Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? (50037 Views)

Tithe - How To Discover The True MOG / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by maureensylvia(f): 9:20pm On Nov 28, 2021
TiglathPILESER:
enemy of GOD...if na baba or one spiritist say make you share a chunk of you salary + sacrifices offered to the end that what you seek most will come...you for carry am come nairaland for debate? e go clear for your eyes one day...

I jump and pass
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Tecord1(m): 9:23pm On Nov 28, 2021
AdeolaOmoOba:

Since you know my Bible more than me, why not tell me what your own Bible says instead of whipping up sentiments.
I don't have to spoon feed you. Even if i tell you, you will still want to argue. Hence the reason i asked you to do your own research. What you find out for your self while reading will be difficult for someone to convince you otherwise. This being said, go read up Deut 14:22-29, Deut 26:12-13, Neh 10: 38, mal 3:10.
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 28, 2021
Aaronsrod:

Only a fool would give money to the poor and the sick.

The Bile says they will always be with us. Most of them are sinners and are already hellbound.

For me and my family we will give instead to my pastor so I can make Heaven and sit and rule at the right hand of my Jesus eternally.

I am a Christian but I'll tell you that you're very stupid for this (emphasis on the stupid).

2 Likes

Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Nezzjnr: 9:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
CharleyBright:

Who says you can't give your tithe to the Needy and poor??
Go and read Deuteronomy 26: 12-13 and come back and say that again. It is the Bible that said it, not me. Unless you want to say that that portion of the Bible is false.

This portion of the Bible is one the Pastor will never allow the congregation to know.

Deuteronomy 26: 12- 13- When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled;
13. Then thou shalt say before the LORD thy God, I have brought away the hallowed things out of mine house, and also have given them unto the Levite, and unto the stranger, to the fatherless, and to the widow, according to all thy commandments which thou hast commanded me: I have not transgressed thy commandments, neither have I forgotten them:

This is revealing
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Sirpeewise: 9:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
We know tithe is to the store house of God(bring all the tithe in to my store house so that there may be meat in my house) . Meat for the needy. Giving to God is one and the same thing as giving to the needy.(if you do it to the least of my brethren you are doing it to me). What the church does is take your tithe and offerings to the needy but if they are not doing it I don't know. if you are with your tithe and face this situation I think the wise thing to do is to give to the needy(GOD).
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by iramure(m): 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2021
NaijaHelper1:
The envelope the church goer has on him says offering and tithe.
If I recall correctly, offering is a whole hearted sacrifice you make to God and must not necessarily be given in the church while tithe is a compulsory payment made by the faithful to God for the growth of the church.
Following this logic, since he has his offering and tithe in the same envelope, he can simply take out the offering he could have given God in the church and give to the less privileged since the location does not matter, then go to church and submit his tithe.
let's stop deceiving ourselves, the money in his hand isn't going to any god anywhere, it's simply going to the church account owned and controlled by the owner to be used for whatever he likes.

1 Like

Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by iramure(m): 9:44pm On Nov 28, 2021
Religion has messed up our mentality in Nigeria.
For me, only fools rates religious laws above humanity

1 Like

Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Sirpeewise: 9:46pm On Nov 28, 2021
Nezzjnr:

This is revealing
. This is one scripture they will not show their congregation
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Analyst7: 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2021
Kriss216:

So, Tithing is meant for the rich only
I don't even know how many of u reason, m sure u don't actually care to read Ur bible
U just go with something u feel is right and what everybody think it's correct
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Trendy05(f): 9:55pm On Nov 28, 2021
I will give the tithe to the needy.

I've done it severallly sef.

Even God knows.

1 Like

Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Trendy05(f): 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2021
icansimi:
What would Jesus do?

Heal the sick but now that not everyone has healing gift like Jesus, what would happen?
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Kobojunkie: 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2021
iramure:
Religion has messed up our mentality in Nigeria.
For me, only fools rates religious laws above humanity
What religious laws do you refer to? undecided

1 Like

Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by iramure(m): 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What religious laws do you refer to? undecided
the onest that render peoples' brain functionless..

1 Like

Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 10:16pm On Nov 28, 2021
Tecord1:
I don't have to spoon feed you. Even if i tell you, you will still want to argue. Hence the reason i asked you to do your own research. What you find out for your self while reading will be difficult for someone to convince you otherwise. This being said, go read up Deut 14:22-29, Deut 26:12-13, Neh 10: 38, mal 3:10.

