Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award (36410 Views)

‘Leaked’ Ballon D’or List Reveals Robert Lewandowski As Winner / Messi Wins 7th La Liga Golden Boot / Georgina Rodriguez Reacts As Messi Wins Ballon D’or (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by DSoj(m): 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2021
Useless post. Accused by who? Ronaldo fans?
Y'all crazy modafokas
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by IronGalaxy: 12:54pm On Nov 30, 2021
I love Messi but seriously Lewandowski was cheated.
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Iamthoney(m): 12:56pm On Nov 30, 2021
luizpippo:

You really meant Sneijder was not outstanding in that Inter team and for the Orange gang at the world cup in 2010? Compared to Messi in the same 2010?

He wasn’t the best player at Inter of 2010, he wasn’t the best player in the serie A in that year, nor was he the best player of the Ucl of 2010 and he wasn’t the best player of the 2010 World Cup. The only thing he had more than Messi was that he scored more goals at the World Cup and Messi had no goals but had more assists. So how was he better than Messi individually or how was he outstanding when he wasn’t the best player in any category at that Inter team?
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Pepecushy(m): 1:28pm On Nov 30, 2021
Lemmy123:
Eweeeyyyy!

Even me wey dey Lagos here think they cheated Lewandowski to have given that award to Messi.. Lewan worked hard to reach the height he is now, Bayern Munich weight lied on his head, and he was always there to carry it...

Abi Balon D'Or don dey turn Nigerian politics?
see this one can u compare Bayern with barca.messi carried dead barca for so long b4 he drop it and went to paris
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Abdul4trust1(m): 1:47pm On Nov 30, 2021
Timekeeper:

Wailing and crying is sufficient for you..... Penaldo fans grin
sorry, I was for Lewadoski
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Atticusxsz(m): 2:55pm On Nov 30, 2021
Gbeng30:
Rubbish award, the organizers knew Messi doesn't deserve it... that is why they compensate lewardosky with best striker... Nonensical

Abeg o... you no think say you go get to correct that your Nonensical make your future nice so eh?
Messi's 8th Balon d'or Loading after WC... grin
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Atticusxsz(m): 3:15pm On Nov 30, 2021
Masterito:
Based on this stat, I give to. Lewandoski. When Messi scored the highest goals he was given the award.

What about when it's given to Modric, wasn't Messi the overall highest goal scorer as at then but was nominated for 5th position instead of winning it eh? sad

Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Masterito(m): 3:19pm On Nov 30, 2021
The highest goal scorer is even here. See the award is a mess already. Modric and Messi award are both controversial.
Atticusxsz:

What about when it's given to Modric, wasn't Messi the overall highest goal scorer as at then but was nominated for 5th position instead of winning it eh? sad
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Atticusxsz(m): 3:23pm On Nov 30, 2021
Masterito:
The highest goal scorer is even here. See the award is a mess already. Modric and Messi award are both controversial.

Controversial?
Noted sir. grin
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by generalmaxzamani(m): 3:29pm On Nov 30, 2021
Before you wail ..here is the total stats for the voting year...it was totally deserved ...lewandowski only won goals and was likely given best striker

Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by maiquel: 4:17pm On Nov 30, 2021
Maximar:

Noted...
Meanwhile, work on your english.

Its typo.
And its not work on your english but work on your grammar.
Touché!
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Numerouno94(m): 4:33pm On Nov 30, 2021
Paygram:

Kante won man of the match for the semi-finals and champions league final and yet he doesn't deserve it ahead of Messi? Okay o.

Re u for real?

So cos Kante won mom both in semis nd the final he shuld b given automatically ahead of Messi? Goin by ur analogy, do u knw the numba of mtm Messi won last season nd in Copa?
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Numerouno94(m): 4:38pm On Nov 30, 2021
Datedoboy:
Even though Messi is a fantastic footballer, I think Lewandowski deserves this year's prize.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but if we put sentiment aside, Lewa achieved more than Messi this year.
Giving Messi the award shows how imperfect humans are.

