Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,250 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' (43014 Views)

Mohamed Salah Avoids Kiss From A Female Reporter (Photos) / "We Don't Play Playstation Football":Jurgen Klopp To Reporter After Everton Draw / OMG!! Barcelona Star Arda Turan Threatens Reporter After Questioning His Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Angelfrost(m): 2:28pm On Nov 25, 2021
oloriooko:
how long will you keep building your Rome
Come to terms with the truth, africa keep building the Rome but same africans keep bringing it down with corruption and unprofessionalism

Yes indeed... I agree with you. It is a shame and pathetic situation.

However, that is not for Klopp to openly voice in a press conference! It is indelicate and unacceptable!

I have nothing against the truth... But, public figures must choose their words carefully.

In any case, I personally believe Klopp meant to say the tournament is not that long (short) and not that the tournament is actually "little" (of low significance)!

He is not an English man, so should not be blamed for not knowing the actual difference! grin

1 Like

Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by TemmyT002(m): 2:28pm On Nov 25, 2021
KingEverest:

he meant small break like the tournament is a small international break b4 march

Hmm
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Angelfrost(m): 2:30pm On Nov 25, 2021
pek:
I feel so ashamed reading the comments of people here and excusing Klopp. AFCON was called a limit tournament and you are happy about it. Shame.

Most of these people slander and ridicule even their parents in public just to gain universal acceptance. It is such a shame!
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by chikason22(m): 2:33pm On Nov 25, 2021
[s]
ifytrik:
Clop, Diego simeoni and Costa would have been mad men roaming the street if not that they where fortunate to be born in a developed country that has the best psychiatric hospitals, despite visiting psychiatric hospitals from time to time, they still behave and talk like mad people sometimes[/s].
What nonsense are you talking. Chelsea fans and noise. Tueh

Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Angelfrost(m): 2:34pm On Nov 25, 2021
frankson1:

Oga, he didn't deny calling AFCON "little tournament" and he didn't have words to defend himself than saying gibberish. Nobody tried implicating him.

Well, he probably didn't mean it the way the journalist sounded him out on...

He was probably referring to the duration of the event and not trying to belittle the quality of the competition.

As someone struggling to fully grasp the English language, I will let him off on this one. grin
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Godbless3(m): 2:36pm On Nov 25, 2021
Newboss:

It's people like you that join ISIS, ISIL, etc. You don't get it yet?

why the fûck would I leave Africa if not for people like you who despise it? A very beautiful continent.

No man, you just want to hide whatever is happening here as it doesn't exist so that the white don't see you as slave and thats why it keep happening.
Nothing really works in this continent bro..
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Godbless3(m): 2:37pm On Nov 25, 2021
tillaman:
mudmunching hillbilly

You sound like you have been seeing your mum pussy.
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by blowjohn(m): 2:39pm On Nov 25, 2021
KingEverest:
all these journalist and reporters eh undecided they understood wat he meant o they just wanted to implicate him

Would he have used the word 'little' to describe the euro cup or copa america?
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Soffyh(m): 2:40pm On Nov 25, 2021
Them dey craz sef, they are questioning german man of how he spoke English? Someone that value black players like mad, how will he racist, if not him mature level, mane and salah would have displayed ther african behavior He loves African no cap, salah keita,mane,matip
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Newton85: 2:44pm On Nov 25, 2021
tillaman:
iyen klopp na, make e just talk say e go miss Manè and Salah them why does he have to low rate Afcon
Please let's not always get angry over flimsy things jare. I don't know why we're so obsessed with reading meaning into every damned thing white folks say in order to cry about disrespect of Africans. I think Klopp's extensive explanation of what he meant should suffice. There's nothing to see here joor.
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Godbless3(m): 2:54pm On Nov 25, 2021
Angelfrost:

Most of these people slander and ridicule even their parents in public just to gain universal acceptance. It is such a shame!

Lets take BLM for example, when that black dude was murder by the cop, how the world react to racism and fast forward today how black players in UK and rest of the world keep receiving abuse on daily basis.
Klopp only responded to the reported who said there is no int'l break untill march base on the critism of Klopp on england coaches because his players get injury on some not important match like Jones playing 90min against andorra u21 after just recovering from knock when england already qualified.
Klopp on point out a little break because it wasn't general like other breaks.
Klopp have coach some of the best African players and fully aware of the AFCON compare to others.
His word was twisted against him by a man who own the pen but the meanining was not.
Stop this entitle mentality.
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by friendl: 2:58pm On Nov 25, 2021
How was he misunderstood ?l no blame the yeye coach ,,he knows his major strikers will be missing for weeks .....na frustrating dey worry the coach ,HISS
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by FlipModeSquade(m): 3:02pm On Nov 25, 2021
ifytrik:
can also make such statement if it was the European championship he was talking about?
He was clearly being quoted out of context..
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by pek(m): 3:03pm On Nov 25, 2021
Angelfrost:

Yes indeed... I agree with you. It is a shame and pathetic situation.

However, that is not for Klopp to openly voice in a press conference! It is indelicate and unacceptable!

I have nothing against the truth... But, public figures must choose their words carefully.

In any case, I personally believe Klopp meant to say the tournament is not that long (short) and not that the tournament is actually "little" (of low significance)!

