Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' (42981 Views)

Mohamed Salah Avoids Kiss From A Female Reporter (Photos) / "We Don't Play Playstation Football":Jurgen Klopp To Reporter After Everton Draw / OMG!! Barcelona Star Arda Turan Threatens Reporter After Questioning His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by enonche85(m): 1:26pm On Nov 25, 2021
KingEverest:
all these journalist and reporters eh undecided they understood wat he meant o they just wanted to implicate him

No, Klopp knew exactly what he was saying. A tournament that will make him loose 2 of his best players is not what you forget. It's out of anger he called AFCON little.
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Cjizzy(m): 1:26pm On Nov 25, 2021
mikezuruki:

Sense, you no get. He rebuked a reporter for referring AFCON as little tournament. And here you are calling him out.

I am not sure you understood the content even.
Don't sweat it brother most of them only headlines and react accordingly..

1 Like

Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by damosky12(m): 1:26pm On Nov 25, 2021
mikezuruki:

Sense, you no get. He rebuked a reporter for referring AFCON as little tournament. And here you are calling him out.

The least you can do is to READ and understand the news before commenting. That's the least you could have done.

1 Like

Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Kpakam(m): 1:27pm On Nov 25, 2021
Reporter--Why did u refer to AFCON as a little tournament? Klopp-yen yen yen yen yen yen yen yen yen yen yen yen yen yen yen yen yen
Klopp just dey talk anyhow
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Topmaike007(m): 1:27pm On Nov 25, 2021
oloriooko:
him no lie na what's the fuss about
Afcon no get level at all imagine no VAR in the last qualifiers, teams still write to complain about ref, it's a big shame
let's tell ourselves the truth africa and afcon are both little things!
shioor na people like you dey shame to introduce there mama to there babe because they feel inferior...shior

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Oludara202: 1:27pm On Nov 25, 2021
Yeah , little tournament albeit financially.
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Angelfrost(m): 1:28pm On Nov 25, 2021
oloriooko:
Afcon no get level at all imagine no VAR in the last qualifiers, teams still write to complain about ref, it's a big shame

You should be ashamed to make such statements...

Was Rome built in a day?!!! Was the European competition always like it is today?!!

We should never allow foreigners belittle our people, nation or continent... It is even more stupid to join them in doing so.

3 Likes

Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by staga: 1:29pm On Nov 25, 2021
mikezuruki:

Klopp was the one who made the comment. Na you suppose understand the content.

2 Likes

Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by enonche85(m): 1:30pm On Nov 25, 2021
mikezuruki:

Klopp called AFCON little. He got angry when a reporter asked him to apologize. Read the post again you might understand it better.

1 Like

Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Angelfrost(m): 1:30pm On Nov 25, 2021
KingEverest:
all these journalist and reporters eh undecided they understood wat he meant o they just wanted to implicate him

You choose your words carefully as an important person of influence... That's the way it is.

It's a reporter's job to fish for goofs! Have you forgotten how FFK fell headlong into that reporter's trap?!!

Ed Cavani made an honest and harmless remark, and was made to burn for it.
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Godbless3(m): 1:30pm On Nov 25, 2021
Newboss:

When I tell people say na black man sell black man to white men, they go talk say I dey talk anyhow.

Na people like you sell black man to white men. I don't blame you. You were born like this and for this.

Black man like you will enjoy whiteman privildge and still think he made that happen.
The last CAF champions league final, VAR was use in the 1st leg and in the 2nd leg when a goal was rule out and the team thought they were cheated protest for VAR intervention but that was the time the ref let it known to the players that VAR was not working.
What a way to sell out abi.
You will leave this continent with a slight opportunity but still bash another for belittling it.
Hypocrite.

2 Likes

Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by bluebay(m): 1:31pm On Nov 25, 2021
A month tournament is a little tournament na . Let’s be sincere pls
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by emmylight4u: 1:31pm On Nov 25, 2021
TRUTH IS BITTER
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by 8stargeneral: 1:32pm On Nov 25, 2021
Klopp is mad
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 25, 2021
Thank you
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by tillaman(m): 1:33pm On Nov 25, 2021
Godbless3:

Dead brain just like the reporter.
your momma taught you better than that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Angelfrost(m): 1:33pm On Nov 25, 2021
Joysticks:
Is AFCON not a little tournament? Boring matches with under 2 goals and poor video coverage.

What it really is doesn't matter...

It's deeply insulting for a person of Klopp's status to make such statements about a continent's football tournament...

A continent that gifted him exceptional and indispensable players in 3 very key positions!

When you are important, you choose your words very carefully!

Buhari is an underperforming and clueless head of state, but will Biden, Macron, Queen Elizabeth, etc, make such an "honest" statement in public without damning consequences?!!

