Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? (50002 Views)

Tithe - How To Discover The True MOG / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Charlesedet: 8:15pm On Nov 28, 2021
Read ur Bible well and understand that your tithe isn't meant for the pastor bt for the church, and who makes the church? You and I......
Deut 14vs 22 to 30 says summarizes that your tithe is meant to be eaten in the church by u and nt forgetting d less privilege.
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Kingstanding: 8:16pm On Nov 28, 2021
Analyst7:

Funny how you judge so quick, read Malachi 3 v 10
What's in the Deuteronomy is the old way
Jesus brought the new way and that's what Malachi 3v10 is all about
Nobody said u shouldn't help the poor or needy but it's clearly stated the tithe is for the house of God in which u worship
The world is truly messed up now that some pastors might be entirely after money, if ur spirit is not in tune with the church u go, u can kindly leave and find another in which ur spirit is pleased
Corrupt pastors doesn't mean u shouldn't personally obey the law you're given as God will judge everybody with the work of their hands
. Malachi is it in old testament or new testament? You said Jesus brought new way which is Malachi, isn't? Malachi is it in new testament or old testament? Read your Bible very well. Shalom.
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by oratorOdunayo1(m): 8:24pm On Nov 28, 2021
WHAT WILL JESUS DO ?
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by ogascomax: 8:25pm On Nov 28, 2021
NaijaHelper1:
The envelope the church goer has on him says offering and tithe.
If I recall correctly, offering is a whole hearted sacrifice you make to God and must not necessarily be given in the church while tithe is a compulsory payment made by the faithful to God for the growth of the church.
Following this logic, since he has his offering and tithe in the same envelope, he can simply take out the offering he could have given God in the church and give to the less privileged since the location does not matter, then go to church and submit his tithe.

After you have said offering you then advised that it can be given to the poor. Offering is to God. You don't give man offering, you don't give your pastor offering. Offering belong to God. You give alms to the poor not your offering or tithe. That is why God called it offering.
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by noble2faith(m): 8:25pm On Nov 28, 2021
NaijaHelper1:
If I recall correctly, offering is a whole hearted sacrifice you make to God and must not necessarily be given in the church while tithe is a compulsory payment made by the faithful to God for the growth of the church.
Following this logic, since he has his offering and tithe in the same envelope, he can simply take out the offering he could have given God in the church and give to the less privileged since the location does not matter, then go to church and submit his tithe.

You are a madman!
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Ahasco(m): 8:26pm On Nov 28, 2021
Confusion everywhere yekpa! Na double wahala for deadi bodi and d owner of deadi body. Una go fear fear na. Just imagine how dey analyse some shit over money paid to a fellow man like them claiming it's god. I spit in disgust
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by dannovidlimited: 8:26pm On Nov 28, 2021
maureensylvia:
Tell us guys cheesy grin grin

Even d tithes is not d man's money so then will he take someone else money to save d sick
Stop insulting urself thinking u are doing well to cast d church
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Sent87: 8:26pm On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
undecided

If you had actually considered what Jesus Christ said in context - Matthew 7 vs 1 - 13 , you would have instead seen clearly Jesus Christ's message there to us which is that we reject every doctrines and traditions of men as they are all of them lies, an abomination where God's Truth is concerned. undecided
There's nothing in Mathew 7:1-13 to support your stance, rather it actually gives more credence to my postulations.
Check out verse 12( Mathew 7)of that Scripture, it says we do to others what we except to be done to us, Jesus even went further to say this was the whole summary of the law and prophets.
So let's be sincere in your heart of hearts assuming you were the person in critical need or emergency you are asking for help from a brother who is going to pay his tithe and offering and who has no other money to spare aside from that tithe and money. What would be your expectation? Especially if your needs bother on life and death?
Won't you expect the brother to help you with that tithe money?
Let's be honest.
Please open your heart and reread Mark 7:11-13 thanks
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
Sent87:

There's nothing in Mathew 7:1-13 to support your stance, rather it actually gives more credence to my postulations.
Check out verse 12 of that Scripture, it says we do to others what we except to be done to us.
So let's be sincere in your heart of hearts assuming you were the person in critical need or emergency you are asking for help from a brother who is going to pay his tithe and offering and who has no other money to spare aside from that tithe and money. What would be your expectation? Especially if your needs bother on life and death?
Won't you expect the brother to help you with that tithe money?
Let's be honest.
Please open your heart and reread Mark 7:11-13 thanks
Are you certain about this? Because the same teaching is also found in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 and what is spoken of Isaiah is easily confirmed. Read the passage from beginning to see if you properly grasp what Jesus Christ is saying at all.