Lewi deserves to win it 2seasons ago, which was 2020 buh the award was cancelled due to covid. Remove sentiments nd check their stats for last season nd tell me who actually deserves it.
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Hkff: 4:38pm On Nov 30, 2021
Hmmm

Why I don’t like football it’s nothing but business
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by mixta140: 7:08pm On Nov 30, 2021
Iamthoney:
Na you sabi that one ooo cos e no concern me
Who drag you
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by OVB123: 7:08pm On Nov 30, 2021
prophetfire:
. Honestly, Messi is a great player but he hasn't done anything worthwhile this period in question to deserve that award. They have reduced the credibility of that award. Maybe they used sentiments of his past exploits to do that.
Thank God I still have someone who's reasoning well.
For me this is day light robbing. Lewan definitely should have won it but because of the nepotism in it, they gave to Messi...
God judge them.

1 Like

Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by mixta140: 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2021
xcesspaschal:

Did dey rob Modric? Yet he didn't remain the same after the award.....
He is still at realmadrid where he won it.. he is still playing well...
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Iamthoney(m): 7:13pm On Nov 30, 2021
mixta140:

Who drag you
More like I
Was trying to give you an heads up
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by OVB123: 7:13pm On Nov 30, 2021
SimplySonofman:

Who deserve it
With this Stats
Balloon D’or isn an Award for goals
I just laugh at this statistics because the 3rd and 4th time Messi won it, Christiano Ronaldo had an upper hand but yet they gave it to Messi.
My friend take it or leave it, that organization is bias, even Messi knows about it
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Hermes119: 8:15pm On Nov 30, 2021
IronGalaxy:
I love Messi but seriously Lewandowski was cheated.
How was he cheated

Yes Lewy shone at the domestic level and was Europe's highest goal scorer last season but that was all
Messi on the other hand was la liga's highest goal scorer and had the highest assist and excelled with his country winning the copa America and finishing as the top scorer,most assists and best player,doesn't that give him an edge over Lewy

Come on ballon d'or isn't merely presented to the individual with the most goals in Europe,in 2018 Messi had the most goals and assist in Europe,won the LA liga,his stats were better than Lewy's stats this year but he finished 5th
Let's be objective
You wanted Lewandowski to win,we understand but saying he was cheated,come on
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Hermes119: 8:19pm On Nov 30, 2021
OVB123:

I just laugh at this statistics because the 3rd and 4th time Messi won it, Christiano Ronaldo had an upper hand but yet they gave it to Messi.
My friend take it or leave it, that organization is bias, even Messi knows about it
Are you kidding me Rinaldo had better performance than Messi in 2011 and 2012 when he won his 3rd and 4th Ballon d'or 2011 that Messi won the champions league,LA liga and was runners up of he copa del rey,2012 that Messi scored 91 goals in a single calendar year,some of the things out guys say in a bid to defend your favs are just unbelievable
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by OVB123: 8:47pm On Nov 30, 2021
Hermes119:

Are you kidding me Rinaldo had better performance than Messi in 2011 and 2012 when he won his 3rd and 4th Ballon d'or 2011 that Messi won the champions league,LA liga and was runners up of he copa del rey,2012 that Messi scored 91 goals in a single calendar year,some of the things out guys say in a bid to defend your favs are just unbelievable
I may not be accurate with the time but I know very well that Ronaldo won 2 of Messi 7 award, why Lewan won this year own. Except u just want to hid the truth.
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Hermes119: 9:07pm On Nov 30, 2021
OVB123:

I may not be accurate with the time but I know very well that Ronaldo won 2 of Messi 7 award, why Lewan won this year own. Except u just want to hid the truth.
Actually you are the one that is biased
Messi won in
2009- clearly deserved,he won a treble
2010- controversial but Ronaldo was not even in top 5
2011- Well deserved,won the champions league
2012 - Well deserved,Ronaldo isn't even in the top 3
2015- Won a treble
2019- Didn't win the champions league but was magnificent individually and won the league wit barca,Ronaldo on the other hand failed to win the league with Juventus,he wasnt even series A's top scorer
2021- Ronaldo isn't even in the top 3

So please which years are you referring to
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Datedoboy: 9:17pm On Nov 30, 2021
Numerouno94:

Lewi deserves to win it 2seasons ago, which was 2020 buh the award was cancelled due to covid. Remove sentiments nd check their stats for last season nd tell me who actually deserves it.
If it was Messi that deserved it 2 seasons ago, they would have given him. I will pick Messi ahead of Ronaldo anytime but I think even last season, Lewa was better. Forget about Copa America, even if Lewandowski won Euro with his country they will still give Messi the award.
I'm sure a lot of people will not be happy with the organizers of the award and I feel If Lewandowski performs well this season they might give him the next one to make amends
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Datedoboy: 9:23pm On Nov 30, 2021
Hermes119:

Messi won in
2015- Won a treble
2019- Didn't win the champions league but was magnificent individually and won the league wit barca,Ronaldo on the other hand failed to win the league with Juventus,he wasnt even series A's top scorer

This is what I'm saying anything Messi wins they give him the award because of it. It shouldn't be so. Of course I prefer Messi to Ronaldo but look at Lewandowski. Messi did not win the league, was not highest goal scorer but because he won Copa America they gave him d award. If Messi had not won Copa America and had scored more goals they will say he has more goals and will give him d award. If Messi has more assists they will still give him the award because of it. I did not doubt Messi's previous awards but the one of this year, Lewa deserved it
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by mixta140: 9:24pm On Nov 30, 2021
Iamthoney:
More like I
Was trying to give you an heads up
Oh!my bad
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by shegz24(m): 9:26pm On Nov 30, 2021
There is no laid down criteria.

It's voted for by selected French journalists.
Hence, basically a popularity contest.

WibusJaga:

But isn't there a laid-down transparent procedure for selecting winner of the Ballon d'Or. So why all the fuss? Abi procedures were not followed?
Just like FIFA ranking, if you ask 10 different people they may come up with ten different rankings but then FIFA has its laid down procedures in which they try to be as objective as possible.
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Iamthoney(m): 10:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
mixta140:

Oh!my bad
Lol � ok
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by Hermes119: 10:11pm On Nov 30, 2021
Datedoboy:

This is what I'm saying anything Messi wins they give him the award because of it. It shouldn't be so. Of course I prefer Messi to Ronaldo but look at Lewandowski. Messi did not win the league, was not highest goal scorer but because he won Copa America they gave him d award. If Messi had not won Copa America and had scored more goals they will say he has more goals and will give him d award. If Messi has more assists they will still give him the award because of it. I did not doubt Messi's previous awards but the one of this year, Lewa deserved it
Why does Lewandowski deserve it ?
If you say you like Lewandowski and you wish he won because you like him I can understand that
But these awards are not based on sentiments
Football Journalist from around the world voted for the top nominees and Messi won,its not like its Messi Fans that gave him the award
Let me list some of his achievements in the year under review

He won copa del rey
He was LA liga's top scorer
He made the most assist in LA liga
He has the highest man of the match awards for any player in Europe's elite leagues
He won the copa America
He was copa America's highest goal scorer
He had the highest assist at the copa America
He was the best player at the copa America
E.t.c

What was Lewy's major achievement
He won the bundes liga
He won the German super cup
He won the FIFA club world cup
He was bundes liga top scorer
He was Europe's top scorer

How can you still claim that between these two guys Lewandowski was more deserving of the award
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by mixta140: 5:51am On Dec 01, 2021
Iamthoney:
Lol � ok
Sigh!
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by OVB123: 7:02am On Dec 01, 2021
Hermes119:

Messi won in
2015- Won a treble

You can say whatever you want to say but i insist that messi is not the winner of 2021. they should stop bending the rules to favour him all the time.
Re: Ballon D’Or Organizers Accused Of ‘cheating’ Lewandowski As Messi Wins 7th Award by OVB123: 7:07am On Dec 01, 2021
Iamthoney:
He wasn’t the best player at Inter of 2010, he wasn’t the best player in the serie A in that year, nor was he the best player of the Ucl of 2010 and he wasn’t the best player of the 2010 World Cup. The only thing he had more than Messi was that he scored more goals at the World Cup and Messi had no goals but had more assists. So how was he better than Messi individually or how was he outstanding when he wasn’t the best player in any category at that Inter team?
My dear forget about those things, sneijder was supposed to go home with that award (2010) but again favouritism came to play.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Mikel Obi's Twin Daughters With Russian Girlfriend Look All Grown (see Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Dances In Shopee Advert (Photos) / NFF Offers Keshi N168 Million Two-year Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.