Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away (46533 Views)

Snakes Can't Live In Soak Aways / Soak Unripe Pawpaw In Water For 3 Days And Drink, For The Health Benefits / Soak Alligator Pepper And Bitter Kola In Coconut Water For This Body Body... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by Moreign001(m): 5:23pm On Nov 28, 2021
Dagger111:
*NOW READ THIS*....

Snakes can't live inside soakaway. The gas alone in your soakaway will kill them. Just incase you don't know, the gas inside your soakaway can generate electricity.

Again I ask, does the Snake live inside your poo Or they float ontop of poo?

Do you know your bathing soap water also goes into that soakaway, both the waste water from your kitchen? Do you know soaps carry chemicals that are harmful?

Again an average building has over 6 Chambers, think of it, for a snake to live inside soakaway and still find it way to a w.c, it means it must past many Chambers,so tell me. How possible is that?

Also it is completely madness living a storey building yet you are afraid that Snake will crawl out from your W.C, how?
it can never happen, thats because the 4inch pipe that carry your poo from the w.c to the soakaway has a smooth surface, Snake can not comfortable crawl on it. It not possible.

Now is it possible for Snake to crawl out from your W.C? yes it is. But that can only happen if you stay in a bungalow, ground floor and you have a breakage in the service chamber that has direct link to your w.c, I mean direct link to the toilet.

So please those of you that are busy
Flushing fuel and salt inside ur soakaway, sorry you are just wasting your money.

So hear it now, Snake can only come out from your W.C if you have a broken Chamber that is directly linked to you toilet.

Snakes don't live inside your soakaway because snakes too need oxygen.
Thanks!!!

Source: copied
That woman that was bitten by a snake in the WC is not ordinary. I repeat, its spiritual.
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by sirjomore(m): 5:24pm On Nov 28, 2021
BigJovi:
Write articles from home and earn 500,000 Naira

Yes. We seek to hire both new and seasoned content writers

Responsibilities include:

• Writing clear, concise and compelling articles

This opportunity is none like no other and you can work on a flexible schedule even with a 9 - 5 job.

Remuneration - Tier One Writers : 500,000 Naira

Remuneration - Tier One Writers : One Million Naira

To signify your interest, send an SMS or WhatsApp/Telegram message to 0 7 0 5 4 0 1 1 4 5 4
How true is this?
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by Ogaboss44(m): 5:26pm On Nov 28, 2021
I think there is a specie of snakes that live around toilets.

Those black snakes!!!

3 Likes

Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by mfm04622: 5:27pm On Nov 28, 2021
Reference:

No sir. This is simply not true.

Give example of snakes that don't swim
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by ImoleNaija: 5:27pm On Nov 28, 2021
impeccablephili:
Someone called me few years back that she saw snakes in her house septic tank, part of the septic tank was opened. When I got there I saw a snake with so many of it's babies. It fell inside and couldn't go out because the soak away was deep, so it started living inside the septic tank and gave birth to tens of babies. The woman asked me what she could do, I told her to bring petrol, I poured the petrol on them and they all died. Moral lesson of the story nothing is impossible in this life, some happenings are beyond logic.

Exactly!

Never say never. All we need is to be watchful.
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by Gainman: 5:27pm On Nov 28, 2021
muyoge:
Yes ooo
Knowledge is powerful
Stupid knowledge. If snake can't live inse d soakaway. Who do other organisms live there. Mosquitoes, cockroaches and others live inside d soakaway.
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by princehrt(m): 5:27pm On Nov 28, 2021
Look they are yet to tell us what actually happened to that lady
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by Crafteck1: 5:28pm On Nov 28, 2021
Its a lie, what about house of assembly? Creatures that promise and fail then manipulate instead of admitting failure
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by princehrt(m): 5:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
Gainman:
Stupid knowledge. If snake can't live inse d soakaway. Who do other organisms live there. Mosquitoes, cockroaches and others live inside d soakaway.

You don't know that mosquitoes, cockroaches and others use heat to reproduce. Every living thing have a suitable place for them to live
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by brainhgeek(m): 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2021
Dagger111:
*NOW READ THIS*....

Snakes can't live inside soakaway. The gas alone in your soakaway will kill them. Just incase you don't know, the gas inside your soakaway can generate electricity.

Do you know your bathing soap water also goes into that soakaway, both the waste water from your kitchen? Do you know soaps carry chemicals that are harmful?

Again an average building has over 6 Chambers, think of it, for a snake to live inside soakaway and still find it way to a w.c, it means it must past many Chambers,so tell me. How possible is that?

Also it is completely madness living a storey building yet you are afraid that Snake will crawl out from your W.C, how?
it can never happen, thats because the 4inch pipe that carry your poo from the w.c to the soakaway has a smooth surface, Snake can not comfortable crawl on it. It not possible.

Now is it possible for Snake to crawl out from your W.C? yes it is. But that can only happen if you stay in a bungalow, ground floor and you have a breakage in the service chamber that has direct link to your w.c, I mean direct link to the toilet.

Flushing fuel and salt inside ur soakaway, sorry you are just wasting your money.

So hear it now, Snake can only come out from your W.C if you have a broken Chamber that is directly linked to you toilet.

Thanks!!!

Every other thing is logical but that snakes can't survive the gas in the septic thank is not true. Snakes can survive harsher gas conditions than humans. They can survive relatively more toxic air than humans. They have been found living in the deepest parts of methane laddened caves , feeding on bats whose droppings produce strong methane too.
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by onaopepo1: 5:54pm On Nov 28, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

Where did this happen?

