Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators (3950 Views)

Cooking Gas Generators Are Better Than Petrol Generators / The Professor Of All Professors: All You Need To know About Generators Is Here. / The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 1:02am On Nov 26, 2021
I was at the last Lagos International Trade fair and observed that many people bought original generators like Sumec Firman, etc at their stands even though they seem expensive but many still chose to buy other brands with fake KVAs because they are cheap. So which would you rather choose: An expensive original generator or a cheap generator with fake KVA?

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 5:50am On Nov 27, 2021
I'm sure many people really want the best brand of generators but can't afford it cos economy is hard. But I think the benefits of buying a good one far outweighs the risk of buying a fake kva generator.

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Itunu97: 7:00am On Nov 27, 2021
I think i agree on this one. But i think many people don't know the risk attached in getting cheaper generator

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 10:49pm On Nov 27, 2021
That's very true. Even if anyone wants an affordable generator, its safe to buy it at an authorised store. Such information can be found online.
Itunu97:
I think i agree on this one. But i think many people don't know the risk attached in getting cheaper generator

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Itunu97: 1:49pm On Nov 28, 2021
Cos many roadside generator stores are just out there to make money not minding what happens afterwards.
Nope31:
That's very true. Even if anyone wants an affordable generator, its safe to buy it at an authorised store. Such information can be found online.

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 11:05pm On Nov 28, 2021
Even some online stores are not left out as they are also find of exaggerating generator's capacity to unsuspecting customers. So the need to be careful is really important.
Itunu97:
Cos many roadside generator stores are just out there to make money not minding what happens afterwards.

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by hoppez2020: 10:36pm On Nov 29, 2021
I rather buying it expensive than cheaper fake KVA. Cos who wants palava on repairing everyday
Nope31:
I was at the last Lagos International Trade fair and observed that many people bought original generators like Sumec Firman, etc at their stands even though they seem expensive but many still chose to buy other brands with fake KVAs because they are cheap. So which would you rather choose: An expensive original generator or a cheap generator with fake KVA?

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by hoppez2020: 10:39pm On Nov 29, 2021
But pls, what brand of generator can one buy to better proficiency? Any suggestions pls...
Nope31:
I'm sure many people really want the best brand of generators but can't afford it cos economy is hard. But I think the benefits of buying a good one far outweighs the risk of buying a fake kva generator.

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by hoppez2020: 10:43pm On Nov 29, 2021
I totally agree with u
Nope31:
Nope31:

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by hoppez2020: 10:46pm On Nov 29, 2021
Don't tell us it's only sumec fireman generator that is original...Hmmm...
Nope31:

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by hoppez2020: 11:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
But is it getting a good generator the issue or using it right to last longer?
Itunu97:
Nope31:
Even some online stores are not left out as they are also find of exaggerating generator's capacity to unsuspecting customers. So the need to be careful is really important.

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 11:41pm On Nov 29, 2021
Exactly, Nobody wants that stress. And like I mentioned , the risk of purchasing such generators is high
hoppez2020:
I rather buying it expensive than cheaper fake KVA. Cos who wants palava on repairing everyday

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 11:49pm On Nov 29, 2021
I didn't say so, I only cited their stand at the Trade fair as an example. There were other brands who had stands at the Trade fair too.
hoppez2020:
Don't tell us it's only sumec fireman generator that is original...Hmmm...

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Teetee17: 11:52pm On Nov 29, 2021
Why should we have generators with fake KVA?
Nope31:

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 11:53pm On Nov 29, 2021
If i may ask, what do you expect from a good generator brand?
hoppez2020:
But pls, what brand of generator can one buy to better proficiency? Any suggestions pls...

