mode is when I want to complete a project.
The issue of your data draining can be solved by restricting background apps from operating.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by KillerBeauty(f): 8:41am On Nov 24, 2021
Quality20:
whatsapp r easily and even playfully hacked even by non tech guys
WhatsApp has end to end encryption which makes it very safe.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by airsaylongcome: 8:43am On Nov 24, 2021
obailala:
Please keep your voice down; these are the kind of posts that will make Buhari ban whatsapp calls very soon. The Telcos might even bribe NCC to ban VoIP calls if Buhari fails to do so. Please allow us to quietly enjoy our much clearer and cheaper whatsapp calls in peace.

Naaah. NCC won't move against VoIP calls. It's operating across loads of businesses in Nigeria (plus na him I dey take chop so make dem no ban am abeg)
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 8:43am On Nov 24, 2021
maureensylvia:

Oh no dear
Not the reason
lolz.

It is.

The same reason why girls still cling to big muscle guys for 'protection' these days like they are still in the jungle while the real 'tough' guys today are in tech.

But I know the mentality will soon wear off. There's no difference between whatsapp and regular phone calls
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by airsaylongcome: 8:44am On Nov 24, 2021
KillerBeauty:

WhatsApp has end to end encryption which makes it very safe.

You honestly think WhatsApp E2EE is safe and unbreakable? Have you heard of the NSO organization in Israel setup specifically to break into WhatsApp?
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by timstone(m): 8:46am On Nov 24, 2021
Telegram call is the best
More clearer than all of them
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by kenodrill: 8:47am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
I think it'll be more cost efficient for everyone to switch to internet calls.

They are less expensive and for the most part more stable than regular phone calls.

Internet calls of 30 minutes cost less than N50 while video calls of the same length cost less than N100.

Regular phone calls cost twice as much. For N100 you might not think much about it but instead of spending N1k you are spending N2k and instead of N10k recharge, you are spending N20k on the average.

Internet calls not only is cheaper but will solve the problem of double recharge. Nowadays we spend more to buy data. After that, we still recharge for regular airtime to use for phone calls.

Internet calls cuts that cost by almost 90%.

I think it's better if we can adopt this as a trend and use regular phone calls for emergencies.

Whatsapp calls are not always clear due to unstable network.

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by obailala(m): 8:47am On Nov 24, 2021
Etuagievin:
WhatsApp call is not as efficient and smooth like signal call. When you call with signal it's like the receiver is physically with you , talking right into Ur ears. The response/ feedback is swift.
As long as you have a good internet network, Whatsapp calls are actually far far clearer than mobile calls. To enjoy the best network though, you may need to have a 4g phone, a 4g sim card (most people still use their older 2g simcards which means they cant enjoy the faster 3g or 4g network speeds provided by their network providers).
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Viridis(m): 8:49am On Nov 24, 2021
cooooooks:
Umm, I highly doubt it. The great thing about WhatsApp is that it's encrypted.

I don't even think the FBI can back it.
Don't mind silly people that always boast of being able to hack. They think say hacking nah beans. What they do is take somebody's Whatsapp and scan the QR code and then start boasting they are hackers same with awon fb hackers

1 Like

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 8:50am On Nov 24, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Yup. I'm not on Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Google. I pay anonymously for my email service provider, a Company in Switzerland. My phone is completely degoogled. So yes a lot of us care about Privacy and Anonymity
lolz.

You probably live in paranoia.

I can guess you also don't have any apps on your phone as well. The only way you don't give out data is to not be born in the 21st century.

Otherwise you are always roped in. But data for marketing is not personal. In fact, your name and ID is useless to Google.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by zwalda(m): 8:51am On Nov 24, 2021
Telegram calls are encrypted
Quality20:
whatsapp r easily and even playfully hacked even by non tech guys
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by rajiedreez: 8:52am On Nov 24, 2021
dvkot:
that's false whatsapp hs a clearer quality
try Facebook call first na. I've tried both severely when I was still on Facebook like 3 years ago. Till now that I don't use Facebook sef, I still don't enjoy the sound quality on WhatsApp call
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Kobicove(m): 8:53am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
stop lying

What he said is true, regular calls are clearer with usually fewer dropped calls
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Mckandre(m): 8:53am On Nov 24, 2021
KiNg0G:
You can't compare whatsapp call with normal phone call.

The delivery is different.
The audio clearity Is different
even the audio latency, that one dey scatter brain
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by obailala(m): 8:53am On Nov 24, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Naaah. NCC won't move against VoIP calls. It's operating across loads of businesses in Nigeria (plus na him I dey take chop so make dem no ban am abeg)
Lol... whoever believed they could ban twitter in NigeriA? Now it's even a forgotten issue; many people have even dumped VPNs and just abandoned twitter altogether. UAE banned whatsapp calls some years ago, you cant make whatsapp calls in dubai. I no trust Nigerian govt,; all it would take is for telcos to bribe people in govt and boom! We would have to start using VPNs to make whatsapp calls grin
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by airsaylongcome: 8:54am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
lolz.

You probably live in paranoia.

I can guess you also don't have any apps on your phone as well. The only way you don't give out data is to not be born in the 21st century.

Otherwise you are always roped in. But data for marketing is not personal. In fact, your name and ID is useless to Google.

Nope. I don't live in Paranoia. I want to control what is out there about me. In fact in some places I purposely leave incorrect data (called data doping) so I know where people are trying to do an OSINT on me. Data marketing using personal Data isn't my worry. It's people doing targeted attacks stealing your personal data to impersonate you for pecuniary gains. I laugh so hard when I see people populate their Insta and Facebook with all manner of personal stuff and accomplishments. Easy pickings

And yes I do not have many apps. I access my necessary apps using Tails OS
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by maureensylvia(f): 8:56am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
lolz.

