Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? (40368 Views)

Motives Could Save Your Life / 5 Reasons Why You Should Opt For Eco-friendly Mattresses / Types Of Wedding Invitation Cards That A Couple Can Opt For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Bizibi(m): 3:11pm On Dec 04, 2021
MufasaLion:
Vasectomy needs more awareness. Most men don't understand how it is and most people don't even know it exist. You just gotta talk to him and explain things to him. Most people believes family planning is only done to the females.

Moreover, ego is among the reasons he kicks against vasectomy. An average African man wouldn't want to live his life knowing his semen is useless.
it has its side effects, some of us prefer keeping it that way. Condoms are preferable.....

Anything that has to do with scrotum,womb....must be very careful. Man made science can never be perfect.
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Remman(m): 3:13pm On Dec 04, 2021
You sure have some mental issues. How do you expect to be in control over a man?

If you really want to marry, you need to drop your differences especially your ego or just remain single. Afterall, there are spinsters living happily. You will realize your mistake either when it's too late or won't have the chance anymore. WTF?

Sounds like a child's play. That is, your only choice to marry is to remove a man's natural gift for a selfish desire. You've got to be shitting me. Why not do it on yourself?

The guy is very wise. He should not support your selfish and inhuman desire. Rubbish! Well, this is what you get from children of Nama days...!

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Figger(m): 3:13pm On Dec 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
According to whom? undecided
are u the only child of your parents? If u re the only child, are u happy about it?
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by linearity: 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
@Mercychen

Why do you think he is the problem, when you also refused to have the family planning done on you?

You can turn the questions, you are asking inward and ask yourself....

1. Why did you bluntly refuse?
2. Could you have ulterior motives?
3. Is it better for him to opt-out, than regret later?
4. What does it mean, when a woman kicks against family planning?

FYI:
There are safe female family planning methods, tubal ligation is the female equivalent to vasectomy, very effective just like vasectomy, less risky just like a vasectomy. It is also reversible, just like vasectomy, why not pick his call and tell him, that you have now found the solution?

5 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
Prettychild:

Well I think most men would not want vasectomy because the idea of being able to impregnate a woman always boost their ego. So in order to balance the equation and in order not to look one side, tell him that he does vasectomy and you will do tubal ligation, so that the probability of anyone having a baby for an outsider will be ruled out

Ah Finally! Someone thinking in my direction .

Someone who understands my fears and worries.

Why did I never think of this.? At least this is a fair deal with my Interest still protected.

God bless you.

I don't usually follow people but you just earned yourself a follower. smiley.

Ill call him tonight and tell him this. Let's see if he will agree. If not, we park it up.

Thanks a bunch.

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by TheGreatOne90: 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi fam.

Something has been bothering me of late and leaving me emotionally and mentally stressed and drained for the past weeks and I'm cut between the devil and the deep blue sea.

There's this bro we're trying to see if we can work things out. though, I never really wanted anything relationship again or at least for now until I'm decided later in the future on what I really want for myself.

Before, I delve into the main discuss , let
me quickly highlight how it all started.

Some months back, My publisher came to deliver the books I ordered for. So while sorting the books, he just got teasing me like " Babes, na wa o. What's up with your romantic life now?. I've never seen you pulling with anyone. It's always work, biz Money money money I see you pursuing. Lol... I just told him, guy, free me abeg and I went on counting the books at the boot of his car.

He now walked up to me and said, on a more serious note, what is happening? So I told him it's a personal choice cos I dont have the strength for relationship brouhaha now. He agreed with me that truly its not easy and even as a married man, he too feels the heat but the good thing is, he married in the Lord. So I should choose wisely from among the brethren.

So he said, he has this family friend, an eligible bachelor, who wants a decent lady and I'm the one that comes to mind each time the guy mentions it because since he's be dealing with me, he can vouch that I'm a very honest, hard-working and decent lady. So he would want the bro to have me.
That was how I got to meet bro.

Now fastforward to the main reason of this post.
There was this particular day we tripped out to cool off and discuss about US. So we got talking and planning on how to build our home in a way that we will not be caught unawares with some setbacks and unplanned responsibilities. So the issue of children came up and I suggested we have only one, which he reluctantly accepted after much convincing. So we tried to look at ways we can maintain that decision and I suggested a vasectomy. citing the possibilities of health risks (as a result of mismatches ) and failures that might occur if the family planning is done on me but with vasectomy, no issues. He looked me in the eyes and said, "my darling" no!

