Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List (26453 Views)

Peter Odili On EFCC Watch List, Immigration Tells Court / $13 Billion Paris Club Refunds: How LINAS, Ned Nwoko Were Threatened / ₦243.8 Billion Paris Club Refund Shared Among States, See What Each State Got (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by lomprico(m): 12:50pm On Nov 27, 2021
Cantonese:
Oh so truly it is acknowledged that Peter Obi left huge sums in the accounts of the state.

and yet people are calling him all sorts
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by Chikeluba25(m): 12:54pm On Nov 27, 2021
winterfell007:
Peter Obi’s worst mistake was to hand over the state to that drunkard. Who’s made a mess of the effort he made.
Obi was a good economic manager but his successor leaves so much to be desired
Let me help you. Peter Obi's worst
mistake was to hand over to a lion in sheep clothing who he think he can control like a popet; so he will be incharge of Anambra till death. But Obiano made him understand the Anambra is not Lagos where one man is the Landlord of the whole ppl including the monarchs.

Till tomorrow I will respect Obiano for the step he made by chosing a technocrat like Soludo to succeed him; knowing fully well that he can't control him. Ndi-Anambra and Ojukwu will always remember him for that good part of him which has never and can never be found in any Nigeria politican.
Thinking Anambra first.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by FreeStuffsNG: 12:55pm On Nov 27, 2021
nzeobi:
There's no way that I will defend a corrupt politican cos he is from my tribe.

Willie you embezzled anambra people's money with little or nothing to show for it. You travelled and spent more time outside Nigeria more than buhari, if it's for fun or health you alone knows without handing over to your deputy thereby halting the flow of governance.

You failed and when it was time to hand over, you started building an airport when the roads built by your successors have started deteriorating.

Please go and explain yourself and if you are innocent you will walk free after all [b]fayose is free [/b]today after all the noise from EFCC.
His case is still ongoing. These guys use a lot of tactics to delay their trial but most times, they get convicted like Dariye, OUK, Igbinedion etc. The best advice to give any public official is never to steal sir. Once you steal, even the civil service will know and treat you as such because you can't steal without the civil service not knowing. I will be very disappointed if HE Obiano actually stole . He appeared very passionate about serving the state and I always see him working whenever news about Anambra is aired on news at 10 on Channels TV. I expect EFCC to do a very thorough job as usual. I agree with you that there's no witch hunting when he is asked to come give account of his 8 years. You are absolutely right sir.
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by lomprico(m): 12:56pm On Nov 27, 2021
Godons1:

This is Onitsha grin

the first pic is abeokuta

second is ebonyi
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by nedekid: 12:56pm On Nov 27, 2021
Major thing I picked from here is Peter Obi and his ability to manage money. The same state his predecessor ran aground, Peter Obi was able to run the state and leave a surplus for his sucessor. You can now see obiano comming from surplus he inherited to deficit.
This same Nigeria, if someone like Obi had handled thesame economy buhari met, this country wount be in the sorry state it is now.
Unfortunately people like Obi may not have the chance due to several reasons, tribe and nopotism included.
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by MERCHANDISER: 12:57pm On Nov 27, 2021
Nigeria is gone
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by treatise: 12:57pm On Nov 27, 2021
MelesZenawi:
If you must come to equity then come with clean hands.

Let Obiano give account of his stewardship to Ndi Anambra.

There is no witch hunting here. Anyone tagging it as witch hunt is characteristic of all Igbos who sense of reasoning is different from intelligence.

After all, Peter Obi gave accounts details whilst handing over.
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by Nedu05: 1:00pm On Nov 27, 2021
Obiano achieved so much than all the governors in igboland.

Obiano built international conference centre, international airport, flyovers, bridges, hospitals, etc. Mention one governor in Nigeria that achieved so feat with the same budget

[s]
nzeobi:
There's no way that I will defend a corrupt politican cos he is from my tribe.

Willie you embezzled anambra people's money with little or nothing to show for it. You travelled and spent more time outside Nigeria more than buhari, if it's for fun or health you alone knows without handing over to your deputy thereby halting the flow of governance.