So, as wise as you are, these scriptures you've quoted in your own eyes asked the Levites to give tithes to the poor abi? Levites! Not the everyday Israelites o! Levites!! Wiseman Wey get spoon but no fit spoon-feed himself with the correct understanding of scriptures but thrash and biased self-styled interpretation just for clout-chasing.
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Kobojunkie: 10:18pm On Nov 28, 2021
iramure:
the onest that render peoples' brain functionless..
It ain't laws doing any of this to them. It is foolishness/blindness. undecided

1 Like

Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 10:23pm On Nov 28, 2021
AdeolaOmoOba:

So, as wise as you are, these scriptures you've quoted in your own eyes asked the Levites to give tithes to the poor abi? Levites! Not the everyday Israelites o! Levites!! Wiseman Wey get spoon but no fit spoon-feed himself with the correct understanding of scriptures but thrash and biased self-styled interpretation just for clout-chasing.

Say person get big head (heady, oversabi) or say person sabi many scriptures (I too know), or even say person dey follow Daddyfreeze gang, NO mean say e get understanding wey reach 1 tin of milk. Why not sit with the Bible yourself and read it out loud, so that you can get its contextual/overarching meaning. This one Wey everyone want turn Mumu on top another Mumu mata.

You quoted scriptures that you definitely never read. Maybe you even did bible search on Android phone for them, Na who know for you?
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by erico2k2(m): 10:29pm On Nov 28, 2021
izzou:
grin

The Tithe is just 10% of what he has earned.

The guy can still help them without using his tithe

Make dem hold am well well for trousers. E still get money well well angry
Even the pope do not pay 10% of what he earns
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2021
AdeolaOmoOba:

Say person get big head (heady, oversabi) or say person sabi many scriptures (I too know), or even say person dey follow Daddyfreeze gang, NO mean say e get understanding wey reach 1 tin of milk. Why not sit with the Bible yourself and read it out loud, so that you can get its contextual/overarching meaning. This one Wey everyone want turn Mumu on top another Mumu mata.

You quoted scriptures that you definitely never read. Maybe you even did bible search on Android phone for them, Na who know for you?

However, if you don calm down, when you are no longer full of yourself and are ready to learn, we go explain am give you. We go even tell you the true shortcomings of today's pastors on a global scale in relation to the Tithing mandate. Not all these thrash flying around, but quit your foolishness first. Quit your errant philosophy and hyper-Gnostic standpoint of libertinous interpretation of scriptures.
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by erico2k2(m): 10:31pm On Nov 28, 2021
CharleyBright:

Who says you can't give your tithe to the Needy and poor??
Go and read Deuteronomy 26: 12-13 and come back and say that again. It is the Bible that said it, not me. Unless you want to say that that portion of the Bible is false.

This portion of the Bible is one the Pastor will never allow the congregation to know.

Deuteronomy 26: 12- 13- When thou hast made an end of tithing all the tithes of thine increase the third year, which is the year of tithing, and hast given it unto the Levite, the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat within thy gates, and be filled;
13. Then thou shalt say before the LORD thy God, I have brought away the hallowed things out of mine house, and also have given them unto the Levite, and unto the stranger, to the fatherless, and to the widow, according to all thy commandments which thou hast commanded me: I have not transgressed thy commandments, neither have I forgotten them:

I do not blame the pastors I blame the followers who can read but are to lazy to read
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by izzou(m): 10:31pm On Nov 28, 2021
erico2k2:

Even the pope do not pay 10% of what he earns

It doesn't matter.

That man is holding 10% of what he has earned. He still has 90% to give to anybody.

Giving the 10% to God or anybody is not the reason we have poor people in our country
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Janosky: 10:50pm On Nov 28, 2021
Analyst7:
You can help the poor in ur own capacity but ur tithe isn't meant for the poor

Is Mark 7:7-12 in your Bible?
Mark 7:7-12.
"Their worship is a farce,

for they teach man-made ideas as commands from God.’d

8For you ignore God’s law and substitute your own tradition.”

9Then he said, “You skillfully sidestep God’s law in order to hold on to your own tradition. 10For instance, Moses gave you this law from God: ‘Honor your father and mother,’e and ‘Anyone who speaks disrespectfully of father or mother must be put to death.’f 11But you say it is all right for people to say to their parents, ‘Sorry, I can’t help you. For I have vowed to give to God what I would have given to you.’g 12In this way, you let them disregard their needy parents. 13And so you cancel the word of God in order to hand down your own tradition. And this is only one example among many others.”