I was dumbfounded.... And became a little worried because, if he has no plans of having more children, why would he kick against the idea of a vasectomy?

If we are going to be one and follow one course, why shying away from a plan that will benefit us as a couple and a family?

Could it be, he only agreed to have one with me and plans to have more else where?
Is vasectomy a life threatening condition?

I was still trying to wrap my head around his refusal, when he said, it will be done on you ( the family planning). That instant, I felt all alone, like im on my own. So I told him I needed to cool off, and he said feel free.
I left the tent and went to the waters prentending to be playing with the water. He came and dragged me out of the water. we strolled without a word and I asked him to take me home. He did.

He called when he got home. I was cold to him so, he promised to call again but since then Ive refused to pick his calls or reply his texts.

The big question is ..
WHY DID HE BLUNTLY REFUSE A VASECTOMY?

COULD HE HAVE ULTERIOR MOTIVES?

IS IT NOT BETTER TO OPT OUT NOW THAN PRETEND I DIDN'T GET THE MESSAGE AND END UP IN REGRETS?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN A MAN KICKS AGAINST VASECTOMY?
You are clearly insane. You want vasectomy, but you want it done On another person ?

3 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by babavik: 3:15pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi fam.

Something has been bothering me of late and leaving me emotionally and mentally stressed and drained for the past weeks and I'm cut between the devil and the deep blue sea.

There's this bro we're trying to see if we can work things out. though, I never really wanted anything relationship again or at least for now until I'm decided later in the future on what I really want for myself.

Some months back, My publisher came to deliver the books I ordered for. So while sorting the books, he just got teasing me like " Babes, na wa o. What's up with your romantic life now?. I've never seen you pulling with anyone. It's always work, biz Money money money I see you pursuing. Lol... I just told him, guy, free me abeg and I went on counting the books at the boot of his car.

He now walked up to me and said, on a more serious note, what is happening? So I told him it's a personal choice cos I dont have the strength for relationship brouhaha now. He agreed with me that truly its not easy and even as a married man, he too feels the heat but the good thing is, he married in the Lord. So I should choose wisely from among the brethren.

So he said, he has this family friend, an eligible bachelor, who wants a decent lady and I'm the one that comes to mind each time the guy mentions it because since he's be dealing with me, he can vouch that I'm a very honest, hard-working and decent lady. So he would want the bro to have me.

There was this particular day we tripped out to cool off and discuss about US. So we got talking and planning on how to build our home in a way that we will not be caught unawares with some setbacks and unplanned responsibilities. So the issue of children came up and I suggested we have only one, which he reluctantly accepted after much convincing. So we tried to look at ways we can maintain that decision and I suggested a vasectomy. citing the possibilities of health risks (as a result of mismatches ) and failures that might occur if the family planning is done on me but with vasectomy, no issues. He looked me in the eyes and said, "my darling" no!

I was dumbfounded.... And became a little worried because, if he has no plans of having more children, why would he kick against the idea of a vasectomy?

If we are going to be one and follow one course, why shying away from a plan that will benefit us as a couple and a family?

Could it be, he only agreed to have one with me and plans to have more else where?

I was still trying to wrap my head around his refusal, when he said, it will be done on you ( the family planning). That instant, I felt all alone, like im on my own. So I told him I needed to cool off, and he said feel free.
I left the tent and went to the waters prentending to be playing with the water. He came and dragged me out of the water. we strolled without a word and I asked him to take me home. He did.

He called when he got home. I was cold to him so, he promised to call again but since then Ive refused to pick his calls or reply his texts.

The big question is ..

IS IT NOT BETTER TO OPT OUT NOW THAN PRETEND I DIDN'T GET THE MESSAGE AND END UP IN REGRETS?

Maybe you don't understand the magnitude of sacrifice you want him to make for you.
He has agreed on one child with you and you still want him to render himself impotent?? (Even if temporary)
Why not tie your ovaries up.
What if something happens to the only child in future??
Just look for who will accommodate this your yeye plan.
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by PrinceOfLagos: 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2021
Only a foolish man will accept such wicked condition

Is your love and pussy made of gold?

Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Funkybabee(f): 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2021
You sound selfish

U want only one child, u don't even say two

You want him to sterile is sperm

I fear you woman

Not anything to sacrifice for the young ma

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by yorubarere: 3:17pm On Dec 04, 2021
JovialJune:

Which stupid ego? What has ego got to do with breeding like chicken here and there? Men are actually the cause of overpopulation of the world especially Nigeria, if we should ascertain the ratio of women aware of family planning, it is very high, men prefer to breed here and there like daft ignorant illiterate, clip your diick mbanu, they will push it to their wives,

They never want to take reaponsibilty, women have been responsible for child birth control for decades, there should be an awareness for vasectomy really.
I have told you before and I will still say it again. You are too bittered to be married. Just wait and see what will happen in few years. U will remember I said it first cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by MrMacinterchi1: 3:17pm On Dec 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
According to whom? undecided
according to common sense.
All things being equal, most people will opt for More than one kid (at least two).

2 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by King44(m): 3:18pm On Dec 04, 2021
For me Vasectomy, is a no no may we not see reasons to regret doing it.

Na when life hit you hard and you need .ore children you go know say you don pass your boundary apply wisdom
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Born2winKingOG: 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2021
MufasaLion:
Vasectomy needs more awareness. Most men don't understand how it is and most people don't even know it exist. You just gotta talk to him and explain things to him. Most people believes family planning is only done to the females.

Moreover, ego is among the reasons he kicks against vasectomy. An average African man wouldn't want to live his life knowing his semen is useless.
you be sîmp for life

8 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by MrMacinterchi1: 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2021
This thread was created by the op for cruise sake. don't take it serious. it's just a topic for discussion. Period.

2 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Emotionss: 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Michelle55:

Haha! Guess the truth is bitter and you couldn't swallow it. Sorry hon, you aren't worth being pained or envious about.

You insisted you were done with men yet you couldn't stop floating like an evil witch all over the post that has to do with them, no be juju be that? cheesy

How are we sure that it's not an imaginary suitor you are killing yourself over, madam I'M DONE WITH MEN

Trust me, you ain't worth nada.. Feeling sorry for the young man who has got himself entangled with a sanctimonious being like you, nothing revolves around you. Take a look around and you will discover that the world still moves hon cheesy

May my brothers never come in contact with a selfish hag like you. Amen!

The op is hiding something.

I find it extremely suspicious that a woman whose menopause is just few months away is insisting that her man most perform vasectomy in other to prove his love for her.

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by AfroKnight: 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2021
The guy should just run away. grin

You’re the one who wants just one kid. Why can’t you tie your tubes after having your kid? Why are you leaving yourself susceptible to pregnancy?

Well, the ball is in his court now. A normal sensible guy will end whatever you guys have. A brazenly selfish woman is a danger to her husband.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by vibratingpenis: 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi fam.

The big question is ..

I no need finish your write up but why not after the one baby if na me as am having the vasectomy, in same hospital them go also dey uproot your womb plus fallopian tube as that one is not life threatening too. After my mother finished having us and fibroid was disturbing her, she removed all her womb and she still looks like a young sexy woman now and she and my father now enjoy raw snagging without fear of getting pregnant. So, what is good for the goose should be gooder for the gander too.
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by gudugudumeje: 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2021
Marry him. GO FOR Hysterectomy and tie your womb... ANd allow the man to go polygamy.... And bear the risk alone. Do not share the risk....

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by MrMacinterchi1: 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:

Thats why Ive stopped picking his calls. Let him look for someone that will give him battalion.
D
not picking his calls doesn't stop anything. open up and tell him that you are not interested again and see him moveeee
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by ABANGWABOI(m): 3:24pm On Dec 04, 2021
Imagine say the man do Vasectomy rubbish and later found out through DNA that he is not the only child's father.. or the only child got killed by Police or the situation on FB of this Sylvester boy.

Naso you the wife and your family would inherit all he got.. or you start fighting with his Kinsmen over his properties.. after all in Africa men are expected to die first before their wives.

I only pity the modern Woke generation Boys called me that would agree to all this Rubbish.. I respect Muslim men so much.. you no fit suggest this rubbish to even a Harvard trained Muslim ..

