Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,528 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? (2967 Views)

Princess Miriam Onuoha: APC Wins Okigwe North Federal Constituency Rerun / Obi Peter Onuoha, Wounded Soldier 'Time To Speak Out Than Commit Suicide' / See The Difference Between Atiku Visit To Ilorin Vs Osinbajo (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Phut(f): 7:40am On Nov 27, 2021
yorubakid:
No difference same meaning..just that different igboland pronounce and spell it differently.
Onuora or onuoha simply means he who speaks for the whole community

We have Ezeh and Eze
Chidimma and chidinma.there many names like that in igboland

There is no such thing as Ezeh in Igbo. Ezeh is a corruption of an Igbo name. All Igbo names end with a vowel and not a consonant. The adding of consonants such as the “h” is a meaningless practice that some people have misguidedly undertaken, lately. Why add the “h”? Does it make the pronunciation of 3 letter names such as “Eze” or “Ibe” any easier. The earlier we stop that, the better.

The rest of your examples are correct.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Phut(f): 7:42am On Nov 27, 2021
wordcat:
The Igbos have only Eze, there's nothing like Ezeh,

Igbos have Chidimma, nothing like Chidinma.

Please look for "Mbido Igbo" book 3, 4 & 5 for more details.

As for Onuora and Onuha; they're both the same just like Ahamefuna and Afamefuna, Ifeoma and Iheoma, Orie and Oye, Onyebuchi and Onyewuchi, Ahia and Afia and so on

You are 100% correct. Man wey sabi.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by fergie001: 8:11am On Nov 27, 2021
wordcat:
The Igbos have only Eze, there's nothing like Ezeh,

Homeboiy:
He was criticising the guy that there is nothing like Ezeh. Don't read meanings into his meanings.

I wasn't talking about meanings but that there is something like Ezeh.

FallenShitHole:
I know him up to his father's house in Uturu and know his 82-year old father answers Ezeh.

I don't see Ezeh having a different meaning from Eze but know that people answer the name.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by cheruv: 8:22am On Nov 27, 2021
BKayy:

Will you shattap there. There is nothing like "universal" when writing someone's name.
Both are correct. They will just set music and you people will start jumping up and down.
Can you exert this same energy if it was 1.Muhammad and Mohammed?
2.Abraham and Avraham?
3. JESUS and YESHUA?

When you give example to back up your point, be sure that your examples when analysed doesn't counter your argument.
For the name "MHMD", which is an Arab name the correct form is Muhammad, bkos in Arabic language there are only three vowels viz a, i, u
For the name "’BRHM", which is a Hebrew name, Abraham is biblical Hebrew bkos unlike modern Hebrew, biblical Hebrew doesn't have v consonant
For the name "YSHW‘", which is a Semitic name, Yeshua is Aramaic(the Hebrew form is Yoshua). Jesus is the Greek form of Yeshua, kos Greek doesn't have the sh sound, and all Greek names must end in s, which Latin also borrowed too.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Usonkwu: 8:58am On Nov 27, 2021
chiefobdk2:
please stop talking nonsense..

No really. I have listened to Igwe Orizu pronounce his name. He said 'Ohizu'. You Nnewi indigenes(espescially those sojourning in Lagos) should pay more attention to what is left of your old tongue and preserve it.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by maestroferddi: 9:05am On Nov 27, 2021
Awkabigboy:

Anambra and others , nothing like imo here, imo falls under others
You are a big disgrace.

Una go die on top Igbo matter.

We know better now...The Igbos are one indivisible nation.

The more you try to sow seeds of division, the higher we soar as a special people favoured by the Almighty!

You go figure ...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Awkabigboy: 9:37am On Nov 27, 2021
maestroferddi:
You are a big disgrace.

Una go die on top Igbo matter.

We know better now...The Igbos are one indivisible nation.

The more you try to sow seeds of division, the higher we soar as a special people favoured by the Almighty!

You go figure ...
See this stupid imo boy that has been insulting my Anambra, you're tired now bc I have been given it hot to you abi? Ndo tongue
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by xangerar: 9:39am On Nov 27, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Stephen is a total misnomer.

