Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? (24888 Views)

What Are The Most Useless Courses In Nigeria? / The Most Useless Certificate In Nigeria? / What Is The Most Useless Subject You Studied In Your Undergraduate Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by essentialone(m): 11:21pm On Aug 15, 2023
What is the most useless certificate you have ever gotten?

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by omonighoblessing(f): 1:21am On Aug 16, 2023
Junior waec

338 Likes 21 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by MySexyMoni(f): 2:45am On Aug 16, 2023
Some would say Marriage certificate

55 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by MrsTwrite(f): 3:37am On Aug 16, 2023
Junior waec bro! It's very useless to the core!

Hey people! Do well to check my signature! I take God beg you!๐Ÿ˜‚

52 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by essentialone(m): 6:44am On Aug 16, 2023
Mine is Junior WAEC

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by squash47(m): 7:02am On Aug 16, 2023
Mine is one seminar I paid N500 to attend. Till now I don't know the usefulness of that certificate.

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by pendusky(m): 7:21am On Aug 16, 2023
squash47:
Mine is one seminar I paid N500 to attend. Till now I don't know the usefulness of that certificate.

It takes 15years for certificate to be useful. Keep it.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by squash47(m): 8:06am On Aug 16, 2023
pendusky:

It takes 15years for certificate to be useful. Keep it.
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ that certificate will never be useful. I had it in 2016 when I was in 100 level, one lawyer and his crew posing as human rights activists, used it to inspire self confidence in us. Telling us to present it anytime police arrests or harrases us. ๐Ÿ˜‚
Now, u be the judge, will the certificate ever be useful?

243 Likes 15 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by BigYash: 8:11am On Aug 16, 2023
squash47:
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ that certificate will never be useful. I had it in 2016 when I was in 100 level, one lawyer and his crew posing as human rights activists, used it to inspire self confidence in us. Telling us to present it anytime police arrests or harrases us. ๐Ÿ˜‚
@ the bolded. The way police go beat you,beat the certificate join en. grin

274 Likes 21 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by squash47(m): 8:18am On Aug 16, 2023
BigYash:
@ the bolded. The way police go beat you,beat the certificate join en. grin
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ that time I come dey proud of myself for a wise investment. Cos that was when SARS was hot. But as I grew older I realized, I have been scammed ๐Ÿ˜Œ my N500 has been exchanged with a piece of paper with no reasonable details printed on it.

117 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by BigYash: 8:19am On Aug 16, 2023
squash47:
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ at time I come dey proud of myself for a wise investment. Cos that was when SARS was hot. But as I grew older I realized, I have been scammed ๐Ÿ˜Œ my N500 has been exchanged with a piece of paper with no reasonable details printed on it.
grin

23 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by BigDawsNet: 8:50am On Aug 16, 2023
Should be junior waec

I got another certificate in Sleep deprivation.. I'm not sure why I completed the course till dat...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Buharidgeneral: 8:52am On Aug 16, 2023
Which one dey useful before abeg na all

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by SETHARTHUR(m): 8:54am On Aug 16, 2023
Emmanuel akpe students should come forward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by deltaF0SS: 9:13am On Aug 16, 2023
cheesy cheesy
squash47:

In my 100L we had same goons, posing as UN ambassadors
spent 1k (+2h 4 certificate)

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by rottable(m): 9:22am On Aug 16, 2023
During my service year, I received an NCCF certificate, still not sure what to do with the certificate because I don't intend to be a Pastor. smiley

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by NwaliE01: 9:25am On Aug 16, 2023
squash47:
This got me cracking ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜ญ

26 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by squash47(m): 9:37am On Aug 16, 2023
deltaF0SS:
cheesy cheesy

In my 100L we had same goons, posing as UN ambassadors
spent 1k (+2h 4 certificate)
lol. They cashed out on our ignorance. Funny enough, you will never see final Year students attending such programmes. They will just hiss and pass.

38 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by specialmati(m): 10:27am On Aug 16, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin APC membership certificate

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by seyicodes(m): 10:28am On Aug 16, 2023
๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Oyindamolah: 10:28am On Aug 16, 2023
NIM
Our MBBS is just the primary qualification required...to move up the ladder there you need to enroll in many of their own certified programs.
And bear in mind that MBBS took 6-8yrs of someone life to obtain.

One thing about IT is its strictly by skill or know-how, not by degree. You can see a skilled developer that can hack the backend of a website with just SSCE cert.

Interestingly.

Likewise, if a foreign trained doctor (regardless of the country) wants to practice in Nigeria, they'd need to pass some Nigerian exams as well. That's the standard in most countries. As for IT; yes, it's skill based but many Nigerians got into that field by studying Computer Science or Engineering. The school might not have given them all the skills they need to thrive in the IT world but the degree was an eye opener for them; it gave them the foundation. Many people have moved to Canada and France with their French language degrees. A lot of people from that same Nigeria are working as professionals outside the country with thier Nigerian degrees.

My point is, individual experiences differ. Your university degree might not be useful to you (not necessarily your fault), but that doesn't make universities degrees generally useless. It gives some people the foundation to build on. The issue is when you expect that having one should automatically make life easier for you. Well, that's not the case even in the Western world. While Schools in the West are obviously far better than what you have in Nigeria, the students still succeed by self development. The schools mostly provide the enabling environment for them.

I know education is not so great in Nigeria, but those who couldn't make anything out of the little the system can offer should not discourage those who are willing to give it a go. A hungry man does not reject a plate of food cause it's not big enough to satisfy him. Unless you have plans of studying abroad, it would be shameful not to strive for a degree on the grounds that it's not good enough.

Just an opinion.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 16, 2023
I don't think any cert is utterly useless, as one needs one cert to get another.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Vinnie2000(m): 10:28am On Aug 16, 2023
Is there anything like a Useless Certificate? ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿ˜’

Well, I remember when I won an AKPU competition in 2012. smiley

I Finished 17 Akpus with Hot Ogbonor soup, under 4mins. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Ž

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by guysbewise: 10:28am On Aug 16, 2023
cheesy
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by fedorahat: 10:29am On Aug 16, 2023
grin
Certificate of training on how to build fuelless generator

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Skillsnigeria: 10:29am On Aug 16, 2023
Hmmm
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by AZControversial(m): 10:29am On Aug 16, 2023
smiley

I won't blame those saying junior waec.....

I blame junior waec for not falling their hands.....

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by JONSYN7154: 10:29am On Aug 16, 2023
INEC & APC Certificate

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by DirtyGold: 10:29am On Aug 16, 2023
Many... too many Nigerians have acquired legit certificates that are now useless.
How can you spend years acquiring BSc, MSc only to end up as online wig sellers, makeup artist, doing POS business and other petty hustles?

Education is NOT a scam though

Nigeria needs urgent surgery!

What's tha business?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Ekakamba: 10:29am On Aug 16, 2023
grin
Re: What Is The Most Useless Certificate You Have Ever Gotten? by Modsarefools(f): 10:29am On Aug 16, 2023
Naija degree mah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2019 UTME: JAMB Stops Use Of Cyber Cafes For Registration Of Candidates / Ministry Of Education Considering Adding An Extra Year To University Studies / Almajiri pupils taking Lessons on a drainage in Northern Nigeria(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.