Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,792 members, 7,817,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

meth: Drug Chaos In Igboland Escalates! - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / meth: Drug Chaos In Igboland Escalates! (36497 Views)

Help! How Can I Save My Kid Brother In-law From Taking meth? / Boys & Girls Caught Taking meth In South-East (Video) / The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: meth: Drug Chaos In Igboland Escalates! by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 28, 2021
Olisehinnocent:
We will bring it to Afonjaland. We are not going to die alone grin.
grin
Re: meth: Drug Chaos In Igboland Escalates! by arthurwillia(m): 6:16pm On Nov 28, 2021
Sergio101:

It's just because the east is voiciferous enough to talk against it....... that's why it seems it's only an Igbo thing.

Others will rather live with it than open up for people to see it's effect and talk against them

Lol I can’t laugh abeg
Re: meth: Drug Chaos In Igboland Escalates! by Biafrarep(m): 6:24pm On Nov 28, 2021
All these afonja guys mocking Igbos about mkpuru miri are indeed living in a fool's paradise. Why there seem to be an outrage in Igboland concerning this issue is because we Igbos have a kindred spirit, we are naturally communal. So when the alarm was raised about this menace, everyone immediately swung into action to nip it in the bud.

I have lived in Lagos, and I can tell you that Lagos has since reached epidemic levels yet no one is talking about it. A huge percentage of Yoruba youths in Lagos, particularly on the mainland, in areas like Mushin, Oshodi, Ajegunle, Ikorodu etc. are already affected. That's why you will see these afonja youths always shouting, dancing and behaving like lunatics on the roads while everyone ignores them. In Kano too, Hausa youths are known to use all manner of things including sewage, provided it can make them high, yet no one is saying anything while many of the youths are wasting away. It shows how deluded they are to think that mkpuru miri is not already widespread in Kano. Maybe their elite even like it that way since it keeps them preoccupied.

I can only laugh at those mocking Igbos for taking decisive actions against drugs because the joke is actually on them cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: meth: Drug Chaos In Igboland Escalates! by Sheggy13(m): 9:20pm On Nov 28, 2021
Decryptor:

You should know that South West are the majority when it comes to media publicity both by paper media and online. With this, they will not stop at tarnishing the image of Igbos while they keep a blind eye to vices going on in their zone.

That was how they cooked up one lie last year that "Fathers in Anambra were raping their daughters" of which eventually, the public officer that they claimed said such debunked it as a heinous lie that she never said such a thing.

These are the same set of people who see nothing wrong in incestuous rape with one of their kin here on Nairaland who was thrown into a United States Jail after raping a 14 year old minor and threatening to kill her is begging Nairalanders to come to his aid.

But like they say, in every disadvantage comes an advantage...at least, stake holders in the SE are keeping no stone unturned to fight the menace of drug use in Igbo land.

We are not like the zone where the brown-teeth chief drug dealer who is seeking a presidential ambition is worshipped and seen as a demi-god because of N500 he shares during campaigns.
You people always love to live in denial. The writer of this article, Nnamdi Ojiego is your fellow Igbo man who's crying out about the drug menace in your region but as usual blame it on South West.
Re: meth: Drug Chaos In Igboland Escalates! by gokesoye: 9:49pm On Nov 28, 2021
Lolzzz.

What goes around comes around.

These biafraund go to other people's space from South Africa to Kenya to Cambodia to Malaysia to India selling hard drugs.

After they make a lot of money, They come back to their home state to spend money and intimidate legit hustlers. They will even collect cheiftaincy tithle on top.

You can't cause other people sorrow and yet expect your own land to be at peacel
Re: meth: Drug Chaos In Igboland Escalates! by Decryptor(m): 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2021
Sheggy13:

You people always love to live in denial. The writer of this article, Nnamdi Ojiego is your fellow Igbo man who's crying out about the drug menace in your region but as usual blame it on South West.

I have worked as a media person before in a Government establishment. Sometimes we use "code names" not our real names in some articles.
Re: meth: Drug Chaos In Igboland Escalates! by Kfed4ril(m): 10:48pm On Nov 28, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
I can still remember when some South Africans dey always complain about Nigerians selling drugs in SA, some Nigerians were supporting the drug sellers and blaming South Africans for buying the drugs.

You are spilling out the truth bro.

What you're seeing sitting down, if someone like koondog climb the Burj khalifa, he won't still see what you're seeing.

I see this getting more worst in the South East. I doubt NDLEA can nip this in the bud.

Okay Okoro

Make una no just com flood Yoruba land with it.

I see this MpuruMmiri madness getting worst in the east

This I have seen.

