Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,670 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Is Love At First Sight Really Love? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Love At First Sight Really Love? (11614 Views)

Love At Oyo COVID-19 Isolation Centre: Discharged Lady Goes Home With Soldier / Is Love At First Sight Really Love Or Lust? / "It Wasn't Love At First Sight": Pretty Lady As She Shares Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by Nonexisting: 12:08pm On Nov 25, 2021
Love and relationship matter? Mtchew, I'm out of here.

Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by EmekaBlue(m): 12:08pm On Nov 25, 2021
Love died long time ago

It's now Money
Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by Oloniyan(m): 12:08pm On Nov 25, 2021
Yeah and I am Married to her
Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by Mrtaye: 12:08pm On Nov 25, 2021
That was in the olden days not in this social media/internet era that has brought about so many temptations and distractions

1 Like

Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by NaijaHelper1(m): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
Yea
Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by SeriouslySense(m): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
No it's not love, it's just attraction, love grows, love is not automatic.

2 Likes

Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by EmekaBlue(m): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
Mrtaye:
That was in the olden days not in this social media/internet era that has brought about so many temptations and distractions
Gbam 100%
Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by Kingzrocky: 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
There's nothing like love.
That word is sham and one big illusion.

The earlier you break free, the better for your mental well-being.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2021
Observing...
Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by jarvis4: 12:10pm On Nov 25, 2021
KiNg0G:
Love is an illusion.

A figments of one imaginations.

It's can't be real, since you can't touch it... but claim to feel it.

Just like GOD, DOUBT,FEAR, PAIN.
but I dey feel, touch my own love... I dey even de press am now
Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by doneem(m): 12:10pm On Nov 25, 2021
It exists. Many don't believe in it and that's their problem.

1 Like

Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 25, 2021
“Love at first sight”

If you know how many people life this thing don mess up ehn.. you won’t even imagine it.

1 Like

Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by jadyclem(m): 12:11pm On Nov 25, 2021
You can be attracted to someone at first sight, but you can hardly love who you don't know

1 Like

Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by iLoveYouToo(m): 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2021
yanabasee2:
Only adolescent fall in love at first sight.....

Nobody falls in love seeing a woman for the first time... Because, she has her wahala and you just have to evaluate her first before stepping into her life...

Define love sir. Once you have deep affection for someone or something, that’s love. It’s only mumu people that have complicated the word.
Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by Igbudu1: 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2021
kiss
Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by Fiscus105(m): 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2021
It's lust......I mean infatuation, it's takes more than sex appeal or money in the pocket to proof love to ur partners.

........but in this part of the world, that is our only criterion.
Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by cyborg44: 12:14pm On Nov 25, 2021
There is no true love that is at first sight. You don't know the person's flaws. Most love at first sight are just mere infatuation. True love must be a choice. You just choose to love someone and everything about the person whether good or bad.

3 Likes

Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by jaxxy(m): 12:14pm On Nov 25, 2021
No!!! There is nothing like love at 1st sight in the real sense of it. Attraction, lust, infatuation or connection at 1st sight is more realistic.

Love is a deeper feeling based on sufficient knowledge of who u admire.

2 Likes

Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by pickatyouu: 12:15pm On Nov 25, 2021
Lust/infatuation.
Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by Solofresh2: 12:16pm On Nov 25, 2021
binarymachine:
Come to think, how did I even meet you? First time I met you, the world seemed not to exist, nothing else matters with just the two of us in the cosmos. The world can move as fast as it wants, or it can wait, it is no concern of mine, so long as I have you beside me.

Everything seems to revolve around this person, you dream about them, in the day your thoughts are filled with them. Even when you are alone, you just laugh by yourself when you remember their face or something loving about them. And yes the mushy feelings that comes with love are the most beautiful; that butterfly that flutters in your stomach when you see the one your heart loves and of course your heart does multiple backflips when you just look at the person and you cannot just help it but to thank God for gifting you with this wonderful person of a human. And because you have this person’s love, you consider yourself the most lucky individual on earth.

The relationship progresses after the confession of feelings and profession of love and one day, you wake up from the bed, or halt midway while dicing an onion in the kitchen, and look up to your partner and then ask the question “how did I meet you anyway?”.