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Born2winKingOG: 3:24pm On Dec 04, 2021
Michelle55:
Grudgingly and you called that an agreement? Kobo, biko leave me lipsrsealed
kobo is a known junkie
kobojunkie

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by MoneyMustBMade(m): 3:25pm On Dec 04, 2021
End time marriage. Our generation are loosing it... Many regret and suicide for this generation.. having one child and start pampering the child till u wasted the child and tomorrow u will come and blame God, people that are looking for child are going for surrogate still praying to God. This one is here talking trash
Mercychen:
Hi fam.

The big question is ..

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by devoutpraise: 3:25pm On Dec 04, 2021
Very risky
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Heroicvic(m): 3:26pm On Dec 04, 2021
MY OWN IS WHAT IF THIS YOUR ONLY CHILD DIES ALONG THE LINE

Studies demonstrating a 2-fold increase in the risk of prostate cancer after vasectomy were conducted in the US, where prostate cancer is common, and contained possible biases.

Person go use 100k go buy postrate cancer on top Wetin he no like

Just go and adopt fess
When you're ready to get married lemme know for marriage advice thanks

1 Like

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Tribalism123(m): 3:27pm On Dec 04, 2021
Nne
U are SELFISH and wicked.
Very evil.
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by kazyhm(m): 3:27pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:
Hi fam.

The big question is ..

No he doesn't but you have a very wicked ulterior motive.

And you know it.

A one sided road map for a relationship in anticipation is heading nowhere....
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by MrMacinterchi1: 3:27pm On Dec 04, 2021
zed7:
Do you know the meaning of a vasectomy? If you run off with another man or God forbid you die, what happens?
It's either you do family planning or you guys use condoms. Stop talking nonsense about vasectomy to a young man.

I've been stumbling on this lady's posts occasionally and it's easy to observe that she not so 'alright'.
Lol Lol �grin. she's cruise master ABI mistress
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Echoban: 3:29pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercychen:

A slight twist you call it but I've heard of so many women who later had issues with family planning they did.

It's easier for the men because their system is not so complex like that of women.

We already discussed about all the other methods especially condom and he said, for how long is he going to be using condom on his life time wife. He already kicked against the idea.

Woh, I'm tired.

Which doctor told u that?? Or u heard sisi news from market women bah..

IUD can be fixed on u, it last for 10 years ..

Ego won't even allow an average African man to do vasectomy. The taught of becoming sterile alone can rip a man off his lane..

With u Tubaligation ur uterus can still carry a child while harvesting ur oocyte. But with vasectomy, it's over for the man.. even a man at 80 who is dieing won't agree to that taught. U get mind to even discuss that nonscence. Fear no even catch u ni undecided
If na me b the man I go run away from u..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Tribalism123(m): 3:30pm On Dec 04, 2021
AdaSunshine:
Your terms and conditions are just simply too much, a huge turn off.

-Don't you think that is too much of a sacrifice to ask of someone you're not married to?

-Do you think you're worth that sacrifice?
Why would you ask someone to give up their fertility?
-How far have you gone with him to dare to ask that of him?
-Do you know the magnitude of the sacrifice you're asking for?
- Isn't that selfish of you?

-Will you be ready to take the blame later in future?
If I were the guy, I'd take that as a red flag.
I'd be the one to opt out.

U will make heaven Nne.

2 Likes

Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Collins4u1(m): 3:30pm On Dec 04, 2021
Since you're the head that carrying the one child matter, yes I agree with him it will be done on you.
BTW vasectomy involves tampering with the male reproductive organ, imagine!!! If they Wan cut Cas deferens tube come damage something else.
If una no go use pill or condom make una especially you get out.
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Richy4(m): 3:31pm On Dec 04, 2021
ugotaya:

Brothers should watch out for all these narcissist women that will not only ruin their life but also their destiny. ha haaaaaaaaaaa.
smiley
Re: Could He Have Ulterior Motives By Disagreeing To This? Should I Opt Out? by Collins4u1(m): 3:31pm On Dec 04, 2021
Why not goan remove your womb after having the first child?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Four Children Died From Severe Heat After They Locked Themselves In A Car / My Ex-Girlfriend Keeps Disturbing My Relationship / 8-Month Pregnant Woman Dies One Month After Her Wedding (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.