Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes (8238 Views)

Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely? / Why Do Christians Suffer After Giving Their Life To Christ? / Why Some Christians Backslide And Never Come Back To Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Franking: 12:34pm On Dec 05, 2021
Olaideolayemi:
Y are you saying rubbish?Who wake you up at the time you wake,Y others are not?Who control the days?Y did rain stop somewhere,and continue somewhere..Ingrate everywhere..May God delivered you..

Who woke me up how? Na wa. How old are u? U reason like a child. So, why did he kill those that didn't wake up? Why?
Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by ProfChris10(m): 12:36pm On Dec 05, 2021
Truvelisback:
Good day, Fellas. Why do some people assume that that those christians who suffers misfortunes are not christians or their ways aren't pure or straight b4 God? Even many fellow Xtians do assume that way.

It stems from wrong understanding of God's character. They believe God is good only to those that obey a set of rules.

Wrong teachings that have built up in them.

Some of the things that man can do, we expect God to do everything for us.

There are non Christians who are doing well in finance, marriage, have lovely and disciplined kids.

Until we start getting the right knowledge some of these assumptions won't stop.

One question is "What was Jesus' mission on earth?" What did he accomplish?

The right answer will put an end to many wrong perceptions.

2 Likes

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by manee2(m): 12:45pm On Dec 05, 2021
Franking:

Who woke me up how? Na wa. How old are u? U reason like a child. So, why did he kill those that didn't wake up? Why?

grin smiley grin
Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by treatise: 1:03pm On Dec 05, 2021
Truvelisback:
Good day, Fellas. Why do some people assume that that those christians who suffers misfortunes are not christians or their ways aren't pure or straight b4 God? Even many fellow Xtians do assume that way.

Those individuals with such perverse inclinations are far from God. They've never read the Bible with understanding

1 Like

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 05, 2021
kazyhm:

Christianity doesn't have a standard interpretation of the word of the bible, no harmonized standard way of life hence every factions/ denominations have some part of the bible to justify their idea or knowledge of whatever life throw at their members.

Additionally, Bible is such a detail book that can be use to justify anything and everything depending on the point you want to score....Bible is your best friend, it will always support your claims.

The bible can be used to justify anything. Afterall Satan quoted scriptures to tempt Jesus
Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Drsheddy(m): 1:47pm On Dec 05, 2021
EnemyofGod22:
God and satan doesn't exist.

Know this and have peace of mind.

FOOL

1 Like

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Gosanzy: 1:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
you are a confused human.
your moniker says enemy of god.
why are you an enemy of what doesn't exist

Thank you and God bless you.
Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by BRATISLAVA: 2:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
kingxsamz:
Why do religious folks think their problems will disappear when they involve their gods?

Said gods promise so much. Would you create/birth a child be theoretically successful and happy, but if it is to suffer, and when it cannot cope you would reject it to just watch it suffer after that birthing?

That is the claim religious folks have. That they were promised help from their creators.

1 Like

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by BRATISLAVA: 2:54pm On Dec 05, 2021
AfriNotesNEWS:
I once went to my church.. wanted to see the Pst..

Things are not going so well with me and my family then..so I needed prayer as a believe prayer will do alot in solving most of the issue

So after Sunday service..I walk to see Pst..it was a Big Church.. among top 5 biggest Church in Nigeria

But I was stop by one of the Pastor..who offered to hear from me reasons why I wanted to see senior Pst

So he asked me..why do you want to see the Pst...

I told him..I need prayer

So he ask me what was wrong

I took my time to details to him what am passing through.. I just graduate from University and will leaving to NYSC and more over my family are passing through difficult time.. we just lost our a years plus ago

I was surprised after telling the Pastor all this..

Only for the Pst to ask me.. Am my a tither?

I answered, Yes I'm..I do pay my tithe

So he ask again. Have ever eaten you tither before.. I mean are you a faithful tithers.

And I told him, I was not...am a student..before now.. some time I eat my tithe

So the Pst conclusion was.. my problem and that of my family. Was because am not a faithful tither

That I don't need prayer, but consistent and faithful in tithing...

