Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,376 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo (41952 Views)

EPL: Michael Owen Names Ronaldo, Henry In His All-Time Greatest XI (Full List) / Michael Owen Predicts Outcome Of PSG Vs Real Madrid, Others / Juventus Completes Signing Of Cristiano Ronaldo For £105m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Negroid001(m): 10:11am On Nov 29, 2021
Worksunlimited:

Morata is average and oveehyped abeg..

The rest are above average.

Bonnucci doesn't play well without chiellini though
He is a good striker to me. It's not easy to represent a very competitive national team like spain.
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Icandream: 10:13am On Nov 29, 2021
Negroid001:
Chelini and bonnuci are average?
Dybala is average?
Thet berna whatever dude is average?
Morata is average?
Bro no team wey dem no dey flog.
Even Bayern sef dey collect.
What can messi do when he is playing with a team that literally has no defence.
Even when they had the likes of Iniesta and co. Bayern still wooped them, same with Ronaldo's madrid when Dortmund thrashed
them.

Thank God Ronaldo has rubbished Bayern Munich many times with Real Madrid. Just like what Carragha said, Messi and Ronaldo are now passengers. They don't put any pressure on the opponents. Only Messi fans think that after flopping against a big team will come back and have 3 assist against st Etienne that is sitting 20th in the French league table that he's performing. PSG last two seasons was better than what they currently look like

2 Likes

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Negroid001(m): 10:15am On Nov 29, 2021
Minjim:

The challenges of this season is diff from last season's.
If a coach decided to revolve the game round Ranaldo is that Ronaldo's fault or the lack of creativity of the coach?
When Ronaldo was paired with Lingard, didn't Lingard score?
Ranaldo made a mistake going to Man u. Wait for a more experience coach to come and you'll see how he'll use Ronaldo
Against which teams? Lol. Abegi... This is not about the coach, players score goals and win games, a united team wins competition.
You can't revolve the game around Ronaldo when players who can do the job are readily available. If Ronaldo started yesterday, sancho wouldn't have scored, united would have been trailing in the first half. Can't you see everyone was marking yesterday? Can Ronaldo do that.
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Negroid001(m): 10:16am On Nov 29, 2021
Icandream:

Thank God Ronaldo has rubbished Bayern Munich many times with Real Madrid. Just like what Carragha said, Messi and Ronaldo are now passengers. They don't put any pressure on the opponents. Only Messi fans think that after flopping against a big team will come back and have 3 assist against st Etienne that is sitting 20th in the French league table that he's performing. PSG last two seasons was better than what they currently look like
Swears bro
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by davillian(m): 10:17am On Nov 29, 2021
Let Ronaldo play 7 and let man u use attacking formation
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by emmyrate1(m): 10:18am On Nov 29, 2021
Icandream:

Messi is struggling at PSG, 3 assist aside. He knows he's no more the same player he use to be. I don't know what u guys gain in trying to put down Ronaldo at any given time but when Messi plays badly u guys make excuses 4 him. Stop being a hypocrite abeg. Rashford that played first half what was his contribution? Him giving three assist against the worst club in French league one doesn't change the fact that Barca made him. Ronaldo at 36 has 10 goals in15 appearances. If tap in was that easy Timo Werna wud win the golden boot last season. And mind u if u wanna see how useless Messi is put him in this current man utd team that rarely control the ball against opponents. He only thrived at Barca cos everything about the team revolved around him.
is messi playing as striker or midfielder? U have empty brain. If messi was in man u, he will organise that midfield and ur penaldo will have loads of goals. Shit

1 Like

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by emmyrate1(m): 10:20am On Nov 29, 2021
Bigchristo:
Yet he scores more than Messi, so why the wack comparison?
he scored more than messi but mind you messi is a midfielder not a striker,
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 29, 2021
I dont knw why some people dont like this guy. When he is not getting passes how can he create more goals upfront

1 Like

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Icandream: 10:21am On Nov 29, 2021
emmyrate1:
is messi playing as striker or midfielder? U have empty brain. If messi was in man u, he will organise that midfield and ur penaldo will have loads of goals. Shit

Let him organize PSG. Stop making excuses for him. They have a great coach but y'all because of his inconsistency pin the blame on the poor coach. Messi is finished. Stop praising him for other pple's goals.

3 Likes

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by 8stargeneral: 10:22am On Nov 29, 2021
Milli10:

Why can't Ronaldo create chances himself if he can't score? This is the real difference between him and Messi. If Messi doesn't score in a game, he creates chances to score.
HW many time he HV created and scored for psg

1 Like

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Minjim: 10:22am On Nov 29, 2021
Negroid001:
Against which teams? Lol. Abegi... This is not about the coach, players score goals and win games, a united team wins competition.
You can't revolve the game around Ronaldo when players who can do the job are readily available. If Ronaldo started yesterday, sancho wouldn't have scored, united would have been trailing in the first half. Can't you see everyone was marking yesterday? Can Ronaldo do that.
Remove all Ronaldo's goal from Man u this season and tell me where they'll be.

