Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? (20367 Views)

Boys & Girls Caught Taking meth In South-East (Video) / FACT-CHECK: Is Coronavirus Caused By 5G Technology? / Did A COVID-19 Patient Die In Omole Estate? A Fact Check (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by Ofodirinwa: 8:30pm On Nov 29, 2021
dumahi:
I have seen that many people are always looking for bad news about the South-East to satisfy their sadist souls. Recently, there has been this furore about the abuse of methamphetamine among the South-eastern youths. Someone has even created a moniker ndimkpurummiri to celebrate it.

But, I am here to disappoint such people with both first hand experience and objective statistics. While I am not here to say that no youth in SE is abusing meth or any other drug, I am here to prove that the prevalence is not so much as to warrant such an uproar. Also, when compared to other regions, SE is one of the regions with the least prevalence of drug abuse.

For example, last October, NDLEA boss Bubar Marwa cited a survey by the United Nations Office on Drug and Crime (UNODC) which shows that the region with the highest prevalence of drug abuse in Nigeria is South-West (with Lagos scoring 32% prevalence and Oyo, 22%).

And, if this is not enough to convince you, I can tell you that I live on the street in South-East and I have hardly met anyone misbehaving (like the alayes who are a common sight in any town in South-West). This proves the UNODC statistics beyond doubt.

What you're seeing is one of the many positives of Igbo culture. The village is family so things like this happening in your community is treated seriously because it's not happening to strangers. Any interruption of peace is addressed seriously when it gets out of hand because it is impacting family. So even if Igboland is 'the least' burdened, it doesn't matter. We don't want it means we don't want it and we're protecting our families.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by InoGetJoy: 8:37pm On Nov 29, 2021
kingthreat:
Something that has an igbo name, you are still denying its existence in the South East?
You know what there is no meth. Let your youths do whatever they want. Las las, when una mental homes full, una go get sense.
Say no to drugs.
The name of the drug is crystal meth. Mkpụrụ mmiri is just what it's called in Igbo. first time I was someone taking that stuff was in Lagos State more than 4 years ago. It's ravaging the West but unlike the east, you guys have chosen to turn a blind eye
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by TinubuGoQuench(f): 8:43pm On Nov 29, 2021
gawu1:

Go to umuleiri t-junction and orlu nnema bus stop especially every Monday morning when sit at home is observe.
You will see them with your corocoro eyes. That's if ipob pigs high on the Mkpụrụmmiri didn't kill you like they killed Dr Okonjo and Gulak

SHAMELESS CHEAP PAID AGENT!!! WE KNOW YOUR TYPE. WE, FROM THE KOKORO POLITICAL SCHOOL KNOW VERY WELL THAT THE USELESS FULANI TERRORIST GOVERNMENT WHICH MANIFESTS IN APC KILLED GULAK AND DR AKUNYILI. TO PROVE THAT YOU ARE EMPTY, YOU COULDN'T EVEN DIFFERENTIATE MURDERED AKUNYILI AND OKONJO
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by grandstar(m): 8:48pm On Nov 29, 2021
dumahi
You are not being objective. All you are keen on is exonerating Igbo rather than condemn drug addiction in general.

I very much doubt meth has a base up North. Igbos are propably at the receiving end presently as they are constitute the vzst majority of overseas Nigerians fingered in the trade. Hence, these heartles souls have not shied now from selling it to their kith and kin.

Meth, if history is a guide, will eventually shift to other parts of the country where disillusioned youths wil engage in it.

Anyone rejoicing over meth in the Southeast is just being shortsighted. The prayer now should be that it does not spread. Just like many pointed fingers at the Chinese for the Corona virus znd even poked fun zt them, they, the Chinese, are now having the last laugh.

When Black neighbourhoods in America suffered from crack addiction for decades, there was no empathy. Now that meth and opiods are now devastating White America, greater scrutiny and belated empathy is now being shown.

