Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,454 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) (29734 Views)

Autopsy Result Of Sylvester Oromoni Junior Has Been Released (photos) / Schoolmate Of Sylvester Oromoni Reveals How He Was Tortured By Senior Students / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 04, 2021
Fiscus105:
Calling for protests! But if you are close enough to ur child wen he was alive, he would have revealed what he was going through in sch...........I am very sure u keep fighting ur husband for insignificant reasons wen son is rotten away in sch.

Majority not parents totally left children for teachers to handle and discipline, while they focus on mundane things

You are very correct...but many parents also send their children to boarding school to learn how to be independent, and to learn to stand on their own.

Good preparation for future adulthood.

Though many boarding schools are sadly not fit for purpose...
Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by joefelin2345: 10:29am On Dec 04, 2021
mikkeyvirus:
Dowen college student death: Mother of Sylvester calls for protest by women.

She called on Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu and his wife, the Lagos State first lady to intervene.

The heartbroken mother slammed Dowen College over the press statement which they released.

Watch video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuDh-lpuLaA

Here is the press statement from Dowen College if you missed it https://www.nairaland.com/6876728/oromoni-sylvester-statement-dowen-college
This video reminds of the soap opera..the rich also cry.. May God comfort the family & sincere RIP to the dead boy. But wait, if this had happened to a common citizen, would the boy's mother join the protest? How many such protests have she attended? I truly agreed with the Igbo's saying that ...every dead person look like a log of wood until it turns to be one's relative (s).

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by fieldbus: 10:30am On Dec 04, 2021
Jackgriffo:
Say no to boarding school!!

You don't transfer your responsibilities to schools in the name of boarding school

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 04, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

Dowen College has released a rebuttal to the claim sponsored by the deceased's relative. Now it's very hard to draw a conclusion, rather a hypothesis is all I can afford now:

If Sylvester had died from injury or consequent injury sustained while playing a game as claimed by Dowen College, why was there ever a need for the brutal post made by the obviously apoplectic relative pointing fingers at abuse? If it had happened as claimed, unless his uncle feeds his veins with heroin, there isn't any rationale to such a post. It was prompted by what he may have been told by the dead, which still holds water at this juncture.

And how he got those names in a very short but sensitive while is very baffling as well.

I took a careful look at Sylvester. He was very broken. His lips were so gone that it can take a sandpaper to replicate the injury on them. What kind of fall, or jump, or collision or whatever could have resulted to such? His limbs were not responsive as well.

Sylvester's mother, whom Dowen College calimed to have contacted beforehand wouldn't be so mad to call for such a shameful, ignoble protest unless it was prompted. If it had happened as asserted by the school, the typical response of a mother would be a solemn candle night or funeral, accompanied by dissociation and mourning.

Sometimes, try and read full Articles and watch videos before you comment on sensitive issues like this one.

The boy's uncle on his Twitter post said the boy mentioned the names of the guys who beat him up. He said they gave him a chemical drink and forced it down his mouth, so obviously that explains what you see on his mouth. In one the videos I watched, the boy was groaning in pains saying he didn't play football like his school was saying and that they beat him up because he refused to join them.
Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by Jman06(m): 10:32am On Dec 04, 2021
ehix89:
I understand the pains and agony she must be going through but I would say forgiveness makes you heal quicker.
I pray your own son or brother is killed so you can forgive his killers and heal quickly!

Nonsense!!

#JusticeforSylvester!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by Fiscus105(m): 10:34am On Dec 04, 2021
Anndrew:
with due respect..u are very stupid and senseless.. u just prove that u are a fool..sorry abt that..take heart

Give to who knows how read good english, please wipe away ur tears and calm down ur emotion o.

I insist if she or her husband were close to the lad, he would have disclosed what he was going through.

Idiot people like you would always crying wen bad things happen but would always fail to prevent it earlier

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by idanone(m): 10:35am On Dec 04, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

Dowen College has released a rebuttal to the claim sponsored by the deceased's relative. Now it's very hard to draw a conclusion, rather a hypothesis is all I can afford now:

If Sylvester had died from injury or consequent injury sustained while playing a game as claimed by Dowen College, why was there ever a need for the brutal post made by the obviously apoplectic relative pointing fingers at abuse? If it had happened as claimed, unless his uncle feeds his veins with heroin, there isn't any rationale to such a post. It was prompted by what he may have been told by the dead, which still holds water at this juncture.

And how he got those names in a very short but sensitive while is very baffling as well.

I took a careful look at Sylvester. He was very broken. His lips were so gone that it can take a sandpaper to replicate the injury on them. What kind of fall, or jump, or collision or whatever could have resulted to such? His limbs were not responsive as well.

