Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,889 members, 7,828,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1125375 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 3:04pm On Aug 05, 2009
My guy just transfered some this morning for me at rate of 159.5 to buy the $$ from Aboki
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Felixv: 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2009
I think the Naira would continue to be vunerable until we become a PRODUCTIVE country,we import too much,all our needs are basically imported,

we import fuel
we import rice
we import cloths
we import bicycles,cars,books,watches,drinks, the list goes on and on,

The US is the most productive country on earth,yet our leaders claim we copy the US system of government,the US is forever creating new products,innovation is key to their survival.

I guess,my imput is out of frustrations,school fees,tax,bills , seeing your investment crash is not a good sight.My farm needs imported feeds,even the local ones produced here need imported inputs.so we are all affected by the devaluation,I guess the only ones benefiting from this are the leaders who are busy stealing the money.

Good luck ,

F
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2009
Felixv:

I think the Naira would continue to be vunerable until we become a PRODUCTIVE country,we import too much,all our needs are basically imported,

we import fuel
we import rice
we import cloths

The US is the most productive country on earth,yet our leaders claim we copy the US system of government,the US is forever creating new products,innovation is key to their survival.

I guess,my imput is out of frustrations,school fees,tax,bills , seeing your investment crash is not a good sight.My farm needs imported feeds,even the local ones produced here need imported inputs.so we are all affected by the devaluation,I guess the only ones benefiting from this are the leaders who are busy stealing the money.

Good luck ,

F

China is one of the most productive nation in the world.
One of the most exporting nation and how much is the money being exchanged to a $$.
Nigeria could just learn to rake in good money with the low naira, but personally wont want naira to fall further, cos wil hurt me.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BAC: 4:49pm On Aug 05, 2009
Felixv:

we import fuel
we import rice
we import cloths

Good luck ,

F

Haaa you forgot to add empty Perfume bottles to your List. If people can import empty perfume bottles, trust me anything can be imported to Naija.
Have a look https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-296883.0.html
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 05, 2009
I just purchased $6300 today at the rate of N160 at UBA, Abule Egba. This is mess because I turned down N155 to $1 last week. Can someone do something urgently?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 5:33pm On Aug 05, 2009
oaziz:

I just purchased $6300 today at the rate of N160 at UBA, Abule Egba. This is mess because I turned down N155 to $1 last week. Can someone do something urgently?

If you want something to be done.
talk to the MEND to allow free flow of Oil.
Talk to the Leaders to make things work.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by USsTrader: 12:16am On Aug 06, 2009
My preference is for a single buyer - but i'll do $10k each at the minimum. I'm asking 158 - so you get a slight break of the prevailing rate of 160. Drop me a line here if you're interested. Serious inquiries only.
Cheers
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by egin(m): 5:31am On Aug 06, 2009
Naira, 700k down
By Babajide Komolafe
Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Naira yesterday depreciated heavily against the British pounds and euro, losing an average of 700 kobo against the two currencies in the parallel market.

Vanguard’s investigation revealed that the exchange rate of the pounds shot up by 600 kobo to N260 from N264 on Monday. Similarly, the exchange rate of the Euro rose by 800 kobo to N228 from N220.

Parallel market operators attributed the sharp depreciation of the naira against the two currencies to the recent depreciation of the dollar.

This, they said, diverted foreign exchange demand for the dollar to the two currencies.The exchange rate of the two currencies had remained stable in the market for some time due to weak demand.

But yesterday, the situation changed as more and more foreign exchange end-users demanded the two currencies.

It would be noted that the naira has persistently depreciated against the dollar since the reintroduction of Wholesale Dutch Auction System (WDAS) last July 13.

Yesterday, the naira depreciated further by 50 kobo at the official market where the exchange rate rose to N150.25 per dollar from N149.75 per dollar.

Prior to WDAS, the exchange rate was N146. Hence, with the increase to N150.25 yesterday, the naira has depreciated by 425 kobo under WDAS.

At the inter-bank market, the naira depreciated by 866 kobo as N156.84 exchanged for one dollar last week as against N148.17 at the beginning of the month. Last week the naira lost 400 kobo to the dollar at the parallel market as the exchange rate rose to N158 per dollar from N154 per dollar.

The persistence depreciation of the naira is however attributed to foreign exchange speculation resulting to increased demand for foreign exchange at the official market.

Analysis of the foreign exchange demand and sales in the six auctions conducted by CBN before and after the introduction of WDAS shows demand for foreign exchange shot up by 351 per cent to $3.16 billion from $861.8 million.

Total amount sold also rose by 56 per cent to $1.19 billion from $$764. Average demand per auction session went up by 313 per cent to $526.7 million from $127.4 million, while average sales rose by 38 per cent to $198.4million from $143.6 million.

Foreign exchange operators attributed the speculative activities to belief that given the continued decline in the nation’s external reserve, the Central Bank of Nigeria would not be able to sustain the current exchange rate of the naira hence further depreciation of the naira is inevitable.

