Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? (2903 Views)

Princess Miriam Onuoha: APC Wins Okigwe North Federal Constituency Rerun / Obi Peter Onuoha, Wounded Soldier 'Time To Speak Out Than Commit Suicide' / See The Difference Between Atiku Visit To Ilorin Vs Osinbajo (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Ctorch: 3:54pm On Nov 26, 2021
What is the Difference between Onuora and Onuoha? Are they the same?

Is it Theresa Onuoha or Theresa Onuora.

People are contending against and for the name on Facebook.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by SlayerForever: 4:00pm On Nov 26, 2021
People who are arguing the difference are not Igbos.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 26, 2021
SlayerForever:

Why won't it be argued. There is a clear distinction between those names which shows a clear gap between the people culturally and otherwise.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by CrownOfClay724: 4:03pm On Nov 26, 2021
SlayerForever:

This here is the gospel.

27 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by christejames(m): 4:04pm On Nov 26, 2021
They are the same just dialectical differences...

Just like pronouncing Stephen and Steven.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 26, 2021
Ctorch:

Onuora = Anambra
Onuoha = Others.

More like obiora and Obioha. Moreover Theresa is from omambala.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by yorubakid: 4:05pm On Nov 26, 2021
No difference same meaning..just that different igboland pronounce and spell it differently.
Onuora or onuoha simply means he who speaks for the whole community

We have Ezeh and Eze
Chidimma and chidinma.there many names like that in igboland

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Nov 26, 2021
christejames:
They are the same just dialectical differences...

Just like pronouncing Stephen and Steven.

Stephen is a total misnomer.

Steven is the right word
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by baralatie(m): 4:10pm On Nov 26, 2021
Ctorch:

According her Lordship
Supreme Court Justice Odili

The two are spelt different

And most appear in your school document bearing only one.
Na warning o
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by SlayerForever: 5:11pm On Nov 26, 2021
baralatie:

According her Lordship
Supreme Court Justice Odili

The two are spelt different

And most appear in your school document bearing only one.
Na warning o

Lol. That can only be serious under Biafran law wink
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Mightyhaiz: 5:14pm On Nov 26, 2021
Anambra and imo tongues.

They are same

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Usonkwu: 5:18pm On Nov 26, 2021
Of course it matters, a little, but still... Nnewi used to say 'Ohizu' not 'Orizu' but to be fashionable and acceptable, the biggest royal stool there helped in deadening their mother tongue.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Awkabigboy: 5:20pm On Nov 26, 2021
SlayerForever:
Exactly, there is no argument here
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Awkabigboy: 5:21pm On Nov 26, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Why won't it be argued. There is a clear distinction between those names which shows a clear gap between the people culturally and otherwise.
If you were igbo you would have understood why that guy wrote that stuff

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Awkabigboy: 5:22pm On Nov 26, 2021
Mightyhaiz:
Anambra and imo tongues.

They are same
Anambra and others , nothing like imo here, imo falls under others

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by a4cube: 5:24pm On Nov 26, 2021
Ifeanyi and Iheanyi.
Okpala and Okwara
Ifechukwu and Ihechukwu
Okoye and Okorie

Same meaning.

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Mightyhaiz: 5:26pm On Nov 26, 2021
Awkabigboy:

Anambra and others , nothing like imo here, imo falls under others
zukwanu ike nwata awusa a toro na barrack smiley

10 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by FallenShitHole: 5:28pm On Nov 26, 2021
yorubakid:
No difference same meaning..just that different igboland pronounce and spell it differently.

We have Ezeh and Eze
There is nothing like "Ezeh" in Igbo language. Go and learn. What exists in Igbo language is "Eze". The affixed "h" in many Igbo names is a recent phenomenon by some dolts.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by yorubakid: 5:33pm On Nov 26, 2021
FallenShitHole:

There is nothing like "Ezeh" in Igbo language. Go and learn. What exists in Igbo language is "Eze". The affixed "h" in many Igbo names is a recent phenomenon by some dolts.
Thrash!! You know nothing.. when I was in UNN I met lots of Nsukka indigenes with Ezeh as their surname..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by FallenShitHole: 5:38pm On Nov 26, 2021
yorubakid:

Thrash!! You know nothing.. when I was in UNN I met lots of Nsukka indigenes with Ezeh as their surname..
Are you this daft? Are Nsukka people not Igbos? Didn't you read what I wrote? UNN? The quality of the dungeon's education is dangerous.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by yorubakid: 5:50pm On Nov 26, 2021
FallenShitHole:
[s]
Are you this daft? Are Nsukka people not Igbos? Didn't you read what I wrote? UNN? The quality of the dungeon's education is dangerous[/s].
If you are half as smart and intelligent as me, you would have understood what I typed there.Nsukka who are igbos answers Ezeh, that was my argument

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Godons1: 5:57pm On Nov 26, 2021
yorubakid:

We have Ezeh and Eze

One of the name is original while the other is Aba made grin

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by yorubakid: 5:59pm On Nov 26, 2021
Godons1:

One of the name is original while the other is Aba made grin
Abokii, hope you have eaten your grass today grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Godons1: 6:27pm On Nov 26, 2021
yorubakid:

Abokii, hope you have eaten your grass today grin cheesy

Are you by any chance related to someone who bare that Aba made name? Na kweshon I ask oo grin grin

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 6:29pm On Nov 26, 2021
same thing different dialect

onuora mainly Anambra dialect
onuoha mainly imo state dialect
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 6:30pm On Nov 26, 2021
Godons1:

Are you by any chance related to someone who bare that Aba made name? Na kweshon I ask oo grin grin
mynd44 lalasticlala Seun

Rule 2

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by chiefobdk2: 6:41pm On Nov 26, 2021
Usonkwu:
Of course it matters, a little, but still... Nnewi used to say 'Ohizu' not 'Orizu' but to be fashionable and acceptable, the biggest royal stool there helped in deadening their mother tongue.
please stop talking nonsense..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by FallenShitHole: 6:48pm On Nov 26, 2021
yorubakid:

If you are half as smart and intelligent as me, you would have understood what I typed there.Nsukka who are igbos answers Ezeh, that was my argument
The more you type, the dafter you appear. There is nothing like "Ezeh" in Igbo language, what we have is "Eze"

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Arda1000(m): 7:14pm On Nov 26, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Onuora = Anambra
Onuoha = Others.

More like obiora and Obioha. Moreover Theresa is from omambala.
ewu where am from we bear Onuora not Onuoha.
Modified.... I thought I was even replying someone amaro mu no ewu Benin grin dindirin

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Arda1000(m): 7:25pm On Nov 26, 2021
My name is Richard (English)
Swedish call me "Rickard", the Catalan call me "Ricard" and the Italian me "Riccardo",
It’s all the same

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Wulfruna(f): 7:39pm On Nov 26, 2021
Ctorch:

The difference is dialect. If you're referring to the singer from Unubi, Anambra State, it is Theresa Onuora.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Wulfruna(f): 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2021
yorubakid:

Is 'Ezeh' pronounced differently from 'Eze'? That is his point. People putting 'h' at the end of 'Eze' are only stylizing the name. It doesn't affect the pronunciation of the name in anyway.

It's like one of my friends who spells his last name as 'Okoyeh', but this is just a personal idiosyncrasy of his family. Their Okoyeh is not pronounced differently from Okoye, at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Live: Ongoing Evacuation Of Rifan's Abuja Paddy Rice Pyramids / American Soldiers In Ukraine Space / How Atiku Can Win The Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.