Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,736 members, 7,824,085 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? (18646 Views)

Nigerians In UK Engage In Praise And Worship On The Street Of Cannock (video) / Why Do Christians Worship Jesus And Then Say They Don’t Practice Idolatry / Opinion!!!!! Any Christian That Goes To Work On Sundays Will Not Make Heaven.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by bentuzene(m): 10:52am On Nov 29, 2021
And there shall be silence grin
joyandfaith:

Where is it in Bible?
Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by bentuzene(m): 10:53am On Nov 29, 2021
LMAO and these were supposed to be researched responses?!

Please try a BASIC tool, Google! Trust me, you'll learn better then please read a Bible better!

sunny4day:
1. Law given on a Sunday
2. Pentecost was on Sunday
3. Jesus raised from death on Sunday

Kindly make your research before you dispute this please
Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by bentuzene(m): 10:56am On Nov 29, 2021
Do your research on this topic and try your best to stop being emotional!
The Bible has no record of a Change so where did it come from? who changed it and why?

Best believe, there are answers to those questions I asked and they are in History, The Bible and Nature.

FAvE47:
my dear, if u can read Bible just go and read Hebrews 4 vs1 to 13. I pray that God will have mercy on you.before u post anything about christianity, make reserch becourse itz iminimious. and christian dont be bashful to preach the word of God to others..., Be blessed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by PointZerom: 10:56am On Nov 29, 2021
bentuzene:

Please always get your facts right from either history or the scriptures. Best if you are not sure of something, Say nothing!

TELL ME THE DAY GOD STARTED CREATION LETS COUNT THE SABBATH DAY FROM THERE.
With scriptural reference.
Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by bentuzene(m): 10:58am On Nov 29, 2021
Because Man chose to mess it all up.

badboyTee:
Download hellbound for you to know that religion is fvcked up !!
Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by bentuzene(m): 11:00am On Nov 29, 2021
Chill, I know you're emotional right now but please google up everything you and I just said (Since obviously you do not like the Bible cos it was clear enough) and then try to converse. You'll notice a big difference.
PointZerom:

TELL ME THE DAY GOD STARTED CREATION LETS COUNT THE SABBATH DAY FROM THERE.
With scriptural reference.
Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by uthlaw: 11:28am On Nov 29, 2021
bentuzene:
He said he was.

Plus Is Christianity not built on the example Jesus showed while on earth?!

he never said that...
My father is greater than I and all...
Yeah,Christianity not built on is examples...
Jesuse never go to church or mentioned Christianity in the bible...
Never only bow down to God during worship, he never dance nor sing!
Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by bentuzene(m): 12:41pm On Nov 29, 2021
Did you ever read John 10:30?

Do you know the word I AM is a name only used to refer to God in the Bible? Do you know how many times Jesus used those words to refer to himself?
By the way, Read John 1:1 - 3 and Genesis 1:1&2 the Bible has associated Jesus as being God always there are numerous texts in the Bible that say these but that's not my concern cos clearly you do not have a clue what the Bible says. Have you ever taken your time to study the Bible for yourself?

Also on your take on Christianity not built on Jesus, say that's Christianity as practiced by Most Men who have chosen their own ways.

uthlaw:
he never said that...
Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by uthlaw: 12:54pm On Nov 29, 2021
You are not getting me
If he is God,why did he have to die for your sin as you claim,why can't him just forgive..
Beside he was killed by is enemies and you claim he died for sin after he was killed!
bentuzene:
Did you ever read John 10:30?

Do you know the word I AM is a name only used to refer to God in the Bible? Do you know how many times Jesus used those words to refer to himself?
By the way, Read John 1:1 - 3 and Genesis 1:1&2 the Bible has associated Jesus as being God always there are numerous texts in the Bible that say these but that's not my concern cos clearly you do not have a clue what the Bible says. Have you ever taken your time to study the Bible for yourself?

Also on your take on Christianity not built on Jesus, say that's Christianity as practiced by Most Men who have chosen their own ways.

Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by NobleRace: 6:47pm On Nov 29, 2021
OtemAtum:
You don't even know what Satan is undecided

Hahaha. Fallen Lucifer. The deceiver of the whole world. The prince of the darkness of this world. The one whom Christ defeated on Calvary; whose end is everlasting fire.
Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by OtemAtum: 7:12pm On Nov 29, 2021
NobleRace:

Hahaha. Fallen Lucifer. The deceiver of the whole world. The prince of the darkness of this world. The one whom Christ defeated on Calvary; whose end is everlasting fire.
And what if I tell you that Satan I a title and Jehovah has once assumed the title called Satan. Satan means ENEMY OF HUMANITY and Jehovah and Allah acquired the title once in their lifetime on earth.
Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by NobleRace: 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2021
OtemAtum:
And what if I tell you that Satan I a title and Jehovah has once assumed the title called Satan. Satan means ENEMY OF HUMANITY and Jehovah and Allah acquired the title once in their lifetime on earth.