1 Like

Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by RodgersAkpafu: 9:01pm On Nov 29, 2021
This thread is an unnecessary thread
Why do we see anything as a personal attack on our ethnic group?
meth is actually a serious problem right now in my state of origin especially
Anybody telling you otherwise is window dressing the reality
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by Bigboy911: 9:09pm On Nov 29, 2021
[quote author=Tranquillity360 post=108049044]talk about our skull mining tradition.

Better respect our culture. [/quote
Afonja skull miner,kawaii grin grin
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by BLIZZARDCON: 9:16pm On Nov 29, 2021
Shame on you.
Instead of facing facts and joining others I seeking for solutions, you are here taking a ride on sentiments and emotional reactions to an early discovery of a problem (early warning)

I am sure you are also one of those who delude themselves by seeing nothing wrong with IPOB and ESN.

You need to know that that your meth is one of the drugs to alter people's minds, that is its purpose.

Such drugs are related to terrorism, ask those in the North East how their youths became part of destroying their own regions, their minds were altered by introducing them to drugs.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by BLIZZARDCON: 9:17pm On Nov 29, 2021
Instead of facing facts and joining others I seeking for solutions, you are here taking a ride on sentiments and emotional reactions to an early discovery of a problem (early warning)

I am sure you are also one of those who delude themselves by seeing nothing wrong with IPOB and ESN.

You need to know that that your meth is one of the drugs to alter people's minds, that is its purpose.

Such drugs are related to terrorism, ask those in the North East how their youths became part of destroying their own regions, their minds were altered by introducing them to drugs.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by comrChris(m): 9:24pm On Nov 29, 2021
I'm in the east, I only hear about this mkpurummiri online, never seen it or anyone misbehaving because of it
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by unmask: 9:33pm On Nov 29, 2021
dumahi:
I have seen that many people are always looking for bad news about the South-East to satisfy their sadist souls. Recently, there has been this furore about the abuse of methamphetamine among the South-eastern youths. Someone has even created a moniker ndimkpurummiri to celebrate it.

But, I am here to disappoint such people with both first hand experience and objective statistics. While I am not here to say that no youth in SE is abusing meth or any other drug, I am here to prove that the prevalence is not so much as to warrant such an uproar. Also, when compared to other regions, SE is one of the regions with the least prevalence of drug abuse.

For example, last October, NDLEA boss Bubar Marwa cited a survey by the United Nations Office on Drug and Crime (UNODC) which shows that the region with the highest prevalence of drug abuse in Nigeria is South-West (with Lagos scoring 32% prevalence and Oyo, 22%).

And, if this is not enough to convince you, I can tell you that I live on the street in South-East and I have hardly met anyone misbehaving (like the alayes who are a common sight in any town in South-West). This proves the UNODC statistics beyond doubt.
Is your work to prove that others have a bigger drug problem than you? Or to realise there is a problem and fix it so at a point in the future, you can say yes we had a problem but now we are good. Showing someone has a bigger problem than you doesn't take away your own problems.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 29, 2021
Yeah....meth abuse isn't a real thing. Just like UGM.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:47pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ndimkpurummiri:
any problem with my moniker? Or are you high on meth?

Where people doesn't think after taken meth in Ibadan

Kindly watch to the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec8J5XQtuC4
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by izac82: 10:21pm On Nov 29, 2021
Sleekfingers:

How about baby factories? It truly show how solidly knitted una be
Just as you guys are closely knitted on almajirism and banditry. Terrorist, don't ever in your life mention me, mey your life no bend.
mumu angry
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by gawu1: 10:25pm On Nov 29, 2021
PHIPEX:
You can't even spell the names of the towns you are referring to nor know the names of the VIP that was killed yet people like you open threads on happenings in the East. You are buttressing the OP's point.
I take correction for the name Dr Okonjo wrongly put there; I had meant to type Dr Akunyili instead. However, I own to every other thing there. It's not more news that many known and unknown personalities have been assassinated by ipob pigs under influence of Mkpụrụmmiri addiction.
That spellings of names of the towns were wrong haven't taken way the staring notorious facts; at least you have deciphered those locations. So, go verify the facts, whether yes or no they are dens Mkpụrụmmiri addicts. Simple!
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by gawu1: 10:45pm On Nov 29, 2021
TinubuGoQuench:

SHAMELESS CHEAP PAID AGENT!!! WE KNOW YOUR TYPE. WE, FROM THE KOKORO POLITICAL SCHOOL KNOW VERY WELL THAT THE USELESS FULANI TERRORIST GOVERNMENT WHICH MANIFESTS IN APC KILLED GULAK AND DR AKUNYILI. TO PROVE THAT YOU ARE EMPTY, YOU COULDN'T EVEN DIFFERENTIATE MURDERED AKUNYILI AND OKONJO
Who is shameless like ipob pigs terrorists who are in the known of always trying to deny their own atrocity.
I take correction for the name Dr Okonjo wrongly put there; I had meant to type Dr Akunyili instead. However, I own to every other thing there. It's not more news that many known and unknown personalities have been assassinated by ipob pigs under influence of Mkpụrụmmiri addiction.
Thus, wrong placing of that name haven't taken way the staring at you notorious facts; at least you have deciphered those locations. So, go verify the facts, whether yes or no they are dens Mkpụrụmmiri addicts. Simple!
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by tradepunter: 11:15pm On Nov 29, 2021
Ndimkpurummiri:
any problem with my moniker? Or are you high on meth?

I noticed you are very questionable character... You wanna appear as though you bringing such news to the fore front when in fact it's more of a smear campaign.

All those working round the clock to make this false narrative gain traction have failed woefully.

I am not ibo but my transit across the east and Nigeria every month due to the nature of my job tells me the propaganda been pushed is big.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by onuman: 12:01am On Nov 30, 2021
louqas:

Only one tribe hates everybody

Only ibos hate everybody else

Cos others no allow them dominate them....the next thing is yo hate their neighbours and hosts

Ibos are the only ones who hate everybody and themselves at the same time..... the word LOVE has no place in their vocabulary while hate has numerous acronyms

Hate? Why hate for Igbo?
Most of the haters of Igbo are people who believe that crude oil in the Niger Delta is all there is for a country to survive.
They believe that once Igbo goes away from Nigeria through Biafra, the rest of the Niger Delta oil-Producing SS must also leave Nigeria for new country or countries.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by rayval(m): 1:01am On Nov 30, 2021
What point are you trying to prove? This is a meaningless post… You do not have to prove anything to anybody.. focus should be on why the sudden noise about the drug in the SE.. and not try to use statistics to prove emptiness.. focus on the problem.. what happens if everyone agrees that you are right.. does it solve the problem.. even if the northern leaders agree that they do more drugs than SE, does it solve the problem.. you are part of the problems in this country… you and your likes always trying to prove nonsense point about tribes.. change ur mindset.. and focus..
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by rayval(m): 1:03am On Nov 30, 2021
Seun makes money from tribal fights… he is part of the problem
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by NASTYNASOSO: 1:50am On Nov 30, 2021
eTen94:
Go to Kano sabon gari, aneke street, Ibrahim taiwo street and it's environs you see the work of meth and other drugs

HMMMM

DAMN NIGGER

YOU JUST MENTIONED WHERE IBO FAMILIES LIVE
BESIDES IBRAHIM TAIWO ROAD IS JUST A COMMERCIAL HUB LIKE MARINA.
SEEMS YOU ARE JUST GUESSING
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by NASTYNASOSO: 1:53am On Nov 30, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
I have never seen it here in the North but we have other worst drugs that abuse very well here. Tram now is 5h codeine is for big boys too. Other dirty drugs.
HMMMMMMMM
TRAM AND THE OTHERS CANNOT BE IN ANY WAY COMPARED TO METH .
RETRIEVE YOUR WORST ASSERTION.
TRAM IS ABUSED EVERYWHERE IN NIGERIA.
NO COMPARISON TO THE DESTRUCTION THAT METH BRINGS
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by Nobody: 2:14am On Nov 30, 2021
ugotaya:

Its true nobody want to imaging the worst but sometimes there's no fire without smoke. seeing some weird videos on youtube and Fb from the east...that alone will clear your doubts Yes, the drug is now prevalent in the East. Its time for quick intervation and for us to create more awares of the danger to the youths. Stop blaming people for your predicament and start looking for solutions.

