Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,517 members, 7,850,780 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:56 AM

Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) - Properties (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (149536 Views)

For Sale.....luxury Block Of 4flats @ Ikota Villa Lekki Before Vgc(pictures) / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu / Luxury Block Of 6 Nos 3 Bedroom Flat "TO LET" @ IKEJA Gra,lagos with pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by diordaves(m): 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2011
fuqua:

@brabus, thanks for the update. I am also working on a project of my own in lekki and i have learnt alot from you so far.

So how does your call for a downgrade reconcile with your wish to start your project and probably implement what you've learnt so far?
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 8:07pm On Jul 31, 2011
From tomorrow, 1st August 2011, I'll be sharing with us the remodeling of an existing 3 bedroom flat in LSPDC Low Cost Housing Estate into a modern and classy apartment.

Stay tuned for updates.

Thanks to our NL friend who just commissioned us on 2 new commercial projects (Event Centre/Shopping Complex). We won't be blogging about it anyway based on our clients instruction.

You inspire us to do more.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by remcoface: 8:32pm On Jul 31, 2011
Thanks for the update.
Looking forward to LSPDC renovation.My memory card still have free space grin grin grin
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by spyder880(m): 8:35pm On Jul 31, 2011
^^^ same situation here, a client of mine refused to allow me showcase his 4 bedroom bugalow on nairaland. He cited privacy as his reason.
@brabus, congratulations on your new project. I will also be starting the block making for the bungalow by next weekend. But this one will go on without showing any pictures here.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 01, 2011
Morning all
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by ihebrooke(m): 10:54am On Aug 01, 2011
spyder880:

^^^ same situation here, a client of mine refused to allow me showcase his 4 bedroom bugalow on nairaland. He cited privacy as his reason.
@brabus, congratulations on your new project. I will also be starting the block making for the bungalow by next weekend. But this one will go on without showing any pictures here.

congrats, i have had several clients and projects like that. And you just have to respect their wishes.
Good morning to you all.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by atasteve: 12:43pm On Aug 01, 2011
brabus:

From tomorrow, 1st August 2011, I'll be sharing with us the remodeling of an existing 3 bedroom flat in LSPDC Low Cost Housing Estate into a modern and classy apartment.

Stay tuned for updates.

Thanks to our NL friend who just commissioned us on 2 new commercial projects (Event Centre/Shopping Complex). We won't be blogging about it anyway based on our clients instruction.

You inspire us to do more.

Oga Brabus, no wahala sha except that we will be left without sweet pix sad

But please still update and refresh us with the information on the building. Thanks.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by atasteve: 12:46pm On Aug 01, 2011
spyder880:

Oga Spyder880, we have to respect the owners but pls keep us posted on the technical "buildical" details smiley. Thanks.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Aug 01, 2011
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 4:12pm On Aug 01, 2011
brabus:

Remember, the main project has a timeline of 12 months which has not expired.

AREPO LUXURY FLAT
Expected completion date once again is June 2012!
The main reason we had to chill out a while is simply because we went over budget while purchasing the land.

We bought the land for N7.5m and have since put more than N2m into it. All within 1 month!!!

My client needs to chill out a while to gather momentum. I think that's fair enough.

I really have missed a lot, cos i have been busy and was not online.
I could surely understand what the client is talking about, after spending almost 10M Naira in 2 month, but to prevent such, i think it will be better to separate the cost of the land from construction cost, so that the budget will not look over spent . . . or what do think
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fidelo726: 4:17pm On Aug 01, 2011
Thanks Lawyer for being the one to point out these abnormalies in spyder and brabus threads. The threads were really loosing those spices that were used to embellish them which made me glue to it immediately I went through the earlier pages of the threads.Which also put them in the headline some months ago.They are becoming more of praise singing threads than enlightenment. I know that the threads is yours but, I also know that there are pros in the building industry that following the threads and so, if they observe anything out of place they seek clarification from the host which I believe is ok. Nobody has the monopoly of knowledge that is why we are following the threads. Mind you that as you initiate the threads, you also have contributors in the same field. Forget the paddy-paddy thing and give us that sweet bite that we all love.

All the same you guys are doing great job. Well done.

