Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,468 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:48 AM

Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? (49042 Views)

Lawyer Orchestrates Client's Arrest For Taking Her Picture With 'abusive' Husban / 50-Year-Old Nigerian Shares Her Regrets About Her Parents Sending Her Abroad / Sometimes I Regret Marrying My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Prince001(m): 6:16pm On Dec 03, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

I agree on that aint nothing special there. I just dont believe your claims that's all. It's nothing personal

U are free to cos afterall everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. I only suggested if u want to know more u can ask someone living in London!
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Evercurious(f): 6:20pm On Dec 03, 2021
BigBashiru:

How can I be stuck with one woman all my life and why should I?? Think about it! When there are asses of different sizes,so many other kissable gals etc with figure 8. Think about it!

Lol.. You dont mean it.. Well that's your choice and every man his... As I said earlier, as long as both of you are on the same page with same idea and ideology, all well and good with both of you.
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by cooooooks(m): 6:28pm On Dec 03, 2021
The reliance on anecdotes is scary.

I know someone whose relationship ended because the guy's mom "didn't like people from her state". When I asked why, they said the moms ex was from that state. Same tribe o.

Kobojunkie:
So, in order not to loose everything, marrying a woman and leaving her in Nigeria all but guarantees it won't happen again, right? undecided

Cooooooks
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by cooooooks(m): 6:28pm On Dec 03, 2021
Then what happens when the woman is the breadwinner, as is sometimes the case?

Kobojunkie:
You say this because the marriage laws in Nigeria allowed for the "Nigerian" kind of marriage which basically leaves a woman at the mercy of the man and "breadwinner" right? undecided

Cooooooks
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On Dec 03, 2021
cooooooks:
Then what happens when the woman is the breadwinner, as is sometimes the case?
How many of such cases do you know of that have ended in divorce or the woman abandoning the marriage, this in Nigeria? And how did it go? I ask because I don't know of many such marriages, myself. undecided
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by larryking540: 8:01pm On Dec 03, 2021
MISSCONGENIALITY:
Where is the black paint. Between men and women, who paints who black. Go through the post and read comments from male. They don't even want to consider the fact that the way they treat women determines if the woman stays or not. And the way they treat women here is not the same way they would treat them abroad because most men here don't even see their wives as humans.
And even here women who are independent might not take what a woman who doesn't have any personal account would take and the men will call that submissiveness. We always forget that submissiveness is a reaction to the love the man shows to her. The love of the husband comes first before submission. Christians here can go back to their Bible. No normal woman who is treated like a wife will leave the husband.
ma ,sorry to say this since I was a kid till now In which I am an adult,your gender will prefer to pick a tout,a gangster,a hot tempered man to a cool headed person or a boring guy ,,,the term boring is what most of your female friends use ,am not trying to Insult you or anyone but that's what we male have come to notice ,,and you can't generalize the whole stuff because one one or one gangster beat up a lady ,then all Nigeria men are the same ,when the ones whom you call boring are ready to listen to you but you don't pick them instead you go for the happening guys
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Munzy14(m): 8:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
Mariangeles:

grin grin
Lekwe ka ha n’egbu gi ilu.
A nukwahu’m nga! grin
Ujor owu o naghi atu ha... grin

Ha bia gi emerem interprete na grin
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
larryking540:

ma ,sorry to say this since I was a kid till now In which I am an adult,your gender will prefer to pick a tout,a gangster,a hot tempered man to a cool headed person or a boring guy ,,,the term boring is what most of your female friends use ,am not trying to Insult you or anyone but that's what we male have come to notice ,,and you can't generalize the whole stuff because one one or one gangster beat up a lady ,then all Nigeria men are the same ,when the ones whom you call boring are ready to listen to you but you don't pick them instead you go for the happening guys
So you are saying since when you were a child up till now you have never seen my gender that prefers a cold headed man? So who those all those ladies settling for cold headed men or are you saying all married men were either gangstas before they married or changed to gangstas after they got a wife so as to keep the marriage?
Also, are you saying now that the reason you are confused about where to get a wife is because your are not a gangstas or you are too weak to be a man and so no woman will be willing to marry you and for that you are confused? Are you a boring man looking for a woman that will accept you? Or you just feel like telling me that ladies are all mad and don't know the difference a gangsta, a real man and a weakling?
Can you please give me the reason why guys too prefer slay "queens" and those who tax them alot to those who believe that taxing aan will burden him so much and he will run away? Can tell.me why men spend more on their side chicks than on their wives? Can you tell.me why men look down on ladies who are struggling to take care of themselves and go for those who who prefer a parasitic life with men being their host?
Did your sisters and all the ladies in your family and the females you have ever known marry gangstas and if not why since women are so silly they all want hot tempered men?
Please answer my questions.

