Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,030 members, 7,814,511 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) (52236 Views)

Primary School Pupil Takes 4 Of His Schoolmates To School On Okada / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died / Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Sterope(f): 3:02pm On Dec 01, 2021
Lmao. Where did you find your own set of rules? grin

Adakintroy:

You talking from sentiments. Am not sure you understand what bann means. You don't kill a theive for killing another thieve. Those are dark corners. Nobody likes going their..you on your own.

Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by hahn(m): 3:24pm On Dec 01, 2021
Righteousness2:
Just Imagine what is done to a 12yr old.

Lawlessness, Wickedness and all sort of Depravities is ravaging the land.

What Governments are interested in is to Force- Mark people for a Disease that has over 99% recovery rate.

These are the Last of the Last Moments! Whoever values his/her soul in Eternity should stand firm and refuse to bow to the Beast.

Those that have Ears to Hear, let them Hear.

And your god couldn't save him. He just sat in heaven wanking to gay people having sex undecided
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by edimaan: 3:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
lalasticlala:
As shared by Perrison Oromoni:

"This is my 12 years old cousin that was beaten to death at a school that cost over 1 million naira.

They tried to put him in cult, he refused and they killed him. Secondary school o.

Anybody that can kill me hould kill! me now, my brothe won't die for nothing, Anslem Temile, Michael Kashamu and Benjamin Favor and Dowen college, jst knw he called your names before he died.

Dowen college is a disgrace. He mentioned 5 names before passing yesterday."

It's really unfortunate and painful. I sympathise and empathise with the boy's parents, families and relatives. May God give the family the fortitude to bear the loss. Amen

However, it's not true that he was beaten to death by his colleagues. Teachers don't beat in Dowen. No corporal punishment in Dowen in line with Lagos State policy on education.

No cultism in Dowen as being spread on the social media. It's a baseless allegation. There's a regular campaign against bullying in the school.

The boy actually fell sick and died later. Although, he injured his leg while playing football before falling sick. Further investigation is still on going.

May God Almighty give the parents the fortitude to bear the loss. Amen

Nigerians, let's not hurriedly run into conclusion on seeing any allegation on social media.
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by trumpcoat(m): 3:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
Innocent chap rest in peace
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by verybadmouth(m): 3:36pm On Dec 01, 2021
backbencher:
That's why some parents can never send their kids to boarding school.

Even those that had good experiences there.
it's a day school
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 01, 2021
verybadmouth:
it's a day school

I see.
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Realmi: 3:49pm On Dec 01, 2021
Onyeka2019:

Lol.. I sabi this school for lekki phase One I sometimes pass there..
But wait Che nah the student of this school kill am or what. Cox that school is too good to have Agberos
I believe one can only see Agberos in public schools or low budget private schools in mainland..

The question is who are the cultist in that dowen school? Over to you lalastic.
why u dey talk like this guy...who tell u say na only agbero dey do cultist..... the rich, prim and pepper, corporate guys etc, are the once more involved in cult...
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by delpee(f): 4:17pm On Dec 01, 2021
killmods:
Sad way to go for the kid.. The story tho sounds one kind. From my own POV it seems like initiation gone wrong. Secondly it might just be a case of bullying. They should allow police investigate properly. I hope the killers are brought to book and justice is served.

Rip kid

The question is why should a 12 year old be initiated into a cult in the first instance? Why should bullying be allowed? Who invited him to join a cult? Are cults allowed to thrive in the school?

Truly, may justice be served.

2 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 01, 2021
verybadmouth:
it's a day school

Checked their website. It does have boarding facilities. So not purely a day school
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Adakintroy: 4:40pm On Dec 01, 2021
Sterope:
Lmao. Where did you find your own set of rules? grin

Nobi my rules. Na logic.

If something is bann he get why. But let's not further than this line. Na assume I assume am. May be wrong to start with
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Naijaolosho2: 4:58pm On Dec 01, 2021
ekaette1621:
Ipobian things

No sense at all.
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by WIREMIND: 5:17pm On Dec 01, 2021
mrkings84:

Which one be the end is near?

See, the end has come already!
E don't end!
lol, abi
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by kaliphman(m): 5:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
edimaan:

It's really unfortunate and painful. I sympathise and empathise with the boy's parents, families and relatives. May God give the family the fortitude to bear the loss. Amen

However, it's not true that he was beaten by his colleagues. Teachers don't beat in Dowen. No corporal punishment in Dowen in line with Lagos State policy on education.

No cultism in Dowen as being spread on the social media. It's a baseless allegation. There's a regular campaign against bullying in the school. We don't have bullies amongst us.

The boy actually fell sick and died later. Although, he injured his leg while playing football before falling sick. Further investigation is still on going.

Nigerians, let's not hurriedly run into conclusion on seeing any allegation on social media.
But you have drawn your own conclusion. From your account, you are obviously a witness.

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by writeprof(m): 5:46pm On Dec 01, 2021
Sad! His family should be rich enough to fight for justice though the dead is dead. If you know the cover-ups in some of these big people schools, you go fear.
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Sterope(f): 5:53pm On Dec 01, 2021
That logic doesn't apply in court and on the real world

Adakintroy:

Nobi my rules. Na logic.

