Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter (54553 Views)

Ini Edo Welcomes First Child, Reveals Why She Opted For Surrogacy / Dija Welcomes 2nd Child, A Daughter (Photo) / Michael Okon Impregnated Married Woman & Got A Daughter - Stella Dimoko Korkus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by xorlaligh: 11:39am On Dec 03, 2021
Ini Edo confirms surrogacy rumours, opens up about past miscarriages

Nollywood actress, Ini Edo, has confirmed rumours of her welcoming a daughter through a surrogate mother.

After days of keeping silent since the rumours began, the actress finally opened up in an interview with Stella Korkus, which was published on Friday.

Surrogacy is a practice where a woman (a surrogate) carries a child for another person through artificial insemination of eggs.

Confirming the news, Edo stated that the daughter was genetically hers because her eggs were used to fertilize the child.

She said, “Yes I do have a daughter and I had her through surrogacy. The eggs are mine and so genetically, she’s my blood.

“I chose this path to fulfil my dream of becoming a mother. I still have a good number of eggs frozen in case I decide to do surrogacy again or carry my baby myself.”

She also mentioned that she had the daughter almost a year ago, stating that she planned on breaking the news herself.

“I was hoping to talk about her on her first birthday in a few months but mischief makers beat me to it and spoilt the beautiful story with lies,” Edo said.

Reacting to rumours that her child’s father was a married man, identified as Kome, the actress said, “It is so sad that in Nigeria, when a ‘single’ woman is friends with a guy, it must mean to people that they are dating.

“Kome has been my friend for years and that’s what it is, period. He is a responsible family man and doesn’t deserve to be dragged into my motherhood story.”

She then revealed that she opted for a donor because of her fears saying, “I opted for a donor for me and my baby’s peace of mind.

“Another major reason I opted for a donor is because it scares me so much when I see banter and controversies between a mother and a father over a baby in public forums.”

During the interview, Edo also opened up about her past miscarriages, pointing out that her experience did not influence her decision on surrogacy.

“I had a series of miscarriages in the past but that wasn’t my reason for going this route .I still hope to carry babies In my womb in the future, God willing,” the actress said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/ini-edo-confirms-surrogacy-rumours-opens-up-about-past-miscarriages/%3famp

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by NwaNimo1(m): 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2021

114 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by pocohantas(f): 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2021
Congratulations to her!

I commend her for this move.

Dearest Naija women, this is 2021. If you want a child, no husband forthcoming, fck societal rules and get that child.

Even if it takes stealing sperm, steal it!

After all, they always use lux soap to waste it inside bathroom. Is it that 1 drop they gave you that will kill them?

Don’t stay and be asking “did you come inside?” at 38. Or drinking postinor 2 upandan.

Children would love you in good and bad. Dirty mummy, fat mummy, stretch marks mummy, mummy is mummy.

Don’t allow hypocritical Nigerians dictate how you live your life. Especially when you are not harming anyone.

Arsenate:

Just Pocohantas being true to form.

Consistently dishing out advice that seemingly sound intelligent but with a little bit of thinking you'll recognise how dumb they always are.
Sadly, sizeable number of Nigerians don't do "a little bit of thinking" so she gets validated around here and keeps going on and on.

Why are you guys pained?

Shebi men don’t benefit from marriage? Oya give us small sperm na. Ntoorr! tongue

266 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by candidbabe(f): 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2021
Hahahaha
Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by davibid: 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2021
So what stopped her from carrying her own child, is she infertile?

Coz I don’t understand why surrogacy

7 Likes

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by slawormiir: 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Congratulations though

pocohantas:
Congratulations to her!
I commend her for this move.
Dearest Naija women, this is 2021. If you want a child, no husband forthcoming, fck societal rules and get that child.

Even if it takes stealing sperm, steal it!
After all, they always use lux soap to waste it inside bathroom. Is it that 1 drop they gave you that will kill them?
Don’t stay and be asking “did you come inside?” at 38. Or drinking postinor 2 upandan.
Children would love you in good and bad. Dirty mummy, fat mummy, stretch marks mummy, mummy is mummy.
Don’t allow hypocritical Nigerians dictate how you live your life. Especially when you are not harming anyone.

Just say we men are very important...and stop all these many many talk
We are absolutely necessary and indispensable...

We are the boss...

Listening to the song right now tittled "you the Boss" by Rick Ross ft nicky minaj....even nicky minaj attest to the fact that we are the boss

182 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by FactBoyz: 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2021
shocked

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by condralbedez: 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2021
Congratulations to her

3 Likes

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by Crusadee: 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2021
Petition received by efcc for husband snatching.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by orhomume(m): 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2021
Wonderful

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by WiszyFraud: 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
Did you know??

Ladies, if your blood group has a minus sign (A-, B-, O- etc), be careful.

Being pregnant for a partner with a plus sign on his blood group (A+, B+, O+, etc) could cause problems for your future pregnancies.

lipsrsealed

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by GIANTPLUSHUB: 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
Not a bad idea. To each his own.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by Peace081: 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
Congratulations to her

1 Like

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
That's good. If she can't find a husband or vice versa then this is a good one. Time is indeed ticking. But then she has frozen eggs. Time can't stop her now. Very smart!!!

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by Lee99: 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
All born na born, congrats

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by Fyie: 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by autolearner: 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
All the shalaye o neccesstri, but congratulations, Ini.

May she grow to be a strong and accomplished woman.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by Awkabigboy: 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
grin grin u wan behave like an oyibo, are u one? grin cheesy

Well I understand her reasons here, fear of menopause

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by biggz82: 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
I like your style . Marriage no be for everybody

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by JackDaAlienz(m): 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
Edo
Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by tophumble(m): 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
Eayah
Eku orire Ma

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by Dproperties: 2:13pm On Dec 03, 2021
I forgot this one sef

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by mkpurummiri: 2:13pm On Dec 03, 2021
So she no even get womb again?

That is one of the dangers of whoring around and subsequently destroying your womb with countless and countless of abortions.

39 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by SQLmastar(m): 2:13pm On Dec 03, 2021
Ogbeni go and find a father for that baby. All these your explanations would do no good to anyone.
BTW, who services your engine these days? The imaginary donor or your househelp, Davies?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by Oovi5(f): 2:13pm On Dec 03, 2021
Congrats!
Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by Elxandre(m): 2:13pm On Dec 03, 2021
This donor thing though. Hope the child doesn't choke you with "where's my dad" soon.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by greenie77: 2:13pm On Dec 03, 2021
Nice one. It is high time we normalize surrogacy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Surrogacy: Ini Edo Welcomes First Child - A Daughter by Freestainworld(m): 2:14pm On Dec 03, 2021
Congrats, auntie is afraid of childbirth wahala

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Olamide Shows Off His New Hairstyle; Also Flaunts His Son In New Photos / Mr Latin Shows His Daughter And Wife / Banky W & Adesua Etomi Kiss At Their Traditional Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.