After hearing this..I failed off. Went into deep depression. Start regretting all the tithe I have eaten..

Including the 100 naira profit I once made..which I eat the 10 naira tithe fee on it

This regret and depression never go a way so soon. It stays with me for years..not until I came to the knowledge of tithe.

May God continue to help us

Tithes have nothing to do with it. You people say that nobody knows the way of God, yet you say it is because of tithes. Isn't that blasphemy?

1 Like

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Truvelisback(m): 4:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
Benbellamor:

First, No Scriptural Basis that Justify that poor Christians are Sinners. It was clearly a motive by pastorpreneurs to Devide and Rule...
The Good News is that The Early Apostles Recognized the position of the poor in the church, they further make provision for their needs..let's read

Acts 2:44,45
And all that believed were together, and had all things common; …

Acts 4:34
Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were shared according to their needs.
Pastorspreneurs Attack the Acts of Apostles in respect to treating the poor...and replaced it with their man made philosophy that providing for the poor is promoting laziness... Forgetting that Only God rewards our kindness to the poor...but the greedy pastors still wants to take the little that the poor have
Even though i acted cool about their insinuations about me but their words were like these arrows to my heart.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Truvelisback(m): 4:26pm On Dec 05, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
It's lack of deep knowledge of the workings of God.
Funny enough, many of them tend to claim they know God's word. They tend to use their success to compare urs. They will say it's because they use to do this, they use to do that, that's why they are like this. Some of them even claim because they can fast and pray alot etc. Note: i am not in anyway underestimating the power. If it's only by prayer, many prayerwarrior i knew then would have been a millionaire right now.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by MrNipplesLover(m): 4:36pm On Dec 05, 2021
Thank you, Father.
Thank you, Son.
Thank you, Holy Spirit.

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

❤❤❤❤

1 Like

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Truvelisback(m): 4:40pm On Dec 05, 2021
floss:
Hmm...
For me suffering is not a good thing at all, it's a sign of misfortune and you are being punished for an error you committed directly or indirectly.
Was Job punished for an error he committed? Were John the Baptist, John the Beloved and others punished for what they committed?
Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by floss(m): 4:47pm On Dec 05, 2021
Truvelisback:
Was Job punished for an error he committed? Were John the Baptist, John the Beloved and others punished for what they committed?
Those are biblical instances you gave, I need you to come off the Bible, look around you and quote me.
Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Truvelisback(m): 4:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
Abdulsaddiq:
Not only Christian
There are christian preachers who usually say it's an error for a christian to go broke, suffer hardship or suffer misfortunes like losing love one etc.
Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Truvelisback(m): 4:52pm On Dec 05, 2021
floss:

Those are biblical instances you gave, I need you to come off the Bible, look around you and quote me.
There are lots of christians experiencing the same.
Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Hkff: 5:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
Oh
Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Ushiepasch: 6:05pm On Dec 05, 2021
If Christ could go through pains why won’t the so called Christian. All the apostles went through hell, so when u meet pain take it as part of life. Pains no easy to bear.

2 Likes

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Olaideolayemi(m): 6:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
Franking:

Y do you want to know my age?You think,you are talking to a boy or child? please a person talking to you is a mature folk.Accept it or leave it..Y asking how?It means,you have low memory about universe.. imagine look mentality, what about animals, plants and others creatures that die..just to tell you,how God is supremacy..If you don't believed, don't poison others soul..Abeg..Your choice,your believed..

1 Like

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Isaac4me2u: 6:54pm On Dec 05, 2021
[color=#770077][/color]
Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Franking: 7:05pm On Dec 05, 2021
Olaideolayemi:
Y do you want to know my age?You think,you are talking to a boy or child? please a person talking to you is a mature folk.Accept it or leave it..Y asking how?It means,you have low memory about universe.. imagine look mentality, what about animals, plants and others creatures that die..just to tell you,how God is supremacy..If you don't believed, don't poison others soul..Abeg..Your choice,your believed..