If something is bann he get why. But let's not further than this line. Na assume I assume am. May be wrong to start with
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by MDK777: 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2021
Cultist Boys Are Sufferin And They Need The Son Of A Rich FooL To Help Them Out Thats Why They Are Trying To Initiate That Boy So That They Can Get Help From His Rich Parents But The Poor InOCent Guy Refuse. Stop Making Life UnComFortAble! A SecondARY School Worth 1Million+ In This Country?! TheN How Do You Expect Others To CoPE?! The Earlier The Better!
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Adakintroy: 6:33pm On Dec 01, 2021
Sterope:
That logic doesn't apply in court and on the real world

It does
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by InoGetJoy: 7:08pm On Dec 01, 2021
Who bears the brunt of dysfunction. Isn't it the parents themselves. It's not the teacher or the school. So if it's the parents sabotaging discipline & them & their children suffering the consequences then it's a comeuppance. They should meet as parents & continue with anarchy.

Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Oluwatodunjb1: 7:39pm On Dec 01, 2021
Dowen is a school that has discipline and they are always trying all their best to ensure the students get quality education which parents paid for... And besides this is private college which there are many security personnel to corb any immorality, i investigated on this matter immediately I heard this and i discovered from the students in dowen college that the late boy was not bitten by any cult and i was assured that there is no cult in the school, i was told the boy play football which he had an injury and he was taken to the school nurse and they gave him some medical treatment and this same late boy went ahead to play boy the next day and the injuries came up and he wasn't really serious about it , i know you understand how children does , he doesn't complain until it becomes so serious and then the school had to call his parents, i heard his parents were in Lagos and then the late boy parent has to call one of the cousin's who stay in Lagos to pick him up, i also heard that the school has been communicating with his parents which the parent told the school that to boy is fine until when the boy died on Tuesday morning... I want you all to understand that it is a huge tragedy for the family and i know how they felt but they should also consider the school image and reputation which it has been built for more than 20years, this is not the school fault neither anyone... Let's always consider the future in all we do thanks.. don't let us always conclude when you have no fact cos you never know the results which that can leed to...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by IbileIfe: 8:40pm On Dec 01, 2021
BLOOD FOR BLOOD.
Thank Almighty God he mentioned their names before he passed away.
Thank you for sharing their names.
They will not escape from the consequences of their abominable crime.
They will not know where and when it will happen.
BLOOD FOR BLOOD.
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by skentelelady(f): 8:43pm On Dec 01, 2021
edimaan:

However, it's not true that he was beaten by his colleagues. Teachers don't beat in Dowen. No corporal punishment in Dowen in line with Lagos State policy on education.

No cultism in Dowen as being spread on the social media. It's a baseless allegation. There's a regular campaign against bullying in the school. We don't have bullies amongst us.

What nonsense are you saying? He fell sick and the school couldn't call the parents attention to it? He fell sick and he was allowed to play football and from there he got injured, rushed to the hospital ad died right? If you are trying to protect the image of down college based on this your fake story I pray such a thing happen to the members of your family. You dont want the school to go down becos of your job right just watch out. Dowen college is never a good school with their bully and lack of discipline and home training students you are producing. I know the genesis of that school more that you. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by byteem: 9:53pm On Dec 01, 2021
This is not the first time I am hearing cult in private and public secondary schools.. it has become a hype thin.. I heard that what those kids say is that celebrities like davido wizkid Burna olamide and all them music stars they love are all frat boys .. so if their role models .. brothers cousins dads and even mum's are cultists capos and yahoo boys,they see these things and like the gospel seeks to catch them young.. the frat houses are in stiff competition to also catch them young and expand their territories.. u do the maths.. God help us..
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by byteem: 9:57pm On Dec 01, 2021
You are doing the job they paid you to do no qualms. .. names were mentioned.. so let's investigate.. the truth cannot be covered..
Oluwatodunjb1:
Dowen is a school that has discipline and they are always trying all their best to ensure the students get quality education which parents paid for... And besides this is private college which there are many security personnel to corb any immorality, i investigated on this matter immediately I heard this and i discovered from the students in dowen college that the late boy was not bitten by any cult and i was assured that there is no cult in the school, i was told the boy play football which he had an injury and he was taken to the school nurse and they gave him some medical treatment and this same late boy went ahead to play boy the next day and the injuries came up and he wasn't really serious about it , i know you understand how children does , he doesn't complain until it becomes so serious and then the school had to call his parents, i heard his parents were in Lagos and then the late boy parent has to call one of the cousin's who stay in Lagos to pick him up, i also heard that the school has been communicating with his parents which the parent told the school that to boy is fine until when the boy died on Tuesday morning... I want you all to understand that it is a huge tragedy for the family and i know how they felt but they should also consider the school image and reputation which it has been built for more than 20years, this is not the school fault neither anyone... Let's always consider the future in all we do thanks.. don't let us always conclude when you have no fact cos you never know the results which that can leed to...
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by byteem: 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2021
writeprof:
Sad! His family should be rich enough to fight for justice though the dead is dead. If you know the cover-ups in some of these big people schools, you go fear.

