Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,526 members, 7,812,638 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

#JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out (45110 Views)

#JusticeForSylvester: Ijaw Youth Council Protests In Front of Dowen College / A Female Celebrity Is The Owner Of Dowen College – Ubi Franklin Reveals / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by baralatie(m): 12:08pm On Dec 04, 2021
beejay85:

U don't know what u are saying....if u follow the case ,u LL realise the deceased is the fifth child of that family passing through the same institution..
Granted, an unfortunate incident occurred, but it's not enough to rubbish the boarding sch setting or refer their parents as failed...
My issue with the parent of the boy was the response time ( too late) since the sch dispensary called them to come pick him up..
Also an orthopedic hospital would have been better to ease d boy's pain , stabilize him and later carry out necessary surgery instead of rubbing with balm by the dad as seen in d video..
Na wa o
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by Reference(m): 12:08pm On Dec 04, 2021
That is why I keep on saying this.
If a person cannot be prosecuted as an adult for some of the most grievous crimes imaginable then the parents must share the liability either through criminal prosecution or civil litigation.
That is the only way to arrest these repugnant antisocial vices.
Then the parents in this case will have to fly themselves out as well to evade justice but in their case the effects on their professions and businesses will be more severe and so a less likely course of action.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by baralatie(m): 12:09pm On Dec 04, 2021
Reference:
That is why I keep on saying this.
If a person cannot be prosecuted as an adult for some of the most grievous crimes imaginable then the parents must share the liability either through criminal prosecution or civil litigation.
That is the only way to arrest these repugnant antisocial vices.
Then the parents in this case will have to fly themselves out as well to evade justice but in their case the effects on their professions and businesses will be more severe and so a less likely course of action.
I don't understand
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by mamaluwe22(f): 12:13pm On Dec 04, 2021
He should take the names of the boys to Ayalala in the great benin kingdom and cause them pains as they have done to him or forgive them if he is a Christian and leave vengeance for God because the Nigerian police/law Court would do nothing.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by beejay85: 12:20pm On Dec 04, 2021
baralatie:

I don't understand
The children are under 18 years...not liable to prosecution....so hevos suggesting their parents go through the stress and rigor of prosecution so parents will ..going forward sit up in curbing their Ward's excesses

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by NovesaTillie(f): 12:23pm On Dec 04, 2021
Pataricatering:
why are there so many idiots like you on nairaland
You don't have to call me names for stating what I feel. Give your opinion and pass.
That you don't agree with my opinion doesn't give you the right to call me names. I bet you are a product of boarding school because you lack manners

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by NovesaTillie(f): 12:24pm On Dec 04, 2021
h0pze3:

only one i knw about u is dat sense is very far frm u d good one. Una no dey reason at all, bcoz d boy dey boarding sch dey should arrest his parent. Make u dey use ur brain even if uno get pretend as if u get. I knw d reason u are angry is bcoz ur parent no send u boarding sch bcoz all ur friend dey boarding sch. Useless being.
You are hopeless.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by NovesaTillie(f): 12:25pm On Dec 04, 2021
AlphaAlex:
you are a bastard for this nonsense talk if it was your child would say this nonsense. Make ogun Kill your Papa for this Nonsense Talk. Thunder fire you bastard .
You are a product of boarding school. You were probably a bully and only heaven knows how many children you have killed or defiled but nemesis will catch you with you soon. Useless animal

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by NovesaTillie(f): 12:28pm On Dec 04, 2021
geemd434:

You are the biggest fool, I know. And you are probably a Yoruba. How do I know, the person who died isn't yoruba so you think you know bettrr. You are bastard. God kill all your families. Fool

For calling me a bastard, your children till the 4th generation will benefit from the ills of boarding school and you will not be alive to do anything. If you do not know how to respect people's opinion then you are nothing but a waste of education that's if you ever got one.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by sandra50(f): 12:35pm On Dec 04, 2021
Many parents have failed their children.
Vinnie2000:
[b][/b]

As in..
I am surprised that some are Bashing him! Many Cannot even Read simple meaning to a comment!..

Many Parents who sends their Kids to Boarding schools are Either Lazy, Weak or even Selfish!.. undecided

I Heard one Man saying 'Married men, Enjoy your Wives,ok?. Send your children to Boarding schools and create more time for Sex/Romance with Her'!.. sad undecided
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by sandra50(f): 12:35pm On Dec 04, 2021
It's disheartening.
dieavirgin:
I don't even understand why parent send kids abroad to school neglecting parenthood. Ode!

