Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian (29400 Views)

What City In Nigeria Today Is The Most Suitable For Vacation And Fun? / Man Finds Dead Eagle With GPS Device, Show All Countries It Visited In 1year(Pic / Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by redcliff: 4:28pm On Dec 07, 2021
Charles61:
All these copy and paste bloggers grin. With no adequate research. Imagine talking about South Cyprus. Do you know that South Cyprus minimum wage is higher than Greece who is in Schengen country region.

South Cyprus (800 euro)
Greece (400)

My Greece colleague at work in south Cyprus told me, and this is the guy who had 7.6 in Electrical electronic and MBA in UK, so he had to run to South Cyprus for job.

Oga Romanian, Greece, bulgeria and UK are the major European workers in south Cyprus presently.

I had the best MBA which your country could not give to me, infact your number university no near my university in ranking. 450 in the world.

I payed all my expenses with my part time job, and still send little I can to my family.

Una go dey do copy and paste without adequate research. While foreign blogger would take there time to travel, get an adequate fact.

Nigeria ehenn. God will help our bloggers

minimum wage of 800 is pauper's wage. thats 2 days of expert pay day job in central europe. so if he includes south cyprus, then south cyprus it is..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by ednut1(m): 4:32pm On Dec 07, 2021
heniford2:
stop spilling shit some country don't even know Nigeria exist
i stated blacks didn’t i In thailand, cambodia and many asian countries they know igbo men . Once they see your name as igbo you be suspect. Why not go to Tajikistan as black man lets see how you fare

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by Nnamdinaija(m): 4:32pm On Dec 07, 2021
DSC7:

Well who no go no go know sha....

If not for our visionless leaders Nigeria is supposed to be among the world powers....

Stop speaking ill of ur dear country, remember no place like home ...

If living there is that stress free even when you are wealthy,, none of our A-Lists celebrities will still be in Nigeria....

God Bless Nigeria.....

Where do your A-list celebrities make their money? In which country are they relevant? Is it not in Nigeria? Between your office and your home, where do you spend most of your day time? Nigeria is the office/shop while U.S and Switzerland is the home.

Most people make their money here but their home is in European and U.S countries. Same thing applies to your leaders and that is why they don't care about Nigeria because they go to office (that is Nigeria) only to make the money, after you gather the money from the office, you spend the money arranging and tidying your home. Many people will use one chair in their office for years even after it is worn out but will mend or replace the chairs in their home immediately it is dainty.

So in the case of your leaders and your A-list celebrities, Nigeria is their office while U.S, Switzerland, etc is their home. Same applies to many wealthy Nigerians in this country. That is why all their children are home outside Nigeria while they themselves are in the office (Nigeria) making the money to send home.

Mind you, some Nigerians working abroad are working there because they need an economy where their savings will not be depreciating in value due to poor economy rather where their savings will remain of value and keeps appreciating and increasing over Naira after which they will later come back to Nigeria, with the huge sum saved, they will open their business/office here in Nigeria and utilize Nigeria's large population and unstable currency to expand their business. Simple wisdom.

While some people, when they travel out, they get carried away by the buzzing lifestyle there. They will want to buy and put on every clothes and shoes they see over there thereby having little or no savings over the years to bring down to Nigeria as business capital. For instance, in about every 2 months. they will buy 3 pairs of jeans trousers at once for about 150 dollars each, amounting to 450 dollars and you know the value in Naira, added to other things they will still buy to keep up to the city life. Same thing happens to some people living in the cities here in Nigeria. Show-off of the city life has made them not be able to boast of a single block talk more of a zinc house built by them.

Thanks.

8 Likes

Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by cooltola(m): 4:33pm On Dec 07, 2021
Before you travel or japa, ask yourself the following questions

How will I find shelter or place to sleep abroad? Homeless is not fainted hearted, you do not want to be homeless in a very cold country e.g RUSSIA
will my friends or family members that are planning to stay with betray me? e.g will they kick me out from their homes?
What work will I find or how do I find money in this new environment?

1 Like

Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by BJanta: 4:33pm On Dec 07, 2021
Saynoomore:

A majority, just like you, are getting the point entirely wrong! The desperation to leave the country, does not only stem from the desire for greener pastures or wealth, but for social security, feeling of safety, access to basic amenities, social welfare, quality healthcare etc. These basic amenities are increasingly getting out of the reach of not just ordinary Nigerians, but also out of the reach of even wealthy Nigerians as evidenced by the rich members of the society travelling out of the country for medical reasons! For others, the political instability and frequent terrorism from UGM, kidnappings, banditry, herdsmen, etc, raise fears for the future of the country and they want to get their children out of this hell-hole as fast as they possibly can.

