Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,683 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) (61253 Views)

Haunting Photos Of Canary Islands Covered In Toxic Ash After Volcanic Eruption / Man Trapped Under A Container In Lagos, Rescued Alive (Video) / Man Trapped In A Sealed Manhole In Lagos, Cries Out For Help (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by xamuell: 11:36am On Dec 04, 2021
ednut1:
Somethings like this must have happened in sodom and gomorah but people mistook it for Gods wrath
more like a meteor shower.
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 04, 2021
CSTRR:

Why do you look for the living among the dead?

He is Risen.
Yea! right! grin who witnessed Jesus rise? Keep telling yourself that lies. What about the sekeletons of Jesus's so called 12 desciples? Did they rise also.
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 04, 2021
obonujoker:

Clown. Jesus ressurected and ascended into the sky... He wasn't buried forever, how then can you see his bones?
Gullible fool! Who witnessed Jesus rise? Where are the skeletons of those who apparently lived with Jesus? Where are the skeletons of his father or John the so called baptist? grin he ascend to the sky? grin grin which sky? grin grin my 6 years son doesn't even believe that shit.
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 04, 2021
Piptocoin:

Chritians don't go to the site of His grave to worship Him; rather, some do that to satisfy their curiosity as regards the appearance of the grave...others may have other reasons but none of all this means they are looking for evidence of someone buried there.

There were many witnesses of Christ after His resurrection. As long as one is born to this earth they have a personal meeting with Christ...whether in life or in death...so that no one in the past, present or future will have an excuse to deny His existence...
you didn't answer any of my questions but i can understand why. grin you don't know the answers.
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by Qualer: 12:57pm On Dec 04, 2021
Explorers:
The skeleton was found in October, but unveiled on Wednesday in a press conference, in the same area where the remains of more than 300 victims had sought cover with hopes of being rescued by the ship fleet of Pliny Elder were found in the 1980s.

Sirano and his team used special metal blades to slowly and carefully chip away at the lava rock that has kept the man trapped for 1,942 years.

The man is believed to be the final victim of the eruption to be discovered as digging at the site comes to a close.

An archeologist has compared the impact of the eruption on Herculaneum to the devastation caused by the atomic bomb in Hiroshima, Japan, during the Second World War.

Pliny the Elder**
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by Eife(m): 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2021
Bifwoli:
That'll be the fate of you,me and everyone else in a few billion yrs when our sun expands and our galaxy collapses in a super gigantic fireball never seen before.

Don't look back ,think ahead please coz that's what visionaries do.

Thanks Mr vision
but can you ,face your front please
Don’t just assume stuffs over one comment
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by calculator123(m): 4:03pm On Dec 04, 2021
zedman1:
Pompeii.
Thanks �

1 Like

Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by unanonso(m): 4:54pm On Dec 04, 2021
JooEeL:

Let them know.

The chickens, goats, cows, hens we've all been eating, when killed, no one thinks of them going to heaven or hell. But when it comes to humans, we love to deceive ourselves to feel special that we deserve a place called heaven, or for those who we perceive evil on earth, its hell they deserve.

These are just mere fantasies to satisfy our minds and curiosity here on earth. Some have bn waiting for rapture for 2000 years.

And it's going to happen!
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by unanonso(m): 4:57pm On Dec 04, 2021
gypsey:
They can find seletons from 79 AD but they cannot find the sekeleton of the so called Jesus christ, the whole story about Jesus christ is total lies, Jesus never eixsted.

Alleluia HE arose!
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by unanonso(m): 5:02pm On Dec 04, 2021
gypsey:
If this happened last week the peddler of lies and fear called Righteousness will claim it is the signs of end times. grin where the fork is that liar! Let him come tell us more lies.. ewu gambia!

Why did time not end when this volcano erupted in 79 AD?

2 Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by JooEeL(m): 5:06pm On Dec 04, 2021
unanonso:

And it's going to happen!

Just make sure you hustle well enough for your children, okay cos Im sure you will grow old.
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by oluadedamola: 5:15pm On Dec 04, 2021
There’s a movie of how this happened Pompeii
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by unanonso(m): 5:19pm On Dec 04, 2021
JooEeL:

Just make sure you hustle well enough for your children, okay cos Im sure you will grow old.

May the good Lord open your eyes to the scriptures in Jesus name. Amen!
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by JooEeL(m): 5:23pm On Dec 04, 2021
unanonso:

May the good Lord open your eyes to the scriptures in Jesus name. Amen!

You seem to be a good person. Thank you very much. I appreciate your gentle approach. I pray all your ways prosper.
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by unanonso(m): 8:07pm On Dec 04, 2021
JooEeL:

You seem to be a good person. Thank you very much. I appreciate your gentle approach. I pray all your ways prosper.

Amen!
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 10:17pm On Dec 04, 2021
When they shout " When is your Jesus coming? "....... Refer the unbelievers to 2 peter 3:3-10.
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by Bifwoli: 12:44am On Dec 05, 2021
Eife:

Thanks Mr vision
but can you ,face your front please
Don’t just assume stuffs over one comment
But don' t you think its better to be alive today with better conveniencies ,tools and early warning systems than when these poor people died horribly 1800yrs ago?
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by Bifwoli: 12:49am On Dec 05, 2021
JooEeL:

Let them know.