It is.

The same reason why girls still cling to big muscle guys for 'protection' these days like they are still in the jungle while the real 'tough' guys today are in tech.

But I know the mentality will soon wear off. There's no difference between whatsapp and regular phone calls

Lol
Issoryt cheesy
Have a great day
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by airsaylongcome: 8:57am On Nov 24, 2021
obailala:
Lol... whoever believed they could ban twitter in NigeriA? Now it's even a forgotten issue; many people have even dumped VPNs and just abandoned twitter altogether. UAE banned whatsapp calls some years ago, you cant make whatsapp calls in dubai. I no trust Nigerian govt,; all it would take is for telcos to bribe people in govt and boom! We would have to start using VPNs to make whatsapp calls grin

That UAE own na hin loud pass. You absolutely CANNOT use VoIP there. Had a client that needed one clandestinely installed there. We had to be discussing how to illegally smuggle GSM VoIP gateways to route VOIP.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Ikpeabujo(m): 8:58am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
stop lying
what do you mean that he is lying.....you are clueless one here and the very lair here. there is no way you can compare whatsapp call or normal call
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by chival(f): 9:04am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
I think it'll be more cost efficient for everyone to switch to internet calls.

They are less expensive and for the most part more stable than regular phone calls.

Internet calls of 30 minutes cost less than N50 while video calls of the same length cost less than N100.

Regular phone calls cost twice as much. For N100 you might not think much about it but instead of spending N1k you are spending N2k and instead of N10k recharge, you are spending N20k on the average.

Internet calls not only is cheaper but will solve the problem of double recharge. Nowadays we spend more to buy data. After that, we still recharge for regular airtime to use for phone calls.

Internet calls cuts that cost by almost 90%.

I think it's better if we can adopt this as a trend and use regular phone calls for emergencies.
Internet calls are definitely cheaper. However, they have their downsides especially here in Nigeria, the biggest being the quality of service. Because of slow Internet speeds, the calls sometimes lack clarity and in most cases, there's a delay that I find frustrating. At the moment, I use WhatsApp for lengthy calls.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 9:04am On Nov 24, 2021
Ikpeabujo:
what do you mean that he is lying.....you are clueless one here and the very lair here. there is no way you can compare whatsapp call or normal call
go siddon abeg
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by obailala(m): 9:06am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
grin grin

But It's so sad to see many people clinging to the old ways of doing things even if it's killing them financially
Well, a lot of people (even on this thread) believe mobile calls are clearer; if only they knew that their problem was their network. All mobile networks in Nigeria now have 4G data services but many people still have the older 2g sim cards (and some even use 2g phones).
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Musaspp(m): 9:07am On Nov 24, 2021
Good information! But basically for those with smart phone.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by just2endowed: 9:07am On Nov 24, 2021
There are some people that think WhatsApp call is for a broke person... They won't pick, until you call them on regular call.

I remember an ex that told me not to call/video call her on WhatsApp again, that she won't pick until I make normal call.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Iamthoney(m): 9:07am On Nov 24, 2021
MufasaLion:
WhatsApp call is very good! Smooth talk and affordable! Oh, it's encrypted also. There are many conversations that I dare not have on normal call because it might be recorded.
And you think your WhatsApp call can’t be recorded?
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by JimmyBishop: 9:08am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:

There are also people in rural areas who don't have phones, does that stop you from using a phone?

There are people without food, does that stop you from eating food every day?

Some of you are really educated illiterate.
On point!

Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 9:09am On Nov 24, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Nope. I don't live in Paranoia. I want to control what is out there about me. In fact in some places I purposely leave incorrect data (called data doping) so I know where people are trying to do an OSINT on me. Data marketing using personal Data isn't my worry. It's people doing targeted attacks stealing your personal data to impersonate you for pecuniary gains. I laugh so hard when I see people populate their Insta and Facebook with all manner of personal stuff and accomplishments. Easy pickings

And yes I do not have many apps. I access my necessary apps using Tails OS
*roll eyes*

2nd Joe Biden you are. Unfortunately, no one is interested enough to waste data looking for you or that have never occurred to you?
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by TemmyT002(m): 9:10am On Nov 24, 2021
Most of the people no dey get 'big phone'. Even if they have, they no dey get data.
Sighs
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by freemi(m): 9:14am On Nov 24, 2021
Nkem96:
What about those wey nor get smartphone? Make we use Bluetooth call dem?
this threat is trisctly for smartphone users. If u dnt have one step aside pls
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by Crystalom3(m): 9:15am On Nov 24, 2021
obailala:
Well, a lot of people (even on this thread) believe mobile calls are clearer; if only they knew that their problem was their network. All mobile networks in Nigeria now have 4G data services but many people still have the older 2g sim cards (and some even use 2g phones).
I'm amazed sir.

Everyone blaming whatsapp instead of the network providers.
Re: We Should All Be Making Whatsapp Calls Instead Of Regular Phone Calls by emae009(m): 9:16am On Nov 24, 2021
Crystalom3:
maybe I didn't state this clearly: internet voice call of 17 minutes cost 5mb. Both parties together will spend roughly N20, with each person paying N10.

Using the lowest call rate of 11k per second on a regular phone call, the caller will spend about N112.

That's almost 90% more expensive. I hope you get the picture now sha.

That's like buying airtime of N10k for the same value of N1k.

what I've noticed is that your phone data counter and your service provider's aren't always the same. that 5MB Airtel rate it as double or close to double. Don't know for other networks tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Experience Using New Age Power Bank / Nigeria Has ‘Most Expensive’ Internet Globally, Surfshark Press Study / Telegram Throws Subtle Shade At Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.