Thank you Lawyer.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by cinzo: 4:18pm On Aug 01, 2011
@FHEMMMY, SEPERATING THE COST OF THE LAND FROM CONSTRUCTION IS NOT THE KOKO. THE MONEY CAME OUT FROM THE SAME SOURCE grin.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2011
cinzo:

@FHEMMMY, SEPERATING THE COST OF THE LAND FROM CONSTRUCTION IS NOT THE KOKO. THE MONEY CAME OUT FROM THE SAME SOURCE grin.

I do agree with you, but if the cost of the land is a set aside cost and non negotiable, then, you will see the cost of construction with an eye that will not scare you off a project. . . . .
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 01, 2011
Fhemmmy:

I do agree with you, but if the cost of the land is a set aside cost and non negotiable, then, you will see the cost of construction with an eye that will not scare you off a project. . . . .
I totally agree with you. Please update your thread if that is what you've been working on that kept you away
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by rastaman20(m): 4:59pm On Aug 01, 2011
So School don close be that??
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 01, 2011
rastaman20:

So School don close be that??
E no even open today, just skeletal discussion
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by rastaman20(m): 5:18pm On Aug 01, 2011
blink182:

E no even open today, just skeletal discussion

Your are right.

As Student, grin grin grin grin grin i have learnt alot in this thread.

I dont want it to be closed , moved or deleayed.

Alot of lesson has been learned here that anytime that i want to join the house owners , i will apply alot of tactis that i have learned becuase of the coverage it has applied in every field.

But i have one question to ask here .

@Barbus, dont you envolves Quantity survey, so that the bulider can know what it will cost him and the stage that it will take him?

I am asking this questions becuase of the set back that your are incuring in this projects.

Alot of factors i know maybe be envoled, which you have stated and well understood.

So we have to plan before we build then.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 5:30pm On Aug 01, 2011
I'm short of words. I think there's something wrong.

Pls somebody tell me how we got here.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by rastaman20(m): 5:42pm On Aug 01, 2011
Fhemmmy:

I really have missed a lot, cos i have been busy and was not online.
I could surely understand what the client is talking about, after spending almost 10M Naira in 2 month, but to prevent such, i think it will be better to separate the cost of the land from construction cost, so that the budget will not look over spent . . . or what do think

brabus:

I'm short of words. I think there's something wrong.

Pls somebody tell me how we got here.

@Barbus, Pls dont be short of words.
I am learning as a student.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by rastaman20(m): 5:52pm On Aug 01, 2011
brabus:

Remember, the main project has a timeline of 12 months which has not expired.

AREPO LUXURY FLAT
Expected completion date once again is June 2012!
The main reason we had to chill out a while is simply because we went over budget while purchasing the land.

We bought the land for N7.5m and have since put more than N2m into it. All within 1 month!!!

My client needs to chill out a while to gather momentum. I think that's fair enough.

Still learning
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 6:20pm On Aug 01, 2011
blink182:

I totally agree with you. Please update your thread if that is what you've been working on that kept you away

No be thread oh, was a busy weekend for me with Church, family and trying to get some deserved rest as well
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 6:29pm On Aug 01, 2011
@rastaman, we don't need a QS to buy a land.
We simply went over budget while looking for choice area. This is normal. All my client need to do is shift the goalpost which is exactly what we are doing.
Things are well budgeted for and are working according to plan.

Remember, its my clients plan and not any other person's plan.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by rastaman20(m): 6:41pm On Aug 01, 2011
brabus:

We simply went over budget while looking for choice area. This is normal. All my client need to do is shift the goalpost which is exactly what we are doing.

@Barbus, thanks alot for opening more eyes on this type of buliding. i am learning alot and noting down.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 6:55pm On Aug 01, 2011
brabus:

You keep using the statement you went over budget . . . please further explain, was there a budget for the land in question.
Was the true cost of the land so much more that the budgeted price?
Was the client aware of the real cost before purchase?
Over budget by roughly what? Please feel free not to answer this one, if privacy will be breached
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 7:09pm On Aug 01, 2011
@Fhemmmy, In answer to your question, my client was actually looking for a land within the range of N4.5 to N5.5m but he eventually bought the land for N7.5m excluding agency fees.

One thing here is that I'm not directly involved in the land transaction, I only acted as a spokesman on his behalf.