He has played his role well, others should do theirs.
I'm not saying it's right to revolve the whole team round him especially when he's just joining them.
But his job is to attack, which is the best form of defence.
Don't they have defenders and midfielders?
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Don27tiky(m): 10:24am On Nov 29, 2021
Kingcalls:
Only messi fans will counter this...its showing at juve now...if Ronaldo was at city Chelsea or Liverpool, or even psg, he wud b on 20 goals now... utd don't creat more than 3 chances a game on the average and he has 10 goal.... imagine if he was in a team like those I mentioned that create about 10 to 15 a game...imagine if he was in werners place today...he wyd score his usual hat trick...Ronaldo has wasted his
His last 4 yrs with juve and now utd ...
so why was Man U winning big games last season without him. But with him it’s so difficult to defeat a big teams. Man would have still lost to Chelsea if he had started. Thank God he was benched and Man U got a draw. He should wait when Man U is playing teams like Norwich or Newcastle then he can come in. This matches pass his power for now
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Icandream: 10:24am On Nov 29, 2021
emmyrate1:
he scored more than messi but mind you messi is a midfielder not a striker,

So because he can't score anymore u guys have forgotten that he's a goal scorer. Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and Paul Scholes were all midfielders but always competed in terms of goals with their team strikers

1 Like

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Negroid001(m): 10:24am On Nov 29, 2021
Minjim:

I'm not saying it's right to revolve the whole team round him especially when he's just joining them.
If he didn't score them. Someone else would have.
Wetin do Bruno, Rashford, Sancho, lingard, Mason and co?
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by marsup: 10:25am On Nov 29, 2021
Kingcalls:
Only messi fans will counter this...its showing at juve now...if Ronaldo was at city Chelsea or Liverpool, or even psg, he wud b on 20 goals now... utd don't creat more than 3 chances a game on the average and he has 10 goal.... imagine if he was in a team like those I mentioned that create about 10 to 15 a game...imagine if he was in werners place today...he wyd score his usual hat trick...Ronaldo has wasted his
His last 4 yrs with juve and now utd ...
Nobody forced him to come to Man u. As for yesterday's game, if Ronaldo had started the match, Chelsea would have scored multiple goals. He would have distorted the compact organisation of the team . Just my opinion though.

1 Like

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by oluwaahmed: 10:30am On Nov 29, 2021
Kingcalls:

Mumu maguire was red carded shaw was injured...u be pure otelo for football...u dont even hv facts, yet u go come here de talk nonsense, say u de analyse...typical messi zombie

Oga maguire and luke Shaw have been terrible weeks leading up to the injury and red card. If maguire was in that match Chelsea would have won it. Lindelof and Baily held it down in the defence even tho luck was on Manchester side.

1 Like

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by paulolee(m): 10:32am On Nov 29, 2021
Minjim:

So you expect him to score in every match?
Can that ever happen?
DTS d raw fact dt his fans n united people still never understand.
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Don27tiky(m): 10:32am On Nov 29, 2021
Joebayo217:
u're expecting Ronaldo to create chance in d match man u didn't dominating
so it’s only when a team dominate that a player should create chances? Na today I confirmed say Ronaldo no near goat status you guys talk about
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Negroid001(m): 10:33am On Nov 29, 2021
oluwaahmed:

Oga maguire and luke Shaw have been terrible weeks leading up to the injury and red card. If maguire was in that match Chelsea would have won it. Lindelof and Baily held it down in the defence even tho luck was on Manchester side.
That Maguire na farmer. I still fit manage Shaw
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by TLION(m): 10:39am On Nov 29, 2021
paulolee:

just imagine Wetin person de assume....all goals bt not talking about other ways he would help d team incase d goals stops coming bcoz he cnt score in all games...
even if united loses or goes trophiless, they is no problem as long as cr7 keeps scoring tapins each week to keep shallow minds like u happy abi?
messi got a hatrick of assist today n come next year u would be asking how hr would win d ballon d or again...
I no justs even understand how una take de analyse football
. Against 10
Men in farmers league

1 Like

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by yetunsbay(m): 10:44am On Nov 29, 2021
paulolee:

simple...than waiting for only tapins or depending on a creative team to keep loading him with assist...
d moment mendy gave away dt ball to Fred in dt chelsea game, I happy as fred went for goal n try to lob Mendy bt missed...
e for pain me say e pass d ball to cr7 bcoz dt wan go score empty net with his normal tap in, rush n offshirt asif he did everything n his fans go flood nairaland dey shout say he won united all 3 points bcoz he always perform in big games..
player dt can do nothing without d help of mistake from defense or tapins from team mate
one hater sighted Baba use the transformer

1 Like

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by fourboys: 10:44am On Nov 29, 2021
Joebayo217:
u're expecting Ronaldo to create chance in d match man u didn't dominating
yes he can still create chances.. bitter truth is that Ronaldo always wait for tapins
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:45am On Nov 29, 2021
gurunlocker:
grin