1 Like

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Poleski: 9:53pm On Dec 03, 2021
mrbenjame:
Please I need an honest opinion. I’m not saying there’re no good women. But the rate at which women who marry their abroad hubbys and thereafter go to join them overseas and start misbehaving gets me very worried and sometimes afraid. The question is

1. How often does this happen?
2. Should a guy go on to take his chances?
3. Should he marry someone already abroad?
4. Should he settle entirely with another Nationality totally?

Guys make una input o make we know where we Dey.

A good woman is a good woman. If you know your woman very well and trust her, then go ahead. 

I've lived in the Netherlands for many years. I believe people divorce more often in Nigeria than abroad.
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by cooooooks(m): 11:14pm On Dec 03, 2021
I don't know many divorced couples to start with.

I do know many families where the wife outearns the husband though. Sometimes just a little, sometimes significantly.

Only one of them was/is rocky but more due to their personality than income difference.

Kobojunkie:
How many of such cases do you know of that have ended in divorce or the woman abandoning the marriage, this in Nigeria? And how did it go? I ask because I don't know of many such marriages, myself. undecided
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Kobojunkie: 11:19pm On Dec 03, 2021
cooooooks:
I don't know many divorced couples to start with.
I do know many families where the wife outearns the husband though. Sometimes just a little, sometimes significantly.
Only one of them was/is rocky but more due to their personality than income difference.
Recall the topic here, or at least my claim was that Nigerian marriages" working in Nigeria because the laws in Nigeria allow it. You brought up cases where the female sit instead as breadwinner and I am wondering at this point how that fits in with the topic we are on. undecided
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by efficiencie(m): 12:56am On Dec 04, 2021
mrbenjame:
Please I need an honest opinion. I’m not saying there’re no good women. But the rate at which women who marry their abroad hubbys and thereafter go to join them overseas and start misbehaving gets me very worried and sometimes afraid. The question is

Dude just don't marry your enemy. Don't form passions and romance when your face to face with your enemy. Your worst enemy can be disguised in the exact type of woman you lust after so passionately...but one taste of her could be worse than downing a barrel of hemlock!
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by cooooooks(m): 3:20am On Dec 04, 2021
Perhaps I was unclear.

I do not know any divorced couples in Nigeria.

Kobojunkie:
Recall the topic here, or at least my claim was that Nigerian marriages" working in Nigeria because the laws in Nigeria allow it. You brought up cases where the female sit instead as breadwinner and I am wondering at this point how that fits in with the topic we are on. undecided
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by bezimo(m): 4:28am On Dec 07, 2021
mrbenjame:
Please I need an honest opinion. I’m not saying there’re no good women. [b]But the rate at which women who marry their abroad hubbys and thereafter go to join them overseas and start misbehaving [/b]gets me very worried and sometimes afraid. The question is

I have lived abroad for quite a while and I can tell you that's not always the case with couples that relocate abroad or wife sponsored abroad..most of my folks here are all married and I get to see things. Some women are good and some are bad and you dont want to be unfortunate to bring a pretending bad woman as wife

However you still see cases where a wife is sponsored abroad becomes a total disaster making the guy regret his decision to spend heavy to bring his wife over..but why is this the case.
1. A number of 9ja women pretend heavy in Nigeria once she comes abroad and see that the system favours women, once she joins bad friends and starts listening to them and her mom more than her husband..the marriage is on the way to disaster as she takes advantage of the system even more than than white women

2. The average 9ja girl has the inherent trait to be selfish and self entitled and relocating abroad doesn't change that rubbish attitude,however the way abroad is designed is best optimized when 2 couples are jointly working together with all sincerity of purpose, rather you will see them refuse to contribute like the environment demands yet she will still fail in her duties as a wife..before you know resentment is building..then tension then abuses if not controlled police gets involved before you know marriage don scatter.
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by mrbenjame: 7:57pm On Dec 23, 2021
Mariangeles:

When you marry a wife, do you feel you own her more than she owns you?

You have no right to keep a woman where you want her to stay, while you stay faraway for long.
It is unfair and ungodly.

I quite agree with you on this.
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Exceed15: 3:42pm On Jan 16, 2022
mrbenjame:

Lols. You’re right though. I need the Nigerian kind of marriage. Although I’m not problematic character wise. But my fear is if the woman will give me peace of mind

I beg you in the name of God don't try it
U will live to regret it.
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Exceed15: 3:48pm On Jan 16, 2022
The system over there favours them and don't give a bleep about you. She is aware of that and takes it to frustrate your life .

The beginning may be sweet because she is just adjusting. But bro is a time of matter timt u go hear am.

Don't use your hand to plunge yourself into depression.
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Exceed15: 3:49pm On Jan 16, 2022
The system over there favours them and don't give a bleep about you. She is aware of that and takes it to frustrate your life .