1 Like

Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Godbless3(m): 1:36pm On Nov 25, 2021
Klopp may not have meant his word but sometimes the truth doesn't come plainly.
Messi won COPA AMERICA and he is favourite for FIFA best award.
Aboutrika did win AFCON 3times and never went close.
Untill winning afcon carry same weight as EURO'S (UCL,UEL), COPA (CL,CS), etc in fifa award, then CAF will just be a little tournament
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Godbless3(m): 1:38pm On Nov 25, 2021
tillaman:
your momma taught you better than that

Your momma didn't brings you up properly.
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 25, 2021
ifytrik:
can also make such statement if it was the European championship he was talking about?

Relax. He is not a native English speaker. Such people sometimes have hard time finding the right words to express what they’re trying to say when speaking English, and that translates to them sounding extremely blunt and rude sometimes even when they dint mean to be.

He merely tried to point out the the Afcon is not really a high profiled tournament around the world like what he is used to. No insult intended.

1 Like

Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Mexicanbreed: 1:40pm On Nov 25, 2021
mikezuruki:

Nah you no get sense, go n read
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Angelfrost(m): 1:40pm On Nov 25, 2021
oloriooko:

Biden is an old underperforming charlatan
Buhari is an inept, vindictive, and nepotistic head of state
Kim Jong Un is a poorly bred, dwarfish, and ruthless tyrant
Vladmir Putin is a sadistic, cold-blooded bully
Etc...

The above are well known facts sir... Can Klopp make such statements in public?!!

That something is true, doesn't make it right or normal to spew them out in press conferences.
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Newboss(m): 1:40pm On Nov 25, 2021
Godbless3:

Black man like you will enjoy whiteman privildge and still think he made that happen.
The last CAF champions league final, VAR was use in the 1st leg and in the 2nd leg when a goal was rule out and the team thought they were cheated protest for VAR intervention but that was the time the ref let it known to the players that VAR was not working.
What a way to sell out abi.
You will leave this continent with a slight opportunity but still bash another for belittling it.
Hypocrite.

Leaving the continent does not mean I don't love the continent. I don't despise the continent. I don't belittle the continent.

I leave the continent because of human beings like you who have no sense of self worth. Your set are the weakest link in every society.

People should stop complaining about slavery because black men like you sold black men to white men as slaves.

Ciao

2 Likes

Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Kokoebapluse(m): 1:41pm On Nov 25, 2021
Good morning my people. Pls I need work in a radio station in Kaduna or Zaria, am looking for position of news casting or reporting. I have 3 years experience in Media house. Thou am SSC hold but am still schooling in a polytechnic. Pls help me out if there is vacant around you u can reach me on. 08172010068 or 07084399162. Thank you God bless you.
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Angelfrost(m): 1:43pm On Nov 25, 2021
AriyoGsg:
Resdddf

You do realize this is actually a crime?!!... So, you have the boldness to advertise a crime with your number attached... Interesting!
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by daveP(m): 1:46pm On Nov 25, 2021
Klopp said trash.

And of course, nonsensical africans on this thread will still Support his nonsense talk. See him trying to shift goalpost with extra arrogance.

This is totally wrong and he should apologise.

Europeans and seeing non-european tourneys as worth anything is full fledged arrogance.

Nonsense!

A Continent's top tourney is called "little" like some domestic division one cup contest and y'all are laughing and saying he's saying the truth? Smh

1 Like

Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by odomanis: 1:46pm On Nov 25, 2021
Joysticks:
Is AFCON not a little tournament? Boring matches with under 2 goals and poor video coverage.

You can say that for the qualifiers but not the tournament, not AFCON.
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by zolajpower: 1:46pm On Nov 25, 2021
femi4:
He called it an irony...can he joke with Euro or copa America like that
The afcon is the lowest paid continental competition in the world . It's not up to $20m sef for prize winner
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 1:46pm On Nov 25, 2021
Kingcalls:
Just like we know copa America is a little tournament as well.
even afcon get levels pass copa America

1 Like

Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Bimpe29: 1:47pm On Nov 25, 2021
Racism is in his blood, he couldn't have referred to Euro as little tournament. embarassed
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Godbless3(m): 1:51pm On Nov 25, 2021
Newboss:

Leaving the continent does not mean I don't love the continent. I don't despise the continent. I don't belittle the continent.

I leave the continent because of human beings like you who have no sense of self worth. Your set are the weakest link in every society.

People should stop complaining about slavery because black men like you sold black men to white men as slaves.

Ciao

WTF man, you got no sense at all. People like you run away with lame excuse. You can't admit the truth, in fact you don't want the truth to be said while it keep on appearing again.
A team once wrote to fifa about ref and got the game replay.
You could say let hide it but fast forward,
SAF have done it again. and you won't want us to talk about it abi?
Nigerians team keep prostesting at int'l competition and you want us to accept it like that abi.
What an african continent you want.... BRAVO.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Poses With His 5th Champions League Trophy - Pictures / Neymar's Reactions To Psg’s Victory Over Manchester United Last Night Goes Viral / Manchester United Appoints Mourinho As Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.