Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Photos: D'banj & Don Jazzy With Jay-z, Kanye West & La Reid - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Photos: D'banj & Don Jazzy With Jay-z, Kanye West & La Reid (36849 Views)

D'banj & Don Jazzy Perform Together In Port Harcourt (Photos, Video) / Don Jazzy With Dbanj At His Sister’s Wedding / Don-Jazzy With N248M Goût-de-Diamants Champagne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: D'banj & Don Jazzy With Jay-z, Kanye West & La Reid by stmarc32(m): 5:28am On Jun 13, 2011
I had this same discussion with a friend yesterday, D'banj and his cohorts have never sang anything beneficial to Nigeria or africa as a whole, he has always maintained Fela is his mentor , he has not sang anything relating to issue like unemployment , corruption e.t.c

these big recording companies have subsidiaries scouting for talents to destroy, they always watch out for someone who is coming out with the truth, They have changed Rap/hip hop to something else ,  in the good ol days of Biggie n Pac ,the real NWA, Rap used to be a medium for blacks to voice out the the truth about oppression inequality , injustice now its all about drugs, guns,money niggas bragging abt how they've shot a fellow black man e.tc.  their messages only make blacks in diaspora and in africa aspire to something they cannot attain, quite similar to the Willie-Lynch syndrome , keep some niggas in the house to control the rest,

Re: Photos: D'banj & Don Jazzy With Jay-z, Kanye West & La Reid by johnie: 9:27am On Jun 13, 2011

Re: Photos: D'banj & Don Jazzy With Jay-z, Kanye West & La Reid by harpo(m): 9:50am On Jun 13, 2011
Hey i wish you guys all the best
Re: Photos: D'banj & Don Jazzy With Jay-z, Kanye West & La Reid by jadacliff(m): 10:52am On Jun 13, 2011
them don join already, some people mentality are too low to understand dis guys.they ar not wat u see they all worship d god of sun which is better known as Illuminati, just look at dbanj's pendant, that is Illuminati signs,
Re: Photos: D'banj & Don Jazzy With Jay-z, Kanye West & La Reid by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 13, 2011
But then we must realize that themes such as injustice, oppression, bad governance, afrocentricity and other such 'activist' themes hardly interest the vast majority of music lovers. That's the cold truth. The themes that resonate with the vulgar masses and translate into millions of album sales are stuff like sex, biatches, guns, crack/gang-violence, money, cars, love/romance, the good life, then-broke-now-rich sort of stories, etc. Even the likes of 2pac and Biggie. . .their biggest hits were those that centered on such themes.

To be honest I don't think the so-called 'white' music industry titans are interested in propagating any paticular message per se - in terms of how they try to influence their musicians' artistic direction. All that they are interested in is SALES and PROFITS. They are vastly experienced in the business (take a Godfather like LA Reid for instance); they know the sort of stuff that the paying public want to hear, and so they seek to sign the sort of artists they think are capable of producing such material, or alternatively they seek to influence the artistic direction of their labels' artists towards producing the sort of 'commercial' stuff that would appeal to the vast majority. It is really as simple as that. The likes of Talib Kweli, common, Mos Def, etc. are never going to sell millions of records - not because the big record companies conspire against them, but because most ordinary music buyers are simply not interested in their art forms and lyrical contents. And if the music buyers aren't interested in your music, then the big record companies would avoid you like a plague. It's that simple.

I don't think there is any intricate plot or deliberate conspiracy by the industry titans to "destroy" any artist or  any form of artistic expression. It's all about business, sales and profits.
Re: Photos: D'banj & Don Jazzy With Jay-z, Kanye West & La Reid by cap28: 11:22am On Jun 13, 2011
ikuku:

I HAVE NEVER HEARD SO MUCH BULLSH!T IN MY LIFE BEFORE!!! DUDE, YOU TAKE THE CAKE FOR PULLING A LOT OF droppings OUT OF YOUR OWN BACKSIDE. angry

instead of reverting to name calling why not educate us on why you disagree with the above.
Re: Photos: D'banj & Don Jazzy With Jay-z, Kanye West & La Reid by martinosi: 2:15pm On Jun 13, 2011
ikuku:

I HAVE NEVER HEARD SO MUCH BULLSH!T IN MY LIFE BEFORE!!! DUDE, YOU TAKE THE CAKE FOR PULLING A LOT OF droppings OUT OF YOUR OWN BACKSIDE. angry

Do your research before you talk or if u are not bothered to research stay with posting sports pictures of
the super-eagles in training and at Airports lol!!!
Re: Photos: D'banj & Don Jazzy With Jay-z, Kanye West & La Reid by martinosi: 2:33pm On Jun 13, 2011
MariAmara:

P Square should be crying by now.

P Square crying,  my sister P-square are really laughing at Dbanj for being such
a desporado.

P-Square have also invested their money well into other businessess so i guess the Joke is
on Dbanj. P-square have good people around them ie thier older brother and also
relatives and friends advising them well on business issues.

I Stand to be corrected P-square make $100,000 Dollars per show in Africa,

See proof in Video below,

Their Music Business runs in to Multi-million dollars per year, they are doing just fine i must say!!!

Note what the Brothers said @ 1.33min lol!!!!
[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEUhtA7tgqc[/flash]
Re: Photos: D'banj & Don Jazzy With Jay-z, Kanye West & La Reid by Emperor4God(m): 2:11am On Jul 18, 2013
[size=14pt]PROOF THAT D'BANJ IS A ILLUMINATI COMING SOON TO [/size] cool

http://emperorundertheking..co.uk
Re: Photos: D'banj & Don Jazzy With Jay-z, Kanye West & La Reid by Emperor4God(m): 3:59am On Jul 19, 2013
PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF D’BANJ IS IN THE ILLUMINATI

JUST AS WE SAID WE WOULD.

http://emperorundertheking..co.uk/2013/07/dbanj-in-photo-displaying-illuminatis.html

I WONDER WHAT HIS PASTOR WILL SAY.
Re: Photos: D'banj & Don Jazzy With Jay-z, Kanye West & La Reid by chuose: 4:12am On Jul 20, 2013
Emperor4God: PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF D’BANJ IS IN THE ILLUMINATI

JUST AS WE SAID WE WOULD.

http://emperorundertheking..co.uk/2013/07/dbanj-in-photo-displaying-illuminatis.html

I WONDER WHAT HIS PASTOR WILL SAY.

[size=16pt]TRULY NOBODY CAN DISPUTE THAT D'BANJ IS IN THE ILLUMINATI,

THE PICTURES ARE LEGIT
[/size]

1 Like

Re: Photos: D'banj & Don Jazzy With Jay-z, Kanye West & La Reid by Prestdude: 3:41pm On Nov 02, 2015
Don Jazzy’s Early Days

Mr Michael Collins Ajereh though not married is also known as Don Jazzy and was born in the vibrant city of Umuahia, though his state of origin is Delta state. Don Jazzy’s family moved to Lagos state and where one of the residents in Ajegunle city and that was primarily where the ace producer grew up. Her is a product of Federal Government College Lagos (FGCL). His love for the act of music started with playing of the drums and the singing at small events when he was only age four.

http://www.prestnaija.com/the-don-jazzy-biography-read-profile-music-and-endorsement-deals-life-history/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

John Njamah And His Cameroonian Wife Step Out (photos) / Funke Akindele, Anita Joseph, Angela Okorie & Uche Elendu (Throwback Photo) / ‘Letter To Obasanjo’ - Eedris Abdulkareem Slams Ex President In New Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.