So, it's not just for the money and good jobs! It's for the feeling of security, safety, and the assurance that they are in a society that works - one where they can find justice should they decide to seek justice for any reason! Overall, peace and security remains on priority list of most japa enthusiasts, before wealth and monetary gains. Only war torn countries are facing the kinds of challenges many Nigerians are currently battling with. Such countries should be avoided at all costs.

The worst insecurity is poverty and joblessness rolled into one ,because hunger, sickness, frustration, vexation loneliness, despair, depression, delusion and possibly of death will now become your constant companion. The guy is only helping you, but if don't the help ,you can go find out yourself. Then you'll find Nigeria out to be heaven.

9 Likes

Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by fisayodayo: 4:34pm On Dec 07, 2021
I'm going for my Msc in UK next year January. Now, I heard that they have banned Nigerians from traveling to the UK. But, I'm still very hopeful that the ban will soon be lifted. Please, do anyone knows about work and study in Southampton UK?
Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by doggedfighter(f): 4:38pm On Dec 07, 2021
heniford2:
stop spilling shit some country don't even know Nigeria exist

Nice reply.
Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by Rree: 4:38pm On Dec 07, 2021
True
Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by SageTravels: 4:45pm On Dec 07, 2021
Nice one
Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by heniford2: 4:56pm On Dec 07, 2021
doggedfighter:

Nice reply.
some of them keep asking if Nigeria is the whole Africa

1 Like

Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by Explorers(m): 4:56pm On Dec 07, 2021
nzeobi:
Lol you can still make money and be madly rich in any country if you are blessed and favoured.

I know a man who contested the just conducted governorship election in anambra and was in the top 6. He made his money from Congo and is now a big player in the oil industry

The most important about going abroad is that you have people who are doing well in the country if not you will suffer be it USA, Canada or Denmark

Favoured

Im with you sir

2 Likes

Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by Scottz: 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2021
adeakin:
Unfortunately people will still go to these countries believing their case will be different. Some people are currently heading to libya via agadez right now. Despite all the instability and slavery there. Immigration today is not what it used to be. White women that usually marry Nigerians so they can get papers are reducing by the numbers too. Think am well before you japa
make I burst your head I have at least one person living in all the countries he mentioned they are doing well they are working legitimately and earning well enjoying life. E no work for u no mean say e no go work for me too Nigerians gats de understand this logic o

2 Likes

Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by AfonjaConehead: 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2021
Abeg any country but naijiriya!!!
See Lagos for example,touts agberoes are the ones controlling transport fares, nowadays,just so the get a higher owomida from drivers/conductors!!!
They've not gotten to the stage that these agberoes and other area boys and lastma officials now target private vehicles and citizens for extortion!
I hustle at sea and I came back to see the usual Nepa blackout everyday,what kinda life is that!?!?
You wanna buy something in the market whose price range is say,#50k - #60k and the seller will tell you #150k!!...so you be confused and afraid and settle for maybe #80k!!! Everybody has now become a thief I. This naija! APC have turned Nigerians to hungry, frustrated, corrupt monsters!!!!
APC will never escape God's judgement.

6 Likes

Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by Aboguede(m): 5:35pm On Dec 07, 2021
Manlikechoba:

Thanks brother

But can I easily move from there to another country cause some countries it's difficult to move to another country

Photo
Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by MiracleMe7: 5:37pm On Dec 07, 2021
Charles61:
All these copy and paste bloggers grin. With no adequate research. Imagine talking about South Cyprus. Do you know that South Cyprus minimum wage is higher than Greece who is in Schengen country region.

South Cyprus (800 euro)
Greece (400)

My Greece colleague at work in south Cyprus told me, and this is the guy who had 7.6 in Electrical electronic and MBA in UK, so he had to run to South Cyprus for job.

Oga Romanian, Greece, bulgeria and UK are the major European workers in south Cyprus presently.

I had the best MBA which your country could not give to me, infact your number university no near my university in ranking. 450 in the world.

I payed all my expenses with my part time job, and still send little I can to my family.

Una go dey do copy and paste without adequate research. While foreign blogger would take there time to travel, get an adequate fact.

Nigeria ehenn. God will help our bloggers
Sharrraaap there you are a big liar.
There is no job in south Cyprus. A country that only depends on tourism. No atom of mineral resources in SC.