He is not an English man, so should not be blamed for not knowing the actual difference! grin
Are an English man? Klopp speaks very good English. Stop excusing the inexcusable. Rather than apologize, he became confrontational. He lost it on two fronts.
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Bamzyriches451: 3:05pm On Nov 25, 2021
The man wasn't far from the truth anyways
Afcon is a low budget tournament
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by pek(m): 3:05pm On Nov 25, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
He was clearly being quoted out of context..
Okay. Help us to understand what he meant by a little tournament.

1 Like

Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Godbless3(m): 3:05pm On Nov 25, 2021
For a pound to be up to N750, a dollar up to N580 doesn't mean it can't be equall to.
We just have to admit/accept and works toward it.
If he didn't use the word "little", they reporter wouldn't take advantage to make a step up in his carear.
During Mikel Obi UTD/Chelsea saga, we all remember we wanted obi at chelsea because of how African players were treated at utd by fergusen.
Lets take the coach as the best way of interpreting the statement.
No coach in epl currently with more important black players than Klopp and he was fully aware of the int'l break that the reporter didn't know about.
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by fergusen: 3:20pm On Nov 25, 2021
Godbless3:
For a pound to be up to N750, a dollar up to N580 doesn't mean it can't be equall to.
We just have to admit/accept and works toward it.
If he didn't use the word "little", they reporter wouldn't take advantage to make a step up in his carear.
During Mikel Obi UTD/Chelsea saga, we all remember we wanted obi at chelsea because of how African players were treated at utd by fergusen.
Lets take the coach as the best way of interpreting the statement.
No coach in epl currently with more important black players than Klopp and he was fully aware of the int'l break that the reporter didn't know about.
Me? What did I do? undecided
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by DaveHarry(m): 3:21pm On Nov 25, 2021
Pathokpo:

If it were the uefa tournament, would he have described it in the same way. He may not have meant to disrespect the afcon tournament but, human inate perception goes a long way in determining his choice of words in social interaction. That is why when interacting with people try to pay close attention to their choice of words and not just what they are trying to communicate, so you could have a better understanding of them.

You want to compare European tournament with your baseless afcon, abi na wetin?
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by DaveHarry(m): 3:23pm On Nov 25, 2021
DaveHarry:

Like it or not, klopp suppose use the word "very" before the little.
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Olam09(m): 3:38pm On Nov 25, 2021
Person wey get sense go know say e no mean am like that.. when klopp first landed in England he never understood one English like this
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by raphy(m): 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2021
He is not English so he was misunderstood he didn't mean to say Africa little tournament.

There is a cliche in there just free the man
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by E2000: 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2021
I don't understand why the weak wants to be called strong or not too strong the same issue in economics, 'least developed' countries want to be called 'developing country' look at Nigeria does it look like things are getting better? Black men on a large scale are notorious lover of lies . I watch the Afcon matches with pains because of very poor tactical football been played and it tells me how far Africa is . So yes Africa football is little compared to the European counterpart . So what is bad in a person stating the obvious it .
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Gbajure(m): 3:41pm On Nov 25, 2021
KingEverest:
all these journalist and reporters eh undecided they understood wat he meant o they just wanted to implicate him

Can u plss explain?
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Gbajure(m): 3:42pm On Nov 25, 2021
E2000:
I don't understand why the weak wants to be called strong or not too strong the same issue in economics, 'least developed' countries want to be called 'developing country' look at Nigeria does it look like things are getting better? Black men on a large scale are notorious lover of lies . I watch the Afcon matches with pains because of very poor tactical football been played and it tells me how far Africa is . So yes Africa football is little compared to the European counterpart . So what is bad in a person stating the obvious it .

I don't know ur race or tribe that is if you even have any decent lineage, but you are not well

2 Likes

Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Gbajure(m): 3:43pm On Nov 25, 2021
Olam09:
Person wey get sense go know say e no mean am like that.. when klopp first landed in England he never understood one English like this

Just say what u know and it is not necessary to comment all the time. He speaks English like a native mumu

1 Like

Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by KingEverest: 3:44pm On Nov 25, 2021
Gbajure:

Can u plss explain?
he wasnt tryin to belittle afcon its wrong choice of words
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Slickest(m): 4:05pm On Nov 25, 2021
Joysticks:
Is AFCON not a little tournament? Boring matches with under 2 goals and poor video coverage.
STFU!!! It's all we have and we embraace it
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 25, 2021
I don't think people commenting on this post even read it self,he didn't say anything wrong here,make unah free my guy abeg,is the African cup not shifty ni,make unah no dey form wetin no go jhare
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Slickest(m): 4:06pm On Nov 25, 2021
raphy:
He is not English so he was misunderstood he didn't mean to say Africa little tournament.

There is a cliche in there just free the man
Do you even understand the word cliche
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by Slickest(m): 4:08pm On Nov 25, 2021
DaveHarry:

As baseless as it is, u family will stare at their screen till it's over.
Re: Klopp Clashes With Reporter After Calling AFCON ‘Little Tournament' by OdenKelechi(m): 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2021
KingEverest:

No, Klopp is a good manager but an actual idiot...He talks without actually thinking most times

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Shaunae Miller Dives Across Finish Line To Win Gold Medal / Ex-Super Eagles Vs Kogi: Yahaya Bello Scores In A 1-1 Draw (Photos) / Kelechi Iheanacho Mocks Chelsea By Hawking F.A Cup - Who Go Buy Cup?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.