Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,281 members, 7,839,386 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo (41953 Views)

EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) / Michael Owen Predicts Outcome Of PSG Vs Real Madrid, Others / Juventus Completes Signing Of Cristiano Ronaldo For £105m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Chatflick(m): 9:30am On Nov 29, 2021
Kingcalls:
Only messi fans will counter this...its showing at juve now...if Ronaldo was at city Chelsea or Liverpool, or even psg, he wud b on 20 goals now... utd don't creat more than 3 chances a game on the average and he has 10 goal.... imagine if he was in a team like those I mentioned that create about 10 to 15 a game...imagine if he was in werners place today...he wyd score his usual hat trick...Ronaldo has wasted his
His last 4 yrs with juve and now utd ...
You are shallow minded. Any sane person would not come up with this write-up. Ronaldo is good but never compare him to Messi. If you watch both of them well you'll see the difference unless you are blind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by paulolee(m): 9:33am On Nov 29, 2021
ppogba:

Carrick deserves no kudos for playing Baily. Situation forced him to play him due to Maguire' s red card. Ole never had the guts to bench him and the Carrick your are praising now isn't part of the Ole set- up.
Baily WOULD NEVER have played the match if maguire is available.
I know BT I still to tink wit dt strong performance yesterday, bailey would continue to start even if maguire returns n dts my point..
I dnt even see the need or influence of dt lazy maguire in dt team, or is it bcox he is British??
dt new incoming coach wont take such bcoz he demands more from his man n he can bench anybody he choses even if its cr7..
dis is d reason I said a coach like pep n conte cnt coach dis united bcox its seems coaches in dt united have less control or power maybe bcoz of fergie or d board making decisions
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Chatflick(m): 9:34am On Nov 29, 2021
Icandream:

Messi is struggling at PSG, 3 assist aside. He knows he's no more the same player he use to be. I don't know what u guys gain in trying to put down Ronaldo at any given time but when Messi plays badly u guys make excuses 4 him. Stop being a hypocrite abeg. Rashford that played first half what was his contribution? Him giving three assist against the worst club in French league one doesn't change the fact that Barca made him. Ronaldo at 36 has 10 goals in15 appearances. If tap in was that easy Timo Werna wud win the golden boot last season. And mind u if u wanna see how useless Messi is put him in this current man utd team that rarely control the ball against opponents. He only thrived at Barca cos everything about the team revolved around him.
Lol. Messi will perform anywhere. Pray make PSG no catch una for Champions league. Ronaldo can never be as good as Messi. If he can then let him win Ballon D'or 7 times. He doesn't even come close to ranking with Messi anymore. Ronaldo is an average player period.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by toffyz(m): 9:35am On Nov 29, 2021
Kingcalls:
Only messi fans will counter this...its showing at juve now...if Ronaldo was at city Chelsea or Liverpool, or even psg, he wud b on 20 goals now... utd don't creat more than 3 chances a game on the average and he has 10 goal.... imagine if he was in a team like those I mentioned that create about 10 to 15 a game...imagine if he was in werners place today...he wyd score his usual hat trick...Ronaldo has wasted his
Guy na fact you talk o, I swear!
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Bundle002(m): 9:36am On Nov 29, 2021
D formation against Chelsea is d best formation Man U can play dah day and it works .
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Icandream: 9:37am On Nov 29, 2021
gurunlocker:

Lol.... It is not showing at Manchester United, that's why they are topping the table.

You guys don't get it? Ronaldo will score, he definitely will, but dude is after his own personal records, always want to do it alone. So the players work for him to score, making other attackers useless. So if he doesn't score, the team will lose. You dig?

It's better for a team to work together as a whole irrespective of who score.

Example is the Argentina Copa America triumph... For the past years, all burden were on Messi to deliver, but when they have other people scoring aside Messi, they won!

That's how it works... Hopefully you get my point.

