Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,316 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland (4757 Views)

Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland / Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan: I Am The Leader Of All Obas In Yorubaland / "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland by yorubademon24: 8:21am On Dec 05, 2021
Fulaman198 and odumchi it been fucking two days since i tagged you both to this educative thread but you mods have refused to move it to the front page, but if it has to do with anti Igbo threads within seconds it will hit fp.

Mazi igboid you were right about this people, but i promise to keep loading it to their face.

2 Likes

Re: Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland by Igboid: 10:49am On Dec 05, 2021
BornRicch:

You guys can lie for Africa. That's why you were sold as slave. Egusi and agbono Igbo soup! Which of the Igbo tribes are you referring to? Liars.... I hate to reply you people.

It is Ogbono and not Agbono.
Yes! It's Igbo soup which the entire NIGERIA seem to have now adopted and copied from us .
I know that that Ogbono fruit(seed) is traditionally called "Apon" by Yorubas! But we call it Ogbono in Igboland. That's how the soup came about.

2 Likes

Re: Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland by yorubademon24: 2:40pm On Dec 05, 2021
Dubailandlord1 come and learn your history here. how your Igbo masters brought civilization to Yoruba-land.
Re: Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland by Newton85: 9:36pm On Dec 05, 2021
Igboid:

Oka blacksmiths eventually cracked gun barrel hurdle, but it was too little too late.

Any evidence to prove that Yoruba blacksmiths could Indigenously make gun barrels in precolonial/colonial era.
I mean before 1914?
Ajayi Crowther authored the first book in Eboe. Rest.

2 Likes

Re: Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland by Newton85: 9:37pm On Dec 05, 2021
engrchykae:
the Aros were the first to use biological weapon against the British.
They created mutant mosquitoes that killed a lot of British fools
Lmao! meth people and your lies sha! Biological weapons indeed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland by Newton85: 9:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
Christistruth00:

It was Christianity that Civilised Igboland any Stranger that went beyond Onitsha before then was likely to become Somebody’s dinner

Even in Onitsha it was the Benin Influences that prevented that from happening

It was Ajayi Crowther that helped them to author the first book in Eboe language, lol. Shameless people.

2 Likes

Re: Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland by Igboid: 9:41pm On Dec 05, 2021
Newton85:
Ajayi Crowther authored the first book in Eboe. Rest.

When he couldn't speak Igbo.
Are you okay?

2 Likes

Re: Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland by Newton85: 9:43pm On Dec 05, 2021
BKayy:

Cassava was introduced in 16th century my dear.
Besides, most slaves (more than 50%) of slaves in Brazil are from Angola and Congo
And returned slaves are more pronounced in Liberia and Sierra leone than any other west African country.

Let me educate you, Akara and Moi Moi are made from mashed beans not Cassava.

So what have you Yorubas made out of cassava since 500 years it was introduced to you people?

Ndigbo made Akpụ, Abacha, kokoro etc from it so what have you people made out of it?

Kokoro is Eboe? Lol, bloody IPOB liar. Why not also tell us that Akara Eboe?
Re: Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland by Newton85: 9:47pm On Dec 05, 2021
Igboid:

When he couldn't speak Igbo.
Are you okay?

If you like, deceive yourself from eternity that an accomplished linguist like Ajayi Crowther couldn't speak Eboe, that's your cup of tea. But the truth remains that he authored the first book in Eboe, Isoama-Ibo, the primer. Let it burn you forever, lol.
Re: Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland by Newton85: 9:48pm On Dec 05, 2021
bomb24:
Early Igbo Sojourners in Eastern Yorubaland.

The attached pictures depict people at a masquerade dance. The masquerade is the famous Mgbedike masquerade, popular in the Nri-Ọka area. In Picture 1, a man can be seen wearing a hat, with ichi marks on his face.

But these pictures were not taken in Igboland. They were taken in the village of Okitipupa, in the Ondo area of eastern Yorubaland in the 1940s by British colonial officer Edward Harland Duckworth. Who were these people and what was Mgbedike doing in Yorubaland in the '40s?

Ọka tradition relates that their itinerant blacksmiths had penetrated into Yorubaland at some undetermined time in the past. Professor O. N. Njoku says this happened sometime between the 1890s and 1904. But it was in the Colonial Period, from the 1930s, that they began to appear there in significant numbers for Yoruba tradition to take notice of their presence.

It was their skill in gun-smithing that enabled the Ọka to penetrate Yorubaland. While Yoruba gunsmiths used nails and riveted their gun parts, Ọka smiths used screws. Ọka guns could thus be taken apart, cleaned, and re-assembled.

The best-known of the Ọka smiths in Yorubaland in the 1930s was one Godwin Okafọ who settled in Igede Ekiti. Ekiti people didn't even know his name and simply called him Ọka. He brought innovations and enriched the smithing tradition of Igede, just as his fellow Ọka crafts workers were changing the face of the profession in other towns in Ekiti.