Chai!! Another deception from Satan. God who created humans was once the enemy of humanity? Chai!! Gibberish.
Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by lookingfly: 8:31pm On Nov 29, 2021
bentuzene:
As a Christian all these questions can be answered if you only do your own research and not follow the bandwagon.

do research where?.......are you saying am wrong?
Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by lookingfly: 8:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
bentuzene:
Chill, I know you're emotional right now but please google up everything you and I just said (Since obviously you do not like the Bible cos it was clear enough) and then try to converse. You'll notice a big difference.
oga, who told you the Sabbath was Saturday?
Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by lookingfly: 8:39pm On Nov 29, 2021
uthlaw:
he never said that...
so it's mosque he went to and was doing zikiri abi grin
Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by uthlaw: 11:03pm On Nov 29, 2021
lookingfly:
so it's mosque he went to and was doing zikiri abi grin
Mathew (26:39)....
No b this James bible may de don change change...
Go check the Greek bible that Jesus use!
Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by lookingfly: 4:50am On Nov 30, 2021
uthlaw:
Mathew (26:39)....
No b this James bible may de don change change...
Go check the Greek bible that Jesus use!
na you change the Bible or because of the trash you hear from the other side you've come to a hasty conclusion.
Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by bentuzene(m): 1:55pm On Nov 30, 2021
When you read a Bible passage, try to know the various angles to it. Most people study the Bible with a Credence concordance to better understand if there is a contextual side to the text they've read. That way, it is easy to know deeper what is meant by a particular text.

God bless
lookingfly:
do research where?.......are you saying am wrong?
Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by bentuzene(m): 1:56pm On Nov 30, 2021
Sorry but have you done your own research on the subject matter?

Stop blindly arguing and go an read up what's common knowledge out there.
lookingfly:
oga, who told you the Sabbath was Saturday?
Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by bentuzene(m): 2:02pm On Nov 30, 2021
Well that is something you'll be able to understand if you understand these following topics in Christianity:
1. The Nature of Man and Sin
2. The purpose of Sacrifice
3. The concept of sanctuary worship and Sacrifice
4. God's role in the plan of Man's life

To be honest, I cannot explain all these for you but I can briefly summerize that Man sin and Blood was required and the only blood that could be accepted was that of a Saint so God made himself wear a form that could do all that and that's how we have salvation.

That is basically the summary of the Bible.

uthlaw:
You are not getting me
If he is God,why did he have to die for your sin as you claim,why can't him just forgive..
Beside he was killed by is enemies and you claim he died for sin after he was killed!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by A001: 1:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
musicwriter:
Because the pagan Roman god Mithras was worshipped on the DAY of the SUN i.e SUN day. Christianity as a pagan religion follows the same pagan tradition.
Please, any update about the other matter, bro?
Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by musicwriter(m): 1:44pm On Dec 05, 2021
A001:

Please, any update about the other matter, bro?

Bro, I am so sorry for the delay. I'll let you know but until I get back home probably by the end of the month.
Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by A001: 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
musicwriter:

Bro, I am so sorry for the delay. I'll let you know but until I get back home probably by the end of the month.
Okay. Thanks a lot!
Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by alfredfrddy(m): 3:10pm On Dec 21, 2021
swhiss:

After God brought His people out of Egypt and through the Red Sea, the Sabbath day took on even more significance as a covenant sign that God sanctified His people (Ex. 31:13). On that day, the saints celebrated the reality that God had created them and that their rest was rooted in His rest: "For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day" (Ex. 20:8-11). As well, the Sabbath signified that God had redeemed His people (Deut. 5:12-15). Finally, the annual Day of Atonement fell on a Sabbath (Lev. 16:30-31), so the Sabbath also celebrated God's forgiveness of His people.