Steven is the right word

You did not get that right. Stephen is the Greek original of the name. Steven is the alternative American variant of the name.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 27, 2021
Usonkwu:

No really. I have listened to Igwe Orizu pronounce his name. He said 'Ohizu'. You Nnewi indigenes(espescially those sojourning in Lagos) should pay more attention to what is left of your old tongue and preserve it.

You don't know what you are saying neither do you hear clearly what he is pronouncing. Even Theresa Onuora is from Nnewi south, Unubi to be precise. It is Orizu not Ohizu. The r factor is there as even their cultural organization is Nzuko Ora Nnewi and not Nzuko Oha Nnewi.

Stop talking nonsense.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Fejoku: 9:59am On Nov 27, 2021
[s]
MelesZenawi:

You don't know what you are saying neither do you hear clearly what he is pronouncing. Even Theresa Onuora is from Nnewi south, Unubi to be precise. It is Orizu not Ohizu. The r factor is there as even their cultural organization is Nzuko Ora Nnewi and not Nzuko Oha Nnewi.

Stop talking nonsense.
[/s]
A slimy snake like you shouldn't be allowed in any Igbo thread. You know nothing and should learn to shut up in such discussions.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 27, 2021
Fejoku:
[s][/s]
A slimy snake like you shouldn't be allowed in any Igbo thread. You know nothing and should learn to shut up in such discussions.

I don't discuss omambala ethnic issues with strangers.

Next.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Fejoku: 10:05am On Nov 27, 2021
MelesZenawi:

I don't discuss omambala ethnic issues with strangers.

Next.
Mohammed or Muhammad, which is the correct one?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Usonkwu: 10:06am On Nov 27, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Stop talking nonsense.

I want to respond to you but don't know how. Anyway, prove to me u are truly Nnewi son of the soil by replying in core Nnewi dialect.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by BKayy: 10:30am On Nov 27, 2021
cheruv:

When you give example to back up your point, be sure that your examples when analysed doesn't counter your argument.
For the name "MHMD", which is an Arab name the correct form is Muhammad, bkos in Arabic language there are only three vowels viz a, i, u
For the name "’BRHM", which is a Hebrew name, Abraham is biblical Hebrew bkos unlike modern Hebrew, biblical Hebrew doesn't have v consonant
For the name "YSHW‘", which is a Semitic name, Yeshua is Aramaic(the Hebrew form is Yoshua). Jesus is the Greek form of Yeshua, kos Greek doesn't have the sh sound, and all Greek names must end in s, which Latin also borrowed too.
Ndi mmadụ sef.

Please read from the Jews abeg. I no get time to teach somebody something he won't pay me for.
If you can pay my retainer, I might decide to make an exception.
But for now, manage this limited information
https://www.jewishvoice.org/learn/who-is-yeshua

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by AjaanaOka(m): 10:36am On Nov 27, 2021
Usonkwu:

I want to respond to you but don't know how. Anyway, prove to me u are truly Nnewi son of the soil by replying in core Nnewi dialect.

Nnaa, with time you might discover that it is not everybody you should engage in arguments on this platform. Some know next to nothing about what they are saying, but will argue and fight with you who are actually far better informed than them on the subject.

Much of Anambra South actually uses 'h' instead of 'r' in many words, in their original dialects. It is the rise of Onitsha dialect as a prestige dialect and a dialect that came to stand for sophistication and advancement, that led to many communities that fell within the orbit of Onitsha re-writing and sometimes even mispronouncing words to conform with the 'Onitsha standard'.

Apart from Orizu being Ohizu in the Nnewi dialect, I have been informed by a man from Uruagu-Nnewi that the name of the quarter is actually Uhuagu when pronounced in the dialect of the Nnewi people. The nearby town of Oraeri is also pronounced Ohaehi by the older generation.

Theresa Onuora's surname is Onuora, but going by the fact that she comes from Unubi, near Nnewi in Anambra South, I won't be surprised if this is yet another example of 'Onitshanization', and it won't surprise me if the name in true Unubi dialect were Onuoha.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by BKayy: 10:43am On Nov 27, 2021
Usonkwu:

He is an Aboki. Everybody knows him here.
His own mission on Nairaland is to instigate statetism among Ndigbo by claiming Anambra but when matters like this arise, he gives himself out because it requires deep understanding to participate in.
Almost all of Anambra South use "h" instead of "r"
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 27, 2021
Usonkwu:

Lol

Dialect mbok, I am telling you that you should listen clearly next time. You might have condition your ear to Ohizu but it is Orizu. Moreover many aside them also answers same name. You are really wrong on this one.