The same excuse the Pharisees gave Jesus.
They refused to take care of their aged parents because their money is Corban

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by erico2k2(m): 10:53pm On Nov 28, 2021
izzou:

It doesn't matter.

That man is holding 10% of what he has earned. He still has 90% to give to anybody.

Giving the 10% to God or anybody is not the reason we have poor people in our country
you forget the fact that he could have already spent 90% of his 90% on his family
9ja with religion shaaa
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by jaxxy(m): 10:55pm On Nov 28, 2021
NaijaHelper1:
If I recall correctly, offering is a whole hearted sacrifice you make to God and must not necessarily be given in the church while tithe is a compulsory payment made by the faithful to God for the growth of the church.
Following this logic, since he has his offering and tithe in the same envelope, he can simply take out the offering he could have given God in the church and give to the less privileged since the location does not matter, then go to church and submit his tithe.

If we must be religious about tithe I think there different types of tithes and it’s not only ment for the church.
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by adedamola777: 11:01pm On Nov 28, 2021
NaijaHelper1:

Would you have suggested he looked away if he was holding his tithe only?
Omo, I fear your kind o.
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by emmyileri(m): 11:21pm On Nov 28, 2021
What if it's your exam fees and not your tithe this time around, would you still give it? Tithe is tithe, alms is alms, offering is offering..all these fall into the categories of given
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Kobojunkie: 11:49pm On Nov 28, 2021
emmyileri:
What if it's your exam fees and not your tithe this time around, would you still give it? Tithe is tithe, alms is alms, offering is offering..all these fall into the categories of given
The rule is clear. Matthew 5 vs 42 which is repeated in Proverbs 3 vs 28. If your neighbor ask you for something you have in your hands, don't say "come back tomorrow", give it to him. undecided
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Feelings79: 11:52pm On Nov 28, 2021
Analyst7:
You can help the poor in ur own capacity but ur tithe isn't meant for the poor
Deut 14.29: Tithe was meant for "the poor, the alienated, the widows and the strangers in the city".It's therefore unscriptural, the practice of pastors taking it all for themselves and their families

1 Like

Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Ayo081(m): 11:57pm On Nov 28, 2021
Prenonjebose:

The wisdom of giving leads to receiving. He would surely make a way for you, same way He made it possible for you to give to both causes

But Jesus promised the kingdom of heaven in this instance and not earthly riches undecided
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Ayo081(m): 12:06am On Nov 29, 2021
Constanttruth:
You are going to Nepa office to pay your bills and you notice a NEPA pole almost falling down, you have only your NEPA bill and a little change with you, you call some people to fix the pole so it didn't fall and pay them with the Nepa bill in your hand. Does that settle your bill?

This is funny grin

I will ask you; what does God truly desire? Mercy or Sacrifice?
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Prenonjebose: 12:22am On Nov 29, 2021
Ayo081:

But Jesus promised the kingdom of heaven in this instance and not earthly riches undecided
Luke 6:38. Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Princewell2012(m): 12:53am On Nov 29, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:

WWJD?
If people answers this question/saying truthfully, this world will be a much better place for us to live in.

Meanwhile.....

I come across this very lately.

he asked what would Jesus do. Hmm
first and foremost Jesus did not come so that the poor would get rich , john10 .10 said I came that they might have life and have it more abundantly. He told Judas when he was saying that all the money they used in buy the expensive perfume that that woman poured on the feet of Jesus should have been sold and give to the poor. Jesus replied him that me I will not be always with you, but the poor will be always with you.

what Jesus will do is simply finds out If they have any ailments like the ones we sees on the road on daily basis and heal them. But to give them money is no no-no for, wait for a minute does he even have? Even Jesus does not fall into the categories of rich people while he was on the earth including his disciples have you seen them sharing money before? But they have been seen performing miracles here and there. and preaching and Jesus and the kingdom of God wherever they goes.

2 Secondly the envelope were strictly for tithe and the Bible he was carrying with did not say he should take it to the poor either but to the store house so that there would be good in my house
Am quoting Malachi 3. So the church are to decide what happened to the money not you. Because there are people who works in the vine yard, we also have the poor and the needy in the church, some pastors are not even working apart working for God, if he comes to beg you for money you will also mock him and why didn't God pay him since he is working for God. Infact I don't even support church carrying food and money looking who to give, it left for the poor and the needy to go to the church and receive their own share of the money and from there they will be made to hear the word of God which have the capacity to change and transform their lives.

You see a lots of people used to think that Church is a charity organization or a governmental organization that looks after the poor grin
ILoveDemMANNA:

WWJD?
If people answers this question/saying truthfully, this world will be a much better place for us to live in.