Under the old covenant with Israel (Ex. 19; Heb. 8:6, 7, 13), the Sabbath day was extremely strict. Not only was no work to be done by the Israelites and their children, they also were to give rest to all in their households—servants, livestock, even sojourners (Ex. 20:10). God even gave regulatory laws over what could and could not be done. For example, if one even went out to gather sticks on the Sabbath in order to kindle a fire (Num. 15:32-36; Ex. 35:1-3), he was to be put to death (Ex. 31:14-15; 35:2). All this strictness was a part of the tutelage of the law, which was meant to lead Israel by the hand to Jesus Christ (Gal. 3:24), who is the final sacrifice ending the old covenant (Heb. 7:11-12, 18-19; 8:7, 13).

When Jesus rose from the dead on the first day of the week, things changed. Christ, the second Adam, "finished" (John 19:30) the work that the first Adam failed to do (Rom. 5:12-19). Because of that pivotal event, the church determined that for Christians under the new covenant, the day of worship and celebration of the Lord's grace in Jesus Christ was to be the first day of the week, Sunday: "From the beginning of the world to the resurrection of Christ, [the Sabbath] was the last day of the week; and, from the resurrection of Christ, was changed into the first day of the week, which, in Scripture, is called the Lord's day, and is to be continued to the end of the world, as the Christian Sabbath" (WCF, 21:7). On this day, we are reminded of and participate in the glorious reality that we have already entered God's rest (Matt. 11:28; Heb. 4:10) and that we await the experience of the fullness of this rest in eternity in the new heavens and new earth (Rev. 21-22). We now assemble corporately for worship and enjoy a foretaste of our eternal rest, then go out into the kingdom of this world to work for six days.

So why do we worship on Sunday and not Saturday?

•The first day of the week was the day on which our Lord rose from the dead (John 20:1; cf. Ps. 118:24).

•The first day of the week is called "the Lord's day" (Rev. 1:10; cf. 1 Cor. 16:2).
The first day was the day on which the Holy Spirit was poured out on the church (Acts 2:1-36).

•Just as on the first day of creation God made light and separated it from the darkness, we gather on the first day of the week to celebrate the light of the gospel in Jesus Christ, who has separated us from the world of the darkness of sin (John 1:5, 9; 3:19; 8:12; 2 Cor. 4:1-6).
God's word stands sure and will never change as He is not a respecter of nobody.

When Jesus rose from the dead on the first day of the week, things changed. HOW?
You lied here, friend. What exactly changed?
I would like you to answer the following questions:
1. Do you celebrate Easter and why?
2. Do you celebrate good Friday and why?
3. Which day is the first day of the week?

1. The first day of the week was the day on which our Lord rose from the dead (John 20:1) OK
2. The first day of the week is called "the Lord's day" (Rev. 1:10; cf. 1 Cor. 16:2) LIES
3. The first day was the day on which the Holy Spirit was poured out on the church (Acts 2:1-36). LIES
4. Just as on the first day of creation God made light and separated it from the darkness, we gather on the first day of the week to celebrate the light of the gospel in Jesus Christ, who has separated us from the world of the darkness of sin (John 1:5, 9; 3:19; 8:12; 2 Cor. 4:1-6). LIES