It is more saying they will say "Otu ihe ahu "instead of their dialect " ofu Ife afu"

You are making loads of mistake and stop arguing with authority on this issues.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 27, 2021
AjaanaOka:

Nnaa, with time you might discover that it is not everybody you should engage in arguments on this platform. Some know next to nothing about what they are saying, but will argue and fight with you who are actually far better informed than them on the subject.

Much of Anambra South actually uses 'h' instead of 'r' in many words, in their original dialects. It is the rise of Onitsha dialect as a prestige dialect and a dialect that came to stand for sophistication and advancement, that led to many communities that fell within the orbit of Onitsha re-writing and sometimes even mispronouncing words to conform with the 'Onitsha standard'.

Apart from Orizu being Ohizu in the Nnewi dialect, I have been informed by a man from Uruagu-Nnewi that the name of the quarter is actually Uhuagu when pronounced in the dialect of the Nnewi people. The nearby town of Oraeri is also pronounced Ohaehi by the older generation.

Theresa Onuora's surname is Onuora, but going by the fact that she comes from Unubi, near Nnewi in Anambra South, I won't be surprised if this is yet another example of 'Onitshanization', and it won't surprise me if the name in true Unubi dialect were Onuoha.

Fallacy arguementatum

Obiora should also be Obioha...lolz

Petty submission. Ikeora should ikeoha.

Ofia should be ohia and so on.

Nonsense and Ingredient.

Your submission is full of ignorance
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by BKayy: 10:55am On Nov 27, 2021
fergie001:

He was criticising the guy that there is nothing like Ezeh. Don't read meanings into his meanings.

I wasn't talking about meanings but that there is something like Ezeh.

I know him up to his father's house in Uturu and know his 82-year old father answers Ezeh.

I don't see Ezeh having a different meaning from Eze but know that people answer the name.

Please, you people should not confuse yourselves with spelling.
Let me explain with examples
1. Awkuzu---Ọka Ụzụ
2. Orji----Ọjị̀
3. Ezeh--Eze
4. Udeh--Ude
5. Nzukor--Nzụkọ
6. Amawbia---Ama Ọbịa
7. Ubah---Uba

Do you people get where I am driving at?

Unlike Onuora and Onuoha, the pronounciations of what I listed above are the same just that spelling differed. The difference in spelling is as a result of how well the writer knows the Igbo language.
Technically, it is very rare for a consonant to end Igbo word.

Let me explain further.
Look at the names below and notice if there is any difference
1. Onuoha---Onuohah
2. Onuora---Onuorah

Any difference in pronounciations of the two dialects?

If "Ezeh/Ezeh" being the same in all dialect is to be written in Igbo Language, the spelling will be "Eze"

So Ezeh, Ubah, Udeh are all wrong spellings.

cc Homeboiy, wordcat and Fallenshithole
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Usonkwu: 10:56am On Nov 27, 2021
BKayy:

He is an Aboki. Everybody knows him here.
His own mission on Nairaland is to instigate statetism among Ndigbo by claiming Anambra but when matters like this arise, he gives himself out because it requires deep understanding to participate in.
Almost all of Anambra South use "h" instead of "r"

Well, I believe in giving people benefit of doubt, this being a faceless forum and all. I know him well. Can't imagine throwing IDENNA a similar challenge and he runs. Really, I hope Meleszawani(sounds Arabic?) redeems his bad reputation.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 27, 2021
BKayy:

Please, you people should not confuse yourselves with spelling.
Let me explain with examples
1. Awkuzu---Ọka Ụzụ
2. Orji----Ọjị̀
3. Ezeh--Eze
4. Udeh--Ude
5. Nzukor--Nzụkọ
6. Amawbia---Ama Ọbịa
7. Ubah---Uba

Do you people get where I am driving at?

Unlike Onuora and Onuoha, the pronounciations of what I listed above are the same just that spelling differed. The difference in spelling is as a result of how well the writer knows the Igbo language.
Technically, it is very rare for a consonant to end Igbo word.

