Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? (5659 Views)

7 Areas A Girl Who Truly Loves You Look At / The New Way Bachelors Look For Wives In Warri! / Is Anyone Still Checking For Nigerian Girls? - Please Be Honest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by upendo98(f): 8:30am On Jun 11, 2011
1.Respect God
2 Great sense of humour. ok nt the sick, lame ,annoying kind of humour
3.Personal hygiene and very very organised. This is key
4.Posess leadership abilities
5.Command respect
6.Financial/Emotional/social stability
7.Killer eyes and smile
8.Good 'normal'physique
9.Not predictable and full of suprises
10.Romantic man
11.Good fashion sense
12.No pot bellies.NO NO
13.Kind but tough too.
14.Not jealous/possesive type
15.Full of life.Not a pessimist but optimist.
16.Know how to fix himself a cup of coffee at least and toast bread.
17.Visionary
18.Should be able to make me a better person and viceversa

Most important we must be compatible.
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by jawjaw1: 8:42am On Jun 11, 2011
I think wat matters most for me is someone who can share my dreams and also encourage and support me to be a better person.

Its different strokes for different folks. For some its brains, for others its the backside or the pocket.

But the truth is, you can hard ever get it all in one package.

So if you find most of what you want in one person, my advise is go for that person.
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by IbegbuPI: 8:46am On Jun 11, 2011
Look for three things
1. one you can stand side by side in public without feeling off the moon
2. one you can quarrel with & settle without hearing it on street / family corners
3. one that won't be fighting with snakes & flying above your bed while you sleep.
DON'T MIND THOSE LOOKING FOR LARGE BOOBS & ASS, ONCE THERE IS A HOLE THAT GETS WET, MOVE ON IF THE ABOVE TRIO ARE SURE
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 11, 2011
someone who believes in Jesus
i am comfortable with
who understands me
help me with my weaknesses
not stress over me not dropping my father's name

dont want a nag
and those clingy-overly-emotional guys
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by koolguy88(m): 9:46am On Jun 11, 2011
grin presentable babe
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 11, 2011
whenever person make contribution, una go dey reply trash. behave ursef people.
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by unphilaz(m): 10:21am On Jun 11, 2011
Blazay:

Yes!

. . . and [size=20pt]emotionally independent!. . . .NOT CLINGY!!! Don't call me but once a month.[/size]

i like this part of the post cos my lady wants me to [size=18pt]call her daily [/size]- why all this - how does a woman think. . .
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by upendo98(f): 10:33am On Jun 11, 2011
@ UNPHILAZ,

99.98% of women all over the world want their men to call daily or worse still hourly.Its a universal cry so no big deal if she asks.
In as much as we understand that a man needs his space we still want some assurance.To hear you voice is enough to keep us going. Its like recharging us or fueling a vehicle. In extreme situations it could be as a result of insecurity but in normal circumstances we just want assurance and to hear your voice.Thts why we have nothing to say to you when you pick up the call or vice versa. smiley
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by unphilaz(m): 10:47am On Jun 11, 2011
upendo 98:

@ UNPHILAZ,

99.98% of women all over the world want their men to call daily or worse still hourly.[/b]Its a universal cry so no big deal if she asks.
In as much as we understand that a man needs his space we still want [b]some assurance.[/b]To hear you voice is enough to keep us going. Its like recharging us or fueling a vehicle. In extreme situations it could be [b]as a result of insecurity [/b]but in normal circumstances we just want assurance and to hear your voice.[b]Thts why we have nothing to say to you when you pick up the call or vice versa.
smiley

thanks 4 ur reply

thank God she doesnt want me to call HOURLY - e go be boring

how can one differentiate need for assurance and insecurity, it looks clingy at times.

thanks for being able to put the last bolden in written, i hope to adjust by God's grace.
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by no1madman(m): 10:53am On Jun 11, 2011
Fuckin nothin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked : shocked shocked
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by 190: 11:00am On Jun 11, 2011
Theres so much confusion in this thread

Im outta here undecided
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by Sholaf(f): 11:09am On Jun 11, 2011
(I) Respect
(II) Loving
(III) Kindness
(IV) Good sense of Humor
(V) Romantic and Good Looking
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by buzugbe(m): 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2011
A partner who knows the song in my heart and can sing it back to me when am lonely.
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by PrinceBYC: 5:53pm On Jun 11, 2011
upendo 98:

1.Respect God
5.Command respect
7.Killer eyes and smile
8.Good 'normal'physique
10.Romantic man
11.Good fashion sense
12.No pot bellies.NO NO
13.Kind but tough too.
17.Visionary

I possess all of the above cool, My fiancee must be  very lucky lady cheesy, I hope am not blowing ma trumpet,  grin