From the 3 above claims that you made, you’ve just told the worst lies I have ever heard in my entire life. I am so happy that you accepted that Jesus resurrected on the first day of the week. Then when did he die? Having answered those questions then we will discuss the bible objectively without any form of bias or prejudice. The reason God told us to remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy is because he did not want us to forget that the world was created in 6 literal days by Him and on the 7th day, he rested. You will only tell a person to remember what has been told or done before. The essence of the Sabbath is to worship the God who created the heaven and the earth (Ezekiel 12:20, Isa 66:23). Now you said things changed after Jesus died, what exactly changed because the disciples still kept the Sabbath thereafter (Acts 17:1-3; Acts 13:13-15, 42-44; Acts 16-11-13, Acts 18: 1-4) because Jesus did not come to condemn the law but to fulfill it as He ad said.
If you read through Mark 15:42 to the end, you will see that Jesus was buried before the Sabbath having died on the preparation day before the Sabbath (which we call good Friday). Now, if Jesus died on good Friday and resurrected on Easter Sunday (first day of the week) what did he do on Saturday (being the 7th day of the week?). That should tell us that even in death, Jesus rested on the 7th day. So, how did His death change the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday? Reading through Mark 16: 1 – 4, you will see that Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus’ body very early on the first day of the week because they couldn’t have done this while it was still Sabbath hours. Also see Luke 23:54-56 for more clarification.
Acts 20:6 – But we sailed away from Philippi after the Days of Unleavened Bread, and in five days joined them at Troas, where we stayed seven days. 7 Now on the first [day] of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul, ready to depart the next day, spoke to them and continued his message until midnight.
Here we see an example of the disciples gathering together on the first day of the week. There is no mention of a Sabbath being observed in this verse. Nowhere is this day called “The Sabbath”. In fact, we know that Paul was ready to depart the next day. According to verse 7, Paul spoke to them a message because for this very reason. Now some would say that coming together to ‘break bread’ constitutes a meeting that includes the observance of partaking in Yahushua’s body, commonly called the “eucharist” or “communion.” However, this is not true in light of other scripture.
According to this scripture, breaking bread was not an uncommon thing to do on a daily basis. It was one of the customs in those days to eat their ‘daily bread’. Even in Yahushua’s prayer He said “Give us this day our daily bread“.
So we cannot confirm that this scripture in Acts 20 is a Sabbath day observance. In fact, nowhere does it say that the first day of the week is the Sabbath. But the 7th day of the week is always called “the Sabbath” in the ‘new testament.’
Unless you don’t believe in the New Testament, you would have to conclude that this was not a Sabbath meeting. So what was it really? Many may not realize that in scripture, a new day begins at sundown. This would mean that at sundown on ‘Saturday’, the first day of the week begins. Once the Sabbath ends on “saturday night,” this would have been the appropriate time to cook food and “break bread” because cooking was not done on the Sabbath (Exodus 16:23).
There is also historical evidence that the early disciples kept the Sabbath on the true day.:
First, we must understand that the Emperor Constantine enforced keeping the Sabbath on the first day of the week, which he calls “the venerable day of the sun.” Venerable means ‘commanding respect,’ suggesting the sun deity should be respected (sadly).
The text of Constantine’s Sunday Law of 321 A.D. is:
“One the venerable day of the Sun let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed. In the country however persons engaged in agriculture may freely and lawfully continue their pursuits because it often happens that another day is not suitable for gain-sowing or vine planting; lest by neglecting the proper moment for such operations the bounty of heaven should be lost.”
This forced Sabbath may explain why some groups were observing both the 7th day of the week as the Sabbath, but then also meeting on the first day of the week.
“The people of Constantinople, and almost everywhere, assemble together on the Sabbath, as well as on the first day of the week, which custom is never observed at Rome or at Alexandria.”
Ecclesiastical History, vii, 19, in A Select Library of Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, 2nd Series, Vol. 2, p. 390 [written soon after A.D. 415].
This is interesting, in that only the Christians of Rome and Constantinople forsook the Sabbath day while other churches continued keeping it. Constantine must have had quite an influence over the Roman Christians/Catholics.
“The primitive Christians did keep the Sabbath of the Jews;.therefore the Christians for a long time together, did keep their conventions on the Sabbath, in which some portion of the Law were read: and this continued till the time of the Laodicean council.”
The Whole Works of Jeremey Taylor, Vol. IX, p416 (R. Heber’s Edition, Vol.XII, p.416)
“The ancient Christians were very careful in the observation of Saturday, or the seventh day..It is plain that all the Oriental churches, and the greatest part of the world, observed the Sabbath as a festival…Athanasius likewise tells us that they held religious assemblies on the Sabbath, not because they were infected with Judaism, but to worship [Yahushua], the [Master] of the Sabbath, Epiphanius says the same.”
Antiquities of the Christian Church, Vol. II, Book XX, chap. 3, Sec. 1, 66.1137, 1138
“Ambrose, the celebrated bishop of Milan, said that when he was in Milan he observed Saturday, but when in Rome observed Sunday. This gave rise to the proverb ‘When you are in Rome, do as Rome does,’
Heylyn, The History of the Sabbath, 1613
Later, those who observed the Sabbath were persecuted and killed by the Catholic church. When the Jesuit St. Francis Xavier arrived in India he immediately requested to the pope to set up the Inquisition there.
“The Jewish wickedness” of which Xavier complained was evidently the Sabbath-keeping among those native Christians as we shall see in our next quotation. When one of these Sabbath-keeping Christians was taken by the Inquisition he was accused of having *Judaized*; which means having conformed to the ceremonies of the Mosaic Law; such as not eating pork, hare, fish without scales, of having attended the solemnization of the Sabbath.”
Account of the Inquisition at Goa, Dellon, p.56. London, 1815
“Of an hundred persons condemned to be burnt as Jews, there are scarcely four who profess that faith at their death; the rest exclaiming and protesting to their last gasp that they are Christians, and have been so during their whole lives.” Ibid p.64
Today, some of the leading Baptists even have admitted that the Sunday Sabbath isn’t in the scriptures:
“There was and is a commandment to keep holy the Sabbath day, but that Sabbath day was not on Sunday…It will be said, however, and with some show of triumph, that the Sabbath was transferred from the seventh to the first day of the week….where can the record of such a transaction be found? Not in the New Testament. Of course, I quite well know that Sunday did come into use in early Christian history as a religious day, as we learn from the Christian Fathers and other sources. But what a pity that it comes branded with the mark of paganism, and christened with the name of a sun god, when adopted and sanctioned by the papal apostasy, and bequeathed as a sacred legacy to Protestantism!” Dr. Edward Hiscox, author of The Baptist Manual
Matthew 15: 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: 8 “‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. 9 They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.

