Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,454 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) (4952 Views)

What Downtown Looks Like In São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil / Traveling With Mortar And Pestle Is Bad. Superstition Or True. / Rock Collapses On Tourists During A Boat Ride In Brazil (photo, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 03, 2021
so if you love pounded yam like I do then you can buy it and start pounding,lol

https://www.walkbrazil4k.com/2021/12/this-is-what-mortar-and-pestle-looks.html?m=1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Freestainworld(m): 1:32pm On Dec 03, 2021
Brazil it's just like normal African home in many similarities especially on food and household items

5 Likes

Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 03, 2021
Freestainworld:
Brazil it's just like normal African home in many similarities especially on food and household items

Exactly this is why I love Brazil, we have yam, cocoyam, plantain, garri, palm oil all brazilian

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Danjikanbauchi: 2:57pm On Dec 03, 2021
No difference from our own here.

But @ op Brazilian do eat pounded yam ?
Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 03, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
No difference from our own here.

But @ op Brazilian do eat pounded yam ?

I am not sure but maybe they do in Salvador a state in Brazil where they speak yoruba

4 Likes

Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Danjikanbauchi: 3:32pm On Dec 03, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

I am not sure but maybe they do in Salvador a state in Brazil where they speak yoruba
mmmmm (Salvador) thanks for this information. I hope they don't mine skulls and sell humans part there. Any way I will avoid that state on my next holidays I plane visiting Brazil.
Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Dec 03, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
mmmmm (Salvador) thanks for this information. I hope they don't mine skulls and sell humans part there. Any way I will avoid that state on my next holidays I plane visiting Brazil.

No they don't and yoruba land is not the only place they use people for rituals in Nigeria, it is in every part of Nigeria it is just that many don't make the news and I am too old for tribalism man

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Danjikanbauchi: 3:45pm On Dec 03, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

No they don't and yoruba land is not the only place they use people for rituals in Nigeria, it is in every part of Nigeria it is just that many don't make the news and I am too old for tribalism man
a bottle of Orijin for you, the bill on me.

4 Likes

Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by godlessmind: 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

Exactly this is why I love Brazil, we have yam, cocoyam, plantain, garri, palm oil all brazilian

Don't get it twisted most of the foods we eat here can be found in south America and the Caribbean islands.

Do you know in Trinidad and Tobago they eat garri? The method they eat it is when they bake it.
Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Vulcanheph(m): 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
walkbrazil4k:
so if you love pounded yam like I do then you can buy it and start pounding,lol

https://www.walkbrazil4k.com/2021/12/this-is-what-mortar-and-pestle-looks.html?m=1
This is because during the slave trade, most of the slaves taken to the Brazilian and carribean islands were mainly from Nigeria... Most of the slaves took a lot of things from their culture with them to Brazil.
This will explain why Brazilians share so many things with west Africans ranging from Religion, culture, cusines etc.
You can imagine my shock when I found out that the Brazilians also have Akara.

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 03, 2021
godlessmind:

Don't get it twisted most of the foods we eat here can be found in south America and the Caribbean islands.

Do you know in Trinidad and Tobago they eat garri? The method they eat it is when they bake it.

Yes we have garri in Brazil, most of the foods we eat in Brazil came from Africa

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
Vulcanheph:

This is because during the slave trade, most of the slaves taken to the Brazilian and carribean islands were mainly from Nigeria... Most of the slaves took a lot of things from their culture with them to Brazil.
This will explain why Brazilians share so many things with west Africans ranging from Religion, culture, cusines etc.
You can imagine my shock when I found out that the Brazilians also have Akara.

