Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,370 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1121955 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BAC: 9:14pm On Aug 24, 2009
if we see N200 a Dollar I won't be surprise. So take cover. All bank employee take cover the banks are about to sneeze.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by gowaga68: 10:42am On Aug 25, 2009
good morning ,
   I will start by apologizing to every one.
   The  Dollar was scars yesterday so lot of prices was given ,as of when i posted it the was a panic in the market due to lack of dollar ,the few people havin made the price that way.like i said the foreign exchange rates changers from time to time sometime is stays stagnat. i should have come back to repost  the price.am sorry for that.

Today  rate is as follows

USD: we buy 159 ,we sell 161

lawrencead:

@gowaga68,
I appreciate your response but I hope you aren't lying to folks who relied on this thread for daily info about the dollar. It will be fair and useful if geniue and vital info is been posted on this thread regarding the dollar.

@gowaga68,
kindly correct your post today or you are sticking by what you had posted earlier today regarding the exchange rate.

Lying u said ? should that be a compliment or are u try to in,   me?
    I told every one here price changes every  moment,every day  in the market,as long as something is happening towards the financial line.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 11:10am On Aug 25, 2009
@gowaga68

we know that you are trying to help us and sometimes one cannot have access or time to browse and up date but pls next time when the price goes up or comes down suddenly inform us ASAP. because the rate yu posted yester created real panic or i should say transferred the panic to many nairalanders and others. it could be very good from you if you came back correcting or posting the new price. however pls we do not need your apology than we appreciate your genuine information

And for every one pls no need to spread panic. one day panic may kill someone as it would happen to me personally in the begining of this crisis. if someone like gowaga posted controversial rate, try to check and correct it if possible

I may gain some money if the naira falls down but i know that on the long run i will lose much more. e.g. last time when the naira collapsed from i gained like 400k from trading in forex but at least of 20% of my profits in my business have vanished away forever, losing more than a million every deal i import
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 11:13am On Aug 25, 2009
@gowaga68

we know that you are trying to help us and sometimes one cannot have access or time to browse and up date but pls next time when the price goes up or comes down suddenly inform us ASAP. because the rate yu posted yester created real panic or i should say transferred the panic to many nairalanders and others. it could be very good from you if you came back correcting or posting the new price. however pls we do not need your apology than we appreciate your genuine information

And for every one pls no need to spread panic. one day panic may kill someone as it would happen to me personally in the begining of this crisis. if someone like gowaga posted controversial rate, try to check and correct it if possible

I may gain some money if the naira falls down but i know that on the long run i will lose much more. e.g. last time when the naira collapsed from i gained like 400k from trading in forex but at least of 20% of my profits in my business have vanished away forever
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lawrencead: 3:19pm On Aug 25, 2009
@gowaga68,
You have done the right thing and thanking you for your post this morning.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by gowaga68: 5:28pm On Aug 25, 2009
lawrencead:

@gowaga68,
You have done the right thing and thanking you for your post this morning.
why thankin me? a lair should not be thanked cool
c u sef.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lawrencead: 6:34pm On Aug 25, 2009
@gowaga68,
I guessed I should not have then. I only called you out like that, for the fact you have posted an exchange that wasn't true. I have no regret calling you out on your post but the fact I had thank you for your post this morning. I have no regret either. Want you & I stop the back & forth conversation because this thread is only meant for, How much people exchange the dollar for today. Peace out.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by mdfash(m): 8:44pm On Aug 25, 2009
Gowaga68, I just want to let you know that I appreciate your service to the post very much, and I am glad that you took the justifiable criticism yesterday fairly well. The critic should not have called you a liar; I think it was an aberration, due to sudden, but temporary spike in the market. You probably should have made a supplementary post later in the day, when it appeared that the market had stabilized.

All told, I appreciate your efforts in keeping us informed.

Dr in the house.
Writing from New York
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 25, 2009
UBA  - Buy
152NGN - 1USD
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by gowaga68: 9:12am On Aug 26, 2009
as of time of post

USD: we buy 159 we sell 161

lawrencead:

@gowaga68,
I guessed I should not have then. I only called you out like that, for the fact you have posted an exchange that wasn't true. I have no regret calling you out on your post but the fact I had thank you for your post this morning. I have no regret either. Want you & I stop the back & forth conversation because this thread is only meant for, How much people exchange the dollar for today. Peace out.
no big deal.
mdfash:

Gowaga68, I just want to let you know that I appreciate your service to the post very much, and I am glad that you took the justifiable criticism yesterday fairly well. The critic should not have called you a liar; I think it was an aberration, due to sudden, but temporary spike in the market. You probably should have made a supplementary post later in the day, when it appeared that the market had stabilized.

All told, I appreciate your efforts in keeping us informed.

Dr in the house.
Writing from New York

Thank you Sir.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by gowaga68: 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2009
hello there,
the price for today
we buy 159 and sell 160.50
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by tegaboy: 2:04pm On Aug 27, 2009
dear sir
  could you posted the price for pound GBP
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by gowaga68: 2:16pm On Aug 27, 2009
tegaboy:

dear sir
  could you posted the price for pound GBP
GBP we buy 158.50 and sell 162.50
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by manutd1: 3:27pm On Aug 27, 2009
gowaga68:

GBP we buy 158.50 and sell 162.50

I am sure you meant 258.50 and 262.50.