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by beejay85: 12:37pm On Dec 04, 2021
rooney:
I can't argue that small children are not into cultism. Not quite long a primary School teacher was narrating how primary three pupils in her school were fingering their Private parts. The female ones practicing lesbianism. I won't allow my children to be a boarder. I prefer taking the pains of school runs in their secondary school than allow all those rubbish going on in boarding house to happen to my children. Any parent that misses training the children at teen age in a godly way, it will take special grace of God for that child to be well behaved child in the society.
Hmnn...my friend, if you have children, I advise u just pray and keep them in God's safe hands.. children upkeep is by grace and it's never Black and White..
U LL be shocked what children are exposed to and capable of doing right under ur nose!
Sometimes,ur Children LL rhyme songs u HV never imagine or heard of grin grin abi will u kill them for that?
As much as we make effort to put our kids in shape ,we shouldn't put blame parents of herring children too much cos social / traditional media is highly unregulated
In Nigeria...so it's so little u can do so long as the kids have access to phone and cable tv

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by beejay85: 12:41pm On Dec 04, 2021
PrinceMajestic:
you idiot. The standard age a child starts boarding school is 11 or 12. I started boarding school at 11 from js1, your parents couldn't afford to put you in boarding school or were senseless enough to not know the importance of boarding secondary school doesn't mean you insult parents who are wise enough to put their wards in boarding school for good training
I started my boarding journey at age 6....and and am still in the boarding journey as my 14yr old daughter (ss2) is in boarding from jss 1 grin
All I pray for is God protection for our children when u are not available to protect them

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by asobo1: 12:44pm On Dec 04, 2021
NovesaTillie:
The parents who abandoned their 12 year old in a boarding school have failed woefully in parenting and should be arrested and charged for negligence and murder angry
People are in a hurry to marry and have kids but want to do parenting part time. How about not having kids at all if you can't pay attention to them?
The ones that have turned out as bullies and are now acting like possessed demons are also products of modern day parenting.
I don't get you. A 12 year old in boarding school, you call that woeful parenting. At the age 11, I was already in a boarding school. Federal Government College for that matter.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 12:47pm On Dec 04, 2021
Islie:
#Justiceforsylvester: Parents of alleged Dowen College cult members planning to fly them abroad, says deceased father

The father said the school management were wrong to have allowed the five culprits to leave the school without informing the police.

https://gazettengr.com/justiceforsylvester-parents-of-alleged-dowen-college-cult-members-planning-to-fly-them-abroad-says-deceased-father/
The names of the cuprits should be published on the dailes and another copy sent to NPA. Thier passports should be seized by the immigration authorities. No one is above the law. The school should be sealed indefinitely

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by Cantonese: 12:51pm On Dec 04, 2021
Ajehkpako4naija:
The names of the cuprits should be published on the dailes and another copy sent to NPA. Thier passports should be seized by the immigration authorities. No one is above the law. The school should be sealed indefinitely

Without doubt, that’s the way forward to ensure justice.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by Aremson14(m): 12:55pm On Dec 04, 2021
I doubt the president is even aware of this situation.

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by Apreecauts: 1:04pm On Dec 04, 2021
Malory:
I was 12 years when I was in JS 2 in a boarding school so it isn't the fault of the parents

Yes, it isn't their fault entirely, but they should also take part of the blame. He told them when he got bullied initially, told them when he was asked to describe his sister's private parts, told them when they threatened to kill him. They could have done more, the father even said he considered withdrawing him but reconsidered because his sisters were in the same school. They should have taken the matter more seriously than they did but now it's too late, I hope they learn from their mistakes
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by Adabestseason(m): 1:07pm On Dec 04, 2021
I feel for your plights as parents the school will conspire with the wealthy parents of those involved to frustrate the case,in this country there is no justice system even if you go to court.Another important issue who is the owner of this school you know protection of his business is more important than the life of a student
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by techWriter1: 1:19pm On Dec 04, 2021
The kindergarten managers merit to wanna incarcerated till they doors up
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by elbaraj2020(m): 1:30pm On Dec 04, 2021
NovesaTillie:
The parents who abandoned their 12 year old in a boarding school have failed woefully in parenting and should be arrested and charged for negligence and murder angry
People are in a hurry to marry and have kids but want to do parenting part time. How about not having kids at all if you can't pay attention to them?
The ones that have turned out as bullies and are now acting like possessed demons are also products of modern day parenting.
See who is talking.. probably not even married have any any kid but you jump into conclusion that the parents neglected their child. Is there any parent who doesn't want the best for his or her child? Why was the boy taken to such an expensive if they don't care? If you are not a parent or you just happen to be a house wife(ur job) you can't compare urself with those who have to go to office before they get paid. Sylvester Jr. Is not the first child to attend the the school and for the fact that it happens doesn't mean you will blame their parents that's why it's called a boarding school, you DNT have to always see your kids, there are stipulated time for visit...no they run ur mouth ontop wetin u no know...when you have ur kids, dey body guard dem...no body Holy pass. Sister!!!!!

