Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,626 members, 7,809,337 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters (8627 Views)

Pipeline And Structural Welders Connect Thread / Thread For May 2021 BCS Certificate Exam / FREE STAAD PRO Connect Edition Tutorial - for Structural Engineers in nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by Oluwanomso(m): 10:30pm On Dec 06, 2021
You can make ur research online ITF/NECA...... that was where I acquired the knowledge I have in fitting
CrownOfClay724:

Where is this ITF , can you tell me more?
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by Oluwanomso(m): 10:32pm On Dec 06, 2021
rame18:
female?
I'll send the pm though
I still have HSE certificate FROM NigeriaDock FZE

Female! Send a PM on the 2nd of February 2022, I am serious.
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by Kasiye: 4:07am On Dec 07, 2021
rame18:

When vacancies exist, you can apply and get a job. We demobilized 3weeks ago from a project and we may be starting up another project next year.

Pardon me, but where do I apply, my email is david4all@gmail.com thanks
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by Pipefitter: 8:03am On Dec 07, 2021
CrownOfClay724:

Man, where were you groomed?

I'm in training at the moment , but I feel the curriculum is a little inadequate to address modern Pipefitting needs and concerns.

Can you help with links to any new-day study materials?
Is there a place I can garner practical experience in Lagos ; at no cost to the company?

I went to a training school in Port harcourt, you could learn the theory, you can start of as a helper while you learn the practical and you get paid for being a helper too

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by Pipefitter: 8:05am On Dec 07, 2021
[quote author=Kolahim post=108265655][/quote]
Area 14
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by Pipefitter: 8:08am On Dec 07, 2021
Chinks:
Wow! What a coincidence. I've been thinking of learning plumbing lately. Is pipe fitting different from plumbing? I want to be enlightened.

Yes they are very different. Both are special skills though
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by Pipefitter: 8:11am On Dec 07, 2021
Gentlesniper:

By DORC, I believe you mean Dangote oil refining company. 210000 looks too small for a professional pipe fitter in the oil and gas sector, But since it's filled with indians and Chinese coys, I won't be surprised.

I know that basic knowledge of mathematics/trigonometry is needed as a pipe fitter for calculating the rolling angle when it's not shown in the drawing, calculating elbow take off, cutting of RPads for branch connections, etc..

Let me digress a bit..
When is the refinery starting operations,

I don't have the information, I'm only working on a section of the refinery and wouldn't know the percentage of work done. Even though the 210k is just basic you are right about it being low but the truth is that better jobs are yet to start
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by Pipefitter: 8:13am On Dec 07, 2021
pakmoni:
where can I learn this trade in Owerri.

I don't know for owerri, I only know places on porthacourt or lagos, you can also learn on the field will getting paid when you work as a helper. You basically assist the pipe fitter and learn the skills while at it
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by Pipefitter: 8:15am On Dec 07, 2021
rame18:
I am head of Administration in a construction company, my pipe fitters earn between 450k-500k and welders earn over 400k - 600k. These humans are the most uncultured beings.
When they come to collect their weekly carton of milk and water na yèyè talk de full their mouth.

Which company is that and where is the project? Porthacourt?

As for them being uncultured, well, it's an individual thing, mostly welders but it's really and individual thing
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by Pipefitter: 8:18am On Dec 07, 2021
Wang1tang:

Same same baba, no problem. I am also a pipe fitter with years of experience. I work with OILFZE.

Cool
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by dejavski(m): 9:08am On Dec 07, 2021
rame18:

When vacancies exist, you can apply and get a job. We demobilized 3weeks ago from a project and we may be starting up another project next year.

Good day mir, I am also interested in this position.
I am a trained Arc welding and I have the required structural and pipe welding skills too.
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by pakmoni(m): 10:49am On Dec 07, 2021
Pipefitter:

I don't know for owerri, I only know places on porthacourt or lagos, you can also learn on the field will getting paid when you work as a helper. You basically assist the pipe fitter and learn the skills while at it
can you give me the location for port Harcourt and Lagos.
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by Pipefitter: 12:25pm On Dec 07, 2021
pakmoni:

can you give me the location for port Harcourt and Lagos.

Flyer from olist

You could visit any of their office

Please don't go for crane operation there as I know they have very old crane that breaks down most of the time

Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by CrownOfClay724: 12:32pm On Dec 07, 2021
Pipefitter:

I went to a training school in Port harcourt, you could learn the theory, you can start of as a helper while you learn the practical and you get paid for being a helper too

That's on the good side.