It’s only a hypocrite that will say he hasn’t heard of meth or ice before the recent uproar about it in the SE.
I’m based in the North central and I can tell you I’ve known and seen boys use this meth drug as early as 2014. So don’t sit there with your hateful wishes and think it’s only used by eastern youth. At least out people came to talk it out and trying in their little way to sensitize people against it.
But your people pretend as if the menace is only peculiar to the SE, while their youths are dying. As far as they’re not in the news, they are ok.
Re: meth: Drug Chaos In Igboland Escalates! by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 28, 2021
Kfed4ril:

It’s only a hypocrite that will say he hasn’t heard of meth or ice before the recent uproar about it in the SE.
I’m based in the North central and I can tell you I’ve known and seen boys use this meth drug as early as 2014. So don’t sit there with your hateful wishes and think it’s only used by eastern youth. At least out people came to talk it out and trying in their little way to sensitize people against it.
But your people pretend as if the menace is only peculiar to the SE, while their youths are dying. As far as they’re not in the news, they are ok.
Are you sure nah me this message dey for? It seems you have been high on MpuruMmiri before typing this nonsense
Re: meth: Drug Chaos In Igboland Escalates! by 2elliot: 11:01pm On Nov 28, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Your people came out to complain about it.
This ice is in everywhere. Last three weeks ago, the police stopped myself and some other guys and during search they found ice hidden in one of the boy's phone pad. The boy claimed that he works as a tailor and most times work through the night to beat deadline and so uses ice to keep him awake.
The thing is drugs are everywhere. It has infiltrated my once quiet and innocent community in Bayelsa. Boys are running man and looking dirty. Igbo's are probably just facing their problem squarely or some persons are setting an agenda with the problem as it is not peculiar to Igbo only.
Re: meth: Drug Chaos In Igboland Escalates! by Amatarasha(f): 1:16pm On Nov 29, 2021
HellVictorinho3:

Well, I have to change the question...

Can you help me with any amount of money??

I really need to get an apartment...
I need 15000naira...

Rats have been inflicting wounds on me....

I don't want it to get worse...

Perhaps, I should give you the phone number of the person that wants to rent the apartment...
So that he will confirm that I need it....

He said the 15000naira is for 3months....

His name is Success.....
beggar that's how you frusTrated sisterfire from nairaland.

Can't you find a job and do than begging otem and sisterfire
Re: meth: Drug Chaos In Igboland Escalates! by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 29, 2021
Amatarasha:
beggar that's how you frusTrated sisterfire from nairaland.

Can't you find a job and do than begging otem and sisterfire

Good afternoon
Re: meth: Drug Chaos In Igboland Escalates! by Donmobi(m): 4:14pm On Nov 29, 2021
obynzo:

Bro in all honesty if NDLEA give you statistics of drug users, it will shock you that the South West is the highest followed by the north. As far back as 2006 SK consumption was already reaching epidemic levels in small surulere then you can imagine places like Island,Lekki and Mushin. It is so bad that codeine and Tramadol is child's play to them.
True
Re: meth: Drug Chaos In Igboland Escalates! by Donmobi(m): 4:25pm On Nov 29, 2021
OlogoJ:
All this hoopla about MpuruMmiri is an after-thought and hypocritical as far as I am concerned. When the news media was awash with reports of numerous igbos being busted for peddling drugs in foreign countries, these activists were mute and dumb. But now that the chicken has come home to roost, they're making noise upandan.
Being active traders don't make them prominent users
Infact a large percentage of drug sellers don't actually use the drug they sell out
Obviously getting addicted to what you sell is bad for business.
Igbos aren't the highest consumers of drugs in Nigeria and that's a fact.
Meth isn't a new thing but springing up awareness about its dangers, now that's commendable
Re: meth: Drug Chaos In Igboland Escalates! by Jude273(m): 1:22am On Dec 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

How am i tribalistic?

Igbo activists are shouting about meth in their communities.it made news, i pointed it out.
How do u knw that its igbo's that is pushing drug in south africa?
Re: meth: Drug Chaos In Igboland Escalates! by Jude273(m): 1:31am On Dec 03, 2021
temitope27:
ibo men are weak, they are just forming stubborn
oh! Onye ofe. Ur papa no tell u how we beat una years back in lagos. Lazy people, na only for mouth una strong.. Where one Igbo man stand 5 onye ofe together with una ancestor, una no feat stand there. U no see wetin northerner wan do una, dem wan sideline una, con dey beg us make we come rule. We no wan rule again, make them share naija make we carry our own dey go our promise land. Egyptians everywhere
Re: meth: Drug Chaos In Igboland Escalates! by Jude273(m): 1:40am On Dec 03, 2021
Wait!! Ice wey chok 4 here in north where hausa boys dey use inplace of food, say e dey make dem no dey eat much. Gbee ice na hausa boys get am for here as far as am concern... E get wetin hausa no dey high? Just that highness no dey our blood thats why we dey cry. If not, leave highness 4 aboki. Especially ice and crake

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Government Vows Not To Recall Sacked Doctors / Carpenter electrocuted while working in Delta State (Disturbing Photos) / Mother And Son Test Positive For COVID-19 In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.