Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

How To Start My Own Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Start My Own Church (2812 Views)

How Do You Know A Pastor is Called To Start His Own Church? / Ituah Ighodalo Starts Own Church / Ted Haggard Returns To Start Up His Own Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start My Own Church by PawPaw3(m): 11:33am On Jul 27, 2007
I am looking for advice on how to start my church. I have about 15 people at the moment but I want to expand. Can you people please advice me how to get more congregation. What will bring people to my church? Is it miracles or good location or what. At the moment I don't take offerings from my congregation, I am funding everything by myself at the moment. When is the right time to ask for 10% tithe? Please I want trade secrets from established pastors only. I hope I haven't come across like someone who is interested in money. Please fellow pastors tell me how you answered your calling.
Re: How To Start My Own Church by nana(f): 11:37am On Jul 27, 2007
Paw-Paw:

I am looking for advice on how to start my church. I have about 15 people at the moment but I want to expand. Can you people please advice me how to get more congregation. What will bring people to my church? Is it miracles or good location or what. At the moment I don't take offerings from my congregation, I am funding everything by myself at the moment. When is the right time to ask for 10% tithe? Please I want trade secrets from established pastors only. I hope I haven't come across like someone who is interested in money. Please fellow pastors tell me how you answered your calling.
Father forgive them,for they know not what they are doing! Hmm. . .and in the last days,many shall profess to be ministers of the most High.
Were u called by God to minister unto his people or u went to school of ministration?

1 Like

Re: How To Start My Own Church by PawPaw3(m): 11:59am On Jul 27, 2007
Can't you read, are you a pastor? I only want advice from people who are in the same position as me.
Re: How To Start My Own Church by nana(f): 12:06pm On Jul 27, 2007
Paw-Paw:

Can't you read, are you a pastor? I only want advice from people who are in the same position as me.
Oh!My bad!The person that read the topic to me didnt tell me that u wanted only pastors. Nonsense.
Anyways,ur fellow pastors will soon join u.
Re: How To Start My Own Church by Kuns: 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2007
Opening a church is one of the fastest ways to get rich quick.

This I was told at a business seminar, if you want quick money open a church.
Re: How To Start My Own Church by PawPaw3(m): 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2007
Kuns:

If this is your belief, then you're going to hell. Please come to our church to repent and be saved.
Re: How To Start My Own Church by nana(f): 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2007
Kuns:

But he didnt say he wanted to get rich quickly.
Re: How To Start My Own Church by PawPaw3(m): 12:38pm On Jul 27, 2007
I will bless you today nana.
Re: How To Start My Own Church by nana(f): 12:41pm On Jul 27, 2007
Thank U,Pastor Paw-Paw
Re: How To Start My Own Church by PawPaw3(m): 12:52pm On Jul 27, 2007
I am not pastor paw-paw. Have you seen a pastor called pawpaw? I just found this site today and I coudn't think of a name so I chose paw-paw. Your real name is not nana so my real name is not pawpaw. When you come to Lagos you must visit my church, hopefully it will be bigger then and I would have a permanent location. If you visit Nigeria in the next 3months I will make sure you go to Heaven. Though I can't garrantee it but with lots of prayer you will be surprised.
Re: How To Start My Own Church by nana(f): 12:55pm On Jul 27, 2007
Chineke me. I no fit laugh. It's all good.All u need to do is to tell me where ur church is situated and i will give u a surprise.
Re: How To Start My Own Church by PawPaw3(m): 1:12pm On Jul 27, 2007
Can't you read, I said I don't have a place now. My church at the moment is only family members and some few people. When I can afford a place I would give you the address. If you don't want to go to Heaven tell me so I won't waste my time praying for you. Its your choice where you want to go. You seem to be taken everything as a joke, but I bet you won't be joking when you see the messiah. This is your last chance to be saved, as I always say, the molue is leaving very soon, if you enter it you will be redeemed if not is hell fire. My sister please don't joke with this at all, it could be tomorrow you don't know. Tell me your email address and I will send you a book of how to really pray well.
Re: How To Start My Own Church by nana(f): 1:33pm On Jul 27, 2007
lol, i cant help but laugh.
no comments but am also saved.
Re: How To Start My Own Church by Aproko(f): 2:24pm On Jul 27, 2007
Paw-Paw:

If you visit Nigeria in the next 3months I will make sure you go to Heaven. Though I can't garrantee it but with lots of prayer you will be surprised.

LMAO grin grin cheesy grin grin now how do you make sure of something you can't guarantee? this is so funny
Re: How To Start My Own Church by Dios(f): 2:45pm On Jul 27, 2007
Paw Paw, the molue is leaving soon and I bet its destination is the pearly gates, considering how packed, hot, and unsafe those buses are I say they are hell istelf. I think I need to start a church too cool
Re: How To Start My Own Church by PawPaw3(m): 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2007
Dios:

Paw Paw, the molue is leaving soon and I bet its destination is the pearly gates, considering how packed, hot, and unsafe those buses are I say they are hell istelf. I think I need to start a church too cool
Why can't you be serious once in your life, for you everything is a joke. How can you start a church when you have not receive a call?
Re: How To Start My Own Church by PawPaw3(m): 4:46pm On Jul 27, 2007
Any pastor here please please leave email so we can talk without the prying eyes. This is very urgent, I have a proposal. Hope to here soon.
Re: How To Start My Own Church by Kuns: 4:52pm On Jul 27, 2007
Mr paw paw sounds like one of these 419 guys.

You must be joking, what come to your church? What kind of church is that?