Sir, this is a warning from Revelation 22:18 to 19 for your own good.
18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.
Please, pray that God should forgive us all for every blasphemy or wrong argument we have so engaged in so we will miss heaven as ignorance is not an excuse.
Thank you sir.
From a concerned brother. You can reach me on 080324494865 for further discussion. God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by alfredfrddy(m): 3:39pm On Dec 21, 2021
Raymondfayowole:
Law of Sabbath was for the old testament. Act 20:7

Christians are to worship every first day of the week.
they did not worship rather, they had a meeting. don't get it twisted but do a follow up with this and discover that nothing ever changed about the sabbath. Acts 17:1-3; Acts 13:13-15, 42-44; Acts 16-11-13, Acts 18: 1-4.
There is also historical evidence that the early disciples kept the Sabbath on the true day.:
First, we must understand that the Emperor Constantine enforced keeping the Sabbath on the first day of the week, which he calls “the venerable day of the sun.” Venerable means ‘commanding respect,’ suggesting the sun deity should be respected (sadly).
The text of Constantine’s Sunday Law of 321 A.D. is:
“One the venerable day of the Sun let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed. In the country however persons engaged in agriculture may freely and lawfully continue their pursuits because it often happens that another day is not suitable for gain-sowing or vine planting; lest by neglecting the proper moment for such operations the bounty of heaven should be lost.”
This forced Sabbath may explain why some groups were observing both the 7th day of the week as the Sabbath, but then also meeting on the first day of the week.
“The people of Constantinople, and almost everywhere, assemble together on the Sabbath, as well as on the first day of the week, which custom is never observed at Rome or at Alexandria.”
Ecclesiastical History, vii, 19, in A Select Library of Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, 2nd Series, Vol. 2, p. 390 [written soon after A.D. 415].
This is interesting, in that only the Christians of Rome and Constantinople forsook the Sabbath day while other churches continued keeping it. Constantine must have had quite an influence over the Roman Christians/Catholics.
“The primitive Christians did keep the Sabbath of the Jews;.therefore the Christians for a long time together, did keep their conventions on the Sabbath, in which some portion of the Law were read: and this continued till the time of the Laodicean council.”
The Whole Works of Jeremey Taylor, Vol. IX, p416 (R. Heber’s Edition, Vol.XII, p.416)
“The ancient Christians were very careful in the observation of Saturday, or the seventh day..It is plain that all the Oriental churches, and the greatest part of the world, observed the Sabbath as a festival…Athanasius likewise tells us that they held religious assemblies on the Sabbath, not because they were infected with Judaism, but to worship [Yahushua], the [Master] of the Sabbath, Epiphanius says the same.”
Antiquities of the Christian Church, Vol. II, Book XX, chap. 3, Sec. 1, 66.1137, 1138
“Ambrose, the celebrated bishop of Milan, said that when he was in Milan he observed Saturday, but when in Rome observed Sunday. This gave rise to the proverb ‘When you are in Rome, do as Rome does,’
Heylyn, The History of the Sabbath, 1613
Later, those who observed the Sabbath were persecuted and killed by the Catholic church. When the Jesuit St. Francis Xavier arrived in India he immediately requested to the pope to set up the Inquisition there.
“The Jewish wickedness” of which Xavier complained was evidently the Sabbath-keeping among those native Christians as we shall see in our next quotation. When one of these Sabbath-keeping Christians was taken by the Inquisition he was accused of having *Judaized*; which means having conformed to the ceremonies of the Mosaic Law; such as not eating pork, hare, fish without scales, of having attended the solemnization of the Sabbath.”
Account of the Inquisition at Goa, Dellon, p.56. London, 1815
“Of an hundred persons condemned to be burnt as Jews, there are scarcely four who profess that faith at their death; the rest exclaiming and protesting to their last gasp that they are Christians, and have been so during their whole lives.” Ibid p.64
Today, some of the leading Baptists even have admitted that the Sunday Sabbath isn’t in the scriptures:
“There was and is a commandment to keep holy the Sabbath day, but that Sabbath day was not on Sunday…It will be said, however, and with some show of triumph, that the Sabbath was transferred from the seventh to the first day of the week….where can the record of such a transaction be found? Not in the New Testament. Of course, I quite well know that Sunday did come into use in early Christian history as a religious day, as we learn from the Christian Fathers and other sources. But what a pity that it comes branded with the mark of paganism, and christened with the name of a sun god, when adopted and sanctioned by the papal apostasy, and bequeathed as a sacred legacy to Protestantism!” Dr. Edward Hiscox, author of The Baptist Manual