This is really funny, because it is legit and real. One minute we are head over heels with someone. The next minute, we cannot wait to have them out of our hair. They become the most annoying individual on earth. If you are in a relationship already you will find this is true. I mean, maybe before you were her knight in shining armour and she was the damsel in distress, but now she is a fierce woman and does not really need your help as she once did. And that seems to irk you a lot.

See, we tend to fall for the perfect image or character of the person we love. There is this ideal picture we have painted as a result of love, we have carved them out and placed them on the epicentre of our minds. We think the person to be flawless; this comes with emotional love though, it tends to blind us and impede our reasoning even though there are glaring evidences right in front of us.

So we go on and love that character in our heads, forgetting they are humans like us and then one day we wake up, viola!! The scales fallen from our eyes, our feet has touched earth again. We are jerked back to reality and then when we look at the love of our lives, we begin to ask ourselves “how on God’s green earth did I even choose this person?”

“Why?” Because we are back to reasoning, we now realise that the breath of the love of our lives, doesn’t smell like strawberries anymore or roses in bloom, rather they stink like that of a goat. We find that their snore even makes us wake up at night to ask them what is happening. We look at them and we are shocked. We do not know what is happening, how we met this person, how to remedy the situation or cope with the changes; Relax, it happens.

If you see getting into a relationship or you want to let yourself love, you can do yourself a favor by letting go of image of a perfect person in order not to be disappointed. I mean getting to know someone and adjusting to that person and their way of life is one hell of a work, but then, you do not want to sit down to cross off all you had on your list about your ideal person.

It is okay to have an idea of the kind of person you want, but what is not okay is you thinking that the ideal man or woman will be prince or princess chamming; and I mean charming in all sense of the word.

By now it should be no news to you that no one is perfect. Everyone is flawed one way or the other. Everyone has that streak which is going to be annoying to you. If you are looking to get a perfect partner, you are not going to see one. In fact, you will have to wait your whole lifetime to get one, and yet you will not see any; I kid you not. So in order not to get disappointed or box yourself in the corner, let go of those perfect pictures in your head, l’ve and love.

Now, this is not going to stop the surprises from popping up in your relationship. It is not going to stop your partner from farting and telling you they have lactose intolerance. Rather, it will make you look up at them and ask “how did I meet you anyway”, and they will shrug, and you will look into their eyes and realize how fortunate you are to have them in your life while you both laugh at each other, indeed, love happens at first sight.
Source:
https://flipmemes.com/2021/10/30/is-love-at-first-sight-really-love/
You can't love someone at first sight.You can only be attracted to them.
For you to love someone, you must have known the person well, their flaws and their behavior and it will be hard for you to let go of them even with their flaws and bad character

2 Likes

Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by Sannioluwatobi1: 12:16pm On Nov 25, 2021
Infatuation wink
Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by AbijaJ: 12:18pm On Nov 25, 2021
There's nothing like 'love at first sight'. The only kind love wey sure pass na the kind one wey mama dey get for pikin. But even that one sef dey fail at times. Love between man and woman is always conditional, meaning it can stop or end depending on the conduct of either of the parties involved.
Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 25, 2021
I don't think there's anything called love... Am sorry
Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 25, 2021
KiNg0G:
Love is an illusion.

A figments of one imaginations.

It's can't be real, since you can't touch it... but claim to feel it.

Just like GOD, DOUBT,FEAR, PAIN.
God is an illusion? Then all this is an illusion. This life, earth, living , breathing, dying, they're all illusion
Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by Lifehappened: 12:20pm On Nov 25, 2021
Legit happened to. It was love at first sight for both of us and we got married almost 7 years later...unfortunately he died few months after. Life happened indeed sad

1 Like

Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by AyelalaOo(m): 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2021
According to the dictionary, If love is a deep internal affection for someone, then love at first sight is also real, but if na to talk reality of wetin love suppose mean true true, some love after first sight self na wayo.
Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by jimtemi1: 12:27pm On Nov 25, 2021
Nothing like love at first sight, it is LUST at first sight, because it facial attraction... Love is a continuous process before u can consider your self been in love is, behavior, caring, and the impact from both sides...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by Fatale: 12:29pm On Nov 25, 2021
More Often Than Not, It Is Lust. Anyway There Is An Element Of Attraction If You See Somebody For The First Time And Immediately Like Or Love the Person.

