Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1126367 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by agarawu23(m): 4:40pm On Jun 19, 2016
ASL33:
You mean with their 2x2 shop? Imposicant they are IPOB miscrants.
c'mon that their 2*2 shop doesn't determine their bank accounts. They have big warehouse all over the area. Forget ipob miscrants, igbos are successful business men. I have igbo clients in alaba international infact one of them is my inlaw, they buy millions of dollars weekly and their shops are 2*2 grin

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by MrTour: 4:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
The fact that most highly placed traders at Alaba or any other market in Nigeria require 25 million usd per week and the government can't provide it doesn't make the government incapable. There are laws in the land of what items that can have access to CBN approved exchange rates, the Federal government has listed such items as in favor of the development of the Nation, anyone who seeks forex to finance goods not listed on the government approved list is solely responsible for any rate obtainable and the government isn't responsible for that.

The United States who owns the USD is not even as dependent as Nigerians on the USD thereby the mentality of Nigerians towards obtaining USD by fire by force is what needs to change. America will not print more dollars because Nigerians can't control their demand for USD and even if Nigeria has $500 billion it will still finish within a short period.

Control is necessary in a government which is what the CBN is doing, GEJ's govt was spending the dollar like it was unlimited. Exchange rate of 1USD to N285 at parallel market is possible and can be sustained with improved mentality of Nigerians towards the USD.

For anyone saying where will the foreign currency come from to sustain a better exchange rate at the parallel market, the last time i checked Nigerian economy is still open for business and one of the benefits of a flexible exchange rate is to encourage foreign investors with interests in Aviation, hospitality, finance, health, petroleum.

If Nigerians truly have the love of the country at heart, those traders should team up among themselves to encourage their business allies overseas to come and open factories in Nigeria, when they do this, they don't just bring more USD to the country they also create Jobs and improve the economy.

Share the message and lets make the change.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by justi4jesu(f): 5:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
Hmmm see Lecture..Okay cheesy
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by agarawu23(m): 5:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
Only if we reduce our hope on importation then the pressure on $ will reduce. But as far as Nigeria remain an importation dependant, our govt can't satisfy our demands for $. Some will come to modify their post months after the new CBN policy. I heard some saying black market won't function again after the new policy, what a BIG joke! grin
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bdavis: 7:24pm On Jun 19, 2016
MrTour:
The fact that most highly placed traders at Alaba or any other market in Nigeria require 25 million usd per week and the government can't provide it doesn't make the government incapable. There are laws in the land of what items that can have access to CBN approved exchange rates, the Federal government has listed such items as in favor of the development of the Nation, anyone who seeks forex to finance goods not listed on the government approved list is solely responsible for any rate obtainable and the government isn't responsible for that.

The United States who owns the USD is not even as dependent as Nigerians on the USD thereby the mentality of Nigerians towards obtaining USD by fire by force is what needs to change. America will not print more dollars because Nigerians can't control their demand for USD and even if Nigeria has $500 billion it will still finish within a short period.

Control is necessary in a government which is what the CBN is doing, GEJ's govt was spending the dollar like it was unlimited. Exchange rate of 1USD to N285 at parallel market is possible and can be sustained with improved mentality of Nigerians towards the USD.

For anyone saying where will the foreign currency come from to sustain a better exchange rate at the parallel market, the last time i checked Nigerian economy is still open for business and one of the benefits of a flexible exchange rate is to encourage foreign investors with interests in Aviation, hospitality, finance, health, petroleum.

If Nigerians truly have the love of the country at heart, those traders should team up among themselves to encourage their business allies overseas to come and open factories in Nigeria, when they do this, they don't just bring more USD to the country they also create Jobs and improve the economy.

Bros na so e easy to open factory? Where are the necessary infrastructure to support it? As a business man, you want to establish your business in a politically stable and economically viable location, even if it's not politically stable but its economically viable, it makes sense when the necessary infrastructure are in place. Do we have that here?

This CBN policy can be likened to the increase in tariff of imported cars in the guise to encourage Nigerians buy 'made in Nigeria cars' and just like it was with the tariff, they disillusioned themselves to think they were making sense and disillusioned some peeps to also think it made sense...