Sylvester's mother, whom Dowen College calimed to have contacted beforehand wouldn't be so mad to call for such a shameful, ignoble protest unless it was prompted. If it had happened as asserted by the school, the typical response of a mother would be a solemn candle night or funeral, accompanied by dissociation and mourning.

say know to bad parenting, up till now know one was able define the excert home of the devil ontill i realize that his home is in our mind and it all depend on how we make use of it.
Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by Shusher: 10:35am On Dec 04, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

His Father said he was beaten by the boys and given a concussion to drink after that in the hostel.

This is murder!

2 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by meetme01: 10:36am On Dec 04, 2021
Authority1o1:
Okay...

You mean the school dropped this or your personal view?
Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by Fiscus105(m): 10:37am On Dec 04, 2021
Cowbell521:
U b correct idiot. Child dey boarding school. Clearly, u no sabi wetin boarders dey pass through. U dey talk close. Mumu man.

If you and ur parents are not most stupid, you would know that it's a must to visit child in boarding school regularly, not even at tender age?

I don't blame u, ur parents total left you for upbringing and that's why you lost out before you even started.
Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by dfrost: 10:38am On Dec 04, 2021
Collinnss:
Boarding school wey all of us been dey manage

My brother the matter tire person. But truth be told, when we are suffer a particular things and call it toughness, you would not know the damage it does to you (you here does not imply you Collinnss).

We pass through waking up early hours of the morning sometimes by 4:30? To prove what exactly?

We are accorded manual labour of cutting grass for 2 to 3 hours sometimes. To prove that we are physically or mentally strong or what?

Most of us are mentally broken but we won't accept that fact. Why would I flog a fellow student 12 strokes of the cane just to prove my seniority. To what end?

Yes we could read and push ourselves to the limit but I can bet to a reasonable extent that boarding schools never produced the best brains.

4 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by Laeroy(f): 10:39am On Dec 04, 2021
ehix89:
I understand the pains and agony she must be going through but I would say forgiveness makes you heal quicker.
Not until justice is served.
Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by chizzycute411(m): 10:42am On Dec 04, 2021
The family of the boy should conduct an autopsy to accertain the cause of the death. And if the result is different from what the school management gave then the school should be held responsible likewise the culprits
Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by Goldbw122(m): 10:43am On Dec 04, 2021
I wish, if someone can just come back to life

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by anu3: 10:44am On Dec 04, 2021
[quote author=mastermaestro post=108200081]

Boarding schools are not bad, but always interview and observe your kids during visiting days and when they come home for holidays. While visiting them, take them to a corner, even inside your car. Check their body for bruises and marks. Remove their shirts and see things for yourself. It is your child we are talking about. Money doesn't raise children, parents do!

Right, maybe it's not always that bad, but I won't recommend boarding school to the children of my enemies. Cos I hope my enemies get converted and learn to train their children right themselves.

Others may disagree, fine. But for me, I won't. I attended two major boarding schools for my secondary school: so, I'm sure...

Besides, many know that they can care for their own children much better than
that of entrusting them with some random, 'educated', carefree strangers.

Grace.
Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by Jman06(m): 10:45am On Dec 04, 2021
The management of Dowen college are very wicked for trying to cover up this crime! That act of giving press statement in support of the claim that the boy sustained injury while playing football is very annoying and makes the management complicit in the boy's murder.

Please what kind of football could the boy have been playing to inflict such fatal degree of injury on him Even if defence and attacks in such football required some periods of wrestling!

Those boys and the school's management should be arrested immediately! And if any of those boys' parents dared send their murderous children abroad, such parents should be arrested, locked up and punished until they bring back the main culprits.

#JusticeforSylvester

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by jaxxy(m): 10:48am On Dec 04, 2021
Boarding skols have always been messed up bt I think now the skols have gone complacent on safety of these kids and proper communications with parents. No parents should be kept in the dark or lied to about the condition of their kids.

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by Vinnie2000(m): 10:48am On Dec 04, 2021
backbencher:

You are very correct...but many parents also send their children to boarding school to learn how to be independent, and to learn to stand on their own.

Good preparation for future adulthood.

Though many boarding schools are sadly not fit for purpose...

Utter Rubbish!
Can you be sending a 11 or 12 year old to learn how to Stand on his own?

That's a Flimsy excuse!

The Real reason are Laziness, Weakness and Selfishness on the part of Parents!..
I know of a Parent who complains 'Andrew, ur Uniform is always Dirty.
I can't be Washing everyday! U will soon enter Boarding school'! undecided sad

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 04, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Utter Rubbish!
Can you be sending a 11 or 12 year old to learn how to Stand on its own?

That's a Flimsy excuse!

Yes , it may be good for an eleven year old to learn to stand on his or her own, because no one knows tomorrow.

The Real reason are Laziness, Weakness and Selfishness on the part of Parents!..
I know of a Parent who complains 'Andrew, ur Uniform is always Dirty.
I can't be Washing everyday! U will soon enter Boarding school'! undecided sad

1.Well, some parents send their kids to boarding school because they come from poor backgrounds where the child has no space or area to do after school academic work.