You failed and when it was time to hand over, you started building an airport when the roads built by your successors have started deteriorating.

Please go and explain yourself and if you are innocent you will walk free after all fayose is free today after all the noise from EFCC.
[/s]
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by fubsy: 1:03pm On Nov 27, 2021
Leadership position should not be a stealing position. If there is need for investigation, he should be investigated. If there is evidence of corrupt enrichment or stealing of money meant for the people of Anambra, then he should be prosecuted. This treatment should be given to all in leadership positions including the ministers.
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by Karmaisme(m): 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2021
AlhajiNatty:
Witch hunting!

Witches are meant to be hunted.
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by nzeobi(m): 1:06pm On Nov 27, 2021
Nedu05:
Obiano achieved so much than all the governors in igboland.

Obiano built international conference centre, international airport, flyovers, bridges, hospitals, etc. Mention one governor in Nigeria that achieved so feat with the same budget

[s][/s]

Tell us what he did in education, agriculture,roads and name a major hospital he built. And tell us why he is still owing gratuity despite the billions of naira and millions of dollars that his successor bequeathed to him.
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by nzeobi(m): 1:09pm On Nov 27, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

His case is still ongoing. These guys use a lot of tactics to delay their trial but most times, they get convicted like Dariye, OUK, Igbinedion etc. The best advice to give any public official is never to steal sir. Once you steal, even the civil service will know and treat you as such because you can't steal without the civil service not knowing. I will be very disappointed if HE Obiano actually stole . He appeared very passionate about serving the state and I always see him working whenever news about Anambra is aired on news at 10 on Channels TV. I expect EFCC to do a very thorough job as usual. I agree with you that there's no witch hunting when he is asked to come give account of his 8 years. You are absolutely right sir.

Don't judge governors by what you see on media cos most times it's propaganda except if you are on ground.
Though I shouldn't be having this argument with you cos you are APC paid zom.ie
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by Nedu05: 1:11pm On Nov 27, 2021
Anambra school girls won Technovation in America among others. Obiano did roads, flyovers, bridges, etc. Obiano took agriculture to another level, today Anambra has commercial rice farms, etc

Pictures of the one of many hospitals built by Obiano

nzeobi:

Tell us what he did in education, agriculture,roads and name a major hospital he built

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by SATANlST: 1:13pm On Nov 27, 2021
i have contested for senator 2 times and i must say if you are a politician in naija , u deserve to steal as much as possible. the way my family was threatened eh, if i won, i will have made sure all of them loot till there is nothing to loot
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by Don27tiky(m): 1:14pm On Nov 27, 2021
gentiles:
Yoruba muslims are obviously jealous of Obiano's achievement, most especially the airport project, Very shameless people.
people like you are the reason corruption prevails. Why defend what you are not sure of
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by BJanta: 1:15pm On Nov 27, 2021
Kwanza:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/how-n17bn-paris-club-refund-landed-obiano-on-efccs-watch-list/%3famp

It's not any #17billion loot. It's APC's loot. They want to loot him as they looted some governors from PDP. They want him in APC to help them win the Southeast come 2023. They've discovered that Andy Uba is a weightless politician among the Ibos. Obi, join them, and when they fall asleep, japa fast.
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by jaiyeoriestyle: 1:15pm On Nov 27, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_NoFo1O21k
Ozinna Bukola Seotan - Olamidun Majekodunmi Debo Ogundoyin traditional wedding after party
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by GoodGovernance: 1:15pm On Nov 27, 2021
MelesZenawi:
If you must come to equity then come with clean hands.

Let Obiano give account of his stewardship to Ndi Anambra.

There is no witch hunting here. Anyone tagging it as witch hunt is characteristic of all Igbos who sense of reasoning is different from intelligence.

Yeah,let the "witch hunted" defend himself.

Witch hunting is a very wicked defence!

Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 27, 2021
flokii:
Over #17billion mismanaged just like that.. yet you wonder why South East is in the sorry state it is now.

They'll never hold their leaders accountable for the monies and allocations their states receive monthly, instead they gather to cry witchhunt and play victims whereas they go about attacking Tinubu, Ganduje and leaders of other regions.

