Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

COVID-19: Last Minute Rush As FG Set To Bar Unvaccinated Workers Tomorrow - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / COVID-19: Last Minute Rush As FG Set To Bar Unvaccinated Workers Tomorrow (20021 Views)

Amasa Firdaus: Why I Wore The Hijab Intentionally To Bar Ceremony / Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar / Slay Queen Called To Bar Shares Her Experience At Nigerian Law School. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Last Minute Rush As FG Set To Bar Unvaccinated Workers Tomorrow by Ilysm(f): 5:58pm On Nov 30, 2021
Our government is just a disappointment. Even if FG somehow makes vaccination mandatory, how will it protect Nigerians from the new omicron variant?
Re: COVID-19: Last Minute Rush As FG Set To Bar Unvaccinated Workers Tomorrow by nextstep(m): 6:33pm On Nov 30, 2021
WibusJaga:

Can any sensible person tell me why the vaccine should be made mandatory or why one should be denied certain rights for not taking it?
From what I heard, the vaccine doesn't stop one from contracting Covid-19 but only possibly reduces the severity.
So what risk does the Unvaccinated people pose to the Vaccinated people?
It's as if these people feel they are being used as experimental Guinea pigs for this controversial vaccine & therefore want to forcefully drag as many people as possible into the experiment. SMH.

The trouble is, you need a critical mass of vaccinated people to keep the number of cases low. There's a certain percentage of people who can get very sick and will need medical assistance to pull through. If you have a growth in sick population, and medical assistance is not enough (e.g. not enough ventilators, oxygen, staff), more people will die simply because, well, there are too many to attend to. The ultimate goal is to keep the rate of really sick people low enough, and you do that by vaccinating them.

There are conspiracy theories, sure, but the basic truth is that vaccines are the major reason why people (especially children) don't get ruined or die from polio, measles, tuberculosis, tetanus, flu, etc.

Now a government's mandate is to protects its citizens, and if being vaccinated is an effective way to do so, then so be it. We very strongly encourage vaccination against many other diseases, and it's in fact odd to find someone who hasn't had their "required" vaccines for the aforementioned diseases in Southern Nigeria. Whether this is mandatory (like FG is doing with Covid), or routine (as it has been since the major drives to vaccinate in the 70's and 80's), the point is it's not unusual to have such a mandate.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Last Minute Rush As FG Set To Bar Unvaccinated Workers Tomorrow by Jpolgar(m): 6:40pm On Nov 30, 2021
malcom1X:

It has been reduced to 3 months.
Watch as UK HEALTH MINISTER in this one minute clip said it.

Once it's in UK and US
other countries copy.

They are on their 4th booster shots so the whole of 2022 they would have had 8 shots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pzdMAaq0uM

Oh wow... Thanks for this. No scientific basis for their actions. Just more shots. Keep giving more of the same crap that didn't work the first time. ADE Pro Max loading...
Re: COVID-19: Last Minute Rush As FG Set To Bar Unvaccinated Workers Tomorrow by yahmohy27: 6:51pm On Nov 30, 2021
KingAzari:

Nearly because you were fully vaccinated. Could have been worse without it.
Shut up!
Re: COVID-19: Last Minute Rush As FG Set To Bar Unvaccinated Workers Tomorrow by Takwando(m): 8:20pm On Nov 30, 2021
[b][/b]
WibusJaga:
I keep wondering too.

Can any sensible person tell me why the vaccine should be made mandatory or why one should be denied certain rights for not taking it?
From what I heard, the vaccine doesn't stop one from contracting Covid-19 but only possibly reduces the severity.
So what risk does the Unvaccinated people pose to the Vaccinated people?
It's as if these people feel they are being used as experimental Guinea pigs for this controversial vaccine & therefore want to forcefully drag as many people as possible into the experiment. SMH.
Re: COVID-19: Last Minute Rush As FG Set To Bar Unvaccinated Workers Tomorrow by chaloskyx: 9:34pm On Nov 30, 2021
THE QUESTION IS DO YOU MORONS EVEN KEEP VACCINE RECORDS? FOR GOODNESS SAKE THE SO CALLED FG DONT EVEN KNOW WHOS ON THEIR PAYROLL AND CANT KEEP TRACK OF GHOST WORKERS IN THE SYSTEM ITS NOW COVID VACCINE RECORDS THEY WOULD TAKE SERIOUS DUMB LEADERS
Re: COVID-19: Last Minute Rush As FG Set To Bar Unvaccinated Workers Tomorrow by donnie(m): 7:00am On Dec 01, 2021
So after lying, they turn around and enforce it.

Look if you know you are among those who called us alarmists or you vehemently denied when we said the plan was to make the vaccine compulsory, you better start repenting and restituting now because judgement is already hitting you as I speak for deceiving the public.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top Ten Skills That Employers Want / Which Of These Two Careers Can Help Me Migrate To The US? / Worker Dies As Explosion Rocks Golden Penny Flour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.