Go and read what Van Da Vaart wrote about Messi after the champions league match. He said the difference between him and Ronaldo is that Ronaldo irrespective of his age always pushes his team to win but that he (Messi) plays like someone who has no passion anymore. Wud Messi change this currently man U team coached by rookies? Hell no! He'd make it worse. Is Ronaldo the problem? No! We've played so many yrs after sir Alex retired with nothing to show. Ronaldo coming to man utd was an added bonus cos he's a winner and him being around the team will transfer his winning mentality to other players

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by arantess: 9:40am On Nov 29, 2021
Icandream:

https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/28/michael-owen-slams-manchester-uniteds-abuse-of-cristiano-ronaldo-15677956/?ito=newsnow-feed
this one owen is ranting
it might be worse when that manager comes in because he considered ronaldo old at 30, he's 36 now so i wonder
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by ppogba: 9:41am On Nov 29, 2021
paulolee:

I know BT I still to tink wit dt strong performance yesterday, bailey would continue to start even if maguire returns n dts my point..
I dnt even see the need or influence of dt lazy maguire in dt team, or is it bcox he is British??
dt new incoming coach wont take such bcoz he demands more from his man n he can bench anybody he choses even if its cr7..
dis is d reason I said a coach like pep n conte cnt coach dis united bcox its seems coaches in dt united have less control or power maybe bcoz of fergie or d board making decisions

You have cleared youth doubt by yourself. He will continue to play because he is British. He will continue to play because of the price tag. He will continue to play because of the British press.
The only prayer is that the in- coming coach is not intimidated by the British press. He expressed his doubt about shaw in an interview he granted in 2019 even when he had not dreamt about getting the Man U job. Let us just be wait and see.
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Worksunlimited: 9:42am On Nov 29, 2021
Negroid001:
For the first time in a long time.
Man u played well defensively. Chelsea were only able to score from a penalty.
Ronaldo's ego ruined Ole's squad.

You were making sense until the last sentence
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by gurunlocker: 9:42am On Nov 29, 2021
Icandream:

Go and read what Van Da Vaart wrote about Messi after the champions league match. He said the difference between him and Ronaldo is that Ronaldo irrespective of his age always pushes his team to win but that he (Messi) plays like someone who has no passion anymore. Wud Messi change this currently man U team coached by rookies? Hell no! He'd make it worse. Is Ronaldo the problem? No! We've played so many yrs after sir Alex retired with nothing to show. Ronaldo coming to man utd was an added bonus cos he's a winner and him being around the team will transfer his winning mentality to other players

Lol grin grin grin

Do you watch Messi games at all? Messi walks to save energy, you give him the ball and he make the runs. And unlike Barcelona where most passes go to Messi, it's not the same at psg, but give him the pass and he will be dangerous.

Wait till he is fully fit, then you will understand the difference. You don't compare Messi to any player!

Ligue 1 is a terrible league, looks like old serie A, they don't care about who you are, they will break your leg. EPL is a neat league, you can't compare.

Ronaldo walks very well, in fact a lot, so wetin you dey talk? These guys are saving energy so they can hit when the time comes. They are not 22 anymore!

And Van Da Vaart? That one won't even lace Messi right boot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Icandream: 9:43am On Nov 29, 2021
Chatflick:

Lol. Messi will perform anywhere. Pray make PSG no catch una for Champions league. Ronaldo can never be as good as Messi. If he can then let him win Ballon D'or 7 times. He doesn't even come close to ranking with Messi anymore. Ronaldo is an average player period.

He can't even play against Club Brugge and Leipzig. Maybe you're still living in the past. U think this PSG team that's filled with average players from the defence to the midfield is like the Barca team that had the likes of Xavi and Iniesta in the midfield. In the last 6 yrs what has been his performance level in the champions league? When they're knocked out in the Knockout stage u guys will blame Pochetino. If Ole cud beat this PSG team Man utd coached by Ranknick will bury them

4 Likes

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by TemmyT002(m): 9:44am On Nov 29, 2021
Kingcalls:
Only messi fans will counter this...its showing at juve now...if Ronaldo was at city Chelsea or Liverpool, or even psg, he wud b on 20 goals now... utd don't creat more than 3 chances a game on the average and he has 10 goal.... imagine if he was in a team like those I mentioned that create about 10 to 15 a game...imagine if he was in werners place today...he wyd score his usual hat otrick...Ronaldo has wasted his

The guy has won everything and the only thing he hasn't won, he can't win it again (World Cup). He is just having fun and breaking records.
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Crysallis(m): 9:44am On Nov 29, 2021
Milli10:

Why can't Ronaldo create chances himself if he can't score? This is the real difference between him and Messi. If Messi doesn't score in a game, he creates chances to score.

Messi played from the midfield yesterday

1 Like

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Minjim: 9:49am On Nov 29, 2021
paulolee:
DTS his opinion..big thumbs up to carrick for starting both sancho n dt bailey in dt game bcox i never expected such
Sancho got d only goal n baily had a wonderful game n I pray e keeps his shirt
united fans should get used to such surprises bcoz dt new rangnick is a master tactician n his tactical brilliance dnt support predictability...
I keep telling people dt a pep dt I know is incharge of dis squad, he wont keep starting cr7 in big games after he went silent against Leicester, Liverpool, city n even Watford...