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by Kingcalls: 1:43pm On Dec 04, 2021
Pataricatering:
why are there so many idiots like you on nairaland

My problem is not even what he posted, but the number of people that liked it
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by burner44(m): 1:48pm On Dec 04, 2021
NovesaTillie:
Simply put, you are Mad.
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by exegesis: 1:57pm On Dec 04, 2021
rooney:
I can't argue that small children are not into cultism. Not quite long a primary School teacher was narrating how primary three pupils in her school were fingering their Private parts. The female ones practicing lesbianism. I won't allow my children to be a boarder. I prefer taking the pains of school runs in their secondary school than allow all those rubbish going on in boarding house to happen to my children. Any parent that misses training the children at teen age in a godly way, it will take special grace of God for that child to be well behaved child in the society.
Not true. Well, not true in my case. I ended up as a well-behaved girl(even if I do say so myself. My hubby can testify to it) even though I saw all the rubbish you mentioned done in my school. I already had the fear of God drilled in me before I went to boarding school. But you see my younger brother who attended a day school...

There are vices everywhere, be it boarding or day. Day students visit each other at home and still do stuff, particularly when no adult is around, there are school toilets where all manner of rubbish happen during breaktime and social activities. Las Las, it's just God's grace we pray for to raise kids the right way, be it day or boarding
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by duduade: 1:59pm On Dec 04, 2021
RealAdewole:
1. The school was aware of the cultism activities...
2. The parents of the cultist students knew their children are cultist (they themselves may actually be into cult practices)...
3. Late Sylvester may never get true justice...

Reasons I will advice they go spiritual o

make them *roo* the oku

That boy s spirit should not be at peace
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by legendburna: 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2021
Thanos5555:
: angry
It's so bad how Moderators will rewrite someone's post on group forum and immediately send it with thier names as Authors.

Back to the topic: I hope Sanwo-olu takes this matter seriously, they need to arrest the School Management and parents of those children, enough is enough oooooo.

The worst thing is to send a wealthy son to school where the teachers are paid little and are poor, they will end up playing a blind eye to the students atrocities, all because of they are afraid of the wealth of thier parents, this has resulted in many wealthy boarding schools to harbour Drug addicts , all because thier teachers and care keepers are afraid to speak to wealthy children or discipline them,

You can't come to government school and Do cultism with your #1000 school fees lollllllll

But because they pay 1 million as school fees in Dowen, they allow whatever to happen, the same with the school close to my area, 500k as school fees, bro cone and see drug addicts for that school, no discipline at all

*am the original author of this story, nairaland moderators hijacked and sent it to front page with thier name *

And there's a post on fp too about cultists from government schools....

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by TheOmoney(m): 2:04pm On Dec 04, 2021
NA FOOLISH PARENTS DEY CARRY CHILDREN GO BOARDING SCHOOL!

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by geemd434: 2:13pm On Dec 04, 2021
NovesaTillie:

For calling me a bastard, your children till the 4th generation will benefit from the ills of boarding school and you will not be alive to do anything. If you do not know how to respect people's opinion then you are nothing but a waste of education that's if you ever got one.

You will die a miserable death. Blood sucking skull mining slave of a people.
Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 04, 2021
NovesaTillie:

You are a product of boarding school. You were probably a bully and only heaven knows how many children you have killed or defiled but nemesis will catch you with you soon. Useless animal
Rubbish I didn’t do any of that and you are very foolish for your earlier statement like the same thing doesn’t happen in day school too . Many boarding school students are better off in life now because they went to a boarding school many day school students are Terrorists and cultists today it’s an individual thing if you like keep being insensitive and blame the parents I’m sure you haven’t seen proper boarding schools that produce better humans for the society in my time I saw more day school students become a terror to society than boarding school students. Many people can attest to this better shut up your insensitive gutter mouth. No where is safe better focus on teaching your kids good morals whether they board or go to a day school nonsense… my boarding school helped shape my life in the right direction it helped me learn how to be my own person , I learned how to work with people and hustle for myself. The kids that killed that Boy obviously had very bad morals who know what would have happened if they were in A day school heck they would have had access to guns and a lot more even drugs . My boarding school was strict to the core and the church environment was controlled. It wasn’t until I graduated that I even knew that kids in my street that attended Day schools were already leading cult groups at Ages younger than mine… There where 10 year old kids in my area who attended day schools that were already committing all sorts of atrocities. Go to port Harcourt and ask about Craft center or holy rosary they weren’t boarding schools But most of their kids were Terrorists in their Neighborhood Better shut up and think before you type you insensitive Dumbass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #JusticeForSylvester: Parents Of Dowen College Cult Members To Fly Them Out by Druss(m): 2:30pm On Dec 04, 2021
Let then fly out. It is easier to pick them up. This is the digital age. By the time Twitter and Instagram campaigns start.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

LASU Final Year Female Student Commit Suicide Over Lack Of Money (photo) / Snake Killed In KABIR UMAR Hostel In MAU Yola / The Look ASUU Chairman Gave Chris Ngige After Reaching Agreement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.