Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? (15041 Views)

How Student Doctor Caused Woman's Death During Childbirth In Edo (Photos) / Tokophobia (fear Of Childbirth) – An Overview / How Many Of You Have Ever Experienced Sleep Paralysis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Biglittlelois(f): 9:52pm On Nov 28, 2021
God help us, labour day is truly life or death situation, the fear I have for it ehn, to watch YouTube videos of pregnant women on labour is a big no no for me, never embarassed

6 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Eriokanmi: 9:52pm On Nov 28, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
shocked

Let me wait for elders to arrive first smiley
We don come. My wife was scared when she had her first pregnancy. She was always telling her sibling who was managing at our place back then that in case anything happens, she should please take care of her baby and inform her dad about it, that she was always having bad dreams grin. I'd tell her that nothing would happen to her and our baby. She put to bed safely and the fears disappeared. That child is in SS3 today praise God!

28 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by mu2sa2: 9:52pm On Nov 28, 2021
Because of all the difficulties women go through men should heed the advice of the prophet: Have empathy for your women.
I have heard of a guy who was allowed into the labour room immediately his wife gave birth. When he saw the blood and the condition she was in he burst into tears, and it was the wife that calmed him down, assuring him that she would be fine.

8 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by ogunsbanjul(m): 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2021
She will surely deliver safely like Hebrew woman in Jesus name. Fear not dear God is in control. Were lama gbohun iya ati Omo loruko Jesu lojo ikunle.
Jabar2017:
Guys shower me prayers,my wife is pregnant nd she is just some month to go before she deliver help a brother with prayer here.... thanks...

8 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Decentdave(m): 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2021
E no easy to be a woman oo..my wife is pregnant too.
Na me fear pass o.Make una pray for her too abeg
First pregnancy no easy

18 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by hollah123: 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2021
AdaSunshine:
Fear of death during delivery was the cause of death of one of my cousins.
She had a healthy pregnancy, no complications whatsoever, until the day of labour.
She kept crying all through, and her mother that was supposed to encourage her kept crying with her.

We patiently waited for the “good news” for what seemed like forever, until evening when they called us...
We were already jubilating, thinking she had finally given birth, only to be told she died with the pregnancy. sad
y do I feel it's something spiritual, I might b wrong though

1 Like

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2021
Eriokanmi:
We don come. My wife was scared when she had her first pregnancy. She was always telling her sibling who was managing at our place back then that in case anything happens, she should please take care of her baby and inform her dad about it, that she was always having bad dreams grin. I'd tell her that nothing would happen to her and our baby. She put to bed safely and the fears disappeared. That child is in SS3 today praise God!

Thanks be to God.

4 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by YoungRay007: 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2021
Na eclampsia they kill women pass

4 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Loreettaa: 10:01pm On Nov 28, 2021
I'm not afraid of pregnancy. I just don't want a "mummy pouch" women normally get after delivery.
Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by maureensylvia(f): 10:02pm On Nov 28, 2021
YoungRay007:
Na eclampsia they kill women pass
That shit is number 1killer In pregnancy

3 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by KristaPretty(f): 10:02pm On Nov 28, 2021
I actually have severe tokophobia, that's why I'm running from the marriage thing entirely, until I overcome this fear.

I may consider gestational surrogacy instead, God willing I get an understanding partner.

This child birth thing, I cannot can. Sometimes I wish I was a man and don't have to go through the women Wahala. lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Wealthoptulent(m): 10:02pm On Nov 28, 2021
U dey hear TOKO PHOBIA, DICK-PHOBIA? EHN since na it put am there, one could be scared of death from it... cos any threat or rugged entry might lead to death truly... cry
Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by DrFunmisticGlow: 10:08pm On Nov 28, 2021
RoyalBlu:
'First pregnancy' blues cheesy.

I can very well relate o.

We thank God for His exceeding grace upon us women.

Child birthing is a wonderful experience!!!
it is not
Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by YoungRay007: 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2021
maureensylvia:

If you are pregnant, the best way to have a successful delivery is to have peace of mind. Make peace with your creator

5 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Eriokanmi: 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2021
maureensylvia:

PIH it is

1 Like

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Lekan239(m): 10:16pm On Nov 28, 2021
Guys few months for my wife to deliver, I don't know if she is scared or not, but I am. We need your prayers for save and sound delivery

15 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Olam09(m): 10:23pm On Nov 28, 2021
maureensylvia:
I was going through my pictures and stumbled on my preggy picture and smiled...remembering the reason behind the picture.

