Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG (61128 Views)

Lion Attacks A Lady Tourist In Zimbabwe Who Posed For Pictures(pics) / Nigerians In Cameroon Deported In Cattle Trucks (Photo) / Lion Attacks & Kills An Antelope While Tourists Watch From Their Cars (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by chibecanglobal(m): 10:49am On Apr 09, 2015
Port Harcourt – The President of the
Nigerian Union in South Africa, Mr
Ikechukwu Anyene, on Wednesday
urged the Federal Government to
help halt the xenophobic attacks on
Nigerians in that country.

Anyene on phone from Pretoria,
South Africa, said that the latest
spate of xenophobic attacks began
three weeks ago.

There are more than 800,000
Nigerians living in South Africa.

Anyene said Nigerians resident in
some South African cities had gone
into hiding to avoid being attacked
by South Africans.

‘’The Nigerian government should
urgently intervene and save our
people from the attacks.

‘’They should prevail on the South
African government to stop such
attacks against Nigerians.

“It appears nothing is being is
done to stop the attacks and
Nigerians are worried about the
situation,’’ he said.

Anyene said during the attacks in
Johannesburg last week, shops
owned by Nigerians were looted and
their owners seriously injured by the
attackers.

He said the Nigerian Union in South
Africa had been in touch with local
chapters in some provinces and had
urged them to take precautionary
measures to save themselves.

Anyene said that since Nigeria and
South Africa established diplomatic
relations, there had not been a
single incident of xenophobic attack
against South Africans living in
Nigeria.

‘’The Nigerian government protects
the lives and property of South
Africans living in Nigeria .

“ We do not understand why from
time to time, South Africans attack
Nigerians in their country.

‘’The Federal Government should
take the issue of xenophobic attacks
in South Africa very seriously
because Nigerians do not carry out
xenophobic attacks against fellow
Africans,’’ he said.

Nigerians living in Durban, he said,
had planned a protest march against
the xenophobic attacks.

He, however, said they were denied
permit by the South African police.
(NAN)
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/save-us-from-xenophobic-attacks-nigerians-in-s-africa-urge-fg/

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by ULSHERLAN(m): 10:58am On Apr 09, 2015
Come back home. No place like home

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by chibecanglobal(m): 11:41am On Apr 09, 2015
agarawu23:
drug Lord FG can't save you guys over there . except from students and business ppl over there, most Nigerians in SA are criminals , I have been there and I know wats happening.

no good jobs there for hustlers so better come back home because Nigeria will be different with BUHARI but that doesn't mean you will start plucking money on the tree o
You dont talk or think like that my friend.
A lot of xenophobia being expressed by many south africans against foreign residents in south africa. The attacks are not just targeted at only nigerians. a lot of other nationals have also been victims.Why it appears as if it is targeted only@nigerians to me is the fact that quite a sizeable propprtion of immigrants owning shops or nusinesses in south africa are nigerians.
Just a couple of weeks ago the son of the king of Zululand was quoted as saying that foreigners should as a matter of urgency vacate south africa as according to him they are constituting social,economic and developmental problems for south africans...

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by Sirnokiopee(m): 11:57am On Apr 09, 2015
KEEP CALM... CHANGE IS HERE. Nigerian will be respected all around the world once again.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by Chiaka(f): 1:39pm On Apr 09, 2015
My cousin and her husband Tunde are based in south African o!. I need to call them o!! I pray they are safe.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by EVarn(m): 1:58pm On Apr 09, 2015
South africans are an extremely brutal breed of the human race,they do not tolerate foreigners prospering in their land; mostly because many black south africans are still jobless illiterates with crime as their only avenue of feeding.
Due to south africa's unfortunate animalistic instincts,many foreign investors have been discouraged to establish companies,while those who had already set up businesses have packed up and ran away in fear of being lynched by south africa's animalistic mobs.
Though their are a number of Nigerian criminal elements in South Africa,it definitely isnt worth carrying out violent reprisals against every foreigner on sight,this goes to show how socially underdeveloped south africa is,afterall,SA has a police force,doesnt it?.

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by omoharry(f): 3:02pm On Apr 09, 2015
Please my brothers and sisters in SA come back home oooo!! it is better to stay and managed with what you have in your country than die like a chicken in SA.....SOUTH AFRICANS are enemies of Nigeria... they lack love in their heart toward their fellow African brothers. kindly look around you , you will find out that Nigerians are not the only victims there..other citizens from Zimbabwe, Somalia etc are equally affected..they are blood suckers and they have large sympathizers that support this killing and butchering since they too cannot stand foreigners in their land. Branding and killing every foreigners or Nigerians as thief, criminals is not the way to go.. ...If we behave like South Africans, that means the every Chadians, Nigerien's will be tagged and killed as Boko Haram or enemy of the country. What about the some Indians, Lebanese or Chinese that are into some illegal business in Nigeria..they all would have been become endanger species in Nigeria..... SOUTH AFRICANS hide under the guise of Nigerians are drug peddlers, Nigerians are criminal .. Nigerian are this ... Nigerian that to perpetuate their deep rooted hatred they have for this Country and other African countries...monsters. you want to become Giant of AFRICA? HOW CAN YOU BECOME ONE WHEN YOU CANNOT EVEN STAND TO PROTECT YOUR OWN FELLOW BLACK MAN FROM THE RAIN. COME AND CLAIM THE TITLE NA.. NONSENCE

41 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 09, 2015
its not about drugs ... SAcans hate foreigners in general, some Nigerians just gave them a reason to despise them more. they loot somali shops, shoot at ethiopians amongst others.. their cops also maltreat foriegners.. I think it's high time FG do something about the whole issue.. i believe there's a solution to it.

they're currently fighting for the removal of their colonial masters 'statues' embedded in cities around the country, so they are quite a sensitive lot.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by morpheus24: 4:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
^^^^^^^

Angry lot of individuals who don't know how to channel their negative energy properly, because of their dehumanization by apartheid they are projecting their anger or images of themselves aka "BLACK" Foreigners!!

Please my Nigerian people in SA, stay away from SA people and power up with other Africans and protect yourselfs. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

[flash=300,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF2CYRrHOtc[/flash]

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by morpheus24: 4:55pm On Apr 09, 2015
BluIvy:

Rubbish!
Well looks like you are having bigger issues in Lags. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Here are you issues you need to deal with Motswana from Botswana

PRE 1994....WE are suffering because of APATHEID, . APATHEID MUST GO!

POST 1994....We are suffering because the WHites have all the economic power and wealth. WHITE PRIVILEGE MUST GO!

POST BEE....We are suffering because the tenderpreneurs and government are corrupt. ZUMA MUST GO!

POST 2008 Foreigners migrating into the country.... We suffering because we cant figure out how these foreigners are making money and we aren't. THE FOREIGNERS MUST GO!

POST 2014...We are still suffering..BEcause.......

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 09, 2015
[s]
morpheus24:

Here are you issues you need to deal with Motswana from Botswana

PRE 1994....WE are suffering because of APATHEID, . APATHEID MUST GO!

POST 1994....We are suffering because the WHites have all the economic power and wealth. WHITE PRIVILEGE MUST GO!

POST BEE....We are suffering because the tenderpreneurs and government are corrupt. ZUMA MUST GO!

POST 2008 Foreigners migrating into the country.... We suffering because we cant figure out how these foreigners are making money and we aren't. THE FOREIGNERS MUST GO!

POST 2014...We are still suffering..BEcause.......
[/s]
cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Inside Kano Porto Golf Resort / Accident In Delta Kills All Passengers, Including NYSC Member Dead (Pics) / Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.