Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators (3967 Views)

Cooking Gas Generators Are Better Than Petrol Generators / The Professor Of All Professors: All You Need To know About Generators Is Here. / The 10 Most Expensive Liquids In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by hoppez2020: 9:38am On Dec 02, 2021
Spare parts are everywhere.
Nope31:
Another feature to watch out for in a good generator brand is the availability of the spare parts. This is also important

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by hoppez2020: 9:41am On Dec 02, 2021
Though, it's the person repairing the gen, that has access to the spare part afterall they the one that knows what's needed for the repair
hoppez2020:

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by hoppez2020: 9:43am On Dec 02, 2021
How will you know the spare parts to use wen you are not a mechanic.
Itunu97:
If I may ask what were some of the spare parts you were given? Becaùse its quite harď for me to get the spare part of my Generator, my Mechanic had used a wrong one for me of which I wouldn't want it to repeat it self again.

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 9:44am On Dec 02, 2021
I took my generator there to be serviced. That was even when I knew they have engine oil which I bought alongside spare parts that their engineer said my generator needed.
Itunu97:
If I may ask what were some of the spare parts you were given? Becaùse its quite harď for me to get the spare part of my Generator, my Mechanic had used a wrong one for me of which I wouldn't want it to repeat it self again.

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by hoppez2020: 9:46am On Dec 02, 2021
Mechanic use wrong spare parts no be new thing. They must surely use fake one so u can call them back again. It's called Mechanic strategy cheesy
Itunu97:

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by hoppez2020: 9:58am On Dec 02, 2021
Do they service Thermocool generator at that address?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 9:59am On Dec 02, 2021
Interestingly, this can't happen with Sumec Firman spare parts cos you can check if the spare part is original by sending the 16 digit code on the spare part to a number which will confirm if its original or fake.
hoppez2020:
Mechanic use wrong spare parts no be new thing. They must surely use fake one so u can call them back again. It's called Mechanic strategy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 10:00am On Dec 02, 2021
Using fake spare parts is like killing our generator

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by hoppez2020: 10:09am On Dec 02, 2021
Scam. How will a spare part has a code to check fake or original. Abeg.
Nope31:
Interestingly, this can't happen with Sumec Firman spare parts cos you can check if the spare part is original by sending the 16 digit code on the spare part to a number which will confirm if its original or fake.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by hoppez2020: 10:10am On Dec 02, 2021
Which Nafdac approve that one for naija grin
hoppez2020:

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 10:43am On Dec 02, 2021
The pack of the spare part has a silver panel that you scratch and see either 20 digit code and send to a particular number. I was suprised too, I found out all of that out when I went to their service center. Naija don dey better small small grin
hoppez2020:

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Itunu97: 11:19am On Dec 02, 2021
The ones that are not compatible with your Good brand of Generator is what you see everywhere,no Mechanic will spend money on getting what's compatible with your Gen. They all need money!!
hoppez2020:

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Itunu97: 12:06pm On Dec 02, 2021
In my case I knew the caburator is faulty,due to the fact it's leaking fuel. The Mechanic did change it but not quite long, the problem persist. So definitely he used an inferior one.
hoppez2020:
How will you know the spare parts to use wen you are not a mechanic.

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Itunu97: 12:12pm On Dec 02, 2021
Though am in love with Thermocool Generator, but this might make me have a re-think has to also patronizing Sumec Firman Generator. The service centre been accessible and getting spare parts directly from there is quite a Top notch.
Nope31:
The pack of the spare part has a silver panel that you scratch and see either 20 digit code and send to a particular number. I was suprised too, I found out all of that out when I went to their service center. Naija don dey better small small grin

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Itunu97: 12:17pm On Dec 02, 2021
Some product do have it,like if you purchase Lonart drug,you will find a silver panel on the pack.
hoppez2020:

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Itunu97: 12:22pm On Dec 02, 2021
Seems so but like I typed not so sure. It's basicly one of the challenge am facing with mine,servicing and getting original spare part for it.�
hoppez2020:

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 1:13pm On Dec 02, 2021
You can make inquiries about that
hoppez2020:

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by hoppez2020: 5:01pm On Dec 02, 2021
I don't understand what's going on here. Is this post all about throwing away our other brand of gen to patronizing sumec firman?
Itunu97:
Though am in love with Thermocool Generator, but this might make me have a re-think has to also patronizing Sumec Firman Generator. The service centre been accessible and getting spare parts directly from there is quite a Top notch.

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Teetee17: 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2021
Of course
hoppez2020:
Though, it's the person repairing the gen, that has access to the spare part afterall they the one that knows what's needed for the repair

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Teetee17: 6:06pm On Dec 02, 2021
Whao! Dats amazing if its really true
Nope31:

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Teetee17: 6:07pm On Dec 02, 2021
Lolzzz
hoppez2020:
I don't understand what's going on here. Is this post all about throwing away our other brand of gen to patronizing sumec firman?

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Itunu97: 3:44pm On Dec 03, 2021
Just expressing our view,feel free to do same pls.
hoppez2020:

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by hoppez2020: 6:16pm On Dec 03, 2021
angry
Itunu97:

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 12:28am On Dec 04, 2021
We add to our knowledge and also help others learn anytime we share experiences

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 12:29am On Dec 04, 2021
Exactly
Itunu97:

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Nope31(f): 12:36am On Dec 04, 2021
That is not the case here. I learnt from a generator thread in this app that Tec generators spare parts are scarce. Although, i don't know how true that is. If that is the case, you can always bank on Sumec Firman original spare parts to increase the life span of your generator
hoppez2020:

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Jitena: 12:18pm On Dec 04, 2021
I just came here to read post o

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by Jitena: 2:42pm On Dec 04, 2021
I know tec and Sumec are 2 good brands. But tec generators are more expensive than Sumec generators. So someone has to consider his/her pocket before buying any of the brands

3 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by hoppez2020: 12:21pm On Dec 05, 2021
cheesy
Jitena:
I just came here to read post o

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by hoppez2020: 12:22pm On Dec 05, 2021
Exactly! Absolutely right
Jitena:
I know tec and Sumec are 2 good brands. But tec generators are more expensive than Sumec generators. So someone has to consider his/her pocket before buying any of the brands

4 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by hoppez2020: 12:25pm On Dec 05, 2021
Getting original Tec is very accessible too because they have authorised show rooms unlike some brands, one can just get anywhere at every generator shops

2 Likes

Re: Expensive Original Generators Or Cheap Fake Kva Generators by hoppez2020: 12:28pm On Dec 05, 2021
But I don't know if Tec has an authorised workshop for repairing their generators so that original spare parts could be used and expertise can handle

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Active Researchers In Physics, Chemistry And Nanotechnology (what's Your 'λ'?) / Cool Projects(embedded Systems) / Physics:the Greatest Thing Know To Mankind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.