So you expect him to score in every match?

Can that ever happen?
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by AZControversial(m): 9:50am On Nov 29, 2021
The former Real Madrid man

Former Juventus man.... point of correction. He not our business!!!
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Negroid001(m): 9:52am On Nov 29, 2021
Worksunlimited:

You were making sense until the last sentence
Ronaldo is a very selfish player. Playing him against a very offensive Chelsea team would have little or no impact. He doesn't mark. He mostly waits for passes and does tap ins. Carrick applied wisdom and fielded pacy and willing players.

Have you ever wondered why Ronaldo left Juventus? His ego rubbed on the club and they are still recovering. Man u finished 2nd last season. Do i need to point out the obvious to you?

3 Likes

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Minjim: 9:53am On Nov 29, 2021
gurunlocker:

Lol grin grin grin

Do you watch Messi games at all? Messi walks to save energy, you give him the ball and he make the runs. And unlike Barcelona where most passes go to Messi, it's not the same at psg, but give him the pass and he will be dangerous.

Wait till he is fully fit, then you will understand the difference. You don't compare Messi to any player!

Ligue 1 is a terrible league, looks like old serie A, they don't care about who you are, they will break your leg. EPL is a neat league, you can't compare.

Ronaldo walks very well, in fact a lot, so wetin you dey talk? These guys are saving energy so they can hit when the time comes. They are not 22 anymore!

And Van Da Vaart? That one won't even lace Messi right boot.

Messi is 34 years old. He can never be fully fit again. You Messi fans should face the fact.

If he can't score in France, is it in Italy or England he'll perform?

3 Likes

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Negroid001(m): 9:54am On Nov 29, 2021
Icandream:

Ronaldo's coming to man is a disaster if he is not utilized well.
Talking about messi. We never knew Barca was average until he left.

1 Like

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Minjim: 9:56am On Nov 29, 2021
Negroid001:
Ronaldo is a very selfish player. Playing him against a very offensive Chelsea team would have little or no impact. He doesn't mark. He mostly waits for passes and does tap ins. Carrick applied wisdom and fielded pacy and willing players.

Have you ever wondered why Ronaldo left Juventus? His ego rubbed on the club and they are still recovering. Man u finished 2nd last season. Do i need to point out the obvious to you?

Man u finished 2nd last season...is every season the same?
Is the season over ?

1 Like

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by TruthUntold: 9:56am On Nov 29, 2021
Icandream:

'We' as if na you and them they share the money. Hm!
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Negroid001(m): 9:58am On Nov 29, 2021
Minjim:

Messi is 34 years old. He can never be fully fit again. You Messi fans should face the fact.

Messi is fit. I feel Psg haven't found a rhythm yet for their front line. They are adapting. So far so good, the best linkups I've seen has been between Messi and Mbappe, those 2 understand themselves. Neymar needs to lose weight and start putting more effort, he doesn't slip past defenders easily like he used to before.

1 Like

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Negroid001(m): 10:01am On Nov 29, 2021
Minjim:

Man u finished 2nd last season...is every season the same?
Is the season over ?
Why are people like this. Finishing second in the epl is very commendable.
They had to make provisions for an extra unwanted striker, revolving their game around ronaldo has proved to be unsuccessful for them. Whether a team plays well or not Ronaldo will score, he has personal targets and deadlines to meet irrespective of the club winning or losing.

2 Likes

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Olam09(m): 10:02am On Nov 29, 2021
That's all i have to show

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Icandream: 10:02am On Nov 29, 2021
Negroid001:
Ronaldo's coming to man is a disaster if he is not utilized well.
Talking about messi. We never knew Barca was average until he left.

Even when Messi was there Bayern flogged them like man city, Chelsea, Liverpool will flog Coventry city, PSG that struggled against man utd managed by Ole rubbished them in their home, Roma, Liverpool, Juventus all had their fresh share of the rubbishing. Juventus is a team made up of average players, if u think Messi would have done better there let him go and play with Mois Kean, Morata, Cuadrado and other below average players there. They even finished third last season in the Spanish league. That shows how bad they are as a team. The fact that man utd is struggling shows how competitive English league is unlike the French league that only has PSG as a big team.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Worksunlimited: 10:05am On Nov 29, 2021
Negroid001:

He left because juventus couldnt pay his wages and he wasn't willing to accept a pay-cut..