But the apex bank on Tuesday moved to forestall speculation with foreign exchange purchased from the official market. It barred interbank trading of foreign exchange purchased from the official market.

In a circular to banks titled, “Non Transferability of Funds from Wholesale Dutch Auction System (WDAS) Among Authorised Dealers”, with reference TED/FEN/FPC/GEN/01125, the apex bank said that banks can no longer use foreign exchange sourced from the official market for interbank trading. Such funds, it said should only be used to meet customers demand for foreign exchange. It also directed that banks should keep separate books for their interbank foreign exchange transactions and WDAS foreign exchange transactions, and make the books available to it examiners.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BAC: 9:11am On Aug 06, 2009
The Bomb is about to explode. take cover. wink
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nimshi: 2:18pm On Aug 06, 2009
egin:

Naira, 700k down
By Babajide Komolafe
Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Vanguard’s investigation revealed that the exchange rate of the pounds shot up by 600 kobo to N260 from N264 on Monday. Similarly, the exchange rate of the Euro rose by 800 kobo to N228 from N220.

Someone didn't attend either Maths or English classes or both. Anyways,

BAC:

Haaa you forgot to add empty Perfume bottles to your List. If people can import empty perfume bottles, trust me anything can be imported to Naija.
Have a look https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-296883.0.html

Actually, those bottles - when filled up with whatever they'd be filled-up with - will return far more per unit volume of liquid than any crude oil investment.

BAC:

But in naija either you guys like it or not, If you don't pump enough oil out now naira will fall.

True; sad, but true.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by defman: 4:17pm On Aug 06, 2009
US$ Trader:

My preference is for a single buyer - but i'll do $10k each at the minimum. I'm asking 158 - so you get a slight break of the prevailing rate of 160. Drop me a line here if you're interested.  Serious inquiries only.
Cheers

$10k each minimum?? And you think people who want to change that amount of money will come looking for an exchanger on Nairaland? Some people no dey think well before posting
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 6:55pm On Aug 06, 2009
What is the rate today oh
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by agajelu: 5:09pm On Aug 08, 2009
This is my first post to this topic and I have noticed that in recent times discussions though spirited have moved away from actually stating how much the dollar exchanged today. Let's try to remember to do that all the time if you have the info.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nimshi: 7:12pm On Aug 08, 2009
agajelu:

This is my first post to this topic and I have noticed that in recent times discussions though spirited have moved away from actually stating how much the dollar exchanged today. Let's try to remember to do that all the time if you have the info.

Your observation is meaningless without any useful contribution from you.

If the information on this thread has been useful to you, then do something positive by supplying credible dollar exchange rate data.

If not, then be gone, eh; no one needs a sermon on what to post.

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by zmurda(m): 3:38pm On Aug 09, 2009
Abeg how much be dolla, euro and mama charlie for malla yesterday and/or today?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Roforofo(m): 9:07am On Aug 10, 2009
Sterling at 267 Apapa this weekend. Naira don begin backslide again! shocked Chei
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by naijaman12(m): 3:55pm On Aug 11, 2009
BAC,

I dont know which state you live in USA but I have been in this USA for 28 years. I will rather see the $ exchange for $1 to N1. Likewise, all this outrageous exchange is not good for Nigeria. I pray that one day it will exchange for $1 to N1. Where are you during Udoji money? Did you get Udoji money? Did you realize how prosperous Nigeria was then. This is the kind of prayer you need to be praying and not $1 to N200. Why dont you think N1 to $200. Look at Zimbabwe today $1 is excahnge for 1.5 million of their local currency. I dont know which planet you live in by wishing your country this kind of exchange.
Personnally, if electricity is stable and crime is down, then I will move back to Nigeria because 28 years is enough in USA.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by ajileko: 5:14pm On Aug 11, 2009
I sold dollar for 158 in lagos, Oju-elegba to malam yusuf
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 8:04pm On Aug 11, 2009
how much is $$ being sold for?
Wonder when the FG will try and do something to bring it down a lil?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nimshi: 8:34pm On Aug 11, 2009
naijaman12:
, I will rather see the $ exchange for $1 to N1. Likewise, all this outrageous exchange is not good for Nigeria. I pray that one day it will exchange for $1 to N1. Where are you during Udoji money? Did you get Udoji money? Did you realize how prosperous Nigeria was then. This is the kind of prayer you need to be praying and not $1 to N200. Why dont you think N1 to $200. Look at Zimbabwe today $1 is excahnge for 1.5 million of their local currency. I dont know which planet you live in by wishing your country this kind of exchange.

No, it's not a prayer that's needed; prayers won't do jack. Nigeria needs to get off it's lazy butt and begin doing something real other than exporting Niger Delta crude oil. A $1 to N1 exchange rate isn't feasible in 10 years.

naijaman12:
Personnally, if electricity is stable and crime is down, then I will move back to Nigeria because 28 years is enough in USA.

