Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? (4894 Views)

What Are The Most Useless Courses In Nigeria? / What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? / What Is The Most Useless Subject You Studied In Your Undergraduate Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by Enskynelson(m): 12:50pm On Nov 24, 2021
Yes! What is the most useless certificate in Nigeria right now in the educational system? For me, the most useless certificate right now goes to Junior Secondary School Certificate AKA Junior WAEC. I wrote mine many years and have not collected the certificate because I see no need for it. Even the Primary School Cert was the lowest educational qualification for becoming the President of Nigeria until the last amendment.
What is your opinion? What is the use of Junior WAEC? What is the most useless certificate in Nigeria Educational System right now?

2 Likes

Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by TundeWX: 12:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
University degree....its until u leave the shores of this country u realise how worthless it is.....lest I forget,the average gala hawker earns more than the average degree holder in the present clime

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by Enskynelson(m): 12:55pm On Nov 24, 2021
TundeWX:
University degree....its until u leave the shores of this country u realise how worthless it is.....lest I forget,the average gala hawker earns more than the average degree holder in the present clime

But some University Degrees are valued outside. Our Doctors are doing well... OurIT guys too.

4 Likes

Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by TundeWX: 12:59pm On Nov 24, 2021
Enskynelson:

But some University Degrees are not valued outside. Our Doctors are doing well... OurIT guys too.
Yea..our MBBS is just the primary qualification required...to move up the ladder there u need to enroll in many of there own certified programs
And bear in mind that MBBS took 6-8yrs of someone life to obtain.

One thing abt IT is its strictly by skill or know-how,not by degree...u can see a skilled developer that can hack the backend of a website with jus SSCE cert

4 Likes

Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by Enskynelson(m): 1:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
TundeWX:

Yea..our MBBS is just the primary qualification required...to move up the ladder there u need to enroll in many of there own certified programs

One thing abt IT is its strictly by skill or know-how,not by degree...u can see a skilled developer that can hack the backend of a website with jus SSCE cert
Quite true.
Is the Junior WAEC Cert of any use?

2 Likes

Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by TundeWX: 1:11pm On Nov 24, 2021
Enskynelson:

Quite true.
Is the Junior WAEC Cert of any use?

U see that one ehhn cheesy ,lemme jus keep shut
Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by Rickmann: 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2021
Enskynelson:
Yes! What is the most useless in Nigeria right now in the educational system? For me, the most useless certificate right now goes to Junior Secondary School Certificate AKA Junior WAEC. I wrote mine many years and have not collected the certificate because I see no need for it. Even the Primary School Cert was the lowest educational qualification for becoming the President of Nigeria until the last amendment.
What is your opinion? What is the use of Junior WAEC? What is the most useless certificate in Nigeria Educational System right now?

Aren't we all governed by illiterates Bro, as much as I know, none is useful, they are all useless. As far as Nigeria is concerned, you can be wherever you want to be the moment opportunity presents itself.

Also in Nigeria, since certificates is a yardstick for getting almost any type of Job, ranging from O level to Ph.D, you still won't get it even if you are qualified? So it's all useless in the end.

1 Like

Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by Enskynelson(m): 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2021
Rickmann:

You can be wherever you want to be the moment opportunity presents itself.
Confirm.
But I have not seen opportunities for Junior WAEC. Have u seen or heard of any? What is the point wasting the money for the registration?
Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by Rickmann: 1:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
Enskynelson:

Confirm.
But I have not seen opportunities for Junior WAEC. Have u seen or heard of any? What is the point wasting the money for the registration?

grin
Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by Shukusheka(m): 4:49pm On Nov 24, 2021
TundeWX:
This ignorant beer parlour talk that should only be heard amongst illiterates, a graduate like you is joining them to parrot it about. What is the use of your education?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by TundeWX: 4:59pm On Nov 24, 2021
Shukusheka:
This ignorant beer parlour talk that should only be heard amongst illiterates, a graduate like you is joining them to parrot it about. What is the use of your education?
Maybe its ur "bogus education" that blinded you to the part where I emphasised "in this present clime" and the context of the discussion.
Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Nov 24, 2021
Assuming I know then
I would have used d money to buy things for my self

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by Shukusheka(m): 6:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
TundeWX:

Maybe its ur "bogus education" that blinded you to the part where I emphasised "in this present clime" and the context of the discussion.
Present clime oh, past clime oh it is still rubbish talk.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by cayorday89(m): 8:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
Enskynelson:

Confirm.
Junior WAEC is actually not WAEC as we popularly called it, it is an examination conducted under the State Government Education Board of each state in Nigeria. And it is written to get promotion to Senior Secondary Schools owned by the state government and nothing else. My only guess as to why it is written by private schools is for two purposes which are for the students to have a feel of external examination and also for those who will be crossing over to SSS in the state government schools.