No industries or manufacturing companies in South Cyprus.
The only job you can get there is hotel and restaurant jobs, but this is strictly only in summer because that is only when their hotels and restaurants business boom due to influx of tourist in the country during summer.

How could their minimum wage become 800euros? A lot of Cypriots work in Australia and other developed countries because the economy of the country is raped.

South Cyprus was deceived to enter the EU so that European Union will help them fight Turkey that occupies their north territory. But they were disappointed when they found out that the EU deceived them.

South Cyprus is not a go area for any genuine hustlers I will not even advise my worst enemy to go to South Cyprus. The most racist people on earth. The locals (Cypriots) are still living primitive life. And you dare not toast there women or else you will receive it hot from their men or police.

Most Africans especially Nigerians go after other European women for marriage to get their yellow slip (Residency permit) but not Cypriot women.

Please stop this lie or I will counter every lie you put on here just to trick people to go waste their hard-earned money in SC.

I still have some friends that have been in SC for close to 15yrs but never achieved any single project back home. No wife, no children, no money while their age is the middle 40s and another 50s.

South Cyprus is good for transit, obtaining a student visa after one semester go to another better European country, or you get married to a European woman to get a "yellow slip" ( yellow slip is a residency permit issue to those that marry European women in SC ) that is how Nigerians do it over there.

Please don't go to South Cyprus if you are not buoyant enough, it is not a place of legit hustling. Don't mind what this poster placed here, I suspect he is into agency, deceiving/luring people to come to Cyprus then later you will regret it when you might have been there.

Student are not even allowed to work during school period. It's only in summer that students are allowed to work. If immigration catches you working during school hour you will be deported.

The locals (Cypriots) are complaining that the foreigners are taking their hotels & restaurants jobs during summer.

Please don't go to Cyprus to suffer!!! I repeat it again, don't go to Cyprus to suffer!!!

You better stay in Nigeria and invest the money by God's grace you will laugh at last.

I have never seen a Nigerian living abroad that is a billionaire.
Otedola, Dangote, Adenuga, Okoya, Peter Obi, Adeleke, Indimi, Cubana, etc they did not make their money abroad.

Abroad is only good if you want to enjoy social amenities and to give your children quality education.
But when it comes to making money, you will make it easier in Nigeria to abroad.

But most importantly pray and seek God's direction before you make the move to travel, some guys are not destined to make it abroad.

Good luck to my brothers and sisters!
May God's mercy and grace always locate us. Amen!

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by Aboguede(m): 5:44pm On Dec 07, 2021
Very clean u don’t know quite re say!

Photo shocked

Imagine long list of nonsense and wrong information

Nobi juju b dat grin

GeneralDae:

Many go to bed hungry yet we have many who can buy their own lands and build their own houses. Some have thriving businesses with their own home and cars yet abandon all to go abroad where they do menial jobs.
Listen, the problem with Nigerian economy is that there is no access to constant electricity and pipeborne water, which is available to all (including the very poor) in most of Europe and U.S.
Aside that, we have Nigerian middle class/ high middle class who can afford to build their homes and even send their children to school abroad with school fees as high as 10 -20 million naira.
How many oyibo high middle class fit boast of 20 million naira for their account to pay at once?
Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 07, 2021
Scottz:
make I burst your head I have at least one person living in all the countries he mentioned they are doing well they are working legitimately and earning well enjoying life. E no work for u no mean say e no go work for me too Nigerians gats de understand this logic o
doing drugs and yahoo lol

1 Like

Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by Charles61: 6:30pm On Dec 07, 2021
MiracleMe7:

Sharrraaap there you are a big liar.
There is no job in south Cyprus. A country that only depends on tourism. No atom of mineral resources in SC. How could their minimum wage become 800euros? A lot of Cypriots work in Australia and other developed countries because the economy of the country is raped.
South Cyprus was deceived to enter the EU so that European Union will help them fight Turkey that occupies their north territory. But they were disappointed when they found out that the EU deceived them.
South Cyprus is not a go area for any genuine hustlers I will not even advise my worst enemy to go to South Cyprus. The most racist people on earth.

Please stop this lie or I will counter every lie you put on here just to trick people to go waste their hard-earned money in SC.

I still have some friends that have been in SC for close to 15yrs but never achieved any single project back home. No wife, no children, no money while their age is the middle 40s and another 50s.

