Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Did You Ever Read The Constitution Of Your Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did You Ever Read The Constitution Of Your Country (624 Views)

Tinubu Begins Constitution Of Cabinet, Economic Management Team / Army Generals Pledge Loyalty To The Constitution Of Nigeria / Buhari Has Insulted The Constitution – Agbakoba Reacts To Cjn’s Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Ever Read The Constitution Of Your Country by Nobody: 10:46pm On Nov 26, 2021
I must confess I have never read or even think of reading the constitution of my home country because it is meaningless, the president of my home country does not obey the constitution and nobody does so why would I waste my time reading an irrelevant document and I would tell you what I did read, the constitution of the Federal Republic of Brazil, in fact, I got me a version in English immediately I landed.

The Brazilian constitution is a masterpiece, kudos to the men and women that sat down and created this masterpiece.

In Brazil the constitution is above everyone including the president yes, the constitutional Court(STF) is the highest court in Brazil and they can shut down the president, trust me this means a lot to me because this can't happen in my home country, a judge cant shut down the president of my home country, you dare not because you and your family would be hounded. In fact, once I have a car I would have the Brazilian constitution in my car, so did you ever read the constitution of your home country please share

https://www.walkbrazil4k.com/2021/11/did-you-ever-read-constitution-of-your.html?m=1

Re: Did You Ever Read The Constitution Of Your Country by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:53pm On Nov 26, 2021
It is not useful to me since I no dey for top position angry
One man working at ikeja airport once ask me when we are arguing 2017...
I downloaded the PDF and read it , after Reading it I just know it is meaningless

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Read The Constitution Of Your Country by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 26, 2021
Jamesbiodun:
It is not useful to me since I no dey for top position angry
One man working at ikeja airport once ask me when we are arguing 2017...
I downloaded the PDF and read it , after Reading it I just know it is meaningless

Lol
Re: Did You Ever Read The Constitution Of Your Country by Jamesbiodun(m): 10:59pm On Nov 26, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

Lol
since then when I have an argument with the man I will just tell him to go back to the Nigeria constitution and tell me how it had make any impact or help an average citizen angry no cap
Re: Did You Ever Read The Constitution Of Your Country by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2021
Jamesbiodun:
since then when I have an argument with the man I will just tell him to go back to the Nigeria constitution and tell me how it had make any impact or help an average citizen angry no cap

That's true no be lie

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Read The Constitution Of Your Country by EmmyCC: 11:38pm On Nov 26, 2021
Yes! Especially because of what I scored in school.
Re: Did You Ever Read The Constitution Of Your Country by Blue3k(m): 11:57pm On Nov 26, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

The Brazilian constitution is a masterpiece, kudos to the men and women that sat down and created this masterpiece.

Lol masterpiece indeed.

Re: Did You Ever Read The Constitution Of Your Country by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 27, 2021
Blue3k:

Lol masterpiece indeed.

So?
Re: Did You Ever Read The Constitution Of Your Country by Blue3k(m): 12:28am On Nov 27, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

So?

If it's a master piece why amend it every other day. The US constitution is much better considering it only needed 27 since 1787.
Re: Did You Ever Read The Constitution Of Your Country by Nobody: 1:23am On Nov 27, 2021
I have read both the Nigerian and American constitution. I agree that the Nigerian constitution is not adequate but I wouldn’t regard it as completely useless. It’s mostly useful to avoid getting in trouble and to get PAID which most important.
Re: Did You Ever Read The Constitution Of Your Country by shawnfamous(m): 3:42am On Nov 27, 2021
The constitution is for the big politicians
When did peaceful protest become crime ?
All animals are equal but some are more equal than others
Re: Did You Ever Read The Constitution Of Your Country by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 27, 2021
shawnfamous:
The constitution is for the big politicians
When did peaceful protest become crime ?
All animals are equal but some are more equal than others

Lol, animal farm
Re: Did You Ever Read The Constitution Of Your Country by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 27, 2021
kingawothefirst:
I have read both the Nigerian and American constitution. I agree that the Nigerian constitution is not adequate but I wouldn’t regard it as completely useless. It’s mostly useful to avoid getting in trouble and to get PAID which most important.

Lol, but the president does not respect the constitution na
Re: Did You Ever Read The Constitution Of Your Country by olioxx(m): 5:35pm On Nov 27, 2021
I read the Nigerian Constitution in my Secondary school days during Civic Education class, my teacher asked us to read Section 4 to learn about Human Right as enshrined in the 1999 Constitution, but guess what?? Even Nigerian Government nor dey respect Human Rights of her citizen.
Nigerian Constitution nah SCAM.
Re: Did You Ever Read The Constitution Of Your Country by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 27, 2021
olioxx:
I read the Nigerian Constitution in my Secondary school days during Civic Education class, my teacher asked us to read Section 4 to learn about Human Right as enshrined in the 1999 Constitution, but guess what?? Even Nigerian Government nor dey respect Human Rights of her citizen.
Nigerian Constitution nah SCAM.

Hahaha, what a joke reading about human rights in Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Is Nigeria Not Making Progress? / Kanu’s Trial: IPOB Declares Sit-at-home In South-east On Tuesday3 / What If Amaechi Being The Possible Candidate Is A Smokescreen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.