Kindly let me know if you find an opening anywhere - even one for a helper.
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by Pipefitter: 2:42pm On Dec 07, 2021
CrownOfClay724:

That's on the good side.

Kindly let me know if you find an opening anywhere - even one for a helper.

If you could find a place to stay around here you could get a helper job the next day, pay isn't so good between 35k to 45k but you can learn whatever you want free while at it, fitting or welding.
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by CrownOfClay724: 2:45pm On Dec 07, 2021
Pipefitter:

If you could find a place to stay around here you could get a helper job the next day, pay isn't so good between 35k to 45k but you can learn whatever you want free while at it, fitting or welding.

I would appreciate that.

I'll send you a DM.
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by Pipefitter: 5:19pm On Dec 07, 2021
CrownOfClay724:

I would appreciate that.

I'll send you a DM.

Ok
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by rame18(f): 6:58pm On Dec 07, 2021
grin[quote author=Oluwanomso post=108277288][/ote]

Y are you surprised that I'm female angry angry angry The only female in my organization.
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by CrownOfClay724: 6:59pm On Dec 07, 2021
Pipefitter:

Ok

I sent a DM.
Or you can beep me on ... if putting your number out here might be an issue.
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by rame18(f): 7:04pm On Dec 07, 2021
Pipefitter:

Which company is that and where is the project? Porthacourt?

As for them being uncultured, well, it's an individual thing, mostly welders but it's really and individual thing

There's a project at ukwuani, Delta state and we are mobilizing to site next year. The ones for bonny are warming up to leave early 2022.
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by Oluwanomso(m): 8:22pm On Dec 07, 2021
☺ ☺ �...... Its quite surprising tho but I'm sure without a doubt you must be very good to be the only female
rame18:
grin
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by Pipefitter: 9:18pm On Dec 07, 2021
CrownOfClay724:

I sent a DM.
Or you can beep me on 08117222456, if putting your number out here might be an issue.

I replied your mail.
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by Pipefitter: 9:21pm On Dec 07, 2021
rame18:

There's a project at ukwuani, Delta state and we are mobilizing to site next year. The ones for bonny are warming up to leave early 2022.

I thought bonny project is about to start fully next year, why is your organization leaving the project? I will like to be part of the next year's project, can I send a pm?
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by goldfinger007: 9:48pm On Dec 07, 2021
Hello sir I am interested
Pipefitter:

Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by Danny4God(m): 9:54pm On Dec 07, 2021
rame18:

hello madam. am a welder i will like to be part of this upcoming project.

Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by Pipefitter: 10:09pm On Dec 07, 2021
goldfinger007:
Hello sir I am interested

Just like I told the other guy, the primary thing is getting a place to stay within the refinery. Other things are secondary
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by Factoryfitted: 10:34pm On Dec 07, 2021
rame18:

Female! Send a PM on the 2nd of February 2022, I am serious.

Hi, Rame18,

I would also love to send you a DM on that date if that's ok by you, ma'am?

Fitter with years on different projects including the OFON EPCC2.

Thanks in advance. smiley
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by pakmoni(m): 3:58am On Dec 08, 2021
Pipefitter:

Flyer from olist

You could visit any of their office

Please don't go for crane operation there as I know they have very old crane that breaks down most of the time
thanks
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by goldfinger007: 8:20am On Dec 08, 2021
Okay, that would not be a problem, when can I start and where is the project?
Pipefitter:

Just like I told the other guy, the primary thing is getting a place to stay within the refinery. Other things are secondary
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by rame18(f): 6:01pm On Dec 08, 2021
Pipefitter:

I thought bonny project is about to start fully next year, why is your organization leaving the project? I will like to be part of the next year's project, can I send a pm?

My project manager and construction manager are in bonny already, we are going in as under the indigenous community umbrella but it's still little so I can't talk about it because it's not major for now.
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by Pipefitter: 6:12pm On Dec 08, 2021
rame18:

My project manager and construction manager are in bonny already, we are going in as under the indigenous community umbrella but it's still little so I can't talk about it because it's not major for now.

Ok
Re: A Thread For Pipe Fitters And Structural Fitters by Kolahim(m): 3:58pm On Dec 09, 2021
[quote author=Pipefitter post=108281201]
Area 14

I'm working at Area 4

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Science Related Degree But Interested In TV Broadcasting Job, Advise On How To / Msc.project Management Dissertation Topic / Poll: Who Is More Productive At Work? Men Or Women ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.