Where's God na? Show me God not what u think he created. Show me proof and stop beating about the bush.
Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by showafrica(m): 7:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
floss:
Hmm...
For me suffering is not a good thing at all, it's a sign of misfortune and you are being punished for an error you committed directly or indirectly.

Exactly... The punishment helps our brains to develop. If you design a moon rocket and make mistakes, God will not save you, na after you crash finish people wey dey alive go learn there lessons and do it better. God don't like mediocrity. Same thing with finances, if you mismanage it you will suffer.
Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by FirePower1(m): 10:06pm On Dec 05, 2021
Day and night happen to everyone under the sun, Christians inclusive. What we do in response to these inevitable periods reveals our different characters which is our real identity.
Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by jimcaddy(m): 11:28pm On Dec 05, 2021
Misfortunes happen in life. It's life's Principles. Have you ever seen someone that hasn't experienced one form of misfortune or the other in his or her life? If it persists or if it has a pattern, then maybe you could link it to spirituality. It's actually possible for evil forces to be behind you especially in this part of the world where we are so wicked towards one another.
Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Nobody: 2:23am On Dec 06, 2021
Truvelisback:
Even though i acted cool about their insinuations about me, their words were like these arrows to my heart.

Going th4ough this right now. I am even awake at this very moment 2:22. I am thinking of raising money to complete today's movement.
I had to cut communication with one of my relations.
The guy told me to my face that I wasn't praying enough. Eh no easy.

1 Like

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Truvelisback(m): 8:11am On Dec 06, 2021
showafrica:

Exactly... The punishment helps our brains to develop. If you design a moon rocket and make mistakes, God will not save you, na after you crash finish people wey dey alive go learn there lessons and do it better. God don't like mediocrity. Same thing with finances, if you mismanage it you will suffer.
U are not serious.
Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:29am On Dec 06, 2021
That's pagan ideology not Christian!
True Christians know that Satan is the ruler of this world {John 14:30; 2Corinthians 4:4; 1John 5:19} so when we see any of us suffering due to hardship we remember Job {Job 1:1-22} Asaph {Psalms 73:1-17} Jesus {Mark 15:34;Luke 22:42} and the Apostles. 2Corinthians 11:23-27
So we struggle to do what we can to assist them after all our God promised that He won't allow us to be tempted beyond what we can bear {1Corinthians 10:13} it's not that we will not face hardship but due to the fact that Satan can't subject all servants of our God to the same conditionat at the same time those who are not in that condition will always be there for those been tempted by the Devil! John 19:26-27

May you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Olaideolayemi(m): 9:52am On Dec 06, 2021
Franking:

Where's God na? Show me God not what u think he created. Show me proof and stop beating about the bush.
Just laughing.. I can only pray for you,that God show himself to you,as he as shown to prophet Musa on the mountain.. I pray,you encounter him soon..
Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Franking: 10:41am On Dec 06, 2021
Olaideolayemi:
Just laughing.. I can only pray for you,that God show himself to you,as he as shown to prophet Musa on the mountain.. I pray,you encounter him soon..

Haven't u encountered him?

Let him show himself or adonbelievehim
Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Olaideolayemi(m): 11:39am On Dec 06, 2021
Franking:

Haven't u encountered him?

Let him show himself or adonbelievehim
I have encountered him so many times..I pray,he shows you himself soon..Amen..

1 Like

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by Benbellamor: 12:34pm On Dec 06, 2021
showafrica:

this is unscriptural, its wisdom from human philosophy...

1 Like

Re: People's Assumptions When Some Christians Suffer Misfortunes by showafrica(m): 12:42pm On Dec 06, 2021
Benbellamor:
this is unscriptural, its wisdom from human philosophy...

I saw it in the Bible... He said i punish those i love... I don forget the chapter. It simply, i love you so much and i want u to have sense.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benny Hinn Dating Paula White? ? / Picture Of A Woman Worshipping God Without Hands And Legs / What Is Your Favourite Easter Line? Share

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.