South Cyprus is good for transit, obtaining a student visa after one semester go to another better European country, or you get married to a European woman to get a "yellow slip" ( yellow slip is a residency permit issue to those that marry European women in SC ) that is how Nigerians do it over there.

Please don't go to South Cyprus if you are not buoyant enough, it is not a place of legit hustling. Don't mind what this poster placed here, I suspect he is into agency, deceiving/luring people to come to Cyprus then later you will regret it when you might have been there.

You better stay in Nigeria and invest the money by God's grace you will laugh at last.

I have never seen a Nigerian living abroad that is a billionaire.
Otedola, Dangote, Adenuga, Okoya, Peter Obi, Adeleke, Indimi, Cubana, etc they did not make their money abroad.

Abroad is only good if you want to enjoy social amenities and to give your children quality education.
But when it comes to making money, you will make it easier in Nigeria to abroad.

But most importantly pray and seek God's direction before you make the move to travel, some guys are not destined to make it abroad.

Good luck to my brothers and sisters!
May God's mecy and grace always locate us. Amen!

Very funny,
People like you always have someone there, I have a friend there, I have a brother their. Lie upon lie.

Oga, if the minimum wages is your problem. Go fight Cyprus government that have a good plan for her citizens.

Nigerian with I have someone there for over 100years . Super story �
Mumu.

Mumu, talking about dangote, who among those rich people. Gave there kids Nigeria education?

By God grace, my goal was achieved. I went to 401-500 ranking university in the world. Which I have never regretted for one minute.
Can you give me any of your country university that is in number 900-1000 in the world ranking?

Mr super story, � please do you have any sister that have stayed in SC for 20 years?

2 Likes

Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by YeyeGbami: 6:42pm On Dec 07, 2021
nzeobi:
Lol you can still make money and be madly rich in any country if you are blessed and favoured.

I know a man who contested the just conducted governorship election in anambra and was in the top 6. He made his money from Congo and is now a big player in the oil industry

The most important about going abroad is that you have people who are doing well in the country if not you will suffer be it USA, Canada or Denmark

You’re right. I think the most important thing nowadays regarding migration is that you need to bring something to the table. Most top countries will snatch you if are literate and you can use your hands.

They don’t need someone who is coming to become a liability.

1 Like

Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by YeyeGbami: 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2021
Saynoomore:

A majority, just like you, are getting the point entirely wrong! The desperation to leave the country, does not only stem from the desire for greener pastures or wealth, but for social security, feeling of safety, access to basic amenities, social welfare, quality healthcare etc. These basic amenities are increasingly getting out of the reach of not just ordinary Nigerians, but also out of the reach of even wealthy Nigerians as evidenced by the rich members of the society travelling out of the country for medical reasons! For others, the political instability and frequent terrorism from UGM, kidnappings, banditry, herdsmen, etc, raise fears for the future of the country and they want to get their children out of this hell-hole as fast as they possibly can.

So, it's not just for the money and good jobs! It's for the feeling of security, safety, and the assurance that they are in a society that works - one where they can find justice should they decide to seek justice for any reason! Overall, peace and security remains on priority list of most japa enthusiasts, before wealth and monetary gains. Only war torn countries are facing the kinds of challenges many Nigerians are currently battling with. Such countries should be avoided at all costs.

NOTHING BUT THE FU$KING TRUTH

Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by tctrills: 6:49pm On Dec 07, 2021
Blurpy:
The average Nigerian looks at any country that's not in Africa as better than Nigeria. This is not true, however living in Nigeria is easier and better than living in some of these countries abroad. The harsh living conditions, racism, scarce jobs, no one would tell you to run back home. I'm an active supporter of JAPA group but japa must be done with adequate and meticulous PLANNING coupled with self research on the internet, join forums , get information. Don't just leave everything into someone's hand especially a Non-regulated travel agent.

These countries are in no particular order.
Azerbaijan: More or less like AZZA-baijan. For the Azza boys. This country is as terrible as it sounds. I have a friend who was swindled by a travel agent to this country because it was in quote "in Europe".

Bulgaria: That a country is in Europe doesn't mean it is good to be in. If you wish to be safe in Europe, stick to the Schengen countries. Bulgaria is in Europe but not a Schengen country. Jobs opportunities are slim here. Money always develop wings like eye lashes.

Cyprus: As easy as admissions can be into this country( especially for Africans), this is not a place to be except you are from the Otedolas and you won't need to hustle while you school abroad. Job opportunities are few, the environment is naturally hard for a hustler in Cyprus.