Sir, this is a warning from Revelation 22:18 to 19 for your own good.
18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by alfredfrddy(m): 3:41pm On Dec 21, 2021
papagiddy:
Either day, salvation of your soul still the main thing.....Accept Jesus Christ today!
There is no salvation in disobedience to God's law. His laws standeth sure and he is not a respecter of nobody. We either obey God and get salvation or keep obeying men (gods of men) and get damnation.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by alfredfrddy(m): 3:44pm On Dec 21, 2021
Adedoyin03:
Sincerely speaking Saturday is the seventh day but it n honouring of the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ when he resurrec on Sunday the then apostles change the Sabbath day to Sunday. Purely by revelation this changes take effect
LIES, the apostles change nothing unless it is a different bible we read. See this proofs: Acts 17:1-3; Acts 13:13-15, 42-44; Acts 16-11-13, Acts 18: 1-4.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by alfredfrddy(m): 3:46pm On Dec 21, 2021
Chuksemi:

The apostles after the death and resurrection of Jesus used to meet on the first day of the week, untill they were identified as Christians. So hence the tradition carried on. The apostles couldn’t meet on the sabbath day as it was a strict offense even in those days.
LIES. Can you show us your claims from the bible, please? Read this Acts 17:1-3; Acts 13:13-15, 42-44; Acts 16-11-13, Acts 18: 1-4. Can we stop misleading people with our baseless theology?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by alfredfrddy(m): 3:53pm On Dec 21, 2021
ArcSEMPECJ:
When God was creating the days, he never named them , Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday etc.....

So who told you he started from a Sunday and stopped at a Saturday?

If you know your Sabbath day, pls keep it holy....
DId God name January to December or will we start having our individualistic months too? I'm sure google can give answers to your questions. But all i know is that even the bible talked about a first day till a 7th day. my contention is that. why are we not fighting over the position of monday to friday but have issues with only saurday and sunday?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by alfredfrddy(m): 3:56pm On Dec 21, 2021
freeborn02:

The disciples met on Sundays after the resurrection. That's why Christians have been worshiping on Sundays.
Do you believe in Easter sunday and good Friday? if your answer is yes then we are on the same page. read the following bible verses very carefull, you will see the answers there. Mark 15-42 to Mark 16: 1-4. But if you do not celebrate them then call me on o8o32494865 and lets discuss the bible if you really seek the truth. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by alfredfrddy(m): 3:58pm On Dec 21, 2021
opius:
Because our Lord Jesus Christ resurrected on Sunday, giving us (Christians) new life and hope. The birth and earthly activities of our Lord Jesus Christ changed some old practice including worshipping on Saturday
Interesting. Please tell us all that was changed with biblical proofs.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Worship On Sundays? by alfredfrddy(m): 4:04pm On Dec 21, 2021
femi4:
The day chosen to worship corporately is not as important as the worship. After all the Lord of the Sabbath made it known that a day isn't superior to others
Please, explain with proofs. What does it mean to tell a person to remember something, istn't that the thing is important and you don't want them to forget it? and the Lord God said in Exodus 20:8-11

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
You see, fishes will never jump out of the water to tempt God and see if it will die, plants will not uproot themselves to tempt God with their lives but we humans cos we have eaten well we think we can survive outside of the presence of God. We will not escape his wrath we we don't return to God.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tithe In The New Testament: Who's Wrong Between Daddy Freeze & Nigerian Pastors? / 10 Types Of People Who Search For Bible Verses In Church. / The Church Can Bail Nigeria Out Of Recession - Pastor Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.