In A hospital lodge in Imo State.
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by Enyimbamercedes: 5:54pm On Nov 28, 2021
Tell them! The only way snakes get in is through the service chamber and because they have openings! The snake chases rats in there and then find their way into the WC! I told people panicking that only if you live in a bungalow, should you be concerned.
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by farouk2much(m): 6:02pm On Nov 28, 2021
All we need is wireless toilets
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by Bloomfrancs05: 6:07pm On Nov 28, 2021
Dagger111:
*NOW READ THIS*....

Thanks!!!

Oga you no know wetin you dey talk. Snakes can leave in soakaways.
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by Bloomfrancs05: 6:11pm On Nov 28, 2021
chloride6:
Nicely put...

Soakways are supposed to be sealed so how did snake get there?

Also some WC are piped to sewers and open drains lipsrsealed and not septic tanks.

Snakes can get in from here too.

Let's use this period to re-evaluate our surroundings. Clear bushes, plant lemon grass and reptile repellant shrubs...

Soakaways are not completely sealed yo.

Cesspit is the one that is sealed. Cesspit collects the solid wastes while the soakaways are there so that excess waste water can be soaked away to the surrounding soil hence the name soakaway.

There is a pipe that filters the water from the Cesspit to the soakaway whenever the water reaches the level of the pipe.

And since soakaways are not sealed completely, rodents often bore holes into them from the part that is built to let the waste water drain to the nearby soil.
And as snakes prey on rodents, they often end up in the soakaways by following the burrows made by rodents.

And snakes are perfect climbers. Yes, make no mistake about it; snakes have tiny legs which look like outgrowths. These tiny legs together with their very strong muscles make it possible for them to climb sewage pipes.

2 Likes

Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by prophetfire: 6:13pm On Nov 28, 2021
Conner44:
If rats and cockroaches can live comfortably in soak away then what’s stopping snakes from doing same undecided
Snakes can't live inside soak-away but while hunting for rodents, they can get into soak-away if it is broken or has a hole.
When this happens, due to the uncondusive nature of the place for it, it would try to get out and the natural thing is to look for source of air and this leads it to the pipe. From this pipe, it starts to crawl through to the WC.
However it can only get into a WC of a bungalow or a ground floor of a upstairs. It can't climb a pipe in an upward position to get into toilets located upstairs.
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by jaxxy(m): 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
That’s why I asked how did the snake get into the WC. Was an investigation carried out to determine this to forestall a reoccurrence?
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:55pm On Nov 28, 2021
Conner44:
If rats and cockroaches can live comfortably in soak away then what’s stopping snakes from doing same undecided
The body chemistry aren't the same bro. Reason am
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by LilMissFavvy(f): 7:00pm On Nov 28, 2021
This thread should be deleted, stop mis-informing the public. Someone call the mods to delete this trash. Snakes can live in septic tanks.
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by Limassol(m): 7:03pm On Nov 28, 2021
muyoge:
Yes ooo
Knowledge is powerful
Just common sense which seems to be getting rarer these days.
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by Zztt: 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2021
True
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by oluadedamola: 7:10pm On Nov 28, 2021
I think rats only find holes around soak aways to stay in, not inside it. But for cockroaches, it is possible the stay in it.
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by mycinegist(m): 7:28pm On Nov 28, 2021
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by EndBuhariNow(m): 7:38pm On Nov 28, 2021
You supposed to put copied from Facebook because I saw this epistle of yours there about 2 days ago... copycat like buhari, stop stealing people's work undecided
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by Bianda24: 7:46pm On Nov 28, 2021
I appreciate the writer of the article for the piece of information. I seem to agree with him particularly where he stated that snakes can't crawl or move on smooth surface particularly for those living in upstair houses.I think an opening in the chamber could be the channel through which snakes could enter into the WC. That does not mean one should be lackadaisical or complacent about it. May God keep protecting us
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by Gugle: 7:54pm On Nov 28, 2021
Dagger111:
*NOW READ THIS*....

Thanks!!!

You are mistaken Soak away with Septic tank. The human faeces is collected in the Septic tank while its complementary water goes to Soak away. Also, the water from the Kitchen also goes to the Soak away along wasted food. This implies Snakes and other animals e.g. rat, grass cutter and the likes can survive in the Soak away. Hence, always ensure all cracks around your Soak away and all Chambers are well covered.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by femiasaolu2014: 7:55pm On Nov 28, 2021
BigJovi:
Write articles from home and earn 500,000 Naira

Yes. We seek to hire both new and seasoned content writers

Responsibilities include:

• Writing clear, concise and compelling articles

This opportunity is none like no other and you can work on a flexible schedule even with a 9 - 5 job.

Remuneration - Tier One Writers : 500,000 Naira

Remuneration - Tier One Writers : One Million Naira

To signify your interest, send an SMS or WhatsApp/Telegram message to 0 7 0 5 4 0 1 1 4 5 4

You mean you don't have unemployed relatives?

Thief
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by Gugle: 7:57pm On Nov 28, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
You supposed to put copied from Facebook because I saw this epistle of yours there about 2 days ago... copycat like buhari, stop stealing people's work undecided
Who says the Op is not the owner of the Facebook Acct.
Just thinking Loud!
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by Gainman: 8:03pm On Nov 28, 2021
princehrt:

You don't know that mosquitoes, cockroaches and others use heat to reproduce. Every living thing have a suitable place for them to live
what am asking u is, do they survive with the excuse of gas in d soakaway.
Re: Snakes Can't Live Inside Soak Away by mrdipye(m): 8:03pm On Nov 28, 2021
There's oxygen in the soil(including soak away pit) and and snake lives majorly in the soil, so op I don't completely accept what you're saying.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amina Suffers Stevens-Johnson Syndrome In Katsina After Taking Septrin (Graphic) / Black Soot: The water I Used In Cleaning My House This Morning In Port Harcourt / Man Jumps Into Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.