Some People Am Prone To Fall In Lust Than In Love at First Sight. Love Comes Gradually.

2 Likes

Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by jericco1(m): 12:33pm On Nov 25, 2021
It is infatuation
Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by ChocolateWine(f): 12:43pm On Nov 25, 2021
Oloniyan:
Yeah and I am Married to her
Really, gist us
Re: Is Love At First Sight Really Love? by womenareapess: 12:45pm On Nov 25, 2021
binarymachine:
Come to think, how did I even meet you? First time I met you, the world seemed not to exist, nothing else matters with just the two of us in the cosmos. The world can move as fast as it wants, or it can wait, it is no concern of mine, so long as I have you beside me.

Everything seems to revolve around this person, you dream about them, in the day your thoughts are filled with them. Even when you are alone, you just laugh by yourself when you remember their face or something loving about them. And yes the mushy feelings that comes with love are the most beautiful; that butterfly that flutters in your stomach when you see the one your heart loves and of course your heart does multiple backflips when you just look at the person and you cannot just help it but to thank God for gifting you with this wonderful person of a human. And because you have this person’s love, you consider yourself the most lucky individual on earth.

The relationship progresses after the confession of feelings and profession of love and one day, you wake up from the bed, or halt midway while dicing an onion in the kitchen, and look up to your partner and then ask the question “how did I meet you anyway?”.

This is really funny, because it is legit and real. One minute we are head over heels with someone. The next minute, we cannot wait to have them out of our hair. They become the most annoying individual on earth. If you are in a relationship already you will find this is true. I mean, maybe before you were her knight in shining armour and she was the damsel in distress, but now she is a fierce woman and does not really need your help as she once did. And that seems to irk you a lot.

See, we tend to fall for the perfect image or character of the person we love. There is this ideal picture we have painted as a result of love, we have carved them out and placed them on the epicentre of our minds. We think the person to be flawless; this comes with emotional love though, it tends to blind us and impede our reasoning even though there are glaring evidences right in front of us.

So we go on and love that character in our heads, forgetting they are humans like us and then one day we wake up, viola!! The scales fallen from our eyes, our feet has touched earth again. We are jerked back to reality and then when we look at the love of our lives, we begin to ask ourselves “how on God’s green earth did I even choose this person?”

“Why?” Because we are back to reasoning, we now realise that the breath of the love of our lives, doesn’t smell like strawberries anymore or roses in bloom, rather they stink like that of a goat. We find that their snore even makes us wake up at night to ask them what is happening. We look at them and we are shocked. We do not know what is happening, how we met this person, how to remedy the situation or cope with the changes; Relax, it happens.

If you see getting into a relationship or you want to let yourself love, you can do yourself a favor by letting go of image of a perfect person in order not to be disappointed. I mean getting to know someone and adjusting to that person and their way of life is one hell of a work, but then, you do not want to sit down to cross off all you had on your list about your ideal person.

It is okay to have an idea of the kind of person you want, but what is not okay is you thinking that the ideal man or woman will be prince or princess chamming; and I mean charming in all sense of the word.

By now it should be no news to you that no one is perfect. Everyone is flawed one way or the other. Everyone has that streak which is going to be annoying to you. If you are looking to get a perfect partner, you are not going to see one. In fact, you will have to wait your whole lifetime to get one, and yet you will not see any; I kid you not. So in order not to get disappointed or box yourself in the corner, let go of those perfect pictures in your head, l’ve and love.

Now, this is not going to stop the surprises from popping up in your relationship. It is not going to stop your partner from farting and telling you they have lactose intolerance. Rather, it will make you look up at them and ask “how did I meet you anyway”, and they will shrug, and you will look into their eyes and realize how fortunate you are to have them in your life while you both laugh at each other, indeed, love happens at first sight.
Source:
https://flipmemes.com/2021/10/30/is-love-at-first-sight-really-love/
Love at first sight isn't possible in Nigeria because we got a lot of baboons (naija women) who is just there for your Banana undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please A Female Should Volunteer To Write About Femalebased MISEDUCATIONS / I Have A Very Bad Relationship Habit Am Not Proud Of It But I Can't Help It! / Noticed Only The Ugly Nairaland Girls Asslick Guys A Lot Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.