I Look out for a Godly lady with a 'Melancholic' temperament.
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by GoodBoi1(m): 7:10pm On Jun 11, 2011
character and must God-fearing.
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by MeGaStReEt: 8:31pm On Jun 11, 2011
Ms. Potato:

He must be

1) Funny - - - - - - - - - I am Ali baba's Master
2) Clean - - - - - - - - - Ever since i was taught cleanliness is next to godliness
3) has a vision - - - - - 100%
4) Catholic - - - - - - - - Mary is my mother
5) Must be black - - - - 100% Black
6) Loyal and sincere - -You can't find anyone better
7) hardworking - - - - - I don push truck before
cool lovable - - - - - - - - - This is were I am perfect

Here I am ma'am
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by MrsChima(f): 8:37pm On Jun 11, 2011
Is this the lover's shop? lipsrsealed
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by kcjazz(m): 8:38pm On Jun 11, 2011
Me think, the real question should be Who are you and What are you bringing to the relationship? . You look and desire for the perfect person and it turns out you disqualify yourself because of your imperfections tongue

I still need a grenade catcher though cheesy
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by jambya(m): 8:42pm On Jun 11, 2011
A friend, it's as simple as dt.
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by MeGaStReEt: 8:44pm On Jun 11, 2011
upendo 98:

1.Respect God
5.Command respect
7.Killer eyes and smile
8.Good 'normal'physique
10.Romantic man
11.Good fashion sense
12.No pot bellies.NO NO
13.Kind but tough too.
17.Visionary

You go tey for house oooo  grin grin grin No be curse, just kidin
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by exolve(m): 8:52pm On Jun 11, 2011
Nah, more of sex
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by Dominionng(m): 9:15am On Jun 12, 2011
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by obowunmi(m): 9:16am On Jun 12, 2011
If she can't fck she's useless.
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by DECODED: 1:27pm On Jun 13, 2011
ma friend, is just simply Godliness, it is all encompassing. wink
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by rully2: 1:41pm On Jun 13, 2011
talina:

I think its very important to marry someone who is your best friend and lover.

That's it he has to be my best friend and lover  smiley
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by livedit(f): 9:55pm On Jun 13, 2011
Foremost, he would have to be a Christian with God the head of his life. He has to know who he is in Christ Jesus. He has to be emotionally ready and mature. The rest Phate you pretty much covered it it. But I can also add, he must be respectful, eccentric with great integrity and family values and morals. He must have a great sense of humor to be compatible with Livedit, share common interests and goals in life.
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by obowunmi(m): 9:57pm On Jun 13, 2011
^^^^ Livedit, I'm curious to know. What will you do if the one you love has erectile dysfunction ?
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by 190: 10:08pm On Jun 13, 2011
obowunmi:

If she can't fck she's useless.

cool cool
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by livedit(f): 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2011
obowunmi:

^^^^ Livedit, I'm curious to know. What will you do if the one you love has erectile dysfunction ?

grin What the?  grin  Where did that question come from?  grin Well, Livedit had a FWB she use to kick it with who had "ED" and it was quite a challenge.  She basically just dealt with it.  He wasn't interested in any of the ideas I had to help him with his "problem", so she wasn't going to force him.  As long as she was satisfied, she was okay with him.  But if MY husband had that problem, then I would want to get down to the root cause of it.  Try to rule out reasons as to why he would be have these problems.  Rather if it's medically, mentally, stress etc.   I wouldn't love him no less or act any differently towards him.  In most cases,  this problem can be fixed.  If it's unable to be fixed, then him and I would have to find just deal with it and find "other" ways to keep Livedit and him happy.   smiley
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by obowunmi(m): 11:18pm On Jun 14, 2011
livedit:

grin What the?  grin  Where did that question come from?  grin Well, Livedit had a FWB she use to kick it with who had "ED" and it was quite a challenge.  She basically just dealt with it.  He wasn't interested in any of the ideas I had to help him with his "problem", so she wasn't going to force him.  As long as she was satisfied, she was okay with him.  But if MY husband had that problem, then I would want to get down to the root cause of it.  Try to rule out reasons as to why he would be have these problems.  Rather if it's medically, mentally, stress etc.   I wouldn't love him no less or act any differently towards him.  In most cases,  this problem can be fixed.  If it's unable to be fixed, then him and I would have to find just deal with it and find "other" ways to keep Livedit and him happy.   smiley

Thank you! I enjoy reading your viewpoints. smiley
Re: What Do You Look For When Checking For A Life Partner? by Araboy(m): 11:35pm On Jun 14, 2011
You guys are backward Jesus this Jesus that I don't think religion should be  relevant when someone is picking up his/her mate people who cling to religion and wear it on their sleeves tend  not to follow the teaching and  are squarely hypocrites

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

He Used Me And Dumped Me :most Crazy Word Invented By Ladies / He Wants To Build His House Before Buying A Car. Will Our Ladies Date Such A Man / Never Stay Alone With Guys -trish Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.