So where did hell come from? Have you been there, Mr Believer?
Re: How To Start My Own Church by PawPaw3(m): 5:22pm On Jul 27, 2007
Mr Kuns Better watch your mouth small pikin before you wake up in babylon. Oloshi did I ask for your advice, en tell me now, If you have nothing better to do then look for a job instead of wasting my time. How can you accuse me like that, do you know me. Tell me where I see you before.
Please let us know if you are woking for lucifa abeg.
Re: How To Start My Own Church by bluesky4(f): 5:28pm On Jul 27, 2007
no offence Paw-Paw, but ur attitude does not seem that of a pastor. U have to humble urself and be meek, yet ur getting angry coz people think ur a 419.
Why do u want to be a Pastor, do u want to make a difference and change people lives, or do u want money.

I may be no pastor, but my only advice is for u to pray. Ur a man of God now, and God shall guide u in everything u want to do. Pray, pray pray.
Re: How To Start My Own Church by Aproko(f): 5:48pm On Jul 27, 2007
Paw-Paw:

Oloshi did I ask for your advice,

pastor paw-paw!! which one you dey curse person? man of God no dey curse oh, na bless e dey bless!
Re: How To Start My Own Church by freelance(m): 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2007
Very funny thread cheesy

You guys should keep up d gud wuk! wink
Re: How To Start My Own Church by benit(f): 11:23am On Aug 06, 2007
These are the type of irritants that come up here to post all what not and then the so-called believers start contributing and castigating themselves rather than developing themselves through the word. Religion!
Re: How To Start My Own Church by layi(m): 12:20pm On Aug 06, 2007
paw-paw , i pity ur congregation, u r leading them to hell,
Re: How To Start My Own Church by nana(f): 12:20pm On Aug 06, 2007
layi:

paw-paw , i pity your congregation, you're leading them to hell,

lol
Re: How To Start My Own Church by PawPaw3(m): 12:24am On Aug 07, 2007
layi:

paw-paw , i pity your congregation, you're leading them to hell,

Shey you be pastor, abeg carry go ja re. mumu boy
Re: How To Start My Own Church by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 07, 2007
As far as I'm concerned, churches are frauds. But then, I don't believe god exists, unless it can be proved otherwise?

Paw-paw, are you for real, or are you onto a scam?
Re: How To Start My Own Church by Esss(m): 11:10pm On Aug 08, 2007
Guidelines to running a successful church/religious business.

1. Location; The really big customers will like a very convenient location with ample parking space (for their expensive cars)
2. Comfortability; The customers (especially the rich ones), wont like to be sitted in an uncomfortable arena. So comfortable chairs need to be provided. A good arena (preferably in a high brow area or the hall of an expensive hotel will also attract big customers.
3. Sermon; This is very important. The well educated customers will need this in order to convince them to stay. So you need to read alot of biblical literatures, listen to the preachings of oyinbo (white pastors like Joel Osteen, Benny Hinn, T.D Jakes e.t.c), speak with a foreign accent, and make sure most of your sermons has to do with wealth acquisition.
4. Dress code; This is also very important. You as the pastor will have to set the standard. Emporio Armani, Roberto Cavalli, Ralph Lauren, Versace, Polo, GAP e.t.c should be amongst the dresses in your wardrobe. The pastor has to always look good (this gives hope to the congregation).
5, Title; You will need a good title. This will determine your level amongst other pastors in the business. Since this is a new church, you need to start with something small like Pastor or Reverend. Then you will promote yourself to the rank of Reverend dr., then Bishop, Arch bishop, General Overseer, Commander in chief, Field Marshall, Pope, then even GOD (if you like)
6. Entourage; You need to move with a crew of at least 10 people. 6 bodyguards, 1 personal assistant, 1 double (for security reasons), 2 outriders. This is to create awareness.
7. Public Relations; This involves Crusades, Retreats, Conventions, e.t.c. You holds such big gatherings with catchy titles like "Miracle bonanza 07", Miracle Explosion", Financial breakthrough Extravaganza, "Divine Encounter", Total Experience e.t.c. The idea behind these programs are to draw in/lure more customers to the church by promising them financial, spiritual and medical solutions to all their problems.
8. Advertising; Use all three medias radio, television and newspapers. Billboards, posters, flyer's e.t.c should also be used.
9. Merchandising; This is a very good source income generation. Cassettes, VCD;s, DVD's, Bumper stickers, T-shirts, Books, holy-water, olive oil/anointing oil, Blessed handkerchiefs, e.t.c
10. Franchising; You could open schools, universities, shopping malls, business centers, e.t.c even run for presidency.

I hope this will at least give you an idea of how to start your new business.

NOTE; For further information on how to run a successful church business, you can post your questions on this thread or visit our website at www.pastorgoody.org, or www.pastoresss.com. My Books on church busness are also available at leading supermarkets and bookstores near you

1 Like

Re: How To Start My Own Church by PawPaw3(m): 12:00am On Aug 09, 2007
I like some of the things you wrote, some are good some are bad. The website is not accessible , I try the 2 links. Anyway I think you are a good person.
Re: How To Start My Own Church by Esss(m): 12:02am On Aug 09, 2007
which ones do u think r bad?
Re: How To Start My Own Church by PawPaw3(m): 9:35am On Aug 11, 2007

I hope this will at least give you an idea of how to start your new business
The above is particularly uncalled for.

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With Jehova's Witnesses Yesterday... Very Funny. / A Peace Agreement Will Be Signed Between The Israelis And The Palestinians / The Question I Asked In Church Today (on destiny)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.