As in.. is it the rapes.molestations..or the drugs
amongst the students .. not teacher or wards ooo.. noww it's cultism .. when it happens they cover up .. no noise please we don't want media attention that what they say.. ..we have sacrificed discipline for mediocrity..result right before you..

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Makajaji: 10:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
MEDIA STATEMENT
Press Statement on Oromoni Sylvester
The attention of the management of Dowen College has been drawn to a viral post on the sad demise of one of our precious children, Sylvester Oromoni.
On 21st day of November 2021, one of the Hostel Parents reported to management that Sylvester was injured while playing football. The resident registered nurse immediately administered first aid on him and after he expressed relief, was released to return to his hostel room.

Sylvester was in class on Monday 22nd day of November 2021, but during school hours one of his friends accompanied him to the Sick Bay where he complained of some pain in his hip. The doctor examined him and prescribed Ibrofen for the pain, while the nurse massaged his leg, after which Sylvester said he felt a bit better.
In accordance with school policy, the resident doctor called Mrs. Oromoni reporting the incident and requesting that she come for him so that he could get further medical attention. The mother however said she was not in Lagos, spoke with Sylvester and prayed with him on the phone and promised to send the guardian to pick him up immediately for further medical attention.
When the guardian failed to show up, the next day on the 23rdof November 2021, the doctor called the mother again and this time, she assured that his guardian would pick him from school. Sylvester’s guardian showed up and took him for X-ray after which the guardian informed the school management that the results of the investigation revealed that no part of his body was broken or injured. The resident doctor also called the mother later in the week to check up on Sylvester’s progress but she informed the doctor that Sylvester was sleeping at the time.
The Principal also spoke with Mrs. Oromoni on the phone to enquire about his progress and she reported that he was having a massage and gave the phone to Sylvester to speak with the Principal.
As a result, it came as no small shock to us to read wild social media tales that Sylvester was beaten by some students and that he specifically mentioned some names. We immediately commenced investigations and invited the students mentioned for interview. Sylvester's guardian was also present during some of the investigations. It was revealed that nothing of such happened.
The whole incident was strange and unbelievable because:
1. The school has effective anti-bullying policies and consequences are well spelt out to all the students.
2. The preliminary investigation showed that there was no fighting, bullying or any form of attack on the boy.
3. There were no reports by Sylvester himself, his sister who is also a student or any other students, prefects, house parents, medical staff or any of the management staff about any fighting or bullying incident.
4. The school has two regular nurses and a qualified medical doctor that promptly attend to students’ medical needs.
5. The resident doctor followed the laid down procedure by inviting Mrs. Oromoni to take Sylvester home for further treatment after initial treatment by the school’s medical staff.

The school has a very cordial relationship with the Oromoni family as Sylvester is the fifth child of the family Dowen College has the privilege to train, including his elder sister who is currently a student at the school.

Furthermore, we state categorically Dowen College is built on core values of godliness and excellence and will not tolerate any acts of cultism, which is why there is nothing like that and there has never been such deviant activities going on, as this is a faith based school and effective policies are in place to prevent such occurrence.

We are deeply saddened by the death of Sylvester who was a dearly beloved student of the school. We wish to extend our deepest sympathy and heart-felt condolences to the Oromoni family, relatives, friends, and classmates at this very difficult time.

Thank you.

PRINCIPAL

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Plusk4u: 10:32pm On Dec 01, 2021
The schools Authority should hold resposible because 1m not be Small money.
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Exodora: 10:46pm On Dec 01, 2021
Wonder what a 12year will be doing with cult members.
I pray am able to sleep this night after reading this. Those completeidiots should be roasted alive.
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by edimaan: 11:48pm On Dec 01, 2021
skentelelady:

What nonsense are you saying? He fell sick and the school couldn't call the parents attention to it? He fell sick and he was allowed to play football and from there he got injured, rushed to the hospital ad died right? If you are trying to protect the image of down college based on this your fake story I pray such a thing happen to the members of your family. You dont want the school to go down becos of your job right just watch out. Dowen college is never a good school with their bully and lack of discipline and home training students you are producing. I know the genesis of that school more that you. I rest my case

This is the official statement from Dowen College:

Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by goodheart01: 12:33am On Dec 02, 2021
federal9:

It's not my fault that you can't comprehend simple English.

And it ain't my fault u chose to sound stupid
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by paulohgirlie(f): 1:04am On Dec 02, 2021
Ti won ba fun werey loko, odo ara e lo ma roko si!! All affected party will surely claim right.
School authority will fight for biz going concern, while family will fight for blood lost/wasted.
Hmmmmmm

May God gives d loved ones he left d fortitude to bear d loss. God will comfort all.

RIP boy
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Kobicove(m): 11:05am On Dec 02, 2021
I hope this boy's family gets justice
Re: 12-Year-Old Dowen College Student Beaten To Death By Cultist Schoolmates (Photo) by Trumpoteux: 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2021
May his soul find rest. I pray those involved are brought to book

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Slay Queens Celebrate As They Graduate From Imo State University (Photos) / NDDC 2023 Post Graduate Scholarship / Pictures From Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.