Kuwait: Not every oil producing country get oil money. Kuwait has consistently been ranked as one of the least in the world for the ease of settling in. Most foreign residents say they do not feel at home. Heavy work with low pay.

Russia: Life can be a bit okay in European Russia (Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Sochi etc ). Many find it hard with weather and you can't live well without speaking Russian. Job opportunities are scarce and your skin colour is also a big factor.

Turkey: Turkey is an awesome place for business and tourism. But not everyone has found this country easy. It is one of the worst countries for foreign families and children. There are no clear pathways to settlement upon graduation. Jobs are scarce and it also reeks of political instability

Notable mentions.
Eastern Europe: Croatia, Moldova, Belarus, Ukraine, Serbia, Albania, Georgia

Asia & Middle East: India, Oman, Vietnam, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and all the stans

Most South American countries including Peru(Peru don dey para)

Ps:- Please note that this list isn't targeted at anyone. That a country is listed doesn't mean you may not be able to survive there. Majority of our data comes from world population rankings and real life experiences.
Igbo boys are doing well in many of these countries notably, Vietnam, India, Turkey and Cyprus. The major challenge is the language.
Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by Tunagee(m): 6:55pm On Dec 07, 2021
Johncables402:

What is your problem with Nigerians who want to leave this hellfire of a country?why are you this wicked? Any country is better than Nigeria right now, and you know we are the most hardworking people and we will become successful in any situation. Stop this negativity.

Truth is bitter. This one never travel out, so he thinks everywhere is rosy, except naija. Dey go you hear!!!!
Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by Charles61: 7:00pm On Dec 07, 2021
Please can you tell us new story about the university too? Or how bad quality there education is? Or how people like us Sponsor ourselves with part time job?

My advice for any Nigerian who have a long term goal of using your certificate to earn better money. Search for good university around Europe. Check on LinkedIn, make research about the country well. Then if you believe you can. Then go for it.

By God's grace. No any Nigerian university graduate or employer would ever down grade my HND never ever again. With this my master.

So say whatsoever your mumu mouth want to say. I have achieved by God's grace what some Nigerian master's students can't achieve in 4 years due to strike in just one year. No strike, no sales of handout, no blackout. With a quality education.

1 Like

Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by Scamburster(m): 7:14pm On Dec 07, 2021
Blurpy:
The average Nigerian looks at any country that's not in Africa as better than Nigeria. This is not true, however living in Nigeria is easier and better than living in some of these countries abroad. The harsh living conditions, racism, scarce jobs, no one would tell you to run back home. I'm an active supporter of JAPA group but japa must be done with adequate and meticulous PLANNING coupled with self research on the internet, join forums , get information. Don't just leave everything into someone's hand especially a Non-regulated travel agent.

These countries are in no particular order.
Azerbaijan: More or less like AZZA-baijan. For the Azza boys. This country is as terrible as it sounds. I have a friend who was swindled by a travel agent to this country because it was in quote "in Europe".

Bulgaria: That a country is in Europe doesn't mean it is good to be in. If you wish to be safe in Europe, stick to the Schengen countries. Bulgaria is in Europe but not a Schengen country. Jobs opportunities are slim here. Money always develop wings like eye lashes.

Cyprus: As easy as admissions can be into this country( especially for Africans), this is not a place to be except you are from the Otedolas and you won't need to hustle while you school abroad. Job opportunities are few, the environment is naturally hard for a hustler in Cyprus.

Kuwait: Not every oil producing country get oil money. Kuwait has consistently been ranked as one of the least in the world for the ease of settling in. Most foreign residents say they do not feel at home. Heavy work with low pay.

Russia: Life can be a bit okay in European Russia (Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Sochi etc ). Many find it hard with weather and you can't live well without speaking Russian. Job opportunities are scarce and your skin colour is also a big factor.

Turkey: Turkey is an awesome place for business and tourism. But not everyone has found this country easy. It is one of the worst countries for foreign families and children. There are no clear pathways to settlement upon graduation. Jobs are scarce and it also reeks of political instability

Notable mentions.
Eastern Europe: Croatia, Moldova, Belarus, Ukraine, Serbia, Albania, Georgia

Asia & Middle East: India, Oman, Vietnam, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and all the stans

Most South American countries including Peru(Peru don dey para)

Ps:- Please note that this list isn't targeted at anyone. That a country is listed doesn't mean you may not be able to survive there. Majority of our data comes from world population rankings and real life experiences.
And I'm about making move to Ukraine.
Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by GeneralDae: 7:22pm On Dec 07, 2021
tctrills:

Igbo boys are doing well in many of these countries notably, Vietnam, India, Turkey and Cyprus. The major challenge is the language.
When you say they are doing well, what exactly are they doing well?