Same script, different cast

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Solitin40: 11:13pm On Jun 19, 2016
Infinitikoncept:
Amazon gift card available at #255 If we are handling your purchase and shipping its #240/$ for the gift card Shipping is every Friday at #320/$ and we deliver after a week Ebay payment is at #325/$ Laptop $45 with carton and $40 without carton but kept safely in foam package Phone $10(with carton) and 9$ without carton Tablets $18(with carton) and 16$ without carton Consolidated package at $4.2/lbs but its 30lbs minimum We also run 1688 and direct chinese payment at #52/¥ Aliexpress at #325/$ with fast shipping service Contact me on my signature if you have questions
D you mean shipping phone from USA to Nigeria is 10dollars at 320 equal to #3200
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Infinitikoncept(m): 12:42am On Jun 20, 2016
Solitin40:

D you mean shipping phone from USA to Nigeria is 10dollars at 320 equal to #3200
Yes sire
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Softhands(m): 7:15am On Jun 20, 2016
I read some comments here about this new CBN policy and I wonder where some people just cook up speculations from... Nigeria needs to export MASSIVELY to drive down the dollar rate... Now ask yourself, besides crude oil, what else do we export majorly? the Naira won't appreciate against the dollar by mere speculations and propanganda. The only thing this CBN policy exposes everyone to is high volatility i.e...High Swing ups and swing lows( huge drop in price due to one funny speculation as it is already been witnessed). Guess it time to buy the dollar... and wait for it... 400/$ is on the way!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by chukwuwike2ny(m): 8:37am On Jun 20, 2016
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by spinoff: 9:54am On Jun 20, 2016
MrTour:

3 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 9:57am On Jun 20, 2016
have they implement the new fx policy
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Bookiemart01(f): 10:02am On Jun 20, 2016
See what I just got from GTB as a reply to my inquiry on twitter : this guys wanna charge 400/$1 faah

Some should use his/her card biko....let's double check cheesy

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by agarawu23(m): 10:14am On Jun 20, 2016
grin grin grin

As we are patiently waiting for the new exchange rate,

Pls voting has started. 10am-6pm. I can't start mentioning monikers but I beg u all to vote my candidate on this link. https://www.nairaland.com/3176659/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination#46735752

I vote Lanicky

Cc nljega

That's all cool

I beg u all to take your time to do this for me smiley I will appreciate cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by agarawu23(m): 10:18am On Jun 20, 2016
Softhands:
I read some comments here about this new CBN policy and I wonder where some people just cook up speculations from... Nigeria needs to export MASSIVELY to drive down the dollar rate... Now ask yourself, besides crude oil, what else do we export majorly? the Naira won't appreciate against the dollar by mere speculations and propanganda. The only thing this CBN policy exposes everyone to is high volatility i.e...High Swing ups and swing lows( huge drop in price due to one funny speculation as it is already been witnessed). Guess it time to buy the dollar... and wait for it... 400/$ is on the way!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
another good point from another Angle.

There is too much pressure on $. We should depend less on importation and start exporting

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by ifyalways(f): 12:04pm On Jun 20, 2016
Which bank quoted 257 ? GTB told me 340 ten minutes ago.

Y'all should give us the name of the bank(s) selling below 300 please. Hope this is not the usual propaganda.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by stagger: 12:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
People do not even understand the meaning of "interbank" market. The interbank price is not the end user price. People should also note that the Naira is now fully subject to the full weight of market forces. What this means is that people will hold or dump the Naira based on news releases, economic news. politics, policy direction, etc.

Even our dear President going for another checkup will affect the Naira's value.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by picsOR: 1:12pm On Jun 20, 2016
So I inquired with GTB their rate for today (for Naira Mastercards)

Below is the message I received from GTB below:

"Hi, thank you for talking to us. Please note that the rate for Dollar as at today is N399.99. However this is only an indicative rate as the actual rate to be applied on a transaction is determined only at the point of authorisation based on prevailing foreign exchange market conditions."

Who understands this grammar abeg? @bolded
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
picsOR:

"Hi, thank you for talking to us. Please note that the rate for Dollar as at today is N399.99. However this is only an indicative rate as the actual rate to be applied on a transaction is determined only at the point of authorisation based on prevailing foreign exchange market conditions."

₦ 339.99 not 399
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Akinlekan(m): 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hello anyone interested in selling their PayPal funds, i need it urgently. Any interested seller can contact me through on 08106473790
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 5:28pm On Jun 20, 2016
dagr8:
Amazon gift card available at 310/$ cool.. Little stock left
i think you mean N210

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by 247man: 5:39pm On Jun 20, 2016
KingsleyTMTTM:
i think you mean N210

Amazon dcc now 296

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by neocortex: 6:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
picsOR:

It means GTB cannot guarantee you an exchange rate of N399.99, it may be 410 or 385 at the point of purchase.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by dagr8(m): 6:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
KingsleyTMTTM:
i think you mean N210
If you have at that price, I will buy all. Kindly contact me
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by gagzee(m): 9:41am On Jun 21, 2016
dagr8:

If you have at that price, I will buy all. Kindly contact me
do u hv Neteller, hw mch?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by gagzee(m): 11:43am On Jun 21, 2016
EAbaba:

Net teller available #310 per dollar (116 dollars available)
All this new acct, Abeg hope its genuine...

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.