Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. (1316 Views)

My Daughter Is Nowhere To Be Found And My Parents Won't Tell Me The Truth / Her Family Says I Can't Marry Her Because I'm An SSCE Holder / Help, I'm An Alcoholic! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by MightySparrow: 4:11pm On Nov 27, 2021
ifyken:

Atheism is not a religion,get your facts right and don't cap carelessly
How sad that a christain doesn't know her bible. Didn't Jesus say that in heaven no one is married or is related when the pharisses were talking about a woman who married 7 husband or so(not at once but they died one by one so she kept on marrying). Jesus said she was no one's wife in heaven
What that means is that his parents are not going to account for him,they have tried
No it is a lack of belief not a belief
What if Allah is real so both you,me and him will go to hell. Any evidence you want to give me to show that Allah is not real can also be applied to your god
Did you know that if a child steals 1 meat from his mummy pot and dies immediately he is going to hell. What that means that because of one meat he is going to burn forever.
I am sure you must have offended your mummy or daddy in one way or the other,I hope they continued to flog you forever since that is what you are justifying.

Are atheists some things in common?
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by Afodot0022(m): 5:00pm On Nov 27, 2021
Having issues with the churches you are going to shouldnt make you become an atheist. You can change your church to the one that suit you or rather stay at your home and not go to church but still believe in God. I myself got feedup with how church is being run and have decide to stay at home but that doesnt stop me from believing in God the creator of heaven and earth.
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by frozen70(f): 6:25pm On Nov 27, 2021
Cashsteady:
I quited religion a long time ago after I discovered church is just a money grabbing business organization...

And also thought of how less religious countries are the most developed and how religious countries are the poorest.. after this I quited religion and stop believing in anything religion..

My parents noticed I stopped going to church, they called me and ask me why, I told them plain I was an atheist.
They couldn't believe their ears and told me they will never allow that happen on their watch, the issue even caused serious problem between me and them. My dad even invited is pastor to do deliverance for me. Still didn't change my decision. Till now my parents won't let me rest because I said I was an atheist.

Why is it hard for people to just respect people's decision? This shit is really annoying have got some couple's of fraudsters called pastor's who tried to talk to me but still I told them no.!

So far you have made up your mind to be an atheist, make sure you marry a woman who is an atheists and involve your children too
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by Kobojunkie: 7:40pm On Nov 27, 2021
Cashsteady:
Why is it hard for people to just respect people's decision? This shit is really annoying have got some couple's of fraudsters called pastor's who tried to talk to me but still I told them no.!
Because you live among the close-minded and small-minded folks? Maybe consider making your own money and moving away from them if it irks you that much. undecided

1 Like

Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by Roycemadeit(m): 8:54am On Nov 28, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
They wld account for ur soul, that's why

Lol, here I was thinking that eligibility for heaven is dependent on grace...
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:40am On Jul 04, 2022
MufasaLion:

Oh, maybe to you.
How do people even call atheism a religion...? undecided
It sounds so weird... grin

Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by James289(f): 8:38pm On Oct 06, 2022
damn how old are you? you probably should have waited till you didn't live with your parents. me and my mom get along a lot better since i moved out.
Re: I'm An Atheist But My Parents Won't Let Me Be. by kazyhm(m): 8:41pm On Oct 06, 2022
Cashsteady:
I quited religion a long time ago after I discovered church is just a money grabbing business organization...

And also thought of how less religious countries are the most developed and how religious countries are the poorest.. after this I quited religion and stop believing in anything religion..

My parents noticed I stopped going to church, they called me and ask me why, I told them plain I was an atheist.
They couldn't believe their ears and told me they will never allow that happen on their watch, the issue even caused serious problem between me and them. My dad even invited is pastor to do deliverance for me. Still didn't change my decision. Till now my parents won't let me rest because I said I was an atheist.

Why would you tell your parents?

Just do your thing.......and allow your parents do their things.....then in-between, nod your head to your parents wishes....life is simply fun

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband Cheated On Me With 11 Girls,then I Forgave Him,then I Did Four Sum / Used Graco Baby Swing For Sale / 10-month-old Baby Rescues Mum From Ritualists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.