This is what an elder from Igede, Chief Akande, had to say about Godwin and his 'brothers':

"These Isobos [a name originally referring to Urhobos, but extended to anyone from the Eastern Region] came and began to make heavy-duty guns that could kill 2 or 3 animals at once. They were the first to seriously start producing knives, cutlasses hoes, and others in large quantities for sale. Look at Awka [i.e., Godwin Okafọ], he is small in stature but stronger than many around us. He was the person who first started producing short, rather than the usual long, guns here. Not only that, these Awka people performed their smithing activity by producing, for the first time, double-barrel guns that could kill a whole district if there is war..."

(" Economic History of Ekiti People in Nigeria, 1900 - 1960" by Jumoke Oloidi Ph.D. Thesis, UNN)

copied @Igboid.

cc. lalasticlala, OAMJ, mukina, mancoconut, bkayy, eastlink, Slayerforever, 9pluto.

Ajayi Crowther authored the first book in Eboe language, lol.

1 Like

Re: Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland by engrchykae(m): 12:04pm On Dec 06, 2021
Newton85:
Lmao! meth people and your lies sha! Biological weapons indeed.
very soon you will also deny that we made ogbunigwe bombs.
Skull miners and and their inferiority complex

2 Likes

Re: Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland by Newton85: 12:47pm On Dec 06, 2021
engrchykae:
very soon you will also deny that we made ogbunigwe bombs.
Skull miners and and their inferiority complex
Don't take me seriously jare, you also made atomic bombs.

2 Likes

Re: Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland by BornRicch(m): 12:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
Igboid:

It is Ogbono and not Agbono.
Yes! It's Igbo soup which the entire NIGERIA seem to have now adopted and copied from us .
I know that that Ogbono fruit(seed) is traditionally called "Apon" by Yorubas! But we call it Ogbono in Igboland. That's how the soup came about.
Agbono or oghono at long as you got it. Do you have document � that's stated Igbo's were the first people eating oghono? Moreover, I'm not Yoruba. Nigeria is such a balkanized State where anyone can claim anything.
Re: Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland by engrchykae(m): 7:09pm On Dec 06, 2021
Newton85:
Don't take me seriously jare, you also made atomic bombs.
Igbo giants always pursuing you demons

1 Like

Re: Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland by Christistruth00: 10:00pm On Dec 06, 2021
BornRicch:

Agbono or oghono at long as you got it. Do you have document � that's stated Igbo's were the first people eating oghono? Moreover, I'm not Yoruba. Nigeria is such a balkanized State where anyone can claim anything.

Yorubas have been eating Ogbono for Centuries it is called Apon in Yoruba and it is made plain like Okro soup

It was Igbos that liked putting fish and meat inside it that was the difference that others adopted
Re: Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland by bomb24: 3:19pm On Dec 18, 2021
cc
Re: Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland by bomb24: 11:31pm On Feb 12, 2022
Re: Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland by Jameseddi1: 12:16am On Feb 14, 2022
BKayy:

Until lions tell their story, the tales of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

Now let me shock you. Do you know that the Anglo-Aro war in Igboland cost Britain more resources, time and soldiers than what they call Bini Empire?

1. Aro expedition took 5 months while Bini took 9 days.

2. Aro expedition was fought on more than 10 fronts with major battles numbering 7, while Bini was two massacres, one was deliberate while the second was as a punishment.

3. Arọ shocked Britain by digging trenches to evade bullets while Bini didn't show any invention.

4. Arọ expedition cost Britain advanced weapons and manpower numbering 1,550 soldiers of which at least 700 died while the Bini expedition cost Britain 1,200 soldiers no mortar or advanced weaponry and barely recorded any casualty.

Now, answer me one question, between Aro and Bini, who is qualified to call herself an Empire?

Please don’t you ever put Benin in same sentence with you mini Ebo/Igbo
You Ebo that was lost in history only the time it was recognized it was under Benin.

This are the first early time they write about Igbo

First one was .17thc Olaudah Equiano who documented that Ebo/Igbo was a mini tribe under the Benin kingdom and control.

Second one is the world European Africa map of 18th century that show the mini Ebo under the big mighty Benin kingdom.

So no your level in history Benin civilized igbo before the arrival of European.

All what I wrote is fact

1 Like

Re: Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland by Nijerialove: 11:21pm On Oct 07, 2023
p
Re: Early Igbo Sojourners In Eastern Yorubaland by Nijerialove: 11:51pm On Oct 07, 2023
P

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Does The Name, Obasanjo Mean In Yoruba? / Inwe Ike Ide N'igbo N'edeghi N'oyibo, Ngwa Nu Bia Nwale....... / The People Of The Omo Valley Tribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.