Thank you for your service.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by nduchucks: 3:28pm On Aug 27, 2009
Today for Abuja: Mallam go buy dollar for N157 and him go sell am to you for N159
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 4:33pm On Aug 27, 2009
gowaga68:

hello there,
the price for today
we buy 159 and sell 160.50

ndu_chucks:

Today for Abuja: Mallam go buy dollar for N157 and him go sell am to you for N159

Thanks for you both, keep it up

Seems the CBN is controling the matter well. i do not expect it to go back to 120 but at least to have some stabilty for a while. it is very important for business and life. If Mr. Sanusi does it in this way I will thank him a lot
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 4:36pm On Aug 27, 2009
BOMANY:

Thanks for you both, keep it up

Seems the CBN is controling the matter well. i do not expect it to go back to 120 but at least to have some stabilty for a while. it is very important for business and life. If Mr. Sanusi does it in this way I will thank him a lot

Even if it cant go back to 120, how about go back to at least 140N to a $$
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lawrencead: 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2009
I am hoping it goes back to #140 myself but if the so called Central Bank of Nigeria still sells is dollar at the rate of #150.32. God help this country but it will only get better if this greedy, monstrous leaders, start doing the right thing. They get elected to serve their own pocket and not serve the people who they claimed they will serve. Suffering & Smiling Nigeria Republic.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BOMANY: 8:13pm On Aug 27, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Even if it cant go back to 120, how about go back to at least 140N to a $$

I will be vert happy too. However, there is a say "Seeing with one eye is better than full Blindness". Considering the recent developments in the financial and banking sector, we should be grateful to God if the CBN people can manage holding the market to drop. Many speculators bet that Naira would collapse, God forbid.

Just let's pray God for better
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 9:15pm On Aug 27, 2009
lawrencead:

I am hoping it goes back to #140 myself but if the so called Central Bank of Nigeria still sells is dollar at the rate of #150.32. God help this country but it will only get better if this greedy, monstrous leaders, start doing the right thing. They get elected to serve their own pocket and not serve the people who they claimed they will serve. Suffering & Smiling Nigeria Republic.

The thing just tire me oh.
BOMANY:

I will be vert happy too. However, there is a say "Seeing with one eye is better than full Blindness". Considering the recent developments in the financial and banking sector, we should be grateful to God if the CBN people can manage holding the market to drop. Many speculators bet that Naira would collapse, God forbid.

Just let's pray God for better

You are very right, the $$ rate in Nigeria is affecting business so much that it aint funny at all.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lawrencead: 10:23pm On Aug 27, 2009
I often come on this thread scare of how the Naira is doing (Monday - Friday) but most often the Naira is definately not improving but getting weaker & weaker. I really don't get it no more but just hoping one day, it turns out to be what I am hoping for and looking forward to.

The so called Central Bank Of Nigeria, your should do something about this because your so called currency (Naira) had been suffering far too long. I am, we are waiting, hoping, praying, for your to do something to turn this Naira around to get stronger and not weaker like we have been witnessing for the past months.

We the people demand Federal Government of Nigeria or Central Bank of Nigeria intervention to see through about the Naira down fall because you all monstrous leaders aren't just doing enough. My people are suffering & smiling not just today.

Peace out your and please don't stop praying for our so called Naira recovery.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lawrencead: 10:23pm On Aug 27, 2009
I often come on this thread scare of how the Naira is doing (Monday - Friday) but most often the Naira is definately not improving but getting weaker & weaker. I really don't get it no more but just hoping one day, it turns out to be what I am hoping for and looking forward to.

The so called Central Bank Of Nigeria, your should do something about this because your so called currency (Naira) had been suffering far too long. I am, we are waiting, hoping, praying, for your to do something to turn this Naira around to get stronger and not weaker like we have been witnessing for the past months.

We the people demand Federal Government of Nigeria or Central Bank of Nigeria intervention to see through about the Naira down fall because you all monstrous leaders aren't just doing enough. My people are suffering & smiling not just today.

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by gowaga68: 10:38am On Aug 28, 2009
manutd1:

I am sure you meant 258.50 and 262.50.

Thank you for your service.
Oh yes ,it's typo error.

Today rate is as follows
Dollar: we buy 158 ,we sell 159.50,

GBp:we buy 258 and sell 262
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 12:43pm On Aug 28, 2009
lawrencead:

Will be nice for us to pray for the nation, however, i think the leaders to do the right thing and make the right decisions, that will give our naira some respect is more needed.
Cos our Naira wont go anywhere if we cant improve biz and make the place secured.
With N-Delta Wahala, there is no way Naira can get stronger.
With Oil still selling low, nothing for Nija.
Angola is now the "go to for Oil" in Africa and that means we are even in more deep $hit.
So hope the leaders will see all these and be willing to do something and for once not just worried about saving faces and stealing money
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by X2X(m): 4:39pm On Aug 28, 2009
gowaga68:

Today rate is as follows
Dollar: we buy 158 ,we sell 159.50,

GBp:we buy 258 and sell 262

Thank you very much.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by copywriter: 5:12pm On Aug 28, 2009
may be 150 at least
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 6:05pm On Aug 28, 2009
I just think the govt shd allow people to be able to buy their Foreign currency at the bank.
Not sure of any other country that encourages black market for forex source
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lawrencead: 7:00pm On Aug 28, 2009
@Fhemmmy,

I agreed with you on that. Way to go but this our government in charge don't listen to our voice or the peoples voice for that matter. We the people simply don't count in Nigeria and I wander when our voice and crying out loud will be heard. We really need a divine intervention from this greedy government of Nigeria. I believe serving the people should be a priviledge and not a priviledge to serve your own personal pocket or wealth. Like the Government of Nigeria had been doing ever since, we had our independent. Should this so called leader take this into consideration, that they are not elected to serve their own pocket or wealth then, I will believe their is a way forward. God help us against this malicious government of Nigeria.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Fhemmmy: 9:40pm On Aug 28, 2009
@lawrencead.
I hope that one day they will listen oh.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by guild: 3:53pm On Aug 29, 2009
MAYBEY 150

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.