During my pregnancy days, especially my first pregnancy, I was so scared of childbirth... The thought of pushing out a baby scares me a lot ... I know what must be going through some of your minds lol.

So one day after church service, I called a camera man to snap me. I was 6 months pregnant then, to the camera man; I'm taking a normal picture. To me I'm taking my last and probably an appropriate picture for my OBITUARY.

sounds weird right? cheesy
Oh yes pregnancy can bring lots of weird thoughts... I checked on online and found out it's actually a phobia called TOKOPHOBIA

I think they got the name tokophobia from dick phobia.. so the fear of dick won't make a woman get pregnant.. toko" understand the word in yoruba.
Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by 1F30M4(f): 10:26pm On Nov 28, 2021
Always the first cos you've only heard and maybe watched some videos but never been there before. Mine was really crazy, having dreams where family members shook my lifeless body, crying in the hospital ward. For someone who has been hypertensive from a very young age, the nurses kept telling me not to play with my routine drugs cos Eclampsia or Preeclampsia. Those two words scared the sh*t out of me ngl and there was acute Malaria (++), I hate injections so much but I had to take 'em cos it was gonna have a negative effect on my lil bun in the oven.

When I went into labour, my blood pressure shot up to 200+, I was given a glass of water to quickly swallow some pills just to beat it down a bit but no way, the doctor and the nurses were so scared for me cos at a point I just laid still, they tapped me and asked if I was still there(under my breath, I called on my Jesus to take the wheel). In the end, God did it and I pushed out my bouncing baby(who was already tired btw).

Praying for all the pregnant women all over the world that they will deliver safely in healthy condition without any complications. They & their families will have cause to sing praises unto the Lord & glorify His holy name now and forever, Amen.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by gondon(m): 10:31pm On Nov 28, 2021
Mine was my wife.

After she had a still birth, and the pain I passed through preparing for her to travel to America for birthing......... 2-3weeks before departure we lost the child.......

As a strong man wey I be and advises from my Yoruba Female friends, I touched her immediately after the still birth and she took in.......

My wife got scared and over protective of the pregnancy.......
She reduced eating many stuffs and even stopped drinking wines......

Due to her consistent fear and prayer sections, I had to meet the Hospital Director (Dr) and booked her for CS the following day.

Before she was stretched to the Theatre, they asked her to kiss me and assured her that all will be well............. Her face wasn't it at all, as the fear was all over.

I was allowed into the Theater but got kitted and didn't come close to her, but we had eye contacts for over 40mins; and at the 45th min our was out.....

I forgot to mention that the Doctor who delivered her played the same Christian mix we used at home before going for the C-section..................

The part that got herself and i more scared was after she was stretched to the private ward I paid for, she was shivering like someone who just entered Russia...

The nurses said "Don't worry it will last only 15mins"........ Oboi, d mata kon stay reach 30mins plus....................see my wife saying "You said all will be well".

The Doctor said it might take her 2-3days to gas or excrete, that once that is done it shows her system is back to normal and his job as good.......

Same day at night eh!....... Come see one kind wicked mess my wife mess, na so I run komot eh.......she regained herself with my race laughter.......

Women........ una dey try.

26 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Bukolaberry(f): 10:34pm On Nov 28, 2021
Jabar2017:
Guys shower me prayers,my wife is pregnant nd she is just some month to go before she deliver help a brother with prayer here.... thanks...
with God all good this are possible,have faith fear not, your wife will deliver safely

3 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Oizee(f): 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2021
Jabar2017:
may God deliver her safely.

2 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by adedayoa2(f): 11:02pm On Nov 28, 2021
Had series of bad dreams

1 Like

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by adedayoa2(f): 11:02pm On Nov 28, 2021
Had series of bad dreams

1 Like

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Bahamas95(m): 11:07pm On Nov 28, 2021
The first time I experienced it was when my elder sister was in the labour room. Her husband called that she was finding it difficult to push.......I couldn't sleep again that night after the call, I prayed like never before. As they were making preparation for CS my cute lil niece jumped out.