Try and read the guy's write up he is talking about prevalence no one is denying that meth is not consumed in the east, but it's prevalence is low compared to other regions. in all honesty if NDLEA give you statistics on drug use you would be shocked that south west takes the lead followed by the north. what the igbos are doing is laudable challenging the problem before it reaches epidemic proportions.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by kingthreat(m): 4:17am On Nov 30, 2021
Mightyhaiz:
igbo name ke. Mpkuru mmiri simply means ice,..as in ice block

Oh okay. Didnt know
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by kingthreat(m): 4:19am On Nov 30, 2021
InoGetJoy:

The name of the drug is crystal meth. Mkpụrụ mmiri is just what it's called in Igbo. first time I was someone taking that stuff was in Lagos State more than 4 years ago. It's ravaging the West but unlike the east, you guys have chosen to turn a blind eye

True it is ravaging everywhere. I wish the initiatives done by the Easterners could be emulated in other parts of Nigeria. The war against drugs is one to win else our youths will be more useless..
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by Diligence: 5:27am On Nov 30, 2021
The Strategy of not sweeping this menace under D carpet in Biafra, is commend. Noise it, fight it, stop it. Onye ayana Onye obula.... Aka nri kwee aka ekpe, aka ekpe ekwee akanrii.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by InoGetJoy: 5:37am On Nov 30, 2021
kingthreat:

True it is ravaging everywhere. I wish the initiatives done by the Easterners could be emulated in other parts of Nigeria. The war against drugs is one to win else our youths will be more useless..
True, but the only issue is how other tribes have taken it as a medium to make fun of Igbos. It's quite silly
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by MNDY(m): 5:46am On Nov 30, 2021
Overrated833:
Why do people hate Igbo's, I can't seem to understand this

Because Igbo's feel like Nigeria is cheating them by not giving them chance to rule and be in government. They are being denied and politically discriminated like that because of the fear that Igbo's still beleive in Biafra and may turn Nigeria to Biafra if given the chance. Igbo's are using the anger of what they feel is cheating to be strongheaded anywhere you find them in Nigeria. They exhibit the stronghead even in the east within themselves. The stronghead is so chronic that they don't know how to control it and it annoys and make people hate them when they display it especially in another man's land.
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by Bigpapi: 5:52am On Nov 30, 2021
edochie12:
You are right bro,I stays in anambra state,but I have never seen anybody that is misbehaving because if meth,I don't know where they get this kind of news

If I hear pim again from you ehh liar

Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by Mainmanpadi(m): 9:39am On Nov 30, 2021
Overrated833:
Why do people hate Igbo's, I can't seem to understand this
Why do Igbo hate other tribes
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by showafrica(m): 11:41am On Nov 30, 2021
sapientia:
The people you wrote this for knows lol

Just that the hatred for Igbos and SE is the only string holding Nigeria together

I tell you, the hatred for igbos is the only thing holding Afonjas and Janjaweedss as one
Re: Mkpụrụmmiri Furore In The South-east: Fact Or Fiction? by chiomzy86(f): 9:18pm On Nov 30, 2021
louqas:

Only one tribe hates everybody

Only ibos hate everybody else

Cos others no allow them dominate them....the next thing is yo hate their neighbours and hosts

Ibos are the only ones who hate everybody and themselves at the same time..... the word LOVE has no place in their vocabulary while hate has numerous acronyms

I guess in their hate they started killing people who doesn't believe in their religion. They started killing people on every slightest provocation. They carried their cow into people's farms and destroy their farm produce.they also demanded for Ruga or there will be no peace in Nigeria..now do we mention all the riots they caused and the killings with their specific years?..they dominate because they go to other states and turn their village to town by bringing in massive development abey turning their towns to mega cities with their business and developments?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Makes You Snore? / My Sister, Debbie, Died In LUTH Due To Lack Of Bed Space - Man Cries Out / Borehole Water Smelling Like Dead Rat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.