Mark 7 vs 1-13 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Now when the Pharisees gathered to him, with some of the scribes who had come from Jerusalem,
2. they saw that some of his disciples ate with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed.
3. (For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands properly,[a] holding to the tradition of the elders,
4. and when they come from the marketplace, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions that they observe, such as the washing of cups and pots and copper vessels and dining couches.[c])
[b] 5.
And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, “Why do your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?”
6. And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,
“‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;

7. in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

8. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the (doctrines and rules)** tradition of men.”
9. And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!
10. For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’
11. But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God)[d]—
12. then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother,
13. thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.”
** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by rainlover(m): 8:34pm On Nov 28, 2021
Where's Righteousness
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Nauttyprof(m): 8:36pm On Nov 28, 2021
Here is the truth. We keep painting scenarios just to speak ill of the church and in a way satisfy the evil intent of the heart.

Nothing stops you from helping the poor or paying your 'tithe' to the church. I am so much sure that even the OP has never helped the poor with substantial amount equivalent to 10% of her income but will like to create issues against those who pay their tithes all in the name of helping the poor.

Before you attack me, I don't believe in tithe anymore but I believe only in giving to God as stated in the new testament which replaces tithe.

I just don't support the so called nonsense people keep creating on tithe and the poor. You'd discover that many who raise this matter most times have never even given substantially to the poor when compared to even some of these tithe payers.
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by AdeniyiA(m): 8:38pm On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So instead of listening directly to Jesus Christ, you listen instead this man? undecided

Hi Kobo, I know you don't like the man from the onset.... So what exactly did Jesus say about tithing?

The closest I see in the new testament is in James...
James 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

If the emphasis on tithe is on avoiding sinning, the society would be a better place to live in
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Mayeldah(m): 8:41pm On Nov 28, 2021
Today's Pastors agree that Jesus came to do away with the old laws but when it comes to money they hold on to the a particular section of the old law.

I give as led, but in this situation, I am 90% percent sure I will give it to the needy.
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Sent87: 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Are you certain about this? Because the same teaching is also found in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 and what is spoken of Isaiah is easily confirmed. Read the passage from beginning to see if you properly grasp what Jesus Christ is saying at all.
** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted
I don't think I can properly grasp what Jesus is saying?
But I know one thing and that is God is love,
I won't watch a sick man die in front of me, if what can be use to save him is my tithe, assuming I have no other money.
What I understand foremost about Christianity is that it's founded on love. I don't know where this hardness of heart or wickedness is coming from. Certainly not from Jesus.
Thank you.
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Kobojunkie: 8:44pm On Nov 28, 2021
AdeniyiA:
Hi Kobo, I know you don't like the man from the onset.... So what exactly did Jesus say about tithing?

The closest I see in the new testament is in James...
James 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

If the emphasis on tithe is on avoiding sinning, the society would be a better place to live in
I don't like the man? You are wrong... what I hate is the fact that these men lie to you all in the name of God keeping you blind to the Truth of God as taught by Jesus Christ Himself - Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 and Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 undecided

If your eyes had been open to the Truth of Jesus Christ, you would not have said what you said of Jesus Christ teaching nothing that pertains to this topic. Jesus Christ taught you in Matthew 5 vs 42, a lesson also found written of in Proverbs 3 vs 28 saying, "if your neighbor asks you for something you have in your hands, don't tell him to come back tomorrow, give it to him..." undecided
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Jacobmanny(m): 8:46pm On Nov 28, 2021
The energy on this tithe issue is just crazy sometimes. I believe everyone budgets his or her finance, so why should one be judged if he/she refuses to rechannel his or her resources for another purpose like charity?
A small formula I learnt years ago from a Wiseman
- 20% savings
- 10% Tithe
- 10% Charity
- you live off the remainder.
If i come across someone in this situation and I have exhausted the money designed for charity, then I walk pass and pray someone with the resources help them out but never giving out my tithe.
I might consider making sacrifices from the remaining money I live off but this emotional blackmail centered on my tithe money will never get to me.
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by bergs2: 8:47pm On Nov 28, 2021
Sundaypaul12345:
Why won't u help the needy That's pure madness mehn, you can still recover your tithe and give it later on. Meanwhile FTC today, Seun how far?? make I send my acct number
The truth is that there's no point taking the tithe to the church when actually the journey has been reduced: its intent has been met; the poor and the needy.
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Nov 28, 2021
Sent87:
.I don't think I can properly grasp what Jesus is saying?
But I know one thing and that is God is love,
I won't watch a sick man die in front of me, if what can be use to save him is my tithe, assuming I have no other money.
What I understand foremost about Christianity is that it's founded on love. I don't know where this hardness of heart or wickedness is coming from. Certainly not from Jesus.
Thank you.
the same God you claim is love is the one who taught to you what is written there in Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 and Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 and He expects you to Obey Him. undecided

God never asked you, a Gentile, for tithes. Neither did Jesus Christ. His tithing and offering Laws He gave only to those of the blood of Jacob - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 undecided

The New Covenant has no tithing or offering laws to begin with so such ideas are sin against God. undecided
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by bergs2: 8:48pm On Nov 28, 2021
Analyst7:
You can help the poor in ur own capacity but ur tithe isn't meant for the poor
What is It meant for?
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Keji1012(m): 8:50pm On Nov 28, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

WWJD?