The chickens, goats, cows, hens we've all been eating, when killed, no one thinks of them going to heaven or hell. But when it comes to humans, we love to deceive ourselves to feel special that we deserve a place called heaven, or for those who we perceive evil on earth, its hell they deserve.

These are just mere fantasies to satisfy our minds and curiosity here on earth. Some have bn waiting for rapture for 2000 years.
Some prophesies in The Bible have come to pass though.There's signs looking at us in everyday life warning us what's coming ahead but its always hindsight that tells us we should've not ignored some stuff.I'm sure you've gone thru that in everyday life.

1 Like

Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by JooEeL(m): 7:30am On Dec 05, 2021
Bifwoli:
Some prophesies in The Bible have come to pass though.There's signs looking at us in everyday life warning us what's coming ahead but its always hindsight that tells us we should've not ignored some stuff.I'm sure you've gone thru that in everyday life.

You're right in a way. But think about it. What if those that wrote the bible are a closely-knot Roman top hierarchical cabal that have pre-planned everything? Prophecies like that of Daniel that shows the reigns of successive governments etc.

If you talk about prophecies, why dont u talk about Revelations? Wouldnt u conveniently say it is allegorical?

Other watery prophesies like pestilences, famines, wars and rumours of it, diseases, persecution... It's always been as old as man. Besides, you'll find similar prophecies in other religious texts. I mean, besides its something that can be interpolated and predicted by man. Just the way Nigeria is going, can't you predict how it will end in like the next 20, 50 years??

Would love to hear from u bro.
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by Eife(m): 8:36am On Dec 05, 2021
Bifwoli:
But don' t you think its better to be alive today with better conveniencies ,tools and early warning systems than when these poor people died horribly 1800yrs ago?

I got your point
But they also had plans for the future
That’s why we are here now
As you make plans for the future,it’s also good to know what the past was like ( where you’re coming from so you can make better decisions for the future

1 Like

Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by emmyileri(m): 10:17am On Dec 05, 2021
ednut1:
Somethings like this must have happened in sodom and gomorah but people mistook it for Gods wrath
There was no volcano in Sodom and Gomorrah, keep deceiving yourself on your delusions.
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by emmyileri(m): 10:20am On Dec 05, 2021
Tokskob2008:
Damn..... E don tey wey bad things don dey happen to mankind yet the world never end.

It's safe to say the world isn't ending anytime soon so we can all see that the fake nairaland pastor who is always yapping/preaching about end time is just delusional.

The world comes to an end for a man when he takes his last breath, doesn't means it ends for others.
Noah, for 120 years preached that flood was coming but were making the very statement you are saying now. Iuke 17:27 People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all.

1 Like

Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by sharpwriter(m): 12:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
gypsey:
you didn't answer any of my questions but i can understand why. grin you don't know the answers.
Boss, wherever have you been? Long time o
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by sharpwriter(m): 1:24pm On Dec 05, 2021
emmyileri:

Noah, for 120 years preached that flood was coming but were making the very statement you are saying now. Iuke 17:27 People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all.
Who told you he preached for 120 years? Please bring out the scripture.
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2021
unanonso:

2 Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
more fairytales and lies
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 05, 2021
unanonso:

Alleluia HE arose!
He rose in your imaginations. I am guessing he rose to your backyard grin
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 05, 2021
sharpwriter:

Boss, wherever have you been? Long time o
Yea man! Been busy and tings.

1 Like

Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by sharpwriter(m): 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2021
gypsey:
Yea man! Been busy and tings.
Great, good to hear from you again. Are you coming to your village this December as is the usual custom of people from your side? wink
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 05, 2021
sharpwriter:

Great, good to hear from you again. Are you coming to your village this December as is the usual custom of people from your side? wink
Not sure yet, maybe... i hear security is not adequate in the south east and nigeria.
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by sharpwriter(m): 3:46pm On Dec 05, 2021
gypsey:
Not sure yet, maybe... i hear security is not adequate in the south east and nigeria.
Yes o, please stay where you are till Buhari exits in 2023. If it were to be South West, I would have said it's better. However, only those who live in the south east can say much about the situation.

Meanwhile, show your boy some love this December nah, abeg smiley
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
sharpwriter:

Yes o, please stay where you are till Buhari exits in 2023. If it were to be South West, I would have said it's better. However, only those who live in the south east can say much about the situation.

Meanwhile, show your boy some love this December nah, abeg smiley
i will take your candid advice and stay put.

grin grin okay.. i hear...
Re: Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics) by sharpwriter(m): 3:56pm On Dec 05, 2021
gypsey:
i will take your candid advice and stay put.

grin grin okay.. i hear...
Okay

Sure sir, Buhari economy dey wire everybody with horse whip cry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Truck crushes ORide motorcycle operator to death / Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG / Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.