Their #EndBadGovernance is for Lagos, not their backward impoverished states in South East.

Come back to us when your state government builds an international airport the like of Anambra
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by nzeobi(m): 1:20pm On Nov 27, 2021
Nedu05:
Anambra school girls won Technovation in America among others. Obiano did roads, flyovers, bridges, etc. Obiano took agriculture to another level, today Anambra has commercial rice farms, etc

Pictures of the one of many hospitals built by Obiano

Is this the best a governor can do after eight years.
name 10 roads he did in anambra south and central in 8 years.
As for agriculture it was anambra citizens who invested back home on their own or can you tell us how he impacted on it.
What special thing did he do in education cos I know that his successors gave buses, employed teachers, equipped laboratories,paid pensions and gratuity on time

1 Like

Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by Chikeluba25(m): 1:24pm On Nov 27, 2021
nzeobi:

As for agriculture it was anambra citizens who invested back home on their own or can you tell us how he impacted on it.
What special thing did he do in education cos I know that his successors gave buses, employed teachers, equipped laboratories,paid pensions and gratuity on time
No. He is expected to make zombies like you have sence. If your state government did their job well in terms of education... You won't be here beating ur chest when you have not won ordinary church quizze award not to talk of Technovation award.
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by nzeobi(m): 1:35pm On Nov 27, 2021
Chikeluba25:

No. He is expected to make zombies like you have sence. If your state government did their job well in terms of education... You won't be here beating ur chest when you have not won ordinary church quizze award not to talk of Technovation award.

Name one of his policies to improve education. Am from anambra and I live here incase you don't know
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by stayclearofme: 1:37pm On Nov 27, 2021
AlhajiNatty:
Witch hunting!
Typical Nigerian
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by SirBunky85(m): 1:39pm On Nov 27, 2021
Kwanza:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/how-n17bn-paris-club-refund-landed-obiano-on-efccs-watch-list/%3famp

I believe the state commissioner for information. How can you place obiano on a watch list for embezzlement yet,you live my ex governor, TA Orji and current governor-okezie Ikpeazu who has virtually done nothing with all the money at his disposal?
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by Nedu05: 1:40pm On Nov 27, 2021
Stop spewing this bitter fool, I thought you said he didn't do anything.

I challenge you to name 5 governors with similar budgets that achieved as much as Obiano that built international airport, international conference centre stadium, flyovers, roads, hospitals, etc.

[s]
nzeobi:

[/s]
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by matm: 1:45pm On Nov 27, 2021
firstly investigate governors who refused to pay ordinary salary with the bail out fund.Obiano owes no worker any salary.
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by matm: 1:45pm On Nov 27, 2021
firstly investigate governors who refused to pay ordinary salary with the bail out fund.Obiano owes no one.
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by FreeStuffsNG: 1:48pm On Nov 27, 2021
nzeobi:

Don't judge governors by what you see on media cos most times it's propaganda except if you are on ground.
Though I shouldn't be having this argument with you cos you are APC paid zom.ie
I am not surprised by your comments. Since leadership is beans to you, why don't you offer to serve. Governance is serious business and more than keyboard activism. My faith makes it compulsory for me to pray for those God has placed in authority(Romans 13:1) and if wishing them well and recognising them offends you, I am so so sorry, I can't help you or cure you of your hatred, bigotry and bitterness.
May God bless Nigeria.
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by nzeobi(m): 1:49pm On Nov 27, 2021
Nedu05:
Stop spewing this bitter fool, I thought you said he didn't do anything.

I challenge you to name 5 governors with similar budgets that achieved as much as Obiano that built international airport, international conference centre stadium, flyovers, roads, hospitals, etc.

[s][/s]

And you are not telling us the amount he inherited and the dept he is living behind
Re: ₦17 Billion Paris Club Refund Landed Obiano On EFCC’s Watch List by Jacksparrow7(m): 1:54pm On Nov 27, 2021
EFCC grin, you let person have money in peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oladejo: Tinubu’s False Age, Educational Qualification Accusations Unjustifiable / #ministerial List Trending On Twitter. (screenshots) / Nigeria Decides : Share A Picture Of You And Your Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.