Let me explain further.
Look at the names below and notice if there is any difference
1. Onuoha---Onuohah
2. Onuora---Onuorah

Any difference in pronounciations of the two dialects?

If "Ezeh/Ezeh" being the same in all dialect is to be written in Igbo Language, the spelling will be "Eze"

So Ezeh, Ubah, Udeh are all wrong spellings.

cc Homeboiy, wordcat and Fallenshithole

This rubbish "onuohah doesn't exist"

Fullstop.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by BKayy: 11:00am On Nov 27, 2021
Usonkwu:

Well, I believe in giving people benefit of doubt, this being a faceless forum and all. I know him well. Can't imagine throwing IDENNA a similar challenge and he runs. Really, I hope Meleszawani(sounds Arabic?) redeems his bad reputation.
No it not about the etymology of his current moniker.
He is the same person as Juliusmalema, Osagyefo and other countless monikers he uses to preach statetism, anti self determination and Pro APC in Igboland.

I think his employers believe that if Ndigbo are not united that they will remain in Nigeria like others.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 27, 2021
Usonkwu:

Yo haven't really thrown any questions but kudos for carpeting that bkayy with your response.

It shows a sound mind is on the thread and not emotionally wrecked idiiotts.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by BKayy: 11:04am On Nov 27, 2021
MelesZenawi:

This rubbish "onuohah doesn't exist"

Fullstop.
Aboki, you are too dull to be in this propaganda business.

For the Igbo people that don't understand the part.
It is an illustration to show that I can add "h" to the back like other Igbo names with wrong spelling like Ubah, Ezeh, etc and they will sound the same as the one with correct spelling like Uba, Eze etc

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by esnbrutality: 11:06am On Nov 27, 2021
Senseless uncircumcised miscreant...even if you like do all you can to be IGBO...we have the exclusive right to determine if you are or not...and we have explicitly confirmed that you are an uncircumcised miscreant, that slams "its" head facing Medina. You can never be IGBO...Spits!!

MelesZenawi:

Yo haven't really thrown any questions but kudos for carpeting that bkayy with your response.

It shows a sound is on the thread and not emotionally wrecked idiiotts.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 27, 2021
BKayy:

Aboki, you are too dull to be in this propaganda business.

For the Igbo people that don't understand the part.
It is an illustration to show that I can add "h" to the back like other Igbo names with wrong spelling like Ubah, Ezeh, etc and they will sound the same as the one with correct spelling like Uba, Eze etc

Well I have no business with the Onuoha of a thing...next.

My interest is in Onuora. Case closed.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by BKayy: 11:12am On Nov 27, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Well I have no business with the Onuoha of a thing...next.

My interest is in Onuora. Case closed.
Georgina Onuoha.
Have you heard about her? She is also from Anambra

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgina_Onuoha

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by fergie001: 11:14am On Nov 27, 2021
BKayy:
Noted.......I am not on wrong or right.

Just that there is something like Ezeh. Tbh, his family is the only one I have seen bear the name.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by Usonkwu: 11:16am On Nov 27, 2021
AjaanaOka:

Right?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by BKayy: 11:17am On Nov 27, 2021
fergie001:

Noted.......I am not on wrong or right.

Just that there is something like Ezeh.
I don't doubt that. The spelling exists but me and you know that the "h" at the back means nothing.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by BKayy: 11:20am On Nov 27, 2021
SlayerForever:
People who are arguing the difference are not Igbos.
One idiot thinks want to use it as something to tear anambra from the other Igbo nation forgetting that there is another Anambra born celebrity with the other version Onuoha.
That is Georgina Onuoha
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgina_Onuoha

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Difference Between Onuora And Onuoha? Are They The Same? by fergie001: 11:20am On Nov 27, 2021
BKayy:

I don't doubt that. The spelling exists but me and you know that the "h" at the back means nothing.
I believe so......I have a friend whose surname is expected to be Kachi or so.....They are from Awka and a very big family.

Their surname is Katchy (and their children bear same), but we also know nothing like that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Is An Hausa Man Not Coming Out For President: Are they Fulani slaves / Enough Is Enough Mega Protest To Hit Abuja / Nigerian Presidency And Turn-by-turn Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.