Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,125 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers, Insist On Justice - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers, Insist On Justice (26363 Views)

Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers Over Alleged Neglect / Niger Delta Militants Blow Conoil Facility Up In Bayelsa / Plateau: Niger Delta Militants Blow Hot, Reveal What’ll Happen In 21 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers, Insist On Justice by lexy2014: 9:58am On Nov 25, 2021
sulaak:

As of now it doesn't matter, 65 years of oil exploitation has delivered nothing but poverty and pollution across the country, it is about time the Nigerian government and their IOC partners start real compensation and investment in that region. Enough of this federal owned NDDC or OML rent programme with prominent Nigerian elites.

How can a country blessed with 40 billion of oil reserves and the 9th largest gal reserve have one of the lowest electricity coverage in the world and has to import refined oil from countries that don't have oil reserves?

U haven't answered the question:

Is this latest attack a demand for oil companies to pay the $62b in question?

1 Like

Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers, Insist On Justice by Skmoda360(m): 11:00am On Nov 25, 2021
UncleKoboko:
Good.

Let everything just blow up and we share this zoo.

I'm tired of sharing a country with this fool ani fools.

No constant electricity in place.
No functional refineries in place,

YET THIS OLD FOOLS WANT TO REMOVE FUEL SUBSIDY SO THAT FUEL WILL BE 340 PER LITER.

IT WILL NEVER BE WELL WITH BUHARÎ
Amen
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers, Insist On Justice by DitariDisciple2: 11:41am On Nov 25, 2021
2elliot:
Gbaun

Your type should be given to Isiala Ngwa people to be used as meat.
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers, Insist On Justice by DitariDisciple2: 11:43am On Nov 25, 2021
2elliot:
Gbaun
Your type should be given to isiala Ngwa people to use as meat.
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers, Insist On Justice by DitariDisciple2: 11:47am On Nov 25, 2021
Malawian:
There is no Ijaw anywhere in Rivers State.
Your foolishness ends here.
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers, Insist On Justice by Malawian(m): 12:46pm On Nov 25, 2021
DitariDisciple2:

Your foolishness ends here.
Your General Ditari ends in your imagination alone.
Tell him to manifest physically and watch him turned into the next "Government Ekpemupolo.
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers, Insist On Justice by bigcasava1(m): 1:03pm On Nov 25, 2021
smartasuen:

I thought the news gave Rivers not Bayelsa
what's the difference are they brothers with the same terrains
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers, Insist On Justice by sulaak(m): 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2021
lexy2014:

U haven't answered the question:

Is this latest attack a demand for oil companies to pay the $62b in question?

I have answered the question. The attack has historical injustice and exploitation to that region. Only myopic people will stability and peace in a region equally blessed with oil wealth, bad governance and poverty.
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers, Insist On Justice by sulaak(m): 1:51pm On Nov 25, 2021
obynzo:
I think it is high time people realise that blowing up pipelines/ oil facilities will have a boomerang effect on them rather than addressing whatever needs of the community. One it not only does it degrade the environment but again it erodes investor confidence in the industry. is it no wonder that they are divesting their assets in Nigeria and are weary of even financing new projects? Now Angola and Mozambique are prime destinations in Africa for oil investment because of stability. Again these guys should note that the primary responsibility of government at all tiers is to provide basic amenities. why are they not harassing their local government officials/state goverment officials and suing federal government? The oil company can only provide some amenities as part of the CSR to their operating areas. But any policy direction towards catering for the oil producing areas should come from the government

You are writing from the conform of a city, where government exist, in those rural areas, there is no governance or amenities to support a growing population.

The Nigeria rural development government have failed, any oil companies that want to invest and exploit Nigeria oil reserves must be prepared to invest in social amenities and jobs or leave. We are all witness to the Islamic insurgencies in North Mozambique or Cabina in Angola

After 65 years of oil exploration, extraction and processing what has those communities and Nigeria got to show for it. What is shaping up is violence and civil disobedience across the Niger-delta, it is long overdue.

I watch in horror at the Aiteo oil spillage, in any civilised country oil companies Aiteo and Shell will be required to stop the spillage immediately and they will be immediately sanctioned, in Nigeria, the petroleum minister is just visiting the location after three weeks! This is the state of leadership in Nigeria.
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers, Insist On Justice by smartasuen(m): 2:17pm On Nov 25, 2021
bigcasava1:
what's the difference are they brothers with the same terrains

Who told you so Sir?
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers, Insist On Justice by lexy2014: 2:43pm On Nov 25, 2021
sulaak:

I have answered the question. The attack has historical injustice and exploitation to that region. Only myopic people will stability and peace in a region equally blessed with oil wealth, bad governance and poverty.

At all bro.

Is this latest attack a demand for oil companies to pay the $62b in question? Yes or no
Re: Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers, Insist On Justice by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 25, 2021
sulaak:

You are writing from the conform of a city, where government exist, in those rural areas, there is no governance or amenities to support a growing population.

The Nigeria rural development government have failed, any oil companies that want to invest and exploit Nigeria oil reserves must be prepared to invest in social amenities and jobs or leave. We are all witness to the Islamic insurgencies in North Mozambique or Cabina in Angola

After 65 years of oil exploration, extraction and processing what has those communities and Nigeria got to show for it. What is shaping up is violence and civil disobedience across the Niger-delta, it is long overdue.

I watch in horror at the Aiteo oil spillage, in any civilised country oil companies Aiteo and Shell will be required to stop the spillage immediately and they will be immediately sanctioned, in Nigeria, the petroleum minister is just visiting the location after three weeks! This is the state of leadership in Nigeria.

My brother this is very sad. Things need to change, we need to hold the so called local government and Government officials as a whole

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: 3 APC Governors Drag Emefele To Supreme Court Over Naira Redesign / Court Orders Army To Suspend Execution On Convicted Soldiers / I Will Expose Anybody That Offers Me, Other Senators ‘ghana Must Go’ — Ben Bruce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.