Stop smoking weed sir
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by NoGirlfriend: 8:52pm On Nov 28, 2021
Analyst7:
Ignorance!
read Deau 14:28&29
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Keji1012(m): 8:52pm On Nov 28, 2021
Ekugbeh:
So it's only tithe that's with him and no other money abi, the way you guys twist this tithe of a thing just to suit your dellusioned narrative is something to be commendable.

What if he has invested the remaining 90% and just have that 10% left?
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Sent87: 8:53pm On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
the same God you claim is love is the one who taught to you what is written there in Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 and Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 and He expects you to Obey Him. undecided

God never asked you, a Gentile, for tithes. Neither did Jesus Christ. His tithing and offering Laws He gave only to those of the blood of Jacob - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 undecided

The New Covenant has no tithing or offering laws to begin with so such ideas are sin against God. undecided
Are you sure you are even a Christian?
Cos we see Jesus healing the sick on the Sabbath day, this was Jesus breaking the Sabbath law of rest.
Read Mark 3:1-6
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Kriss216: 8:56pm On Nov 28, 2021
Analyst7:
So, Tithing is meant for the rich only
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Kobojunkie: 8:56pm On Nov 28, 2021
Sent87:

Are you sure you are even a Christian?
Cos we see Jesus healing the sick on the Sabbath day, this was Jesus breaking the Sabbath law of rest.
Read Mark 3:1-6
Recall what I has said earlier about Jesus Christ calling us to do as He says and not as He did? undecided
Kobojunkie:
Are you certain the contention here comes from me though? Your quote suggested we are to do as Jesus Christ did. Mine was to correct that notion since it is incorrect. undecided

Jesus Christ lived according to the Old Covenant Law of Moses, this in order to fulfill the Old Law on behalf of all those He was sent to ransome from it, so He did not do as He commanded us to do. undecided
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by CoolAmbience(m): 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2021
NaijaHelper1:

Mtchewww.

Whatever you call it...offering o, tithe o.

You are giving it to your pastor, not God.

What sort of endless deception is that?

Occasionally, I sit down to try and rationalize the irrationality in the presumption that money could be given to God.

What would God do with the money? What does He need money for? To complete the project of constructing heaven, I guess.

You guys won't stop being ridiculous!
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Sent87: 9:02pm On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Recall what I has said earlier about Jesus Christ calling us to do as He says and not as He did? undecided
Ok you just confirmed my suspicion, you are truly not a Christian.
If we are to do only what Jesus command us to do and not do what he did, pray please tell me the difference. If you are truly a Christian you would understand that we are Christ rep on earth. He's our pattern. We follow him not only by words only but also by his deeds.
I think I'm done with you.
If you are sincerely seeking for the truth, Dm me. I know you're a Muslim.
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On Nov 28, 2021
Sent87:

Ok you just confirmed my suspicion, you are truly not a Christian.
If we are to do only what Jesus command us to do and not do what he did, pray please tell me the difference. If you are truly a Christian you would understand that we are Christ rep on earth. He's our pattern. We follow him not only by words only but also by his deeds.
I think I'm done with you.
If you are sincerely seeking for the truth, Dm me. I know you're a Muslim.
I already told you
Kobojunkie:
Are you certain the contention here comes from me though? Your quote suggested we are to do as Jesus Christ did. Mine was to correct that notion since it is incorrect. undecided

Jesus Christ lived according to the Old Covenant Law of Moses, this in order to fulfill the Old Law on behalf of all those He was sent to ransome from it, so He did not do as He commanded us to do. undecided
Jesus Christ called us to His New Covenant, the New Agreement between God and individuals- Matthew 26 vs 28 - 30 undecided
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Poleski: 9:09pm On Nov 28, 2021
Tithe is the most important tool used by churches to extort money from their gullible followers!

1 Like

Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by maureensylvia(f): 9:13pm On Nov 28, 2021
The energy here
Both good and bad
Thank you all for the contributions
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by TiglathPILESER: 9:13pm On Nov 28, 2021
maureensylvia:
Tell us guys cheesy grin grin

enemy of GOD...if na baba or one spiritist say make you share a chunk of you salary + sacrifices offered to the end that what you seek most will come...you for carry am come nairaland for debate? e go clear for your eyes one day...
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by fitinwell: 9:20pm On Nov 28, 2021
What is Church...? Building or Body.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Suleman Pays N400k To Girls For Three-some, Dating An Actress": Stephanie Otobo / Madam Titi Surrenders To Jesus In The Lords Chosen, Testifies In Church (Video) / If Your Wife Sucks Your Manhood, You Are Gay - Apostle Sakordie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.