2.Some send their kids to boarding school to learn how to live away from home, develop skills like discipline, and so on

3.And yes, some of them send their kids away because...laziness

(P.S I am not particularly pro-boarding school myself, so I really don't have a dog in the fight.)
Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 04, 2021
She’s not serious if na me I go go burn down that school first then if the principal doesn’t provide me with the names and Addresses of the students that committed the act I go burn him house join then Go find the parents of those bastard kids burn their houses too. Which kind Protest be that . angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by ShaqFu: 10:55am On Dec 04, 2021
I honestly don't know whats wrong with Nigerians these days. Why do they like believing social media will solve all their problems.

I wonder why she haven't reported this case to the nearest police station and by doing that, sue the school for failing to protect her kid, because the school is suppose to act as in Loco parentis to the kids under their care.

All this coming to social media and clamoring for protest won't do or solve anything. Rather, it will only generate online noise and traffic for bloggers and news outlets.

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by Juoflife1(f): 11:05am On Dec 04, 2021
I was in a boarding school for 6yrs and I didn't turn out bad. Not all boarding schools are bad.
When my child falls sick, I treat at home but if it gets to a point I cannot manage, I take him to the hospital. My question is, Why was this boy not taking to a good hospital? From the video, he was at home and they were massaging him.
I am so angry over this. Why was this child not taken to a hospital for God's sake?

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by Orangedreams: 11:12am On Dec 04, 2021
Evil is too much in this country. The sad part is that this case will end up the richer wins the case.

Abeg check my signature jare
Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by Prenonjebose: 11:16am On Dec 04, 2021
Never really liked boarding house. All manners of nonsense are perpetrated there. The perpetrators and their parents must be exposed after proper investigation is carried out. The matter must not be swept under the carpet

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by Fyngal1(f): 11:19am On Dec 04, 2021
When exactly will boarding schools be closed down permanently? It has outlived it's usefulness abeg. Now it's more like a training centre for prostitutes and cultists and an excuse for parents to shift their responsibilities. I even recently learned that there are boarding schools for primary school. No be juju be that?

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by smartr: 11:23am On Dec 04, 2021
THE BEST PROTEST IS TO BURN DOWN THE SCHOOL angry angry angry
Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by MoneyTrees(m): 11:41am On Dec 04, 2021
Orgasmgiver123:
RIP to the boy

Wait oh, am I the only one who is patiently waiting for the naked protest with my petroleum jelly at hand.

Damn.. nasty.. I'm out of here

Poor humor attempt
Very insensitive ma'fo
Just get-at
Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by Maximusoctavius: 11:42am On Dec 04, 2021
Fiscus105:
Calling for protests! But if you are close enough to ur child wen he was alive, he would have revealed what he was going through in sch...........I am very sure u keep fighting ur husband for insignificant reasons wen son is rotten away in sch.

Majority of parents totally left children for teachers to handle and discipline, while they focus on mundane things.

.....if we can learn how to first blame ourselves on any unpleasant things happen to us......

We would have prevented 75% of ugly situations that came our way.
You're the most stupid person on Nairaland
Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by LegalWolf: 11:43am On Dec 04, 2021
mikkeyvirus:
Dowen college student death: Mother of Sylvester calls for protest by women.

She called on Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu and his wife, the Lagos State first lady to intervene.

The heartbroken mother slammed Dowen College over the press statement which they released.

Watch video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuDh-lpuLaA

Here is the press statement from Dowen College if you missed it https://www.nairaland.com/6876728/oromoni-sylvester-statement-dowen-college

Gerrard59!!!!! why are you not talking, why are you being a hypocirte that you are?
Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by Fiscus105(m): 11:44am On Dec 04, 2021
Maximusoctavius:
You're the most stupid person on Nairaland

If you can first blame urself before shifting the blame to others, you wouldn't have lost it completely in journey of life ok.

Ur weeping and emotion can't do anything after ur life had been destroyed already
Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by MoneyTrees(m): 11:45am On Dec 04, 2021
Juoflife1:
I was in a boarding school for 6yrs and I didn't turn out bad. Not all boarding schools are bad.
When my child falls sick, I treat at home but if it gets to a point I cannot manage, I take him to the hospital. My question is, Why was this boy not taking to a good hospital? From the video, he was at home and they were massaging him.
I am so angry over this. Why was this child not taken to a hospital for God's sake?

Not all boarding schools are bad
What an excuse
All this ma'fo moms your kid that you treat in the hospital, do you know about his/her mental Health
You just open your mouth to speak up and down
I'm not impressed
Re: Dowen College: Mother Of Sylvester Oromoni Calls For Protest (Video) by JackWolfskin: 11:48am On Dec 04, 2021
ATTENTION MODS!!!

THIS IS NOT SYLVESTER'S MOTHER!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Picks Edward Onoja As Running Mate / 7 Easy Ways On How To Improve Your Knowledge / Adult Enrolls In Primary School In Liberia And The Photo Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.