Lol yea and they love akara, I would post an updated write up about akara business today
Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Solosolojohquay: 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2021
Not only foods they worship most of the Yoruba gods Sango is zango ,oya etc and they consult ifa priest as seen in Yoruba nollywoods most of them came here to be tutor in Yoruba traditional ways I think is profitable job in there county
Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 03, 2021
Solosolojohquay:
Not only foods they worship most of the Yoruba gods Sango is zango ,oya etc and they consult ifa priest as seen in Yoruba nollywoods most of them came here to be tutor in Yoruba traditional ways I think is profitable job in there county

Very profitable, I talked about it and some laughed, I know a Nigerian babalawo here not personally, I saw him on Instagram, he lives in goias, this guy makes money I tell you
Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Benwallt(m): 8:04pm On Dec 03, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
Jealousy

4 Likes

Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Benwallt(m): 8:05pm On Dec 03, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

For real? How true bro
Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2021
Benwallt:
For real? How true bro

Yea they speak yoruba in salvador

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Barims(m): 11:20pm On Dec 03, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

For real they speak Yoruba grin grin dey lie small small bros
Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Nobody: 11:46pm On Dec 03, 2021
Barims:

For real they speak Yoruba grin grin dey lie small small bros

No lies, check on Google,the yoruba language is used there because of traditional religion

4 Likes

Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by godlessmind: 11:56pm On Dec 03, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

Yes we have garri in Brazil, most of the foods we eat in Brazil came from Africa
Maybe the invaders or the captured Africans were the ones that brought it there. If they were captured and chained wtf they still permit them to carry those foods? I don't know cos i may be wrong or trying to fix a puzzle here.
Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Benwallt(m): 3:38am On Dec 04, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

Yea they speak yoruba in salvador
Wow! Thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by henrimoto(m): 4:09am On Dec 04, 2021
godlessmind:
Maybe the invaders or the captured Africans were the ones that brought it there. If they were captured and chained wtf they still permit them to carry those foods? I don't know cos i may be wrong or trying to fix a puzzle here.
Power of the mind. The captured slaves moved with their ways of living ( culture & tradition) in their mind.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Godons1: 5:54am On Dec 04, 2021
Benwallt:
Jealousy

Na Igbo the guy be grin

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Ge0grapher(m): 6:31am On Dec 04, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

No lies, check on Google,the yoruba language is used there because of traditional religion

Can u create a thread for Msc in Brazil?? Some of us are interested.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Benwallt(m): 8:42am On Dec 04, 2021
Godons1:

Na Igbo the guy be grin
I thought as much. E pain am say dem no expand beyond South East

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by KingLarry04: 9:20am On Dec 04, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

even in Cuba, they speak yoruba

1 Like

Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 04, 2021
KingLarry04:
even in Cuba, they speak yoruba

That's true
Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 04, 2021
godlessmind:

Hmmmm, deep question, I think the invaders brought it along to feed the captured Africans, they didn't want to feed them with their own food, infact they gave the captured Africans beans
Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 04, 2021
Ge0grapher:

Can u create a thread for Msc in Brazil?? Some of us are interested.

I don't know about the school process that's why and they mostly teach in portugues unless you find an international school or something
Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by godlessmind: 3:51pm On Dec 04, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

Hmmmm, deep question, I think the invaders brought it along to feed the captured Africans, they didn't want to feed them with their own food, infact they gave the captured Africans beans

Allowing the captives to eat their food will only spell doom for them cos a healthy captive pays more. I think beans is a universal food almost everyone eats it just like rice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 04, 2021
godlessmind:

Allowing the captives to eat their food will only spell doom for them cos a healthy captive pays more. I think beans is a universal food almost everyone eats it just like rice

I think I would post about that topic now, The captives received, once a day, only a serving of bean broth. To enrich the mixture a bit, they made use of the parts of the pig that the lords despised: the tongue, tail, feet and ears. It was from this practice that came, according to tradition, the Brazilian dish known as feijoada

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Mortar And Pestle Looks Like In Brazil (photo) by godlessmind: 4:27pm On Dec 04, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

I think I would post about that topic now, The captives received, once a day, only a serving of bean broth. To enrich the mixture a bit, they made use of the parts of the pig that the lords despised: the tongue, tail, feet and ears. It was from this practice that came, according to tradition, the Brazilian dish known as feijoada

Okay.... Keep me in the loop

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Has Emigration Solved Our Problem? / After Uk Deportation... / How To Get A Job In Germany From Nigeria 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.