Extra N3m over budget is not a small thing - we can finish the deck with that.
I hope I'm clear now.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 7:51pm On Aug 01, 2011
brabus:

@Fhemmmy, In answer to your question, my client was actually looking for a land within the range of N4.5 to N5.5m but he eventually bought the land for N7.5m excluding agency fees.

One thing here is that I'm not directly involved in the land transaction, I only acted as a spokesman on his behalf.

Extra N3m over budget is not a small thing - we can finish the deck with that.
I hope I'm clear now.

Now i see why you said over budget and so nice to know that you were not directly involved in the land transaction, at least now the house will know that you were not the reason why your client over spent.
Keep up the good work, but why cant he look elsewhere to get something cheaper and still be able to achieve same result?
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by rastaman20(m): 8:02pm On Aug 01, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Now i see why you said over budget and so nice to know that you were not directly involved in the land transaction, at least now the house will know that you were not the reason why your client over spent.
Keep up the good work, but why cant he look elsewhere to get something cheaper and still be able to achieve same result?

As i said early on, still learning , so that one can afford all this type of upcomes in future .what a good thread and an eyeopener for all esp those that wants to go into properties.

Good lessons learnt.

So before buying a land or after buying one, i think that we have to hire the service of a QS.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2011
In fairness to my client - the choice was an afterthought. Moreover, he's not based in Nigeria neither is he looking to move in any moment or in the nearest future.

But if you ask me, its a wise decision. Why? The land we bought N7.5m has appreciated within space of 1 month. How do I know? The land (virgin) beside me was sold for N10.5m
Within the same area, there are lands being sold for N12 - N13m right now due to scarcity of land.

So, I think the decision is worthwhile.

Work will resume pretty soon sha.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 8:49pm On Aug 01, 2011
^^^ Then that is a wise decision, cos it means he bought is a great area where his investment will only grow . . . thanks for the information.

Oga Rastaman, na u biko oh
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by rastaman20(m): 10:03pm On Aug 01, 2011
Fhemmmy:

^^^ Then that is a wise decision, cos it means he bought is a great area where his investment will only grow . . . thanks for the information.

Oga Rastaman, na u biko oh

No Big Oga@Fhemmy. i am still learning ooo. and i think that the mean purpose of this thread is to learn and ask question when u dont understand.

Here i come again,

So if i buy a land that cost 4.5 millon to build instead of buying that one that cost 2.5millon,using 2.0 millon which can be the amount to start the building and complete it to the decking stage. meanwhile, i have already budgeted another 3.0 millon to finish the building and in no time expecting my lent.

Now becuase of paying for that land, 4.5 million, i have to wait becuase the money that i have budgeted was intial used to pay for the land, so may building have to wait till i source money from other angles.

1.Gains, the land is now raising in value, although i only gain if i sell the land, but if i am building, i dont think that the by the time i finish building , rentages around that areas may have been increased more the actual amount, even if that be the case, it cannt be more than 2%.

2. Looses.i have to wait and look for funds,thereby putting my investment in all source of unwanted risks, the price of materials are raising everyday, not what it will cost me to build in a month can be used to build in a year.Even after you increases the rentage in order to cover what you expected to get, at the end , you are back to square one becuase when adding the price of the materials you have used and the increment on the rents, all are thesame.
Back to your site, the planks, laboures , infact everything that you have on that site will not be thesame as you left them. you have to start afresh.

Pls this is my own personal opion from what i have learnt so far.

Kudos to all.

Still learning.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 1:02am On Aug 02, 2011
^^^^ Chief . . . you have a great point, but like you said, the value of the land keep going up, and i am sure the rent will keep going up as well, if it is in an area that is high sought after.

Now you talking about the cost of building materials going up, that is very true, but at the end of the day, i think starting is all that counts, cos if the owner is really business savvy, he will try to make it happen as soon as possible, but like i mention above, i would rather look for another area where the budget i have for buying a land could afford and i wont have to delay my project.

I do agree with you that Time is money.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by remcoface: 1:09am On Aug 02, 2011
^^^True talk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (56) (Reply)

Call Us For Ur Granite(directly From The Quarry),sharpsand & Sandfilling / You Won't Believe The Babe I Saw In A Face Me I Face You House : / Cost Analysis Of Roofing My 3 Bedrooms Flat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.