Stable/constant electricity supply is a step in the right direction.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by dinggle: 12:30am On Aug 12, 2009
$1 to N1 isn't feasible in the next generation, 50yrs time. Except govt decides to use ojoro like Ghana did.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BAC: 9:50am On Aug 12, 2009
naijaman12:

BAC,

I dont know which state you live in USA but I have been in this USA for 28 years. I will rather see the $ exchange for $1 to N1. Likewise, all this outrageous exchange is not good for Nigeria. I pray that one day it will exchange for $1 to N1. Where are you during Udoji money? Did you get Udoji money? Did you realize how prosperous Nigeria was then. This is the kind of prayer you need to be praying and not $1 to N200. Why dont you think N1 to $200. Look at Zimbabwe today $1 is excahnge for 1.5 million of their local currency. I dont know which planet you live in by wishing your country this kind of exchange.

I am not based in USA. I am in the UK. Trust me, if you have lived on the US for 28years, even if crime in Nigeria is reduced and electricity is constant and Dollar is N1, you still cannot leave in that country. The mentality of the people in Naija will frustrate you.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bluemen: 1:48pm On Aug 12, 2009
!!! Greeting fellow Nigerians out there yet to be informed
I will tell you that BLUE MEN INVESTMENT has made me what I am today by showing me an investment strategy that really helped me through my hard times, during my youth service,i had no or little money on me. But i thank God for BLUE MEN INVESTMENT for coming to my rescue, i think from the little interest i get, i can start a business of my own and be my own boss, big thanks to my friend Henry who lead me to BLUE MEN INVESTMENT. 07059944900

www.bluemenforex..com
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by ERICBON: 2:25pm On Aug 12, 2009
BAC   Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today?
« #567 on: Today at 09:50:47 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: naijaman12 on Yesterday at 03:55:24 PM
BAC,

I am not based in USA. I am in the UK. Trust me, if you have lived on the US for 28years, even if crime in Nigeria is reduced and electricity is constant and Dollar is N1, you still cannot leave in that country. The mentality of the people in Naija will frustrate you. 

This is the kind of thinking that makes me sick, if after you spend all this time in UK and can not understand that you did not make UK what it is, but the citizen did then your wasting your time there my brother.It will be better you dont  tell poeple your a Nigeria,what positive step have you taken to improve the so called mentality that frustrates you,rather its the British mentality that is better, Bros' they are not in anyway better, our battles are diffrent so we should never think like the British.
Thank you.
So back to the main topic what is the present exchange to the $ still 156 at black maket in Abuja
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by egin(m): 3:13pm On Aug 12, 2009
N157 at local airport Ikeja
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by gowaga68: 1:04pm On Aug 16, 2009
Hello Fellow NL ,
am into Exchange in Lagos Island ,if you want to know the courent price of any currency you can give me a call 08074361120
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Latayi: 3:52pm On Aug 17, 2009
@gowaga68

If you are into dollar exchange as you said, why not post daily dollar exchange rate here instead of having you called. shocked
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BAC: 4:11pm On Aug 17, 2009

This is the kind of thinking that makes me sick, if after you spend all this time in UK and can not understand that you did not make UK what it is, but the citizen did then your wasting your time there my brother.It will be better you dont  tell poeple your a Nigeria,what positive step have you taken to improve the so called mentality that frustrates you,rather its the British mentality that is better, Bros' they are not in anyway better, our battles are diffrent so we should never think like the British.
Thank you.
So back to the main topic what is the present exchange to the $ still 156 at black maket in Abuja

@Ericbon

My statement should not make you sick at all. I am sure you must be very sick now that the empty headed fools running the banks have carried all the money in Ghana must go, and left no collareral
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by dinggle: 12:13am On Aug 18, 2009
@gowaga68
why cant u post ur rate or do u have a hidden agenda?? why do u want me to spend money calling u, when internet in already making my life easy!!! Abi e get command wen u wan give for phone
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by gowaga68: 9:21pm On Aug 18, 2009
dinggle:

@gowaga68
why cant u post ur rate or do u have a hidden agenda?? why do u want me to spend money calling u, when internet in already making my life easy!!! Abi e get command wen u wan give for phone

make una no ves, comin online is easy but typin is not that too easy for me.but since una wa make i dey post daily rate i will try as from tomorrow. smileyand as for command for phone i no get am o,ko wulo.

Latayi:

@gowaga68

If you are into dollar exchange as you said, why not post daily dollar exchange rate here instead of having you called. shocked
i do come to office 9 am then i go need to do some other lil things before i set for market but like i said i will start postin from tomorrow abeg.
But My Price will be base on Lagos Island Price o.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by gowaga68: 10:58am On Aug 19, 2009
una morinin here o!
today rate is as follows
dollar: we buy 158 ,we sell 160,
GBp:we buy 262.50 and sell 265.50

so i no get any command for mouth but you can call cos of price changes any time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.