Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,987 members, 7,810,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) (54546 Views)

Danfo And Conductor Is Peru (Photos) / Commuters Use Rope To Wade Through Flooded Road In Bayelsa To Link Rivers State / Shocking Photos From Indonesian Earthquake/Tsunami That Killed Over 1,200 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by dasparrow: 10:24pm On Nov 29, 2021
That person must have died a lonely death. Hands tied and hands on the face. She was probably crying. How unfortunate.

7 Likes

Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by BluntCrazeMan: 1:18am On Nov 30, 2021
Explorers:

Just because of rope abi? Small civilization and engineering feat don tey small o.

Will create thread because of your question and mention you.
pls mention me too
Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by Dronedude(m): 11:57am On Nov 30, 2021
Could this be Para?

1 Like

Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 30, 2021
How interesting
Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by Lemmy123(m): 11:58am On Nov 30, 2021
Eweeeyyyy!

I got nothing to say
Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by boobsdik: 11:58am On Nov 30, 2021
SportsHD:
They keep digging till they dig out a real undead mummy.

Dem tie am down, make hunger kill am.
cheesy That would be horror and fantasy movie all in one becoming a reality. Good luck to those able to japa away from there when it happens. grin
Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by petsey(m): 11:59am On Nov 30, 2021
Lol... dis one weak me o
Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by danielblessing(m): 11:59am On Nov 30, 2021
That's how they digged up COVID-19.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by Dshocker(m): 12:02pm On Nov 30, 2021
This is horrendous and a terrific way to die cry

1 Like

Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by aribisala0(m): 12:02pm On Nov 30, 2021
Explorers:
Peru is home to hundreds of archaeological sites derived from cultures that developed both before and after the Inca Empire.

Child sacrifice seems to have been a relatively common occurrence in the cultures of ancient Peru. Among the finds revealing this ritual behaviour were the mummified remains of a child's body (pictured), discovered in 1985 by a group of mountaineers

The boy is thought to have been a victim of an Inca ritual called capacocha, where children of great beauty and health were sacrificed by drugging them and taking them into the mountains to freeze to death.
Is there any culture where child sacrifice was not common

1 Like

Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by tefishy(m): 12:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
Romanoff:
Do we offer archaeology as a course in Nigeria? If yes, do we have practicing archaeologist who go on digs and archaeological expeditions?

University of Ibadan offers the course. I studied Archaeology with Geography back then and was fun going to ancient villages and excavating.

4 Likes

Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by tarantino1: 12:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
I really enjoy stories like this. It's fascinating.
Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by Fiscus105(m): 12:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
Romanoff:
Do we offer archaeology as a course in Nigeria? If yes, do we have practicing archaeologist who go on digs and archaeological expeditions?

Our archaeology here in obodo naija is theory, protest, earned allowance and strike.

5 Likes

Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by Chichibu(m): 12:07pm On Nov 30, 2021
When I was a child, I wanted to be become an archaeologist one day. Now, when I see all these mummies, I'm glad that I'm not the archaeologist grin
Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by booz(m): 12:09pm On Nov 30, 2021
Twine traces its history back to as early as 32,000 years ago. Wild flax fibers were used to make twine for clothing, baskets and creating tools. Hunter-gatherers processed flax into strong cords or twine. Archaeologists discovered flax fiber cords in a western Asian cave that date from 32,000 to 26,000 years ago.
slowice:
I hope say that rope wey I see there na the archaeologist people get am else which factory produce such fine rope over 1200yrs ago

2 Likes

Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by philiancoop(m): 12:09pm On Nov 30, 2021
They had these ropes 1200 years ago?
Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 30, 2021
Na so Una go dey lie, 1200 year, what time do dey invent the rope they use to tied the mummy
Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by philiancoop(m): 12:11pm On Nov 30, 2021
Explorers:
Archaeologists excavating an underground tomb in Peru have uncovered a strange mummy preserved fully bound up in ropes, with its hands covering its face.

The remains of the individual, whose sex has not been identified, was found at the Cajamarquilla archaeological site, some 16 miles from the capital city of Lima.

According to the team, the mummy dates back 1,200 years and belonged to the pre-Inca civilisation that developed between the Peruvian coast and mountains.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-10253673/Archaeology-Weird-mummy-Peruvian-tomb-tied-ROPES-hands-covering-face.html?ito=social-facebook

1200 years old rope still strong like this?
Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by Qualer: 12:12pm On Nov 30, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
I cum on time today thank God.

*edited*

These oyibo people should take it easy unearthing all these things make them no come unearth the ones we go put so many inside mother-earth belle.

Watch 'The Thaw' cool na this kind situation!
grin

Even the things wey happen for The Mummy no show them how things fit be!! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by Olam09(m): 12:12pm On Nov 30, 2021
Probably the dead body was possessed during its lifetime.
Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by LibertyRep: 12:14pm On Nov 30, 2021
slowice:
I hope say that rope wey I see there na the archaeologist people get am else which factory produce such fine rope over 1200yrs ago

That's a very valid observation.
The archeologists have some explanations to make.
Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by MTNNG(m): 12:14pm On Nov 30, 2021
Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 30, 2021
Peru Para

1 Like

Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by Hanibbal(m): 12:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
philiancoop:
They had these ropes 1200 years ago?

I had that question in mind too. Rubber rope 1200 yrs ago.
Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by blackslayer: 12:17pm On Nov 30, 2021
Just read the statements on the first page and you can be sure as hell Nigeria has no future. No intellectual curiosity rather they ascribe everything to superstition.

5 Likes

Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by Tobidarker02: 12:17pm On Nov 30, 2021
SportsHD:
They keep digging till they dig out a real undead mummy.

Dem tie am down, make hunger kill am.
Too much film grin

1 Like

Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by Smoketight(m): 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2021
What a time to be a wiz and messi fan,

I am proud of myself I I like good things sha,
Unlike some people that don't know how to
Like better things BIg wiz and chairman Messi

2 Likes

Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2021
Qualer:

Watch 'The Thaw' cool na this kind situation!
grin

Even the things wey happen for The Mummy no show them how things fit be!! grin

I just taya for those people I swear
Re: 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2021
So they were making complex ropes? Just saying though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airasia Flight Found Upside Down At The Bottom Of The Sea . / Russian Plane Crash-Landed In Cornfield After Engines Suck In Birds(Pics) / The New Nigerian International Passport: The Truth And The Lies By AutoReportNG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.