The beginning may be sweet because she is just adjusting. But bro is a time of matter timt u go hear am.
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by mrbenjame: 6:44pm On Jan 16, 2022
Exceed15:

I beg you in the name of God don't try it
U will live to regret it.

I swear. I’m seriously experiencing it right now. Our girls are very wild and spoilt.

1 Like

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:16am On Jan 17, 2022
mrbenjame:

most african women's behavour once abroad is based on two things

1 the behaviour after qetting a good job and stable financially is due to the environment that raised her aka most saw their mother's being abused financially and emotionally by their fathers simply becoz the fathers were the providers aka breadwinners and abused the role . So when the women come abroad take opportunites that are not there in their countries they better themselves became nurses etc. meanwhile some men are stuck in the past saying i was a bank manager in nigeria i cant be security gaurd in UK etc their are stuck in the past while women grab every opportuniy. now tables have changed wife is eg a nurse earning more then hubby and she that recentment how women are treated back home etc now she become like men back home, anything she wants she goes for it becoz she has the financial muscle to do it, hubby cries my woman has changed etc, yes she has becoz 1 she grab opportunity 2 the recentment from the environment she grow up
I haven been in UK for 20 years and i have never personally came across a nigerian male nurse, i i dont know but i guess few take the opportunity to be one but i have seen lots of zimbabwean who are male nurse they took the opportunity, it might not be the best job in the world but it can make give a
stable income etc

2 Men are stuck in the past they want to have upper hand they used to have back home, becoz the environment allowed it aka 1 most abused the breadwinner role 2 culturally and tradition even instituation favoured men eg wife goes to report to police that she has been beaten officer advise you to call the elders to talk, etc a men can just kicked the wife out the house you built together and he can get away with it, whereas the western world does not tolerate that, hence a small thing wife abuses the western world laws becoz she was raised i environment that abuse women from in-laws tradition, culture and the institutions etc, now men gets shocked as if they were nice people back home. Now men feel like they lost control and come up with excuses of the western world etc whereas we build that anger in those women

Am not saying women who does all that are right am just saying their are product of how they saw their mothers being treated. If we changed how we treat these women back home etc, They wont change much unless the woman is just a nutter

As men lets look into how we have damaged those women using whatever mean that favours men
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by yunqdady: 11:58am On Mar 28, 2022
sisisioge:
Too much talk about this....why are you particularly scared of marrying a woman in a liberated world or taking a woman from here to a liberated world? People who are reasonable on both sides shouldnt be scared of anything...just be good people and find yourselves good people....EOD.

Good people usually end up with bad people.
Good girls end up with bad boys
Good men end up with bad women.
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by yunqdady: 12:07pm On Mar 28, 2022
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by yunqdady: 12:21pm On Mar 28, 2022
pocohantas:

What is wrong in cooking for your family? Forgive me, I find arguments like this mundane and irrelevant. Sadly it is what has become the order of the day when marriage is discussed. It shows there is something wrong with us as a people. Both male and female.

You were cooking in Nigeria, suddenly cooking is below you because you are abroad? There are bound to be issues.

Ordinarily, both parties should be helping each other. Domestically and financially, but when one person thinks chores are below him or assisting financially would make her a mumu, wahala done dey. Nigerians play too many mind games and relationships with them wears someone like me out.

You might not cook 7 days a week, but I believe a good husband, be it in Nigeria or Cambodia, should know when his wife has done her best and deserves some rest. On such days she should get her rest.

If her husband is not dicking her and he is making no effort to improve, she can leave the marriage with her dignity and value intact.

No adult abroad has time to even sit and eat three times a day. There are more pressing issues and Nigerian men and women should begin to upgrade their OS. We are too backward in our issues.
Thought you were a bitter Feminist
Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by BRATISLAVA: 1:47am On Mar 29, 2022
yunqdady:

You are just a bitter divorcee. Nothing more.
Cost you nothing to have avoided it but you being woke has landed you on a mess, you are now bitter. It's well with you

It is you.

Is this how you seek attention still?

3 Likes

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Cutehector(m): 3:57am On Mar 29, 2022
wunmi590:
tongue

Some of our men with this their shallow mentality, I guess Nigerian men should stop thinking all Nigerian women are gold diggers...

If I have the chance which I'm currently working on, I will take my wife along, infact, I can't travel out for long without letting my wife be beside me...

No be every nigerian woman bad
opportunity will reveal people

1 Like

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by Cutehector(m): 4:05am On Mar 29, 2022
I'm starting to realize the wickedness of a woman. She is like a time bomb, when it is time, she will show herself.

1 Like

Re: Marrying And Taking Her Abroad; A Regret? by mrbenjame: 6:45am On Apr 02, 2022
All these comments are beginning to confuse me I swear!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? / Wife Burns Husband's Car Over Divorce, Women React (Photos, Video) / Why Do People Do This After The Death Of Their Parents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.