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by hoppez2020: 11:54pm On Nov 29, 2021
I wonder o... Expensive or cheaper. Is it not money we use to buy it? God save us o...
Teetee17:

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by hoppez2020: 12:05am On Nov 30, 2021
Even if they know, is it not what they can afford they will buy and they must use generator.
Itunu97:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Itunu97: 12:07am On Nov 30, 2021
Please house, what is the meaning of fake kva?
Teetee17:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by hoppez2020: 12:11am On Nov 30, 2021
It should last for years of course
Nope31:

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 12:22am On Nov 30, 2021
This is because many unknown / inferior brands try to exploit the popularity of well known brands to sell their products. In order to achieve this, they exaggerate the kva of the generator so that they can sell at the price of the trusted brands or even sell it cheap to uninformed buyers
Teetee17:

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 12:28am On Nov 30, 2021
It simply means fake capacity of generators. Some sellers increase the capacity so that customers will moved to buy the generators.
Itunu97:
Please house, what is the meaning of fake kva?

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Itunu97: 12:34am On Nov 30, 2021
Well Thermocool is a Good brand of generator and to an extent Sumec is also better.
[quote author=hoppez2020 post=108072911]But pls, what brand of generator can one buy to better proficiency? Any suggestions pls...

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Itunu97: 12:41am On Nov 30, 2021
Lol...abi oo
[hoppez2020 post=108074115]I wonder o... Expensive or cheaper. Is it not money we use to buy it? God save us o...

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Itunu97: 12:44am On Nov 30, 2021
Ehen!!there is nothing one won't hear or see in this country. Thanks for the explanation. quote author
[Nope31 post=108074411]It simply means fake capacity of generators. Some sellers increase the capacity so that customers will moved to buy the generators.

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Itunu97: 12:56am On Nov 30, 2021
Hmmm,I think using it right matters alot because if a Good generator is used wrongly it will get damaged.
hoppez2020:

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 8:04am On Nov 30, 2021
Yes using it right matters a lot. But come to think of it, there is no right way to use a fake kva generator cos in the first place the capacity has been exaggerated unknowingly to you. So let's say you bought a generator that is supposed to be 2.5kva but it has been exaggerated to 4kva. Then you load 3kva appliances on it, you really think you are using it right but you are already overloading the generator cos its just 2.5kva which in turn will destroy the generator in no time. You see the danger now?
Itunu97:
Hmmm,I think using it right matters alot because if a Good generator is used wrongly it will get damaged.

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Teetee17: 8:55am On Nov 30, 2021
Buy I better pass my neighbour.
hoppez2020:

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Itunu97: 8:57am On Nov 30, 2021
Well aside from it been a Good brand generator,it has to be original,most dealers at times are shady and after sales,I once got a Good brand generator and found out it was foaming salt....
Nope31:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Itunu97: 9:01am On Nov 30, 2021
So my question is how can one Identify an Original Generator? Because that's what attracts me to this topic.
Itunu97:
Well aside from it been a Good brand generator,it has to be original,most dealers at times are shady and after sales,I once got a Good brand generator and found out it was foaming salt....

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Teetee17: 9:06am On Nov 30, 2021
True talk
Nope31:
Yes using it right matters a lot. But come to think of it, there is no right way to use a fake kva generator cos in the first place the capacity has been exaggerated unknowingly to you. So let's say you bought a generator that is supposed to be 2.5kva but it has been exaggerated to 4kva. Then you load 3kva appliances on it, you really think you are using it right but you are already overloading the generator cos its just 2.5kva which in turn will destroy the generator in no time. You see the danger now?

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Teetee17: 9:35am On Nov 30, 2021
Well, to me, sumec Firman brand is also good
Nope31:
I didn't say so, I only cited their stand at the Trade fair as an example. There were other brands who had stands at the Trade fair too.

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Teetee17: 10:25am On Nov 30, 2021
Using it right matters cos one of my neighbour complain of his new gen given him issues whereas according to him, his friend is using same brand of gen for years without major probs
hoppez2020:

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Beauty And Physics Of The Sky. / Nigeria CUSTOM Recruitment Form 2014/2015 Is Out / Purchase Your Brand New Electronics@factory Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.