1 Like

Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by Cantonese: 7:54pm On Dec 07, 2021
GeneralDae:

When you say they are doing well, what exactly are they doing well?

And why are you mentioning Igbo boys alone please?
Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by RodgersAkpafu: 7:58pm On Dec 07, 2021
Nnamdinaija:

Where do your A-list celebrities make their money? In which country are they relevant? Is it not in Nigeria? Between your office and your home, where do you spend most of your day time? Nigeria is the office/shop while U.S and Switzerland is the home.

Most people make their money here but their home is in European and U.S countries. Same thing applies to your leaders and that is why they don't care about Nigeria because they go to office (that is Nigeria) only to make the money, after you gather the money from the office, you spend the money arranging and tidying your home. Many people will use one chair in their office for years even after it is worn out but will mend or replace the chairs in their home immediately it is dainty.

So in the case of your leaders and your A-list celebrities, Nigeria is their office while U.S, Switzerland, etc is their home. Same applies to many wealthy Nigerians in this country. That is why all their children are home outside Nigeria while they themselves are in the office (Nigeria) making the money to send home.

Mind you, some Nigerians working abroad are working there because they need an economy where their savings will not be depreciating in value due to poor economy rather where their savings will remain of value and keeps appreciating and increasing over Naira after which they will later come back to Nigeria, with the huge sum saved, they will open their business/office here in Nigeria and utilize Nigeria's large population and unstable currency to expand their business. Simple wisdom.

While some people, when they travel out, they get carried away by the buzzing lifestyle there. They will want to buy and put on every clothes and shoes they see over there thereby having little or no savings over the years to bring down to Nigeria as business capital. For instance, in about every 2 months. they will buy 3 pairs of jeans trousers at once for about 150 dollars each amounting to 450 dollars and you know the value in Naira, added to other things they will still buy to keep up to the city life. Same thing happens to some people living in the cities here in Nigeria. Show-off of the city life has made them not be able to boast of a single block talk more of a zinc house built by them.

Thanks.
I like your analogy

2 Likes

Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by Scottz: 8:10pm On Dec 07, 2021
adeakin:
doing drugs and yahoo lol
baba forget explanation if it’s making money it’s making sense. grin

1 Like

Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by Snakedoctor1: 8:30pm On Dec 07, 2021
nzeobi:

I know a man who contested the just conducted governorship election in anambra and was in the top 6. He made his money from Congo and is now a big player in the oil industry.
I still know somebody who has airline but he's based in mozambique

You know, you know. How many are they?
Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by GeneralDae: 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2021
Scottz:
baba forget explanation if it’s making money it’s making sense. grin
No it's not. Nah this mentality be the problem. So many Nigerians have this poor mentality of making money at all cost in contrast to creating value. You just want to make money, for what purpose? Buy Gucci, ferrari, houses, cars, oppress, then what?
This mentality has made yahoo yahoo no big deal to the youths alongside drug trafficking and has soiled the Nigerian name abroad causing problems for other Nigerians and those wen won japa.
Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by MiracleMe7: 8:49pm On Dec 07, 2021
Charles61:
Please can you tell us new story about the university too? Or how bad quality there education is? Or how people like us Sponsor ourselves with part time job?

My advice for any Nigerian who have a long term goal of using your certificate to earn better money. Search for good university around Europe. Check on LinkedIn, make research about the country well. Then if you believe you can. Then go for it.

By God's grace. No any Nigerian university graduate or employer would ever down grade my HND never ever again. With this my master.

So say whatsoever your mumu mouth want to say. I have achieved by God's grace what some Nigerian master's students can't achieve in 4 years due to strike in just one year. No strike, no sales of handout, no blackout. With a quality education.

You talk like a kid. I was curious until I make research about you then I found out that you are still a juvenile from the way you talk.
Man grow up! Drop this your boasting and childish talk.
Re: Not All Countries Are Suitable For Migration As A Nigerian by DaddyGngeess(m): 9:07pm On Dec 07, 2021
Some

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Accident Involving 2 Containers On Oshodi Bridge / 25 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Africa / Makoko My Beloved Slum - Aerial Drone Documentary About The Floating Slum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.