8 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Joydan95: 11:19pm On Nov 28, 2021
When I was pregnant, I used to have terrible dreams. My mum had terrible dreams too and would call me to always pray, she gave me psalms to always read too. I was always going to church so one day on my way back from church, one woman at my junction told me that “God “ revealed something bad to her that I should follow her to a church to pray and I stood there transfixed thinking of the best reply to give to her. I rejected everything and proclaimed positive thing concerning my pregnancy and delivery. I didn’t allow what she said bother me, I told my husband and him being a positive person told me that I should just imagine myself holding my baby. The Saturday prior to the week when I gave birth, I went to clean the church and the pastor saw me when I was about leaving he said he felt the need to pray for me. He said he saw a barrier on my delivery day but God will give me victory. I just answered amen. I didn’t even think about it.
On the day of my delivery, labour started at 6. am and I got to the hospital. Labour was progressing until my baby’s heartbeat started running and I was booked for emergency CS, reality dawn on me and I was scared of dying in the process but I recited everything Bishop said during Shiloh 2020 together with the declarations our state pastor usually say for pregnant women that “ my delivery is going to be safe, smooth, sound and successful “ those were the words I repeated while tears were running down. I felt peace and the moment I heard the doctor say he has brought out my baby with his amniotic sac intact, I was still anxious but as soon as I heard my baby crying I started saying “thank you Jesus” till I was stitched up. They took the baby to my husband outside the theatre and after he held the baby, he passed him to my mum and forcefully entered the theatre to check up on me. grin. He kissed me and was chased away. Lol

N/B: Pregnancy/ delivery needs a lot of positivity and good vibe. Pray , watch movies, read your Bible, go out if you can but just make sure you do not give in to any negative thoughts cos the devil will jump on it. When you think of something consistently with the same energy, the universe will bring in events that will make it come to manifestation.

I pray for a safe delivery for every pregnant woman. Men support your wives o,e no easy. Sorry for my the long post, it is because of people like me they tell testifiers to share their testimonies in 30 seconds lipsrsealed

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Caboceer: 11:25pm On Nov 28, 2021
maureensylvia:
I was going through my pictures and stumbled on my preggy picture and smiled...remembering the reason behind the picture.

During my pregnancy days, especially my first pregnancy, I was so scared of childbirth... The thought of pushing out a baby scares me a lot ... I know what must be going through some of your minds lol.

So one day after church service, I called a camera man to snap me. I was 6 months pregnant then, to the camera man; I'm taking a normal picture. To me I'm taking my last and probably an appropriate picture for my OBITUARY.

sounds weird right? cheesy
Oh yes pregnancy can bring lots of weird thoughts... I checked on online and found out it's actually a phobia called TOKOPHOBIA

Is that you?

Nice boobies if yes
Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Aditkd(f): 11:42pm On Nov 28, 2021
This is one of the reasons why I don't want to settle down. Tokophobia. I really do appreciate my single life. The rigors of pregnancy are not for the faint hearted in which am in that category.
I salute all mother's out there, seriously it isn't funny.
Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Noshitboi(m): 12:02am On Nov 29, 2021
On that day i became a Lord Choosen member added with a high degree of a Mountain of Fire spirit. See speaking in teeth and tongue grin grin.
After every every the dust settled with a beautiful daughter and she's 10 months old now. God is awesome!

11 Likes

Re: TOKOPHOBIA; Fear Of Death During Pregnancy. Ever Experienced This? by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 29, 2021
TotoGame:
It happened to my aunty few years ago ...the aunty had her first child, a baby girl ...after that she got pregnant again and had a terrible Still-birth (the baby was too large and died during delivery).. she got pregnant again and had miscarriage ....After that it took close to 7years before she could take-in again

She became pregnant and was having so many bad dreams about death that she became afraid she might die during delivery.... She was telling my granny to take care of her daughter incase she dies...unfortunately she had a more terrible Still-birth this time around.... the doctor had to force the baby out cus instead of the baby using his head to come out..he used his legs, she had massive tears and wounds that led to serious bleeding ...her bad dreams really would have come true if not for God's grace...her survival was on God

But thank God...she had another child last year through CS and the baby girl is good and sound

Why do people go through so much in Nigeria just to have a baby? With all these complications and she was still trying? I'd never understand the mentality of Nigerians

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Ugu Leaf Called In English / Abortion Leads To Breast Cancer, FACH Warns / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.