I remembered many years ago during my time, the government schools SSS 1 students who were friends and neighbors did not resume till results were released then.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by mytime24(f): 9:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
Nawa
Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by RealAdewole(m): 11:52pm On Nov 24, 2021
mytime24:
Nawa
out of 24 can you have time for me like this?
Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by revived: 12:11am On Nov 25, 2021
TundeWX:

No lies
Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by WoundedLamb: 12:58am On Nov 25, 2021
TundeWX:

Interesting.

Likewise, if a foreign trained doctor (regardless of the country) wants to practice in Nigeria, they'd need to pass some Nigerian exams as well. That's the standard in most countries. As for IT; yes, it's skill based but many Nigerians got into that field by studying Computer Science or Engineering. The school might not have given them all the skills they need to thrive in the IT world but the degree was an eye opener for them; it gave them the foundation. Many people have moved to Canada and France with their French language degrees. A lot of people from that same Nigeria are working as professionals outside the country with thier Nigerian degrees.

My point is, individual experiences differ. Your university degree might not be useful to you (not necessarily your fault), but that doesn't make universities degrees generally useless. It gives some people the foundation to build on. The issue is when you expect that having one should automatically make life easier for you. Well, that's not the case even in the Western world. While Schools in the West are obviously far better than what you have in Nigeria, the students still succeed by self development. The schools mostly provide the enabling environment for them.

I know education is not so great in Nigeria, but those who couldn't make anything out of the little the system can offer should not discourage those who are willing to give it a go. A hungry man does not reject a plate of food cause it's not big enough to satisfy him. Unless you have plans of studying abroad, it would be shameful not to strive for a degree on the grounds that it's not good enough.

Just an opinion.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by Ekpekus(m): 2:38am On Nov 25, 2021
TundeWX:
University degree is a door opener to world of possibilities... you see that abroad so, University certifications helps as it is platform to launch.

1 Like

Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by Greenvaiper: 3:21am On Nov 25, 2021
Useless thread and dumb O.P
Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by juniorstar(m): 4:29am On Nov 25, 2021
Enskynelson:
Yes! What is the most useless in Nigeria right now in the educational system? For me, the most useless certificate right now goes to Junior Secondary School Certificate AKA Junior WAEC. I wrote mine many years and have not collected the certificate because I see no need for it. Even the Primary School Cert was the lowest educational qualification for becoming the President of Nigeria until the last amendment.
The end justifies the means...you need one to get the next one..
Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by femi4: 5:21am On Nov 25, 2021
Enskynelson:
In my days, junior WAEC didn't have certificate. Waec is a rip off
Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by studentwriter(m): 7:20am On Nov 25, 2021
Enskynelson:
if I become the next minister of education. I'll scrap junior waec. It's as Useless as the p while pronouncing psychology
Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by Gadafii: 8:01am On Nov 25, 2021
Nysc is useless
Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by victooman: 8:47am On Nov 25, 2021
TundeWX:
can you give us a lay out statistics or numbers of gala sellers making money than degree holders? give us your research? speak with fact dont blab like a fool.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by Someodds: 8:49am On Nov 25, 2021
Greenvaiper:

Useless thread and dumb O.P

You're the dumb and useless here. You should have shut up and move mugu.
Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 25, 2021
Enskynelson:

Junior WAEC is used to judge whether you would be suitable for a career in the sciences, arts, commerce, or social sciences.

Allow me to explain

From SS1, you begin to think of the subject you would read in university, and the scores you get in Junior WAEC and your continuous assessment throughout JSS would help your guidance counsellor, teachers, and even parents and you decide whether you would be a science, arts, commercial or social science student in Senior secondary level...and by extension determine your subject choices at WASSCE and JAMB level and by extension, what you will do at university.

Also if you are transferring to SS1 in a new school, your junior WAEC scores helps the new school place you academically...

In brief, your Junior WAEC is the first step of your university entrance exams.

1 Like

Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by TundeWX: 9:08am On Nov 25, 2021
victooman:
can you give us a lay out statistics or numbers of gala sellers making money than degree holders? give us your research? speak with fact dont blab like a fool.
Lol..send me a DM,maybe this "blabbering fool" can fix you in the organisation the "blabbering fool" is attached in abuja,so u can quit asking fr jobs all over NL
Re: The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? by studentwriter(m): 9:55am On Nov 25, 2021
Ekpekus:

University degree is a door opener to world of possibilities... you see that abroad so, University certifications helps as it is platform to launch.
that TundeWX you're quoting is a drop out without a university degree.
learn to ignore useless people

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anaconda In Unizik? / GEJ, Apple Corp, And Building New Universities / Kogi State Polytechnic 2016/2017 Provisional Admission List Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.