Meanwhile.....

I come across this very lately.

he asked what would Jesus do. Hmm
first and foremost Jesus did not come so that the poor would get rich , john10 .10 said I came that they might have life and have it more abundantly. He told Judas when he was saying that all the money they used in buy the expensive perfume that that woman poured on the feet of Jesus should have been sold and give to the poor. Jesus replied him that me I will not be always with you, but the poor will be always with you.

what Jesus will do is simply to finds out If they have any ailments like the ones we sees on the road on daily basis and heal them. that's if he were led to do so. But to give them money is no no-no for him, wait for a minute does he even have? Even Jesus does not fall into the categories of rich people while he was on the earth including his disciples have you seen them sharing money before? But they have been seen performing miracles here and there. and preaching about Jesus and the kingdom of God wherever they goes.

2 Secondly the envelope were strictly for tithe and the Bible which he was carrying with did not say he should take it to the poor either but to the store house so that there would be food in my house
Am quoting Malachi 3. So the church are to decide what happened to the money not you. Because there are people who works in the vine yard, we also have the poor and the needy in the church, some pastors are not even working apart from working for God, if he comes to beg you for money you will also mock him and why didn't God pay him since he is working for God. In fact I don't even support church carrying food and money looking for who to give, it left for the poor and the needy to go to the church and receive their own share of the money and from there they will be made to hear the word of God which have the capacity to change and transform their lives.

You see a lots of people used to think that Church is a charity organization or a governmental organization that looks after the poor Lol, even the church needs help from the government because we have a lots of poor people among us. UK government pays the church some amount of money monthly and yearly, so the church does not want to depend on anybody for survival, that why we help ourselves and this is done through tithe and offering, vows and donations and the lord is blessing us because of this love.
1 we have the mind that if we give this money we have given it to God and he is the one to pay us. Now next week Sunday is our thanksgiving and we are calling everybody to come and eat and celebrate with us so where do you think we got this money from?

My brother to be rich and to be poor is the things of mine and is a choice to make. yes you are the one to make the choice you choose where to belong.

I want to ask you a question . Where do you think I belong rich or poor?
May be you might think I belong to the rich but you are still right anyway but as am talking to you now I don't have five thousand in my account, I can even screen shot it for you to see. But in my mind am a rich man and am also a giver and we make many rich and my God never put me to shame he takes care of my needs did you know how much I spent doing my father's burial as an igbo man you know what am talking about lord do it in a marvelous ways. My father did not spent one month in the mortuary, people were asking questions were and how do they got money because we did it in a big way.

Yes Jesus also feed people. But he didn't took the food to them. He feeds people who were listening to his sermon because they have been there for awhile and now hungry he did not want to send them away but decided to give them something to eat, you knows the story

How much did Nigeria government realized from covid 19 fund? running into billions of naira, Did you receive any alert? those are the people who supposed to help the poor after all the money were ment for the poor yet they share it among themselves. I shake my head when I heard that some churches also gave government money for that purpose is that not madness when there are poor people in the church to Carter for.

listen sir. I also gave money to beggars if I have money with me or if an led to so. If my brother is hungry and I have something with me I will gladly give him but to package my tithe and decided to give it to beggars is no go area for me even most of them might even be Boko Haram financial who will later come and collect it from them.

Take it from me their is no Christian beggar, we are from the child of the promise and not from the bond woman we are givers, builders, helpers connectors, financials elevators, we are not beggars it is not in our dictionary but we have those who are in needs and they do not remain on the floor forever we assist them to stand again and they continue to fly like eagle.
Eagle does not give birth to chicken.

I thank God that I belong to the family of eagle. Alleluia. I don't know where you belong?

Sorry for the long sermon.

God bless you.
Re: Tithe: How Would You React To This Picture? by Princewell2012(m): 1:06am On Nov 29, 2021
Proflere:
Why must he dip hands in his 90% again when he can actually give the 10% to the person that needs it the most (the needy).

What makes you think he is richer than the so called beggar? because he is putting on tie and dress neatly and have envelope on him? Don't be surprised that the so Called beggar might have more money than him. begging is a profession today, give him 1000000 the next day you will still see him there.

I should carry my 10 percent and give him while the government that rakes money in billions should looks away.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

If Your Wife Sucks Your Manhood, You Are Gay - Apostle Sakordie / Madam Titi Surrenders To Jesus In The Lords Chosen, Testifies In Church (Video) / Download "Mali Is…" Album By Mali Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.