If they had started Pendu, they are definitely losing that game. It was tactical! Chelsea will press them very well, and Pendu on the pitch means a player down aside goalscoring (since they are been pressed).
So y is it not man u players pressing
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Don27tiky(m): 10:46am On Nov 29, 2021
Yinkakolawole:
I dont knw why some people dont like this guy. When he is not getting passes how can he create more goals upfront
messi is an exceptional player. It is goals that make Ronaldo mostly against smaller teams that makes people even compare him with Messi. When Portugal won euro he played a bit part in the tournament and did not contribute much to the team. But Messi won copa America as the highest goal scorer and best player of the tournament. Ronaldo has played many games against the big teams in epl and hasn’t scored much compare to Messi that has never played in the epl but has a staggering record against them. He Ronaldo has never scored Chelsea and any South American national teams. He scores more against weaker opposition both national teams and club levels

1 Like

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Don27tiky(m): 10:49am On Nov 29, 2021
Minjim:

take Ronaldo out of Man U team and you will find them in either 2nd or 3rd position on the epl table
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Ekugbeh(m): 10:50am On Nov 29, 2021
paulolee:

simple...than waiting for only tapins or depending on a creative team to keep loading him with assist...
d moment mendy gave away dt ball to Fred in dt chelsea game, I happy as fred went for goal n try to lob Mendy bt missed...
e for pain me say e pass d ball to cr7 bcoz dt wan go score empty net with his normal tap in, rush n offshirt asif he did everything n his fans go flood nairaland dey shout say he won united all 3 points bcoz he always perform in big games..
player dt can do nothing without d help of mistake from defense or tapins from team mate
lol, where these people de come from sef. Everyone is now a pundit

1 Like

Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 11:02am On Nov 29, 2021
Bigchristo:
Yet he scores more than Messi, so why the wack comparison?

Oga messi is a better goal scorer to Ronaldo, check the goal ratio, minute per goal, hour per goals or games per goal. Ona go just dey talk off point without proper analysis.
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by obonujoker(m): 11:07am On Nov 29, 2021
[s]
paulolee:
DTS his opinion..big thumbs up to carrick for starting both sancho n dt bailey in dt game bcox i never expected such
Sancho got d only goal n baily had a wonderful game n I pray e keeps his shirt
united fans should get used to such surprises bcoz dt new rangnick is a master tactician n his tactical brilliance dnt support predictability...
I keep telling people dt a pep dt I know is incharge of dis squad, he wont keep starting cr7 in big games after he went silent against Leicester, Liverpool, city n even Watford...[/s]
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 29, 2021
Chatflick:

Lol. Messi will perform anywhere. Pray make PSG no catch una for Champions league. Ronaldo can never be as good as Messi. If he can then let him win Ballon D'or 7 times. He doesn't even come close to ranking with Messi anymore. Ronaldo is an average player period.

God bless you, although Ronaldo is not an average player, comparing him to messi is sentimental
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Worksunlimited: 11:08am On Nov 29, 2021
Negroid001:
If you were the president, would you pay wages to a player that is scoring for his own glory and not taking the team anywhere? They barely managed to finish top 4 last season.

Let's admit Ronaldo's glory days are over, he played his best at madrid where everyone played for him, even benzema became a supporting striker to accommodate him.

Look at the circumstances... Majority of juventus players don't like Ronaldo, fine! Ronaldo is egostitical, I watched a couple of their games, the other players rather pass to dybala than Ronaldo..

I don't blame them, its like going to a prison where most of the inmates were placed in there by you.

Ronaldo was their bane in them not winning champions league..

The hatred chiellini has for Ronaldo ehn, it's visible to the blind.

In the match against Chelsea, the man utd fans were shouting his name right from the start of the match.

I was telling someone that the man utd fans came to bully the Chelsea supporters, they were significantly louder than Chelsea supporters..

They were heavily behind their team, despite their recent bad outings .. Chelsea supporters just quiet for stadium and yet they were home.
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Laurene: 11:18am On Nov 29, 2021
Negroid001:
For the first time in a long time.
Man u played well defensively. Chelsea were only able to score from a penalty.
Ronaldo's ego ruined Ole's squad.
Ronaldo's ego, how?
Re: It’s Abuse!’ – Michael Owen Slams Manchester United’s Use Of Cristiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 29, 2021
Of course Carrick had to play a defensive game against the kings of England (Chelsea) at our own den. He knows his team is crap and if he had attacked, he knows they would have choped like 7 goals on the counter. And then it’s the very same people like Michael Owen that will be calling for his sack now.

He did a wise thing. They should give him some credit.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Someone Withdrew All The Money From My Sportybet Account / Juventus Present Cristiano Ronaldo Iconic 770th Career Goal Jersey (Photos) / Mikel Obi Cooking For His Russian Girlfriend On Val Day(Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.