His off the ball influence hasn't been the best but I have never seen Ronaldo strolling on the pitch when the person with the ball is/isnt in front of him.

Another factor is his old, he can't be running around like he used to, hence, he has moved to becoming a poacher..

Then 1 man doesn't make a team.. like owen rightfully said.. man utd needs to offload useless players..

I will pick a Ronaldo over a pogba any day.. pogba has become a shadow of himself with his useless style of play, which unfortunately rubbed off of lingard

2 Likes

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by pitamah901: 10:05am On Nov 29, 2021
Minjim:

The way some of you hype english league,pesin wey no dey watch ball go think say na una win ucl pass
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Negroid001(m): 10:06am On Nov 29, 2021
Icandream:

Even when Messi was there Bayern flogged them like man city, Chelsea, Liverpool will flog Coventry city, PSG that struggled against man utd managed by Ole rubbished them in their home, Roma, Liverpool, Juventus all had their fresh share of the rubbishing. Juventus is a team made up of average players, if u think Messi would have done better there let him go and play with Mois Kean, Morata, Cuadrado and other below average players there
Chelini and bonnuci are average?
Dybala is average?
Thet berna whatever dude is average?
Morata is average?
Bro no team wey dem no dey flog.
Even Bayern sef dey collect.
What can messi do when he is playing with a team that literally has no defence.
Even when they had the likes of Iniesta and co. Bayern still wooped them, same with Ronaldo's madrid when Dortmund thrashed them.
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Worksunlimited: 10:08am On Nov 29, 2021
Negroid001:
Chelini and bonnuci are average?
Dybala is average?
Thet berna whatever dude is average?
Morata is average?
Bro no team wey dem no dey flog.
Even Bayern sef dey collect.
What can messi do when he is playing with a team that literally has no defence.
Even when they had the likes of Iniesta and co. Bayern still wooped them, same with Ronaldo's madrid when Dortmund thrashed them.

Morata is average and oveehyped abeg..

The rest are above average.

Bonnucci doesn't play well without chiellini though
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Minjim: 10:09am On Nov 29, 2021
Negroid001:
Why are people like this. Finishing second in the epl is very commendable.
They had to make provisions for an extra unwanted striker, revolving their game around ronaldo has proved to be unsuccessful for them. Whether a team plays well or not Ronaldo will score, he has personal targets and deadlines to meet irrespective of the club winning or losing.

The challenges of this season is diff from last season's.
If a coach decided to revolve the game round Ranaldo is that Ronaldo's fault or the lack of creativity of the coach?
When Ronaldo was paired with Lingard, didn't Lingard score?
Ranaldo made a mistake going to Man u. Wait for a more experience coach to come and you'll see how he'll use Ronaldo

2 Likes

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Negroid001(m): 10:09am On Nov 29, 2021
Worksunlimited:

He left because juventus couldnt pay his wages and he wasn't willing to accept a pay-cut..

His off the ball influence hasn't been the best but I have never seen Ronaldo strolling on the pitch when the person with the ball is/isnt in front of him
If you were the president, would you pay wages to a player that is scoring for his own glory and not taking the team anywhere? They barely managed to finish top 4 last season.

Let's admit Ronaldo's glory days are over, he played his best at madrid where everyone played for him, even benzema became a supporting striker to accommodate him.
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Minjim: 10:10am On Nov 29, 2021
pitamah901:

The way some of you hype english league,pesin wey no dey watch ball go think say na una win ucl pass
Currently, judging by the last 3 UCL, the Epl is the best- and that's a fact .

2 Likes

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Kingcalls: 10:10am On Nov 29, 2021
Chatflick:

You are shallow minded. Any sane person would not come up with this write-up. Ronaldo is good but never compare him to Messi. If you watch both of them well you'll see the difference unless you are blind.

Really?? Only deluded minds thing messi is even upto Ronaldo.... messi that only has one goal after week 15... that can never happen to Ronaldo...messi has only scored in 3 games... Ronaldo has scored in 8 games....playing for a dead utd... messi in this present man u or juve will not score 30 goals in 4 yrs ....

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Someone Withdrew All The Money From My Sportybet Account / Juventus Present Cristiano Ronaldo Iconic 770th Career Goal Jersey (Photos) / Mikel Obi Cooking For His Russian Girlfriend On Val Day(Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.